View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 A Game To Play... (For Elise and Revi) 

Post Re: A Game To Play... (For Elise and Revi)
The room is too high up. Third floor with an adjacent tree or obstruction to glance off of, she'd be alright on her own. Second floor even without it, she'd risk it. Third floor with Elise and rain-slicked walls? No way in hell, it's not something that would pan out well for either one of them - and while she knows, -knows- in her head by now that the monsters and denizens of this island can't do lasting physical damage, if she jumps out the window to her death she's not willing to risk the chance, as adrenaline-fueled as she is at the moment.

The demon-eyed thief takes in a long, steadying breath, purging the blood roaring in her ears. She wants this thing dead, buried, vaporized, and is very, very close to throwing caution to the wind and lashing out, knowing full well despite the 'boy's benign appearance, she's hopelessly outclassed.

"Not his real form. Its. Shifting mass, tentacles, smart mouth. Almost drowned me. Thinks its clever. Can't fight for shit, compared to most." Revi's words come clipped, low, eerily calm. The eye of the storm, such as it was. She takes stock, noting positions, the way that 'napalm' is positioned in the monster's chest cavity, where she'd impaled him before. Fingers flex, subtle shifting of weight into a combat crouch - she won't be going down easy, and she's not about to jeopardize the sheer amount of contraband the two had worked for. She needed to move the arena, to get him and her, at very least, out of the room. In the back of her head, however - Elise. The unaccounted for variable. She was used to fending off these things as best she could on her own, but throw her co-conspirator in to the mix, especially as she actually gives a shit about her? ... Iffy.

It's all looking very iffy tonight.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:37 am

She's feeling very much like the third wheel here. She can see the hesitation in the other woman's eyes, that sense that El is an impediment and it infuriates the little brunette. Useless. Her rage focuses on the "boy", bat lifted, tip lifting up the monster's chin as she stands defensive, eyes sunk to tight slits. They flash briefly Revi's way. Why don't you just run? Bangs hang in her eyes as she glowers wrathfully at Icosagan. This doesn't read right. The little bastard isn't following the MO. Girls are spread out like a buffet in this place, but this one is sniffing through her things like a hunting dog. The violation of her property is, well, it's going to sound fucked up, but... Somehow it's worse than that constant and inevitable violation of her body. Maybe because she's just accepted the inevitability of the latter.

"The fuck are you looking for? What do you want?"

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:31 am

"Me?" The malevolent entity peers at Elise, glancing briefly at Revi. "Well, I was waiting for you to show up. This? Not really a weapon, but perhaps a... gift." Slowly, as he leans to the right again, he reaches out and leaves the glass jar up on one of Elise's shelves.

He is beginning to sway on his feet again, his gaze flicking between the two of them. If he considers one more dangerous than the other... one a more interesting target than the other, he isn't showing it... although his position blocks Elise's access to the window better than Revi's. Part of that was because Elise was approaching him with a baseball bat, with intent to brain.

"I'll take two for the price of one... but a fight would be trouble for me. You, who know something of the rules and laws, know I can't simply burn you two. That'd be too kind, and cruel. I wouldn't be against hanging you two outside by your toes though, while all your belongings burned away."

His tone was more threatening, more rambling. Like he was trying to find the point, remember where the next step would lead...

"But I'm not interested in overpowering you two. As you eloquently put... 'I can't fight for shit'... still enough to deal with you both, maybe! But an offer of an alternative is in the air..." Now his words were beginning to flow, his body easing left to right smoothly as he stepped forwards a step towards Elise.

"A challenge then... a game, do you think? Instead of a fight... a chance to win, or lose... by something other than strength and power." He snaps his fingers once, pointing to Elise, then Revi, and he began wearing a devilish little grin on his face. "If you don't like that idea... well... my other idea is that I can drag you two off into the cold and rainy night, screams lost in the shrieking wind, chilled to the bone while your room burns..." He was on a roll now, but he stopped, grin vanishing, and just watching the two of them intently...

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:44 am
Profile YIM

Eyes drift from the monster to the jar. Her smirk is sharp. Her eyes are greedy, hawkish, eyes drifting from Ico to the jar, like she's looking for tells, judging her odds, Russian roulette poker playing doubles. "Hnf. You want two, you're going to pay for two." Sharkish, keen eyes like mirrors. A tongue flicks out against pink lips, the only nervous tell. "Just so you know, Wishmaster. Whatever stupid girl rubbed your lamp, she's going to get skinned..."

There's a brief glance Revi's way, dark brow lifted, and finally a shrug. She doesn't really read the other girl's response. She's never been one to look for guidance in the clutch and besides, it's her room and.... well.... The choice is pretty obvious. She tips her chin up in an affirmation. "Okay, Jigsaw. Tell us what you want, we tell you what we want, and we'll come to an understanding. Get on."

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:52 am

"Oh... an interesting comparison. Wishmaster, Jigsaw... as for what you wish for, what do you think the terms should be? If you win, what do you want?" He hums a little, smiling as she watches him hawkishly. He swayed on his feet, grinning at the greed and cunning. "Are you are worried about cautionary tales or deluded wannabe catalysts of sadistic rebirths... because those are those, and this is this."

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:21 am
Profile YIM

While the monster is distracted with his own opinion of his cleverness, Elise makes the point to lock eyes with Revi. She tips her head towards the napalm jar in subtle cue before rolling eyes back to Iso. "I want off this island, on a chartered plane back to the United States with my memory and body intact and 50,000 in crisp American bills." It's droll. She knows, of course, that none of these monsters will really just let her walk. So may as well negotiate high, play to his amusement, give herself and Revi some time, and hopefully learn a thing or two in the process.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:42 am

"Oh? Now you sound just like that other girl... laying out terms like a contract being negotiated." His grin grew just a touch, a nasty smile that faded just as fast as it appeared.

"It's not a contract... it's a wager. So I ask you again, what are your stakes?" Whistling to himself, he glanced over at Revi, then at Elise. "Frankly, you have nothing to offer back... nothing like that!" A pause, then he continues. "You said it yourself... you know the rules, as you say... that you say you are protected by. But you know, there are more laws than that..."

A slight smirk now. "So with that in mind... one can't wager for the alpha or omega, the beginning or the end. You can't ask for my life anymore than I can ask for yours... and as for what you said you wanted to try and win? Well, my stakes can only cover what I can do, obviously... but if you provided the exit and plane yourself, I'm sure I could provide."

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:21 am
Profile YIM

"Hn. Isn't that just what it is? I know the Vegas wheelers and dealers would balk at the very thought of their wagers not qualifying as binding contracts." The bat twists in wrist, icy glower. "I also know the house always wins, and those with nothing to lose always lose the worst. If you're such a clever gambler, why are you here gambling with paupers...?" There's a pause. It's a silent but as she seems to consider. "We get five questions. You answer honestly. If you don't have a suitable answer, we get to ask another."

Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:42 am

"Oh, yes... it is binding. And yes, it is a contract. But it is a mindset you have to be wary of..." A dark little chuckle as the bat twists and icy daggers are pointed his way. "A gamble...? It is that too, true... as for why... why indeed? If you'd know, you'd have it, wouldn't you?"

He goes quiet. Surprisingly quiet. As quiet as she is, and does. After she offers his proposal, he finally responds. "Five questions indeed... right to the heart, ambitious indeed. But questions, unrestricted? Oh, unlikely..."

"How about this... five questions of equal importance to an example you will give. These questions cannot require me to violate those laws, those ones I have mentioned. After all, those stakes cannot, as I have said... That will be a start, don't you think?"

Now his face split into a terrible little grin again, and his question scratched at the edges of the logic of the situation. "And with that set, what will your wager be? What do you think will be of equal value? You may have to shave it to make it... but what will you risk, against that prize?"

Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:56 am
Profile YIM

Her brow rises, incredulous. Blue eyes are rolled. "Foul ball, beastie. None of this 'unmentioned rules and regulations apply' bullshit. For all I know, the only answers you're 'allowed to give' are name, rank and serial number; or worse, only lies. I'm not jumping in blind."

Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:02 am

A smirk. "Didn't I say that there more laws than what you know? You said that I can't 'hurt' you... you know that to be true, eh? But that's not the only rule around here... well, asking for those is certainly a tall order to begin with. But let me say simply, then?

Well, for one... we aren't allowed to show and tell... that is to say, we can't show you or tell you directly about this school... why it exists, what it really is, and that related information."

A shrug now. "Besides that? Well, there isn't much to say about what I can say. Of course, nothing is stopping you from asking about them..." A chuckle, finally, at her look. "I'm not generous or charitious. But all of them you should be able to ascertain with your common sense. I will certainly tell you if something has to be denied, and you can ask something else."

"If that puts a crimp on what you wanted to ask... well, that might be too bad!" A grin now. "But really, if that's too much to deal with to begin with, you aren't half as clever as I figured you for. Tough, then!"

Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:12 am
Profile YIM

She stares, sullen, at the monster, flash of white teeth. "Kind of kills any chance at a big gain, doesn't it? We're not exactly looking at Reno jackpots here, are we?" Eyes flicker briefly from Revi, back to Ico. "Alright. Here's the deal. My partner's off limits, either way." She tips her chin up towards the window. "This is me and you. We take her out of the equation entirely. She's an acrobat. She can survive a fall from the window. Keep this whole thing tight and uncomplicated." Her smile is a keen razor. "I wager myself. You could always renege on the deal, decide the stakes aren't to your liking, take my body and fuck the gamble. But I can guarantee, you won't get much satisfaction out of it. Try to rape me and all you'll get is a mannequin. I'll lie there like a corpse and you, well, I'm guessing that won't be all that enjoyable for you. But if you win, you get me as you want me. Want me to kick and scream and gnash my teeth and cry hot wet tears? Sure thing. Want me to pretend at pleasure? Bucking and writhing and riding you like a stallion? I don't see why not."

Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:19 am

(Alright R... we'll miss you Revi ~.~ Return and play again some time; poke me again when you feel things are getting better for ye!)
His response was somewhat surprising. It was not expected. "Oh, is that all? Fine. I'll accept your base..." Like lightning, one of his tentacles snared Revi's ankles, flipping her into the air! Reaching out, he flicked the window open with another long, thin tentacle, and dangled her outside. The wind howled, rain splattering loudly. For a moment, the sensual thief was dangled by her ankle, held three stories high... and then, the tentacle let her go. Let her plummet down, into the darkness of the stormy night...

A last, nasty scare for Revi, before she hit the ground in a roll. And for Elise, just the start.

"I hope you are sure about her being fine from this height..." He grinned back towards Elise, a nasty little smile. "...but regardless. If I receive half, you get half the same. Three questions, one of which is minor at best... and don't forget what else I've said." It was weird, he almost sounded like he was haggling.

A faint chuckle as he holds up a finger. No smiles now, not even a smirk. "Are you ready? Because once we begin, there is no turning back... you are striding into the darkness... pitch black and terrible..." His words were quieter, hushed, just a touch... or maybe it was just the faint howl of the wind, or the constant sound of the rain splattering outside. A flash, and then a crack of thunder, sending a brighter light flickering through the room...

Last edited by isometricmayhem on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:02 am
Profile YIM

No regrets. She got Revi out of the line of fire and that's the best she could hope for. Still, a tangible shudder runs through her body at the peal of lightning. Fingers comb hair back from her face. But she nods in response to his question. "Not fair if you're going to just go right back after her. No double dipping. No excuses to go chase her down and try your odds again just as soon as I win our little game. Hands off my friend and we have a deal. Whatever you're going to bring, bring it, you son of a bitch."

Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:08 am

A snort, now. "No." It was sudden, and surprising. "No alpha nor omega... not for yourself, nor another. You can't ask for what I can't give, I can't ask for what you cannot... and thus you cannot ask for the same. There is no never, just as there is no forever." A smirk, now.

"But I'll only approach her with something similar to this, at least for a while. I'll leave her alone entirely for a week or two... you don't have much to offer, so that's the best you can hope for, with everything else weighed." He looked at her, almost smug.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:16 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next