View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Invitation (for Emilla) 

Post Invitation (for Emilla)
“So … alcohol ...”

Stephanie nodded in response. From time to time she had overlooked the minor discretions of the scrounger if it paid off. Often Stephanie pointed her in the direction of other girls hat got things though she had run into a bi of trouble with the alcohol she supplied for the last party.

Daphnee wasn't sure about Stephanie's angle here As far as she was aware Stephanie got out of that sort of contraband though I could have been as simple as not liking the girl or supplying Daphnee with good information now so that she might overlook something else. Drugs? No, she doubted that. Stephanie seemed small time. She had a few means of dealing with this matter that she could see.

She could attempt to get a hold of the alcohol, interrupt the party or use other methods. She did not know where the alcohol was or where the party would be she had only a name to go by. Eimella McFall…

In a fire one tended to rush to their valuables first and if she let on that she new about the suspected contraband well she might rush off to move or destroy the evidence. She could have Kanoe or other students watch her … maybe …

Selecting a few girls with demerits that she would erase for such a service was easy enough, especially those that were borderline in having a session in the basement. Selecting the right series of students didn't take too long. There were the rebellious type she could skip but there were those that got demerits from tardiness and were generally good students though she knew why they were absent or late a lot …

Eimelle would get an “invite” to the dorm of the Prefect, a message delivered to her by one of her peers though it was clear that skipping out was probably a bad idea. At least the arrival time had not been fixed being after dinner within a two hour time frame when the Prefect would be in doing lighter work as far as she could tell.

"Every time I close My eyes I see the monsters." - Dead Space: Aftermath

Last edited by Daphnee on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Post Re: Invitation (for Eimella)
"Aw hell" Emilia stated after receiving the so called invitation. She's been here long enough to know what this means, or at least what it usually means. She hadn't even been active all that long again! Sure, to her it seems as if no time has passed, but she's no fool. She's well aware that something had happened to her during the previous years, even if she doesn't have a darn clue what it might have been.

Clearly, picking up as if nothing had happened isn't working. Someone had snitched, that's the only possibility. "Can't trust anyone nowadays." She mutters as she leaves her room. She takes the time to make herself look almost perfect. Not too good or innocent, that only attracted attention. Just good enough, that's all.

She knocks on the Prefect door right on time, three knocks, evenly timed, and takes a step back as she waits for an answer.

ADD Agent Vidalia. How in the world does she walk in those boots?

Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:32 pm

She sets aside the notebook she had been working on having finished her homework earlier than expected and wanting to be present for the arrival of her guest she actually scrawled down a few lines for a new comedic angel with her ventriloquist dolls, which Emilla would see as the door was opened.

There were a lot of them, Daphnee had quite the collection and the larger living space allowed her to set many up without the place appearing too cluttered. They served as nick knacks though those of use since at any time she could pick one up and begin using it.

“Miss McFall, I presume?” Daphnee had seen the photo in the file she had looked over earlier though there was a chance she only looked similar. She was well dressed, not dressed up but not sleazy either. “Please, come in.. You can have a seat in the kitchen.”

She would offer her a drink before sitting down herself sliding aside the notebook she had been scrawling in. “It must not be any wonder to you why I have summoned you here, correct?” She began volunteering no information as of yet and studying her reaction to this statement as if allowing a guilty conscience to manifest itself

Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:40 pm

Emilla steps inside once the door is opened, forcing herself not to stare openly at all of the dolls. She had seen a few collections like this before, most girls here had something to help them cope after all. Perhaps this could be a good thing, give her some way rto make a trade with this one if need be.

"Yes, that's me." She says in her southern a cent, putting on a smile for the Prefect. She smooths a hand over her skirt as she heads into the kitchen and sits down. "Thank you. I don't suppose you have any sweet iced tea, do you?" She asks, sounding almost hopeful. "If not, then water please." She settles in, prim and proper as she looks at the other student.

"Well, yes, it is a bit of wonder to me." She says, working to keep up her innocence. "I don't believe that I have any demerits, do I? I can't recall being in trouble lately." That's true enough. She can't remember the last few years at all. Likely all they have are rumors and whispers anyways.

Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:28 pm

“Ice tea, hm, well it looks as if you may be in luck,” Vera enjoyed tea and she tended to stock up on it. She had various brands as it wasn't always the same type that had been offered up though she knew she had nothing prepared as she did no have a fresh pitcher since Vera had not come here and she went to the tower put the fridge was well stocked with various bottled water and ice teas.

She look for a minute or two though she did not find any sweet ice tea she had a good supply of other flavors. She took a water for herself and sat getting comfortable again.

“No, no demerits as far as I can tell. In fact your file was fairly sparse.”
That told her not to pry too deeply into the matter. Emilla wasn't giving away anything, though she expected as much though something had to be churning in that head of hers It was time to see about drawing her mind to such regions before they were finished with their drinks so it was not a super rush but neither could it b prolonged either.

“I hope for your sake it remains that way. I am told that you are among those that someone in certain needs go to for certain services ...”
she let that hang out there for a moment as she took a drink of water. “I am sure you have heard all manners of things, more than I or anyone on the staff. Certain things have gone missing, more than normal. After all one assumes that some office supplies go missing for personal use.

“I am more interested in this beach party that has trickled along to me. You wouldn't know anything about that would you?”

Was she being accused of the missing supplies? It was more likely that that was being used as an example, after all there weren't too many parties where one needed a ton of pens and paper clips for, more likely she was eluding to other matters.

Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Emilla settles for water. Noone here seems to understand proper sweet tea anyways. She doesn't drink hot teas, which seem so popular here. She sips idly, watching the other woman quietly as she waits for her to get to the point

"I plan to keep it that way." She says. "I have no use for being in trouble, it takes up too much time." Official trouble that is. She's perfectly fine with unofficial trouble.

"Everyone here offers services to everyone else. It may be comfort or help with a test. Perhaps just a shoulder to cry on. I'm no different." Wouldn't too to admit to too much without knowing the Prefect's intentions after all. "Granted, I've been around longer than many here, save a select few, which means I do hear things."

She tilts her head, looking right into the other woman's eyes before speaking. I don't know anything about any beach party I'm afraid. I wish I did, I could use a chance to relax and get outside a little. If you wish, however, I'll be sure to let you know if I do hear anything. We're you hoping to attend?"

Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:07 pm

There was that Southern nature that she had to be careful of. The manners could be a rouse, she could be up to no good after all and no showing her hand as there had been no outward signs of duress on her part. Then again, if she were here as long as she claimed then she had o have had her dealing with Prefects.

“Yes, it's rather time consuming but unfortunately part of the job ...”
Discipline was not easy for the one dispensing it either.

“I'm sure that you'll find out about the party one way or another. People need particular things or have their wants. I'm sure they'll ask for all manners of contraband from something as simple as a cigarette or even alcohol. I am not against having a good time but rules are rules I'm afraid. There is only so much I can ignore.”

She paused for another sip of her drink, possible still looking for any sort of sign that anything was hitting home.

“Me? At a party? I'm afraid not. In addition to being much to busy a Prefect showing up at such things ruins the atmosphere. Besides, I am not against students having some fun as long as there is no gross violations of the rules and no one is being hurt.”

Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Emilla gets a wistful look I her eyes at the mention of alcohol. "Ah, I miss whiskey. " She says. "It's been so long since I had any." She looks towards Daphnee and smiles. "I haven't a clue where anyone could get anything like that. Oh sure, we had some years ago A little that got snuck in, but that's long gone now. I don't smoke either. Never picked up the habit." Doesn't mean she wouldn't trade cigarettes at the drop of a hat though. Just cause she doesn't, doesn't mean she won't let others.

"Why not go to this party? Relax a little." She suggests. You work hard, you deserve it, don't you?" Not that she's likely to supply this party now, it's getting risky given what this woman has hinted at. "Or did you call me here to help you relax?" She asks, suddenly my smiling very wickedly. "That's down right scandalous. Do you seduce many students this way? Not that I'm opposed mind you. You have such lovely eyes and such kissable lips."

Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:51 pm

There was a nostalgic look with the mention of alcohol bringing up familiar memories the way that she would possibly consider her dolls when reflecting on them if she had to leave them behind. Her words seemed truthful, at least as fa as drinking went. There was some cooking alcohol's and stuff for the staff though that wasn't particular common knowledge and the stuff used for food was the own personal stuff of the staff.

She herself only had one drink and that was when she infiltrated that party and only a Momo's suggestion. She was in training then and not really well known, more or less a wall flower at that stage.

Cigarettes had been easier to make. Though there was mouth wash and moonshiners she supposed the staff had cigarettes though they weren't suppose to, just like the alcohol. If it were banned to the students it was banned to them to stop students from getting them but policing the staff wasn't in her realm of duties and it was unclear to her who did that. It was only important that she knew not to bother with that.

Cigarettes were easier to make, and the jungle had no shortage of plants that could substitute. The rules made no distinction about nicotine cigarettes and non-nicotine ones.

“The students need to relax more and wouldn't be able to do so if I were around,”
her gaze flicked to one of the dolls briefly then returned. “I'm more introverted anyway.”

That was a product of being ignored so often and being alone. She sort of grew into that but looking back she could not imagine any other way about things. No crime, no punishment though she already had observers in place to make certain if Emilla went running to her stash or even had one. She was forth coming with a lot of things though to deny them would have been pretty stupid. Emilla had no clue that her file had been virtual empty though there was a note that Vera and NICE had been involved, that made her wonder a little.

“How scandalous … I wouldn't dream of abusing my position in such a way though I'm sure that many would. I prefer to punish those that deserve it or reward … I'm not attracted to women,” well that was somewhat complicated to explain. She considered that she must have been used as a test subject already in someway or exposed to something but nothing in that file told her she was off limits or marked for retesting.

“However, you are quite attractive and I do have an idea of sorts if you are interested.”

Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:14 am

Emilla let's out a small sigh. "I suppose you have a point." She admits. "If a person of authority showed up, some people might get nervous." She smiles at the other student, already debating if any of her various stashes had been compromised. She might have to make her rounds sometime later. In a few days to make sure she's not being watched.

She lifts an eyebrow at the next statement. She hadn't met a student yet that didn't like women. Doesn't mean there couldn't be one of course.

"And just what would that idea be?"

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:38 pm

Daphnee had not seen any deception in Emilla yet and truth be told she tended to ignore the smaller matters. Even Stephanie she got some slack too for the price of information. The girl tended not to overstep her bounds at least not to Daphnee's knowledge and she was easy to manipulate, though it was sometimes annoying to deal with her given the attraction that the other student had to her..

Perhaps she had found someone, she didn't get that annoying flirtation as of late. Stephanie came on strong, sometimes too strong, though she had worked out how best to deal with matters there.

“A simple matter really. I know that before long you will be approached for one thing or another. It may just be an invite.”
She paused only long enough to let that sink in. Perhaps giving her a chance to analyze things. It was doubtful that she would try something though she was still sticking with her plan if she caught Emilla with anything but there was an opportunity here as well

Emilla was into contraband. Daphnee knew this, though had no proof not that a Prefect needed such. Perhaps only Karen she would be a hard ass with though the two just ignored one another these days. But with this disclosure of this fact it wasn't likely she would supply the party but someone would … someone she didn't know in the contraband scene.

“There is the issue of no making a public appearance as likely as there will be various infractions. But is someone were to just keep their eyes and ears open … well it could lead to a reward. There are various things I get the use of that may fall into that category, several I think that you will find most interesting ...”

As to what they were she did not immediately say though Daphnee made a casual pitch. Knowing Emilla was into contraband she could always watch her but if she came away snaring an unknown and adding someone to her watch list that was even more rewarding as it made her job easier in the long run.

Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Emilla has made it a point to not show any deception. In fact, apart from one or two statemebfz, she hadn't told an outright lie either. The best lies have a hint of truth in them.

She smiles as she listens to the offer. Of course she had often traded in information as well, so this really isn't any different than her previous work.

"What things? " She asks, still smiling.

Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:18 pm

“It could be anything really that seems interesting. From gossip and rumors to actual names of those up to shady matters, I will leave the matter to your discretion. But as for your reward, provided things pan out you could see this as twofold in a way. While attention is elsewhere, well it cannot be in two places at once,” though by acknowledging the last statement Emilla would probably realize that if her ambitions were small some contraband might be overlooked or attention placed elsewhere if the pay out was greater though she had to suspect that she was being watched so she would have to be careful.

“As for other matters,”
she stood up rounding her seat as she drew a finger along her shoulders before leaning down so that her lips hovered near an ear. She let loose a whisper.

“That will be influence by results.”
Her warm breath spilled out over her neck. She stood to her full height after that regarding the student as something ticked in the mind of the green eyed Prefect.

Apart from the sash the black leather wrist guards stood out, obviously she had permission to wear them as there was no way she would be so bold to go against the standard protocol of the dress code. Either she was going out on patrol later or had been too busy to change out of her uniform. A third option presented itself, that she dressed in the uniform because she either liked it or wanted to project a professional air most of the time or at least when expecting someone.

Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:52 pm

Emilla finds herself nodding before she even realizes what the other woman had said. She can't help the small frown that appears on her face for only a moment.

She does tense a little when the Prefect stands and approaches her, Emilla sitting quite still as those lips brush her ear and them shivering for just a second.

"That doesn't really tell me what you're offering." She says slowly, looking up at the Prefect. "You could just be offering me a cookie and a pat on the head for telling you what you hoped to hear."

Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:15 pm

“An astute observation though I am not at liberty to disclose some matters,” she had noted the earlier frown though there was this moment where she allowed the student to think of what those rewards were. She had not gotten distracted by allowing her mind to run away with itself and seemed more focused and less intimidated then most.

She herself was hardly opposing or versed in any sort of magic to keep troublesome students in line. Most often a student quickly realized that a situation would only grow worse if they fought against an authority figure.

“I am in the habit of allowing some leeway with rewards, provided that it is justifiable as far as rewards go. So it all depends on what you think is a good reward, though I simply choose for the more timid types or even scale up rewards if I feel it is merited.

“Does that assist you in considering rewards? Unconfirmed rumors and gossip probably isn't worth too much until it is confirmed. But something that leads into something big might be. Of course everything will have to be checked at least once if I deem it is worth the time but chasing up every lead can be a bit tiring and unproductive.”

Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next