View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Marionette Theater presents.... [Severity] 

Post Marionette Theater presents.... [Severity]
In the High school building...

Lies the auditorium...

And in this auditorium...

A strange rumor has sprung up...

Of a little girl ghost...

Who comes out when the sun goes down...

They say she was the victim of a murder. Some say a suicide. Some say shes the victim of an accident, and was buried in the concrete to avoid responsibilities. Mysterious sobbing can be heard back stage when the darkness is at its fullest, and few have dared to enter the area. Of those few, they say that the girl often sits on an ornate wooden trunk, and sometimes she seems to be rummaging through it as if looking for something she lost, but come morning, the trunk is closed and locked, and all attempts to open it have met little success.

for weeks this rumor has circulated, of the ghost girl and the trunk that refuses to open. Some think there may be a link between those two, and the contents of the trunk may hold the key to solving the mystery of this ghost, and ultimately lay her to rest.

All that is needed is one brave soul....

Take your pick:
Monster / Bunny Alien

Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:21 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Marionette Theater presents.... [Severity]
"Oh god... I left my bookbag backstage!"

Severity sighed, glancing over at her friend. They were just leaving a late-running practice for the drama club, and her friend Miranda had to get to tutoring.

"Idiot... Look, I'll just run back and get it," Severity told her, knowing that she needed the extra practice in math.

"Great! Thank you! Thank you sososo much!" Miranda hugged her violently, squishing her diminutive frame to her chest. "It probably was chucked in teh prop trunk with the rest of the stuff... You know where that is, right?"

As a matter of fact, Severity didn't. However, there was a large trunk just backstage, so she jumped to her own conclusions. "Yeah- I'll bring it to you at the tutorial, alright?"

Miranda nodded cheerily. "Alright! See you around!" She dashed off, leaving Severity alone in the hallway.

A superior smile on her lips, she turned and headed back towards teh stage. That girl could be so scatterbrained... She glanced out the window at the rapidly setting sun. By the time she got to the backstage, it would probabl;y be dark out, she reckoned.

Sure enough, only one uncovered bulb lit the backstage area, but she could see the trunk well enough. It was pretty, she had to admit... Her hands flew to teh lock, trying to undo the latch.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:26 pm

Delicate fingers tried to pry open the ornate chest, but the latch with no visible keyhole remained adamant in keeping the contents of the trunk to itself. A minute turned to five, then five turned to ten, the seconds drained away as the girl tried to open the lock with increasing futility. The latch seemed to be a sort of puzzle, when a part was moved this way, another moved and kept the latch closed, and solving this made yet another mechanism fall into place, and so on and so forth, an endless riddle of steel laid out in front of the unwary student, never knowing that the trunk will not open unless it wants to.

Little did she know that she was being watched by the ever playful spirit that resided within. Its presence was not needed yet, it was enjoying the girls attempts to open what does not want to be opened, the fact that her hands danced over a thing of such lethality that if she were to know the truth... It would be too late.

Enjoyable as the scene was, it seemed that the star of the show was tiring, which meant that it was time for the second part to commence, and there would be much screaming in this part... if not... then the ghost will make sure there will be. As the clock ticked by and the girl neared surrender, the apparition of a small girl began to materialize out of sight behind the student, like dust gathering, taking form and color with nary a sound, the air unmoving as the ghost took on visibility, forming the image of a small girl with brown hair dress in a yukata of some sort. The last ethereal specks flew in spirals and swirls before falling into place on her being, completing her small form with the girl still failing to notice her presence... until she began to speak.

"Hullo miss... are you looking for something??"

Take your pick:
Monster / Bunny Alien

Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:02 pm
Profile YIM

The voice breaking her out of the sort of daze startled her, and she slammed her hands on the trunk to turn around. She had been at that a while, and relized how out of it she had become. "Oh. Um. Sorry," she said, realizing how paranoid she must seem. "I'm just trying to get my friend's backpack for her... Are you, like,a teacher's kid or something?" she asked suddenly.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:14 pm

(could you give me a bit more to work with next post? her thoughts, emotions, a few details, im not asking for a novel, but a little bit more can go a long way =3 )

THe gitl in the yukata merely smiled at her, evil thoughts brewing behind her innocent facade as she looked at the student. "You're silly.." she answered in response to her question, what parent would let their child run around at such a time, and dressed in what looks like an expensive looking piece of period attire. The ghost turned and moved towards a nearby chair, her footfalls inaudible as she walked towards it before facing the ditsy girl waving to the her as if beckoning her to come close. "I think I saw a lost bag somewhere in this place, let me go look for it... have a seat while I go look, ne?".

With that, she took off into the darker area of the backstage, running with dead silence as she turned a corner and out of the students view, where she dissipated into ethereal dust again. The ghost girl returned to the trunk, unseen and unheard, taking shelter within her wooden body and silently watching the student, ready to spring if ever the chance presents itself.

Take your pick:
Monster / Bunny Alien

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:05 pm
Profile YIM

((Sorry. ^^' I am doing too much and am constantly tired, therefore more likely to settle for less.))

She watched the girl walk off, a bit nervous despite herself. Alright... so maybe Miranda left it somewhere out of the way. That was her job done, thank goodness... "It's orange with all sorts of signatures on!" she called after the girl, before sitting down on the chair, shifting to try and get a bit more comfortable.

Casually, she brushed some hair out of her face. She still sort of wondered who the girl was- she wasn't any of the teachers' kids, and she certainly didn't seem old enough to be a student. She'd have to ask, Severity resolved, a slight smile on her face.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:39 pm

The unseen apparition looked at the girl, sitting there, so peaceful looking....

not for long...

from the gap where lid met trunk, miniscule threads began to flow out, invisible in the poorly lit storage space, with only a few lengths snaking their way towards the girl, silently wrapping around on of her ankles, careful not to press tightly so as not to alert her of their presence. The others streamed towards various parts of the stage, to dress racks, light switches, Halloween props, even to a nearby fake skeleton the was merely hanging from its rack, twining around its plastic bones, weaving themselves into the fabrics of the clothes. This took but a minute or two, setting the stage for a delightful little scene of terror and torment.

The lights suddenly flicker, once, twice, thrice, then a pause. A numbing silence follows before suddenly the rattle of the racks rumbles forth, steel clinking on steel as clothes work themselves loose of their hangers. The lights begin to flicker on and off with greater intensity, the plastic and rubber Halloween props begin to fly out of the bin, and the skeleton nearby begins to rattle in its holder.

Take your pick:
Monster / Bunny Alien

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:26 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]