View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Not Quite Wonderland (for Severity) 

Post Re: Not Quite Wonderland (for Severity)
Her eyes widened, and she started to back away from the glass. At this point, she was just this side of jumping out the window, terrified out of her wits. "Please- whatever you are- go away!" she beseeched the otherwise empty room, as her nearly bare back hit the wall. "Just leae me alone!"

Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:42 pm

The reflection beat against the inner surface of the mirror frantically, then with a sudden widening of its eyes was dragged away from the mirror, yanked under the reflection of the bed. The surface of the mirror fogged, then cleared, her reflection appearing as normal now, backed against the far wall in exactly the same posture. The chiming noise was gone, and nothing appeared to be out of the ordinary now.

Now to see if she believes it happened at all.

While the girl watched the now normal mirror, Shard shifted to the bathroom again, quietly reaching through the reflection in the water to wring out the now clean uniform and hang it neatly from the shower pole with his tendrils, pulling the plug in the tub and vanishing back into the mirrorway. After a moment, he repaired the mirror, erasing any sign that any unnatural happenings had taken place. Now, to see what she made of this turn of events.

Drop me a PM if he interests you.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:10 pm

She stood there, panting, for a few seconds. A fine sheen of sweat coated her body. Finally, she straightened, and winced when her reflection moved with her. Everything seemed normal... Nervously, she turned towards the shut bathroom door.
There everything was, almost as if she had gone on with her day. "What just happened?" she asked the drying clothes, frowning a bit.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:24 pm

While she faced the carefully hung clothing, behind her the surface of the mirror rippled like a pool of water disturbed by a stone. Shard silently extended a single tendril into the real world, the appendage weaving like a snake through the air behind her. The soft chiming noise rang out again, echoing more loudly within the bathroom, almost like the tolling of a bell. The shattered fragments covering the tendril shifted against each other, clicking into place like puzzle pieces, turning the tentacle into smooth, solid glass.

" You're late, you're late, for a very important date. Ah ha ha ha!"

An eerie and inhuman whisper filled the room, emanating from the mirror, the laughter derisive and mocking, the tendril of reflective glass waving just in front of the girl now, casting images of her shocked face back at her with every undulation.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:42 pm

The chime...

She straightened, hearing the light ringing noise. It couldn't be... She bit her lip, reaching up to get the clothes.
A frown twisted her lips as she heard the whisper. The tendril crept into her field of vision, and she instinctively stepped backwards, towards the bathroom mirror. The clothes landed on the floor as she did so, but she didn't make any move to stop them.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:34 am

The tendril wavered for a moment, then lashed forward, wrapping around her waist tightly, lifting her off the tiled floor. The surface was cold and slick, raising goosebumps on her skin as she was slowly pulled toward the rippling mirror. A sudden surge of motion brought her flush against the reflective glass, her face and chest pressed into what felt like frigid clay, the surface slowly parting to drag her inside.

For one heart-stopping moment, it felt like she was drowning in mercury. No air, no light, any gasp or scream only met with a mouthful of thick, metallic tasting liquid. After a brief eternity, she was roughly jerked all the way through, tumbling to the floor of a room identical to her bathroom, everything exactly the same as before. The mirror sat still and unmoving again, no signs of the tendril that grabbed her, nor of anything that might have caused the abduction.

The chiming noise sounded again, now coming from the open door to what looked like her dorm room, though strangely, the door seemed to open in the opposite direction from before.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:45 am

She squirmed against its freezing grip, to no avail. As she was drawn closer to the shining glass, she began to scream. Then, suddenly, everything stopped, a cool darkness enveloping her. She struggled to breathe, helpless. Just as she felt she would pass out, she was drawn into the bathroom again. This time, she was suspicious- everything seemed normal, but that meant nothing. Before she went to investigate, she got her uniform and put it on, shaking a bit.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:22 am

It took her a moment to realize what was wrong with her uniform. The buttons were on the wrong side, giving her a bit of trouble in doing them up. Something snagged her eye in the tub as she put on the clothing, an earring with a small circular mirror dangling from it, laying on the rim. A small piece of silvered glass lay beside it, the words "Wear Me" etched into the surface, the tapered fragment pointing at the earring.

The chiming noise rang from the main room once more, followed by the sound of a door opening, and footsteps moving away into the hall.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:53 am

When she finally got her shirt buttoned, and her skirt on, she noticed the glinting. She read the shard and frowned. "Like hell I will," she muttered, placing the earring in her pocket, just in case. On her way out the door, she paused, hearing the chiming, and reconsidered. One hand rise to her earlobe and took out the small emerald stud that was in there, before sliding the hook easily through the minute hole.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:04 am

As the girl put on the strange earring, she felt a wave of warmth wash over her, dispelling a chill she had only begun to notice. Now that she had calmed somewhat, she noticed the faint mist her every breath created. The chime rang again, this time an answering chime ringing from the mirror hanging from her ear.

"If you hide in the bathroom, you'll never know how far the rabbit hole goes."

The whisper drifted through the room, coming from everywhere, and nowhere. The chiming echoed again, seeming to move outside the room, drifting down the hallway.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:15 am

She gulped, the chime seeming louder now, although that might be due to its proximity to her ear. Really, there was onlyone option for her. "Fine," she croaked, her voice oddly flat. "I'll go." Reluctantly, she opened the door to her room and stepped through.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:24 am

The hallway appeared to be normal, though the light seemed to have a faint blue tinge to it. It was just as cold in the hall, the windows slightly frosted at the edges, the sky and grounds outside gray and indistinct, as if blanketed in silver fog. As she turned to look down the hall, she caught fleeting glimpses of flickering shapes moving up and down the corridor. As she tried to get a better look at one, another student suddenly appeared right in front of her, the taller girl running into her at speed, then passing right through her as if she didn't exist at all. As the startled girl turned to look after the apparition, it vanished, as silently as it had appeared.

"They cannot see you, or hear you, my dear. What you see, are merely the reflections of those passing in the real world, the windows casting their images into the mirrorway."

The chiming rang again, echoing from the end of the hall, by the stairwell. She could just make out a glittering human shaped figure as the door closed, footsteps descending the stairs. No other sound reached her ears, save the sounds of her own breath. The earring on her ear chimed softly, swinging forward toward the door, gently urging her onward.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:05 pm

She glanced around, nervous, It was absolutely freezing! Her nipples began to grow erect, even through her thin white blouse and silky bra. She gasped as the girl ran through her- an odd sensation indeed. "What is going on?" she asked aloud, after the voice told her that nobody could see her. The only answer was a light tug on her earlobe. Nervously, she followed its direction.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:12 pm

The chiming grew fainter, echoing up the stairwell in front of her. The metal rail was icy to the touch, her breath leaving larger clouds of mist now than before. Leaning over the banister, she could make out the glittering figure again, what looked like a man made of crystal fragments. The crystal man opened the door on the first floor, and walked through, his hand on the knob making the same chiming noise she kept hearing. The earring in her ear tugged downward lightly, directing her to follow the strange creature.

"If you ever wish to see the light of day again, best to follow the white rabbit."

The whisper came to her once more, echoing through the stairs and ringing from the mirror on her ear.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 am

"The white... oh, you have got to be kidding me!" she grumbled. However, she followed the mirror-man anyway, straightening her hair a bit. She knew full well that she likely wouldn't get out of this unless she did what she was told- well, within reason, anywya.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next