View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Practice makes perfect (For DarkYoung) 

Post Practice makes perfect (For DarkYoung)
Having just moved into the room, one might expect to find things in a various state of disarray. Yet no clothing or moving boxes cluttered the floor of the room. Actually minus the empty suitcases in the corner of the room and the freshly made bed it would be difficult to tell if anyone actually lived in the room. Yet someone did, and she was glad that she had not be assigned a room mate, she always felt odd around other people.

The small white haired girl closed the door to her closet as the last of her clothing was put into place, hanging the uniform she would wear tomorrow on the door knob. The room was bathed in the light of the moon and yet otherwise completely dark though the girl had little trouble moving around in it. She was used to the darkness. Moving over to the large dresser, she opened the top drawer. Sitting there was perhaps her two most prized possessions in the world. A small, heavily stickered laptop and her flute case. She would have loved to email her net friends and let them know she had arrived safely, yet she didn't even know if this school and if it did she didn't know the settings anyway. Her other possession was her Brannen-Cooper flute. It had seen her through so many difficult times. She was glad it was with her still.

The girl was dressed simply within the security of her own room. A pair of plain pajamma bottom's covered her pale legs and an over sized tee shirt, meant purely for her own comfort. On her feet she wore a pair of bear slippers, the eyes were giant X's and the bears mouths hung open as if trying to scream "I'm CUTE!"

Cael wrinkled her nose in thought as if stuck trying make a much more difficult decsion than she really had to. With a small sigh while looking at her laptop she picked up her flute and moved to the center of the room. Unpacking it with loving care and assembling it, she closed her eyes as if to focus her mind before she pursed her lips and brought the flute up to them.

A haunting melody issued forth filling the room.

Mon May 11, 2009 10:39 pm

Post Re: Practice makes perfect (For DarkYoung)
Stretching after a nice long nap under the light of the moon, Thaddeus wandered through the forest surrounding part of the school grounds, aimlessly ambling toward the more inhabited areas. Maybe he'd try to sneak into one of the dorms, get a real shower for once. Mmm, shower. Kicking his hoofed feet to get the blood flowing, he bounded off into the shadow swathed trees, leaping nimbly among the low hanging branches.

As he arrived at the edge of the forest closest to the building, he paused a moment, whistling quietly at the sheer size of the housing. This, is going to be harder than I thought. Scratching his head in befuddlement, he peered at the mostly curtained and closed windows, golden eyes glowing faintly in the darkness, seeking some sort of sign as to the location of his hot, steamy prize. Twitching slightly, it was his pointed fuzzy ears which first found inspiration, angling toward the source of a haunting strain of flute music, apparently coming from one of the lower rooms.

Head tilting curiously, he leaped from the trees, to land in the shadows of the building, pressing flat to the brick surface as he inched toward the music. Gathering himself, he jumped upward, thick, powerful fingers snagging the windowsill and pulling the top of his horned and furry head just over the lip cautiously, peeking into the dark room. For a brief moment, he was sure he was watching a ghost, the pale skinned and haired girl faintly luminescent under the lunar light. She even had that ephemeral air that most unquiet spirits possessed, a sense of stillness, a vague hush shrouding her, despite the music coaxed from the flute at her lips.

And then, his eyes found her slippers, and he fought to keep from laughing out loud. No ghost that he knew (and he knew a few) would be caught dead, pun intended, in a pair of silly things like those. Assured that he was not in fact intruding upon an deceased humans nightly lamentations, he pulled himself up further, slowly gouging his steel hard hoofs into the brick, forming footholds. Now more secure, he reached up with one black nailed hand and gently pushed at the opening of the window, testing if it was locked. His eyes and ears were locked on the rather enchanting creature inside the room, alert and waiting for her to open her eyes, and, despite himself, falling into the tune of her playing.

Click me!

"The abuse of greatness, is when it disjoins remorse from power." - Brutus, from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. Also a tagline for the anime Eden of the East.

Mon May 11, 2009 11:03 pm

Cael continued to play her flute slightly unaware that her song had attracted an onlooker. Slowly she began to sway with the sound of the music as she got more and more engrossed. Everytime she played it always felt the same as the first time she had played her first complete song. It was as if she was transported to a different world. Though as much as she loves music and playing, Cael is always hyper critical of her playing and knows she has a long way to go to consider herself a flautist.

Cael remained oblivious to the curious creature that dwelled right outside her window. Unaware of it watching her...unaware of its intent.

Mon May 11, 2009 11:23 pm

Satisfied that she was thoroughly engrossed in her playing, Thaddeus edged the window open wider, until he could fit his arm through it fully. Smirking to himself, he reached out with the same arm and murmured under his breath.

"Yog-Sothoth...Iä! Iä!...The Key and the Gate! Iä! Open the way!" he quietly intoned, dragging one finger through the air and ripping a hole in the fabric of reality, reaching inside and pulling out...what appeared to be a black baby goat, horns just starting to bud. As the small creature was pulled through the rift closed silently, as if it never was. Smirking to himself, he whispered in the cute little thing's ear, and set it down inside the room.

Shaking itself, the goatling wandered toward the girl, knowing better than to argue with its much larger and stronger cousin. Even so, it had to admit it found the music rather pleasant and happily gamboled over to the enthralled flautist. Obeying the brief order given by Thaddeus it circled around to come between her and the door to her room, then on its own initiative, put its tiny hoofs up on one of her feet, and baa-ed up at her, nuzzling her pajama covered ankle.

As his unwitting minion approached the girl, Thaddeus scooted to the side, peeking around the edge of the window, waiting to see how she'd react to the visitor. Smiling faintly, he dug his nails into the brick, pulling out a small piece and bouncing it on his leathery palm.

Click me!

"The abuse of greatness, is when it disjoins remorse from power." - Brutus, from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. Also a tagline for the anime Eden of the East.

Mon May 11, 2009 11:39 pm

As the baby little goat came into contact with her, the young woman's eyes flared open and her song came to a shrill halt as the last note went far off key. Quickly she spun, putting her back to the window and looked down at the tiny black goat. Biting down on her bottom lip resisting the immedate urge to touch the strange visitor as she pondered how he could have gotten into her room. Feeling the faint breeze of the calm night, she glanced over her shoulder at the now open window.

"So that's how..." she thought to herself, but still...a baby goat climbing or jumping through her window. Didn't she have it closed? Cael's head tilted slightly, still reguarding the cute little critter curiously. Placing her flute down onto the bed, she slowly reached her hand out towards the little baby. No matter how it got in here, it was here now...and it was just a tiny little guy, what harm could it cause? She'd have to figure out where it came from, or at least turn it into the RA but she could do that later. For now, she was curious about the critter and whether or not it would let her pet it.

Mon May 11, 2009 11:55 pm

Thaddeus ducked out of sight as she turned to the open window, holding his breath to keep even his breathing from alerting her. Giving it a good 10 count, he risked a peek, in time to watch her bend down toward his tiny cousin, tilting his head to admire the pajamas tightening over her rump. Later, later. See how this plays out first. Slowly, he leaned back into the window, bouncing the piece of brick on his palm as he awaited a prime moment.

The goatling, however, was in pure bliss. It was rare that it got to interact with something that wasn't trying to eat it, or use it for some foul plot. It joyfully baa-ed and hopped up on its back legs, nuzzling and licking her hand, playfully butting at it with its head. It looked up at her with big, soulful brown eyes, seeming to be ecstatic to be noticed at all. It tilted its head eagerly into her fingers when it realized she wanted to pet it, and she would find the black fur soft and silky to the touch.

Smirking from the window, Thaddeus wondered if the girl had ever read the story of the Trojan Horse. Although, to be honest, he was far to big to fit inside the little goatling. Of course, that didn't mean he couldn't use the apparently harmless critter to his advantage. Taking aim on the door in front of the girl, and therefore behind the goatling, he tensed his arm to throw, and watched, waiting...

Click me!

Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am

As the baby goat baa'd at her again and nuzzled into her hand, she bit her bottom lip again at the happiness that soared through out her at the tiny little critters friendly response. Reaching out her other hand she scooped up the tiny goatling and snuggled it. After a moment she sat the critter on her lap, petting and scratching the goatling behind its ears. Thoughts of continued practicing on her flute completely pushed to the side, the pale skinned young woman rolled onto her back keeping hold of her new friend. If the RA wasn't available tonight she have to find the little goatling something to eat, but those thoughts hardly mattered at the moment.

Maybe her stay here wasn't going to be that bad after all.

Tue May 12, 2009 12:29 am

Thaddeus paused a moment, a bit stunned by how much the affection from the goatling seemed to brighten the girl's mood. He assumed she must have some issues, if something that simple had that drastic of an effect. Bouncing the brick piece thoughtfully, he shrugged. It wasn't in his nature to care too much for others, though, the pang of loneliness he got from her resonated within him, just a bit. Maybe he'd let her keep the goatling, when he was finished with her.

Sighing like an old man, he shook his head, and took his shot, hurling the brick into the room to slam noisily against the door. Quite obviously, this would shock and surprise anyone, likely eliciting a scream or similar reaction. However, in the case of the goatling, a rather different reaction occurred. As the girl would very likely have no way of knowing, goatlings were a completely harmless species, valued for their tender meat. That is not to say they were without defenses, as the startled creature began to shake like a leaf in a high wind and wail piteously, its silky fur standing on end as black chains of wispy material began to radiate from it, lashing across everything in the room, particularly the girl holding it in her lap.

Whenever the lashes struck, a bolt of primal, unthinking fear shot through the girl, the urge to cower, or flee, to do anything to get away. Goatlings, also called terrorlings, defended themselves by projecting their own horrible fear around them, usually scaring off most predators. In the case of a human girl, she would likely have little defense against such a psychic assault.

Laughing quietly, Thaddeus pulled the window open further, the black lashes harmless to him, as he was related to the goatling by blood. He watched the girl as he climbed upward, eyeing her reaction to the fear before he made another move.

Click me!

Tue May 12, 2009 12:50 am

As the brick slammed into the door of her room with a resounding BANG, the young woman was up and on her feet quickly still holding onto the goat protectively. Her eyes wide from the startling sound, but she had no uttered a single...not even a tiny eep. The rooms shadows seemed to darken as cold sweat rolled down her spine, her breathing growing heavier as the black chains began whip and lash against the girl and flooding her room. Oddly, she still clung to the goat as if trying to protect it from whatever those dark tendril things were. The fear the little goat emitted drilled deep into her mind was already beginning to shape in her already fragile psyche and not letting go of the critter perhaps only made it worse. Stumbling backwards, tears dripped freely as her back hits the wall near the window. All her old fears, memories she had tried to supress come rushing back, taunting her with whispers and flickering rememberances. Loosing her footing she slips onto the floor firmly onto her rear, curling up into a ball and finally releasing the tiny little goatling. Frozen by fear, the girl can only cry and the fear inspiring lashes continue to assault her. Her fingers dig into her pajamma's, nails clawing and digging into the thin material.

Tue May 12, 2009 1:12 am

As the girl's back hit the wall, Thaddeus pulled himself fully through the open window, crouching as he landed, to keep his horns from hitting the ceiling. He glanced at the goatling, smirking and batting it gently under the bed, hissing a word in their native tongue.

"Sälkat!" he commanded, punctuating the order with a baring of his glistening black teeth. The goatling's wail stopped with a hiccuping sound, the tiny creature bleating and scurrying to the farthest depths of the under-bed, the fear chains vanishing like smoke in the wind. This done, Thaddeus turned back to the cowering girl, smile widening as he drank in the sight of her tear streaked face. Leaning down, he planted one large fist on either side of the curled up form, and brought his face closer to her slippered feet, nostrils flaring as he took in her scent, golden eyes watching her face, waiting for the fear to wane, before he began the next stage of his little game.

Click me!

Wed May 13, 2009 10:39 pm

As the supernatural fear began to slowly release its hold over the girl her mind began to clear and her eyes opened again. What had happened to her? Where did the little goat...her thoughts silenced themselves as she saw the looming figure of the large beastman that now crouched over her. Instinctively her entire body tenses and her eyes widen in fear and surprise. Her bright pink eyes still wet with her tears watched the creature unblinkingly as she presses her back harder against the wall as if that will help her get away from him. Her mind still reeling a bit from the sheer terror that had shaken her to her very core almost wonders if this creature is real. Maybe she had a panic attack...maybe this was a dream...a very odd, very bad dream. Gulping she glanced towards the creatures face, her eyes softening for a moment as she saw the goat horns on the creatures head, and lower holved feet. Creatures like this weren't real....were they? Yet here one was, and it seemed to be curious about her.

Cael didn't really speak, at least to other people. Trama at the hands of classmates and teachers had given way to her trying to make herself invisible. It had seemed to work, people just sort of seemed to ignore her like her parents had. It was at least better than...well. It was better.
When she did speak, it was usually to herself while working on her computer or chatting to her net friends. Yet...maybe this "thing" was just looking for the little goatling. Strengthing her resolve and fighting the urge to jump to her feet and try running away in terror Cael chose what would she later come to realize was a mistake. She spoke to him.

"Are...are you looking for a baby goat?" Her quiet voice cracked a bit as she spoke. Maybe it didn't speak though or couldn't...but only one way to find out and how rude would it have been to judge this creature for how it looked...as she had been her whole life.

Wed May 13, 2009 11:05 pm

He sniffed her feet a few mores times, golden orbs locked on tear clouded pink, then rose slightly, looking up her legs to her face, his shaggy head tilting slightly to one side as he smiled.

"Why, yes, I am. My cousin seems to have wandered off. I heard your playing, and gambled that he would be as attracted to it as I was. It seems my gamble has paid off, as you smell like you've been holding him," the goatman spoke quietly, and in a strangely polite tone. At his last words he ducked forward, nostrils flaring again as he sniffed at her legs, where the goatling had rested in her lap.

"What was that? The song you were playing, I mean. I can't place it, and I've quite the ear for music," he quietly murmured, twitching one furry, pointed ear comicly. Waiting for her response, he sniffed his way to her hands, assumedly tracking the goatling scent, though really only getting a good deep taste of her own fragrance.

Click me!

Wed May 13, 2009 11:35 pm

Even though she had asked the question she was still shocked to get a response. Well spoken and polite it seemed to be, but she still couldn't help but be a little unnerved as the beast sniffed at her. Though the calm tone did help ease her a bit as he admitted to searching for the little goat, she could still feel her heart pounding. Though her fear was admittedly being quickly washed by that of curiousity.

As the creature brought up what had lured him her and asked about her playing a small rosy blush creeped up onto her face.

"The song? It...it...I wrote it." The small girl managed to get out. "It isn't finished yet though, um the little goat was here, I don't, I don't really know what happened or where he got off too..." She added hastily and obviously changing the subject from that of her flute playing.

Wed May 13, 2009 11:55 pm

My, how the panicked mind clings to the semblance of normalcy, Thaddeus thought. Here I am, clearly inhuman, yet still a compliment from me brings a blush to her cheeks. How utterly adorable!

"Mmm, perhaps if you finish the song, he'll return? I admit a certain desire to hear the rest myself. Will you play?" the tone stayed conversational, right up until the last question. At that, his face loomed closer still, his breath hot on her skin, large golden eyes pulsing with a faint light for a moment. His voice dropped to a husky whisper, intimating something more behind the question, be it promise, threat, or something else entirely.

With her attention taken by his otherworldly stare, he flicked his wrist, one hand motioning under the bed, and a faint ripple passing through the room, as he returned the goatling to its native realm. Now, he had all the cards he needed...

Click me!

Thu May 14, 2009 12:10 am

Cael gulped again as creature moved in closer, her soft pink eyes locked fully onto the burning golden orbs before her. She couldn't help but tense once again at his proximity to her or how his hot breath flooded against her skin.

"I could...uh try." Cael responded meekly, her voice almost failing her, as his continued closeness to her caused her to begin trembling unconciously. Though she didn't move to get up, nearly frozen by the sheer intensity of his stare.

Thu May 14, 2009 12:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next