View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 9:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Feel It... (For Elise) 

Post Feel It... (For Elise)
Deep breathes. Count out one, two, three… Kuria clapped her hands together and watched the small clouds of white powder explode into the air. It was her last routine and the most difficult, but she was confident. One last deep breath and she did her run up, launching her slim body into the air with relative ease. She twisted as her world spun around her and then it was just what she was doing.

Her mind went quiet as her hands touched the floor again and she pushed herself back into the air. Her feet landed next and she continued the momentum, pushing herself into a forward handspring. Her routine ended with a double somersault and she grinned as her long-ish hair tickled her face as she tumbled. Her landing was perfect and she punched the air.

“Looks like you’ve still got it.” she told herself quietly before heading off into the stands to retrieve her bag. Moments later, she walked out of the indoor gym, bag over her shoulder and her earphones in. Choosing a song, Radiohead as usual. Humming along, she sneaked off behind the gym for a quick smoke. A cigarette and a half later, she had stretched out in the sun, one earphone in and one out, singing softly.

“In pitch dark, I go walking in your landscape.” Her slender body was covered only by a small white vest and the regulation blue shorts. Dark hair clinging to her cheeks, she swiped the pink tip of her tongue over the ring in her bottom lip and took another drag of her cigarette.

“Broken branches, trip me as I speak.”

"Can someone please give me a fucking smoke. Where's my guitar?"

Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:30 pm

Four miles of cross country and El's lungs feel like they're about to burst. Worse, she's simply craving a cigarette. She breaks off from the pack, jogging their way back to the locker rooms for shower and change, slipping her back to the wall, desperate to catch a breath. Eyes slip closed, back slinking slowly down the length of the wall - eyes drift open, catch on salvation - smoke rings rising from the earth like SOS signals. There's a curve of a smile as she settles into a wide circle around Kuria, stretched out on the grass.

'til she's sitting cross-legged behind Kuria's head. And, lips near naked ear, she shocks the girl out of her musical reverie. "Thom Yorke, one sexy beast, yeah?" Lips curved up, her head tilted to the side. The middle and index finger on her right hand wiggle in front of the cigarette. "Don't figure you'd be willing to go halfsies, huh?" Time was, you'd never see El in her uniform, but here she is, same gym getup as the Irish girl. Casual clothes are a rare commodity, frequently ripped (and sometimes, El suspects, stolen) by the island's more colorful fauna.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:43 am

Kuria was dead to the world in every sense of the word. Eyes shut, volume up as far as it would go, an alien could have dropped out of the sky in front of her and she would not have known about it. Elise's voice brought her crashing back into reality, and she slim Irish girl twitched in fright, her green eyes flashing open as she let out an involuntary yelp.

"Woah!" She tilted her head back, the better to see who was there, and grinned at the dark-haired girl above her. She knew the name of the frontman of Radiohead. That was enough. "Actually, he's ugly as shit."

Green eyes sparkled with the magic that was rumoured to be the heart of the Emerald Isles. Maybe it was. It certainly seemed to be in Kuria as she chuckled softly, handing the cigarette over to the girl. "But his amazing voice makes him totally fuckable." A smoker too. Brownie points in Kuria's book. Enough that she would introduce herself too. She flipped her body over, lying on her stomach now, resting on her elbows.

"Kuria. Always happy to help out a fellow smoker in need."

Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:57 pm

She grins as the girl just about jumps out of her skin. Doesn't move much. She's got the same Cheshire grin. "You're just saying that 'cuz you're Irish and he's English, and you're prejudiced about that." She plucks the cigarette from the girl's fingers, filling her lungs with a lusty drag. One brow's up, inquisitive. "You are Irish, right?" Cigarette handed back, licking at lips. She's cross-legged, palms flat on the grass behind her - she leans backwards. "Either way, I'd hit it."

Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:25 pm

Lofting a brow, Kuria had to laugh. "So you would hit that would you? Nice to know." she added with a raunchy wink. The girl was fun to talk to, and Kuria didn't mind passing a cigarette or two around with her. She was pretty in her dark way, and Kuria spent a moment appreciating the view.

Her green eyes took in more than looks though. She could see the girl had been doing some serious exercise. Simply by the way her body was held. Kuria herself would have to do some serious stretching tonight in order not to wake up with stiff muscles in the morning. She had not done any gymnastics for months and today was her first time.

"Yeah I'm Irish, born and bred." The melodic lilt to her tone attested to that. "Where you from then?" she asked curiously, not wanting to guess since she was usually wrong. It was not one of her better talents.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:51 pm

If she's aware she's being looked at, she doesn't show it - organic, no makeup, hair tumbling back over her shoulder into her face, her piercings plucked out. She's stretched backwards, vest rising to reveal expanse of smooth stomach, rising and falling There's a sweet sheen of sweat over her skin, chest breathing quick and deep as she still tries to wind her heart rate back down. She breathes from the cigarette like it's an oxygen tank. "Georgia. deep fried Southern belle. You know. Bible-thumping, corn-pone redneck?" She turns the cigarette over in her hand, passing it back. "Couldn't tell just by looking, huh?" Eyes, settle up at the sky, slyly move to watch Kuria's reaction, now. Lips are pursed coyly, blue eyes what? challenging? threatening? teasing? Hard to tell, but they're sharp like a stiletto.

Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:32 pm

Taking the cigarette, Kuria was the direct opposite from Elise. Her piercing was in, and no power on earth would make her take it out. The teachers had just plain stopped trying. Kohl lined her eyes, dark blue, although it had faded somewhat after her gym session. Her lips had a light sheen to them, balm.

Taking a drag of the returned cigarette, she smiles at Elise's comment. "Hey can you blame me? These days you walk up to a Japanese person and say konichiwa, they look you straight in the eye, confused as ever and say bonjour. Then you feel like the biggest prat on the planet." Her tones were laced with amusement as she tossed her head, flicking a few dark strands of hair out of her laughing eyes.

"So I just plain ask. Don't want to feel like a dipstick if I don't have to." she explained easily, completely comfortable with herself and confident about it. Wreathed in smoke, she laughed. "And you sure don't look like no redneck I ever saw."

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:21 pm

"That's how we get you. I catch you off guard with my natural charm and girlish good looks, then once you're hooked it's all 'NASCAR this' and 'Hulk Hogan that'." Her eyes, like highl polished stones, brilliant in her un-made-up face. There's a wry twist to her lips. Her eyes flit down Kuria's body. "And maybe if your mind's telling you you're a prat, you should pay it some attention, yeah?" she teases, attention flicked back to the gym where the rest of the girls from class are filing in to shower and change. She'll play hookie for now. She doesn't really like showering in front of other girls, likes the way the coach watches them shower even less. Her lips are pressed together in a thoughtful moue, briefly vulnerable, before quickly snapping back to that smile. She snatched up the dangling silence. "Anyway, I think I've got a class with you...." Not that she'd really know. Attending classes at this school has really become a rather auxiliary concern.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:33 am

Kuria sat up gingerly, her earlier session coming back to her and making her wince slightly, the drag she took on the cigarette larger than it would have originally been. Exhaling, she eyed the smoke and offered it up to Elise. "There's like, two drags left if you want them. And yeah, listening to your mind is generally a good idea."

She seemed completely relaxed under Elise's brief study of her, as if nothing was odd about it. Truthfully, nothing was. Not to Kuria anyway. Her green eyes followed Elise's gaze to the girl's walking to class.

"We might have a class together..." she said thoughtfully and then laughed softly, the sound silken and melodic. "But then again, I am hardly ever in class and so, by the looks of things, are you." she quipped easily, eyes bright and amused.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:49 pm

She takes the cigarette, holding it at length while she rubs her sore abdomen. "Ugh... Christ. feels like my lungs are gonna explode." Followed by a nice, long drag of the cigarette, eyes sliding closed. Bliss. Yeah, that's satisfying. Cross-legged, she rocks on the grass, eyes slowly opening.

"Calculus. Yeah. I Remember you." Sucking the cigarette to the filter before stabbing it out into the dirt. "You can only get by with the truancy shit for so long. Fuckers are always watching us. Always. They're happy when we break their rules. They want to punish us." A frown. She pauses a second, then "I love your hair." because you have to break the awkward silence somehow.

Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]