View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Study Break (for Markachi) 

Post Study Break (for Markachi)
Dammit, it's far too early in the semester for this type of work.

Despite her mental complaints, Susan knew that the real problem was that she'd taken on too much of this part of the assignment herself because neither of her partners had managed to get the class software running on their own computers yet. Now, she was stuck trying to get what should have been a simple animation loop to run without either stalling or jumping to the wrong frames. Given the course, she didn't think that her usual method of taking a break by playing some video games would help.

More likely, the perfectly working animation'd just make me more frustrated that mine won't work.

A night breeze blew across the room through the open window behind her, barely ruffling her long hair, tied as it was in the braid she usually kept it in. She was only wearing a white tank top and panties due to the same late summer heat that had caused her to open the window. Normally, she'd have considered this too much of an open invitation to any passing monsters, but it was just too hot and the air conditioning wasn't working properly. Again. Happens so often, I half think it's a deliberate attempt to get us to leave windows open. As it was she was relying on the window screen to keep out unwanted guests, or at least to warn her if one tried to enter.

Send me a pm if you want to set up an rp.

Character listing

Last edited by SusanQin on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:11 am

Post Re: Study Break (for Markachi)
Markachi was wandering around . his home was sweltering hot. he saw some clouds in the distance. '' thank God.'' as time wore on a much harder rain than expected came in . He could see light from an open window. He ran over to it and jumped up. peering through the screen, he saw a beautiful girl. He quietly removed the screen and crept in, hoping she didn't hear.

always up for any rp pm me! still open

Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:30 pm

"Okay, that should do it. I hope," Susan said to herself as she saved her latest attempt to get the code working before running it. This time, the figure crossed the screen as it was supposed to, but the animation looked... off, somehow. What the hell... Did I cycle the images in the wrong order? Or is this thing still not working right? She considered going back to the code again, but decided she was too tired to think straight right now. Leaving a memo to herself to check the code in the morning, she shut the computer down.

At least the storm's cooling things down some. I should probably close the window before I turn in. Don't want any uninvited guests disturbing my sleep. It wasn't until she turned to do so that she found it was already too late. "What are you doing here?" she snapped at the intruder.

Character listing

Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:58 am

markachi snapped his head to look at the girl. '' what would you do if you were outside in a rain like this?'' he snapped back . Trying to change the subject , he said '' that thing of yours on the computer. It's off ,would you like me to fix it, I'm a computer whiz.''

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:21 am

"No, thank you. I think I know what's wrong, and I can handle it tomorrow." While she didn't look the academic type, Susan was a pretty firm believer in doing her own work herself, even without the additional issues in this case.

"I'm certainly not turning everything back on for someone who broke in to look at." She clearly hadn't been distracted by his attempt to change the subject. "Look, I can understand wanting to get out of the storm, but that doesn't give you the right to come into someone else's room uninvited, especially through the window." I'll have to put the screen back in as well now. "So, could you please leave?" While phrased as a question, the last was clearly a command. After her experiences, she wasn't going to trust anyone or anything here who clearly wasn't a student. She turned to the door, intending to show him out after making sure the hall was clear. It'd be just my luck to get busted for sneaking a guy into my room when I'm trying to avoid trouble and be nice enough not to force him back out into the storm.

Character listing

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:52 pm

''broke in. that's funny. I didn't have to break in the screen pops off. You would have heard if I had to break in .'' he shook his head roughly to get the water out.it wasn't like him but he was mad at the girls false question .'' I don't think i'll leave it's bad out there,and i like to see you try to force me. Let's talk. Don't bother trying to lie I'll know.'' he sat in a chair and waited expectantly.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:15 pm

She was about halfway to the door when his reply brought her up short. Mostly, it was his attitude that he had every right to be here that got to her, although his attempt to claim he didn't break in didn't help matters any. Then again, at this place it might not be his fault he thinks he can come in here like this. Still...

"Look, I don't know who you think you are..." Realizing he was probably going to tell her that in response, she quickly cut him off, "...And I don't care, either. This is a private room. You can't just barge in here, no matter how easy it is to remove the screen." She took a couple of breaths to calm herself; while she did not like this intruder at all and suspected that he wasn't what he seemed to be, she didn't want to start a fight if she could avoid it. Besides, he hadn't yet done anything worse than display a complete lack of understanding of personal space, a rather minor offense compared to some. "I didn't plan to send you out into the storm. You could wait it out in the lounge," And if one of the prefects has a complaint about you there, that's her problem, not mine, "And you might even get lucky and run into a girl there who's actually interested in you."

She walked over to the door and put her hand on the knob. Turning back to him, she asked, "Now, are you going to leave peacefully, or are you going to make me force you? I should warn you, I'm not as helpless as I look." Her current state of relative undress showed off her muscle tone, making it clear that 'helpless' wasn't really an accurate word.

Character listing

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:45 am

''Ahhhh. I was waiting for this. You seemed the type.I'll have to fight you.I'm no black belt ,but I'm faster than you.'' he stood up 'cracked his neck andgave her a sharp toothed grin.

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Susan gave an exasperated sigh. Why couldn't anyone in this place other than the students have any consideration for other people? "Okay, have it your way. I tried to avoid this, but..."

She shifted to a karate stance and began to advance on him, circling in attempt to get on the other side of him from the door. While she no longer particularly cared whether he wound up back in the storm or not, it would be easier to push him out the door than to force him up and out the window.

Character listing

Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:03 pm

Markachi laughed . '' I know you aren't helpless,but neither am I.'' He tore off his shirt and deliberately flexed his muscles.'' bring it''

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:19 am

His response gave her some information about her chances against him. He's probably stronger than me. He might be right that he's faster. I'm pretty sure that I'm more skilled, though. If he had ability to back up his attitude, he wouldn't be letting me get into position so easily. I'll have to use that to my advantage. In the back of her mind, she was aware that he might be a disguised monster who was too powerful for her to defeat, but she had to try anyway.

Now, to see how difficult this'll be. As she got into position, she jabbed at his face. It was just a feint; she was looking for any openings he'd leave when he moved to protect himself.

Character listing

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:36 am

He smiled as he swatted her arm away. '' Oh come on,you can do better than that. I know it.'' with that he took a swift jab at her wrist, holding back, not wanting broken goods.

[sorry it took me so long]

Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:11 am

He needn't have worried about his strike breaking her wrist; while he was fast enough that she'd been unable to make a follow-up attack when he blocked her feint, he was trying to hit a small, very mobile target. She pulled her arm away from his strike and darted back out of his reach. Okay, he's definitely faster than me. Fortunately, he's also overconfident and unskilled. He could've grabbed my arm as easily as he knocked it aside, and he should've tried to hit an easier target than my wrist after blocking. I can win this.

She didn't waste any time or energy responding to his taunt. Instead, she moved in again, aiming a strike high at the left side of his chest. She expected him to counter it, but every way he was likely to do so would leave him open to the low strike to the gut she was ready to make as soon as he did so.

Character listing

Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:01 pm

He let her blow land ,not hurting him at all. He smiled. '' I may be overconfident, but not unskilled, '' he said,reading her thoughts. '' I could have hit you here,'' his hands moved in a blur and brushed each side of her face lightly.'' or here'' he passed his hand along the smooth, but hard landscape of her stomach.''Or many other places. I'm not mean enough to hurt a woman, especially one as beautiful and evidently bright as you are.Now do you want to talk with me or fight with me , I'm up for either.'' He gave her a questioning look.

[this is the most fun rp I've had :)]

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:02 pm

She mentally refigured her situation after his display. Okay, he's probably overconfident, but he's got the skill to back it up. Just brushing her with his strikes took more control than trying to land blows would. He's also not human. That punch should've had some effect. Plus, he seems to be another telepath. All of this added up to one inevitable conclusion. I'm in trouble if he's like the other monsters I've met. I probably can't outfight him, and the only escape route left is through the window. Admittedly, so far he wasn't acting like the other monsters aside from his refusal to leave, but she'd learned not to trust that to remain the case.

"What I want to do is get some sleep. I'm sure you can understand why I'm unwilling to do so with some strange man in my room." She didn't add any comments about his not being human or his disregard for boundaries, but she was unable to keep her irritation with him out of her voice.

Character listing

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next