View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Insights (for Havasa) 

Post Insights (for Havasa)
She brought the towel across her forehead then tossed it into the bin with the other towels it contained for washing. “That will do it for today. Jennifer, clean up.” She dismissed the Kendo club members though it wasn't often that she found herself pushed so hard.

Rebecca had not been sleeping well these past few nights. Her sleep was restless filled with thoughts of that spider though all it did was lead to various distractions. Heading into the locker room she stripped off all the pads and deposited her Kendo stick in what passed as an umbrella stand. Jennifer would collect it too along with the others as the other girls filtered into the dressing room.

She had showered along with the rest of the girls and even had been asked about advice for bettering one's performance. Sticking around for a bit as usual Rebecca addressed questions and comments. She had an early evening Literature class to get to though it was still more than an hour away. It was her only class on Mondays though and a few of the other girls with evening classes met before hand. Not that this was the only time that the club met during the week.

Since not everyone could make it the classes were impromptu meetings. When she was focused though not many of the students could offer a challenge, which was what made today unusual.

She checked her watch as she killed time watching one of the soccer events in the field seeing that she did not want to walk all the way back to her dorm though before long the practice session was being broken up.

Rebecca was left alone sitting on the bleachers. She cast a glance towards the jungle recounting the spider that she vowed to defeat. Oh, there were a few others since but she was making a list working her way from top to bottom and he was the first one on it. Technically she met Aegir first though he had not done anything to her, not directly, and she was thinking that his powers were just too great to overcome, at least for now.

Rebecca Walker, Captain of the Kendo Club
Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:47 pm

Post Re: Insights (for Havasa)
A girl, with pale hair that (in the right light) looked lavender, soon walked to one side of Rebecca, choosing the side she wasn't looking at. Now, while she looked a bit odd, Shokushu had its share of odd hair colors and otherwise? Human, in a normal uniform. (Let's ignore that she shifted into that form - though the clothing is actually real, because it was easier that way.) But she leaned over, and quietly spoke. A soft voice, but yet there was a bit of energy to it too. "Hey. What's keeping you all alone out here?"

Completely innocent, right?

Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:42 am

She wasn't so much lost in her thoughts with all her martial training so she realized that the girl was there. There was no threat of an attack or so she thought and she had been just about to look as her attention shifted from the jungle when she heard that voice.

Thus she did not jump upon hearing it though when she looked her eyes had widened a bit. Lavender hair, she had no remembered seeing her before though it was quite possible she had seen her around and forgot that she had. The widening of her eyes had been brief but noticeable, she was not expecting what she saw.

Rebecca was impressed, the student was good looking and all though she had her own rotten luck when it came to lovers. Makeena then Juniper and finally Lacey all vanished a short time after she had gotten involved with them. She knew some details of the darker aspect of the island such as the fact that there were monsters her and though she had no further understanding of things beyond that she felt as if they were responsible for these disappearances. How long would it be before they came for her? She had no answers though she put on a smile.

“Oh, nothing. Just thinking a little … my form in Kendo feels stagnant,” not much of a stretch as she was looking into tricks to thwart Siferus for when they next met. “I was just thinking about form and didn't want to go back to the dorm where I'm likely to just unwind when I have to go to class in an hour anyway.”

She like Literature though after expending all this energy if she went back it would be tough to kick herself in the ass to get going again. All in all it was just easier. “Have I seen you around before? Rebecca by the way,” she extended a hand to her latest associate.

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:36 pm

A hand extended back, slightly warm, and not a firm grab. "Oh, so you're the focused kind, and... time is a bit off. Hm-hm. Well either way, I'm Anna." She tousled her hair slightly, as if emphasizing it having been noticed, and... "I'm kinda new here, really, just got off the plane a few days ago. ...Kinda looking for friends here and there, and the sort of lonely sitting-there made me wonder, is all..." She sounded earnest enough, and even smiled gently.

"Should I go, or could I maybe talk over something or maybe even give advice on form? I mean uh... I don't take kendo, but I actually tried to do fencing back in highschool, but I never got out of the state-level competitions..." She did well at concealing her accent, but it sounded European enough to suggest she didn't mean a state in the US. ...Still, her English was impeccable or near-to. She went ahead and moved towards the bleachers, far enough to not look like she was gunning for intimacy, but still looking ready to sit.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Her English was pretty good as well though it wasn't her native tongue. She did nod at the mention of being focused. “Well most of the time. There is a rare moment when I goof off but usually I have my guard up. It's sort of automatic at this stage.”

She explained though she took that hand, soft and warm there had been nothing to indicate there was a hidden or supernatural strength to it not that Rebecca had been suspicious in the least. “And please stay, I was just doing some minor thinking to vary things up a little.”

But fencing was interesting. She was looking to widen her fighting techniques to get an edge. To go from one style to the next, to confuse an adversary was ideal though mixing Keno and Fencing wasn't too likely there were a few maneuvers alien to one that might have a surprising effect when used with the other. Of course it would take a lot of practice before she got some worthwhile technique to blend into things.

Useful for a surprise maneuver but good only once, maybe twice, and while learning it she would have to devote time to it. It was a toss up though something as basic as footwork or stance could be just enough of a change to confuse someone.

“I use to compete though being here sort of sets that to the side. I still practice though there aren't too many girls here that come close to my ability and at times it feels stale. Sometimes I can find a good work out though,” she watched as Ann moved about but had not sat yet.

“Perhaps you can show me a little Fencing. I'm sure you'll win hands down but if you wouldn't mind.”
She recalled Lacey and training with her. She was soundly beat given that they were using martial arts and while she had trained a little it was rudimentary in comparison.

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:24 pm

'Anna' nodded as Rebecca explained the various matters of stance, mixing things up, and a lack of competition. But near the end, she nodded and even smiled back at the girl. "Ahaaa. So basically, you want a fencing match, huh? I mean, it'd be certainly be interesting to try at least!" She said cheerily, uncrossing her legs (clearly having sat down at some point) idly. But after only a few seconds... "But! Well, if you wanted I could take you to a gym room that has the equipment, and we can see how you do with thrusting rather than what you're used to in kendo!"

It's a reference to fencing relying on thrusting swords, god. Get your head out of the gutter. (No she totally meant the double entendre I'm just fucking with you.)

Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:05 am

She looked to her and nodded. There was a cherry smile that had graced her lips and it was clear that she was looking forward to a change. Granted she hardly expected to have things occur so soon but she gave it some consideration. She had an hour or so, getting changed then changing again shortly after for class.

“I'd love too, though I have class in an hour. It's my only one for a bit though so if your free in about two hours?”
Of course she had not missed the notion of thrusting. She wasn't clear if she meant fencing though or using a bit of innuendo. Rebecca had a bad habit of projecting onto others at times and had to be careful about looking into things too much.

She didn't even know if she was a lesbian after all but that was a clue that she filed away. Enough clues and she could make that judgment when the situation came up and it was fairly likely she would be using that knowledge at some point in the near future.

“Can you met up at the gym in about two hours? No one should be there with classes but being Captain of the Kendo Club has a few perks so getting the equipment set aside shouldn't be too difficult.”
It was still early though the gym should be empty for a time, there were other clubs and courses but those had been in the early evening after lunch.

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:44 am

"Two hours?... I suppose I can wait that long~ Gives me some time to refresh what forms I'll show you." ...Possible double meaning there. But she smiled a little all the same, kicking her feet once or twice just to get out a bit of energy. "But I can wait with you until you have to do that class, if you want." As if antsy or maybe just full of cheer, 'Anna' started to hum something. It wasn't really any well-known song that might have come on the radio before they left for Shokushu... but it was a little catchy!

For now, catchy is what it'd remain as, though already, something about the song felt 'right'. Felt... comforting, even alluring.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:27 pm

Was there a double meaning there? Perhaps, and Rebecca smiled at that. “I don't mind the company,” she replied. It was a nice day, a little breezy and she was actually looking forward to the future though not to the point of dismissing the present. She still hadn't worked out her sexual orientation but still.

There was something familiar about that tune though she could not place it. At the same time she felt something strange, something comforting. Rather than asking straight away as to the origins of the tune she gave it a bit of thought as to what it was but couldn't come up with an answer.

“What is that piece? Do you have any interest in music? Outside of my martial skills I don't have much in practical application … interests yes, but not anything practical. Literature ...” She paused as if thinking for a moment. “Hentai … well I am from Japan.” As if the last part excused that confession.

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]