View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What an interesting artifact (Savant Magadon) 

Post Re: What an interesting artifact (Savant Magadon)
"I'm afraid that's out of the question, Ms. Sakura."

Prof. Montclair smiled in her direction. A smile that reminded Yuki of a cat, well-fed and indolent, pleased at having the luck to find a helpless mouse.

"See, Ku'o here has come a very long way to meet with us. And while I cannot disappoint an old colleague-"

Get to the point, you long-haired twit.

He twisted sharply at the mask. "If you'll let me finish, you disembodied figment, maybe we'd be able to get somewhere, like, it's only a suggestion, finishing up the other end of the ritual?"

As Prof. Montclair drew another breath to begin anew, the insults, and possibly the explanation he was about to give voice to, came out as a rough wet cough that spewed ink-like substances all over the floor.

'Thine eyes unsleeping.'

(Interested Parties, PM. I don't bite. Mags has his ways...)

Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:06 pm

"Can you tell me what exactly is that thing?" she spoke rather loudly, not on purpose. She gulped lightly blushing embarrassed by her loud voice. Narrowing her eyebrows slightly her hand gripping the short shaft tightly, what kinda damage she could do with something like that was unknown for now...or even what it was for.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:16 pm
Profile YIM

Again, her disbelief was forcibly suspended when she felt the fires of that empty mask turn upon her. The voice she now heard was old, almost regal, and surprisingly smug.

Heh. Looks like authority and experience hath finally caught up with our young buck.

Montclair spit up a final wad before glaring murderously at both of them. He wiped his lips with his sleeve before straightening.

"To the point then, Ms. Sakura," Prof. Montclair rasped, his eyes gleaming dangerously. "Our friend Ku'o here came a distance so great, your mathematics couldn't even begin to calculate a multiple. He's quite tired, yet he's willing to aid us in our quest for knowledge for a small price."

'Thine eyes unsleeping.'

Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:12 pm

She shuddered a little at the sound of the voice chewing gently on her bottom lip she found herself staring at the strange piece, she then shook her head forcing herself to break the small trance "And what exactly is that if I may as Professor..." she spoke softly surprised by how weak her own voice sounded.

Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:31 pm
Profile YIM

"Your essence."

He said it with the forthright of an emperor, even as the gloom around her exploded in long silky strings of darkness, each strand snaking quickly towards her limbs, like feeding sea serpents.

'Thine eyes unsleeping.'

Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:38 am

She stared at him confused by his words repeating back his words softly "My essence......?" Before she had enough time to think she felt the strange bindings wrapping around her limbs. Letting out a loud gasp slightly pressing down automatically on a hidden button on the short shaft she had in her hand, the two ends shot out making the staff into about 6 feet in length "Wha..What the hell is this?!"

Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:51 pm
Profile YIM

Yes, your essence. Now stop struggling.

His voice echoed off the walls, reverberating within her skull. If she had an out-of-body experience, she would have thought that he sounded impatient. Frighteningly so.

But that wasn't what she was thinking now, was she?

'Thine eyes unsleeping.'

Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:44 pm

She gulped lightly growling softly she only struggled more shaking her head mumbling softly " Like hell I will..." Closing her eyes tightly she jerked her arm, striking out towards him with her staff, missing by merely inches from his face.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:01 am
Profile YIM

Briefly, Magadon's tendrils retreated, writhing away like struck eels and giving Yuki space to breath. His handsome face creased in a scowl at her brandished weapon.

Do you want an opinion, Ms. Sakura?

The walking stick he'd been known to carry everywhere he went materialized in a claw-like hand as his face twisted into s snarl.

That wasn't your best idea.

The silver walking stick began to morph in front of her eyes, ribbons of shadow curling around it like streamers, curving it into a wicked shape as he leaped forward, the darkness reeling from him like a pack of wolves making room for the alpha male.

The eyes of the mask glowed with an even harsher light, as if anticipating the violence to come.
(Sorry, had my exams.)

'Thine eyes unsleeping.'

Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:09 am

Yuki's eyes widen a little, she had not even needed to look at the weapon, just the strange fierce look on his face made her body tremble and betray itself. Her hands shook releasing her weapon, finally snapping out of her fear induced tremor by the sound of it clattering to the ground, her eyes lower swallowing hard.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:50 pm
Profile YIM

His scowl deepened the split second her fingers twitched to relinquish their hold on the weapon. Disappointment tinged the air around them, centering around Magadon while an exultant glee seemed to animate Ku'o's mask.

When he'd been alive, at least in the Nal sense of the word, Ku'o'thek, a rising Maestro, had been renowned for his ability to hone in on the true feelings of any being. Such was his prowess that he was soon regarded as indispensable to to all with an agenda, laying bare the emotional secrets with with the Voidwalkers feed upon and utilize.

Also such was his worth that as one, the Nal'senshi exiled Magadon when they could no longer feel Ku'o's presence in their shared mental Commune.

The Savant felt the tug of the Maestro's profane probe sliding deep into the innermost recesses of his mind, revealing what he, and all, Nal'senshi should never feel; An unwholesome want for battle.

Soon to be replaced by a chilling sadism that had awoken within Magadon upon his arrival.

Disappointing, Ms. Sakura. The tendrils that formed a cage around them began to close in once more, phasing past her warding hands like smoke, only to tighten like velvet bonds. And to think I believed in you...

'Thine eyes unsleeping.'

Last edited by swordsman_adrift on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:38 am

His scowl deepened the split second her fingers twitched to relinquish their hold on the weapon. Disappointment tinged the air around them, centering around Magadon while an exultant glee seemed to animate Ku'o's mask.

When he'd been alive, at least in the Nal sense of the word, Ku'o'thek, a rising Maestro, had been renowned for his ability to hone in on the true feelings of any being. Such was his prowess that he was soon regarded as indispensable to to all with an agenda, laying bare the emotional secrets with with the Voidwalkers feed upon and utilize.

Also such was his worth that as one, the Nal'senshi exiled Magadon when they could no longer feel Ku'o's presence in their shared mental Commune.

The Savant felt the tug of the Maestro's profane probe sliding deep into the innermost recesses of his mind, revealing what he, and all, Nal'senshi should never feel; An unwholesome want for battle.

Soon to be replaced by a chilling sadism that had awoken within Magadon upon arrival.

Disappointing, Ms. Sakura. The tendrils that formed a cage around them began to close in once more, phasing past her warding hands like smoke, only to tighten like velvet bonds. And to think I believed in you...

'Thine eyes unsleeping.'

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:39 am

She shook her head suddenly forcing herself to react, slamming one foot down she stepped on the edge of one end of her staff, the other end shot up striking at him, landing a hit on his jaw, not sure how hard it was but it was the best she could do for the time being. Yuki's body was still rigid with fear plus the bindings that were suddenly wrapped around her arms, her hands shook a bit but still held her weapon tightly "Believed in what...you're the one attacking me Sensei " she mumbled softly attempting to make her voice sound strong...however that was a failed attempt, her voice trembled and cracked as she let it out.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:23 am
Profile YIM

He reeled from the unexpected blow, hopping back a pace or so as a pale hand reached to clutch the hurt area.

Had he been human, the blow would have dislocated his jaw and laid him insensate with pain.

Unfortunately, he was not.

Though he did spit out more of that inky goop he'd been coughing out earlier.

When Prof. Montclair regained his posture, his back once once more straight and his composure cool.

Ice cold. Enough to keep an ice cream warehouse well-chilled. Plus to leave a feeling of dread slinking up and down her spine as the golden eyes bore into hers with a renewed fury.

"A good blow. For a human."

The air was suddenly charged, and Montclair for all his mortal shell, looked more like some dark jungle cat, readied to spring with bared teeth and claw.

You've done it now, girl...

'Thine eyes unsleeping.'

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:14 am

She gulped lightly, forcing her body to stay steady, at least she tried anyway. Her hands still shook a bit. Yuki then spoke loudly as her trembling voice would allow "You expect me to just sit back and allow you to attack me? " By the end of her sentence her voice had faltered a bit. Her eyes slowly glanced to the mask piece something in his echoing voice made her body shake again. Narrowing her eyes she glanced back to the professor who took more of the shape of a beast then man by every passing second.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:42 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next