View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Into the Abyss (For Hastur, The King In Yellow) 

Post Into the Abyss (For Hastur, The King In Yellow)
"HOW BORING!" Christina thought to herself. The campus had nothing to do for her. The young woman had no interest in sports, there was strangely no self defense classes or extra curricular activity, and she wasn't going to go swimming on a rainy day like today. So she was here in the library looking up something that had peaked her interest. After finding out about the "creatures" on shokushu she decided to see if there was something that could be done about them. She didn't dare tell a soul of her encounter however. People would just laugh it off to an overactive imagination, something she did actually have but this was no daydream.

Something attacked her on the beaches a few weeks back, and again in this very same library. But it only seemed to happen when no one was around so she adjusted her bra beneath the school uniform, Damn, things always get in the way she thought, fixing her rather large chest to sit comfortably in its confines, and began looking through the books again for something in particular. There was something sinister about the first monster that attacked her, someting... not quite right. So she looked and looked and finally settled upon the book she had been looking for "The Whisperer in the Darkness" By H.P. Lovecraft. If Monsters were real she surmised, then perhaps these so called fictional stories held some gem of truth!

"I found myself faced by names and terms that I had heard elsewhere in the most hideous of connections — Yuggoth, Great Cthulhu, Tsathoggua, Yog-Sothoth, R'lyeh, Nyarlathotep, Azathoth, Hastur, Yian, Leng, the Lake of Hali, Bethmoora, the Yellow Sign, L’mur-Kathulos, Bran, and the Magnum Innominandum — and was drawn back through nameless aeons and inconceivable dimensions to worlds of elder, outer entity at which the crazed author of the Necronomicon had only guessed in the vaguest way.... There is a whole secret cult of evil men (a man of your mystical erudition will understand me when I link them with Hastur and the Yellow Sign) devoted to the purpose of tracking them down and injuring them on behalf of the monstrous powers from other dimensions."

These names, there was something fimiliar about them. Like they would fit here... She continued to puruse the shelves in search of more information.

Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:30 pm

Post Re: Into the Abyss (For Hastur, The King In Yellow)
"Is there something I can help you with?"

The man's ID tag identified him as the librarian. He smiled softly and warmly at her in a way that seemed to put her at ease. He had pale flesh, a hallmark of someone that remained indoors often, perhaps to peruse the tomes of knowledge here. His dark hair was short and neatly kept, his eyes were bright and green, and his form was tall and slender, in a word, he was quite handsome.

He looked over her book and laughed softly.

"Interested in the mythos? I can recommend a book or two...maybe even something with a grain of truth?"

He laughed again in an off-hand manner as though he just made a joke.

Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:06 pm
Profile YIM

Christina jumped, a little startled at the mans appearance so suddenly. She smield at him and then her eyes opened with an almost fire like intensity when he mentioned their might be something that holds a nugget of truth among it. The sexy sun haired student intently stood up and looked up at the man.

"If there is something that holds a bit of truth It would be positive to get ahold of it if that is at all possible." she said, using her strange form of terminology. Perhaps she was on to something here.

Christina was so caught up with the librarian, she didn't even notice the other students begin to leave the library as the hour drew late. The twilight of this island bathing the library in an ancient and almost sinister shade of orange and purple.

Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:01 am

He smirked and nodded.

"Mmm, it's not for the faint of heart."

He checked the shelves and there seemed to be something there that wasn't there before. It was a thick, tightly bound white book, plain-looking and unmarked.

"It's called The Pnakotic Manuscripts. Do you know what this is?"

Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:17 am
Profile YIM

Christina shook her head, the name of the book being alien to her she wanted to see more.

She reached for it unconsiously curious as to the contents inside.

"No, I can't say I have heard of it. What lies within?"

Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:05 pm

He smirked.

"It's the writings and accounts of The Great Race of Yith on different things, their wars with the Elder Things, the Star-Spawn of Cthulhu, and the Flying Polyps. It details their technology, rituals of the other races to their gods, and many other things."

He grinned slowly.

"Believe me, anything Lovecraftian you would ever want to know is in here."

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:52 pm
Profile YIM

Christina's eyes stayed glowing, she was most intrigued. The thought that this could be true, be real. Magic, demons, dark gods, she could use the knowledge she gained to figure out not only what happened to her friend, but also to protect herself against the denizens of this place.

Her voice was stuttered, soft, musical, she was calm, barely. She spoke as if she said it too loud the book would shatter like so much glass.

"I...Is that book... able to be taken out?"

Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:20 am

He laughed softly.

"Well no...but I'll make an exception just this once. Maybe you can gleam something important here. I know you girls need as much protection as you can get here, maybe you'll learn something valuable."

He winked and smiled, moving to the next aisle to reshelve books.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:39 am
Profile YIM

His reply struck a cord with her. She stood there in shock as he gave her the book. No one before had ever mentioned the monsters, the staff denied her claims and said it was from the stress of moving here so far away from home, yeah like that would cause that kind of hallucination.

"On... Second thought..." She said out loud so he could hear her. "I think I might actually not read this... " She fanned the pages taking a fast note of the archaic writing and diabolical symbols held therein.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:48 pm

He poked his head back around, looking at her.

"Are you sure? Well, that's up to you."

He returned to the aisle, but strangly, not another sound was heard from him.

Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:24 am
Profile YIM

Christina closed the book standing and turned to return the book and didn't see him.

"Hello?" she called, not hearing him she moved to enter the shelves.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:53 pm

There was no one there. It was weird, he had just been there, but there was no one there now. Infact, there was no one else in the library. However, where he would be standing was a small black book with yellow print on the front. "The King in Yellow". Just beneath the title was a strange yellow rune...

Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:59 pm
Profile YIM

Christina Looked around, not seeing him but the book did indeed catch the graceful Beauty's eye and she did kneel to look at the book.

Slowly, and cautiously she ran her fingers along the cover, and then slowly opened the book....

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:17 am

The book was a manuscript of a play of the same name. The beginning outlined the characters in Act One. It seemed nothing out of the ordinary, but for some reason, the symbol on the front was captivating and alluring. It's curves and strange bends almost suggesting something sensual about it.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:04 am
Profile YIM

Finding nothing overly unusual about the book Christina closed it and once again that strange glowing rune caught her eyes. Her innocent gaze fell again upon the rune as it pulsed, giving her a strange feeling of slight arousal. The most adverse affect that she could think of but she couldn't take her eyes off it. The girl sat back against the bookshelves, fixing her school uniform's skirt so that it didn't leave her rear end showing and gently ran her fingers along the rune.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]