View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Settling In (for Kim) 

Post Settling In (for Kim)
It was actually the second day since I arrived when I made it to my room. The door was set with little iron characters, spelling out A231. That was to be my number for the duration of my time here. A231. I know as I tell you this, darling, that you're wondering why I required two days to make it to my dorm and I would tell you except that it does not have much bearing on this story. I shall let you peruse my account of the event that delayed me, how I was accosted in the halls and taken advantage of. My disability garnered me no consideration. But it is another story and you can read it later. Suffice to say I was left bitter and hurt and defiled beyond measure. Even as I stared with a frown at the sign on my door, I could feel the lingering pain between my legs. Inside me my flesh was weeping, and I knew I'd find a crimson blot on my unmentionables when I changed. Enough of this. I opened the door.

What I saw took me off guard. I hadn't liked Shokushu from the start. The hot weather and the featureless architecture did little to endear it to me, and let us not mention my horrifying encounter again. My room was actually quite cozy. "Wow." I said lamely as I wheeled myself into the substantial space. "Wow. This is really nice." The walls were unfurnished of course apart from the ubiquitous bunk beds, the two desks in diagonally opposite corners, and the standing wardrobe, but what it lacked in that regard was more than made up for in size and simple warmth. The previous occupant had painted the plaster a rich creamy color that shone like gold that had been mellowed by uncounted centuries. The carpet was luxurious and plush, a powdery pink mass. I kicked off my shoes and leant forward to let my dangling feet touch it. The sensation was pure heaven, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I flung myself without pause onto the rich rug and spread out my arms with a sigh. "Well." I thought to myself as I stared up at the torpid ceiling fan, it's cherrywood panel blades glossy and waiting patiently for my command to slice the air and transform it into a perpetual breeze for my sole enjoyment. "Perhaps this place won't be so bad after all." I could remember my attack only in flashes and hazy impressions. I knew my diary held the entirety of it, but I refused to read it. No, it was better to rest in my splendid new room and quietly ponder my new life at Shokushu.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]