View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Moonlight Waltz (Fornicarus) 

Post Moonlight Waltz (Fornicarus)
It was a full moon that night and abeautiful duet between a piano and violin resonated the school halls. The melody was haunting, reminding the listener of a wind blowing wistfully in the evening; of two lovers who could never meet again. It reminded the heart of the graeful death of a swan as it flies...flies far away into the night, never to be seen again by human eyes as it slowly starts to descend, down, down, down...and finally colapses in a heap on the cold, unfeeling ground.

Of course, what was really playing was a CD player set on high on the stage at the Shokushu building, but what was being done in accompaniment to the music was not fake and just as beautiful as the melody that rang throughout the large theatre.

Freya Williams was a dancer extraordinaire, a woman dedicated to her love of classical ballet as well as a few other performing arts. She stood en pointe as she carefully moved along with the song, trying to make every motion deliberate, slow to the point of agony and filled with the grace of a swan on its last flight. She was doing her own choreography for this piece, a self-made dance for an in-school comeptition based on the Dying Swan--only ten times as tragic looking and in sound. While many would be familair with the song and dance, this...this would be her own masterpiece and she happily thanked her sister for helping her to choose the song for the competition. Lyrics weren't allowed and anything too modern was also prohibited from the competition. And because Freya refused to use the same songs others might use, she ahd goen to her sister for some aid.

And here she was now.

It was no easy feat as she seemed to float across the stage, the lights off and with no witnesses to see what she was up to this late at night. The tall windows of the auditorium allowed moonlight to stream in, allowing the ballerina to see where she was going and what she was doing, illuminating her silvery hair nearly the same color as the moon itself. She wore a practice dress with a bellskirt made of nearly tranparent, shimmering white tule fabric. She truly looked the part of a swan.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:40 am

Post Re: Moonlight Waltz (Fornicarus)
Fornicarus, in the form of a long serpent, had spent much of his day moving around the school buildings, discovering new things about the island, along with seeing many, many more females for the taking. He had left several females in hidden spots, sexually exhausted to the point of unconsciousness before coming here to the auditorium. The reason for this being that he had heard some sort of song playing, even this late at night.

And where there are songs, there are also people. More prey for the ancient being to have his way with, and that was all the reason he needed. The small serpent entered the auditorium, taking care to not alert anyone to his presence.

Fornicarus noticed, with all the lights off and only the moonlight coming in, a young female that seemed to be practicing for a ritual or some kind of event, for what exactly, he didn't care. All he cared about was the fact that he had found his next prey. He then abandoned his form and became immaterial like the air itself, flowing across the empty auditorium toward the dancing girl.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:02 am

Her hair would shimmer in the moonlight when she moved and her skin seemed to glow. She was a daughter of night, this one--a girl born to love the solidtude of winter. The dress she wore was snow white and the slippers she wore were worn, but well-cared enough to keep them a stark shade of white. Everything about the girl spoke volumes about the well-brought up snowy flower that she--at least, the semblance of what she was. After all, Persephone didn't call her older sister a 'sham' for nothing. That elegant guise she wore, was also to lure unsuspecting prey of her own and not unlike those that Fornicarus sought after.

Midway in the middle of a sway of her arms, she froze. The music continued to play, but the silver haired woman herself, froze on the spot and odd expression on her face. The student stood like that for a moment; like a living statue of an angel, in a way. Then, slowly, bit, by bit, she lowered her arms from the position they were in the air and stood properly. Her sky blue eyes glanced around very languidly, as if she had all the timme in the world, her stare almost as icy as the Siberian tundra.

She then exhaled a sigh.

"It's impolite to stare. Especially without an introduction. Please kindly show yourself," she said in a monotone.

Now, Freya wasn't exactly psychic, but she did have her own sort of sixth sense--something that could tell when danger was nearby or when she was being watch. A sort of habit she developed from being the elder sister of a danger magnet. It allowed her to know when something was fishy, although she would't know what it was exactly until it was either close to or was too late for ehr to do anything about it.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:32 am

"Well, that's a first for me, getting discovered in my immaterial form." An amused voice, full of underlying laughter, rang out from the middle of the auditorium. "But as you wish, 'my lady', I shall show myself." Reforming his true body, the physical form of Fornicarus became more and more visible and solid, crushing the seats under his heavy weight. The monster towered over the female, nearly as huge as the room, his ridged tail moving around as his body shifted now and then.

Crossing both his lower and upper arms against his chest, Fornicarus grinned at Freya, amused by her ability to realize something was wrong before he had managed to attack her. "I suppose you wouldn't fall for any stories like me being a guardian spirit or something? And I'm going out on a limb and assuming compliments and flattery won't get me anywhere either?"

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:46 am

The laughter should have disturbed Freya somewhat, but she was akin to a mountain; unmoving and unwavering in her stance. The young woman stared ahead, only the moonlight telling her exactly what she was seeing wasn't a figment of her imagination. She didn't bat an eye at the laughter of the imcorporeal being--even as he came into being once again, breaking several theatre seats in the process. All the reaction he would get was an irritated sigh as slim arms crossed over an ample, soft chest, mirroring Fornicarus' own position.

A fine brow was raised when the demon mentioned ploys involving him being a guardian or spirit or tactics using flattery and compliments. He was right, of course. She wouldn't fall for such base tricks--not for being on Shokushu as long as she had. Not for bring alive as long as she had; the other girls may be fools, but she was no fool and would also suffer no foolishness she didn't sanction herself.

"A foolish fool who belives such foolishly foolish drivel deserves to be called a fool amongst fools," she replied simply. "However, it would be impolite of me not to inquire who you are first as well as introducing myself." Bringing her hands in, she brought them out as she executed a lovely, low curtsey. It was so low, that even a knee length skirt managed to touch the stage. And with what seemed like no effort at all, she was back up again in one fluid motion.

"My name is Freya Williams."

Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:04 am

Fornicarus chuckled, somewhat surprised about the way this female was handling all this, and amused by the fact that he wasn't expecting this scenario at all. Surprises were what he craved the most.

"You may call me Forneus. If you know your myths, then you might remember me as one of the great demons summoned by King Solomon." Fornicarus bowed before Freya, grinning at the absurdity of the situation, even as his serpentine body shifted once again, breaking more chairs as he drew closer to the stage.

"Now, tell me, out of all the students at this academy I've... gotten to know to... so far, you happen to be the only one who is dealing with this situation in such a rational and composed manner?"

Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:14 am

"Oh, Solomon...Perhaps. My sister would be more well versed with your mythology, though her specialty lies with Greek mythology," Freya said, not at all curious about this fact at all. She was a woman of intellect and had her own sources to pull from, a pool of knowledge that she possessed as anyone else did. However, it was ather limited to certain topics and, as she said, Persephone would ahve known more, considering who she was named after. "Her name is Persephone and I'd appreciate it, if you wouldn't touch her, Sir Forneus." Ah, that blunt way of speaking of hers. To the point, as always.

As Fornicarus came closer, Freya began doing light stretches for her legs, absolutely at calm and ease with what was going on, her exterior betraying nothing to his eyes. But Freya was as human as anyone else and her heart beated a mile a minute as she planned and schemed to get out of this place in one piece and unscathed, if she could manage. She was limber, quicker than she looked and was more than capable of adapting to any situation by now.

"Well, many say I have ice instead of blood in my veins," she answered, standing erect again, hands daintilly folded in front of her. The song stopped playing on the CD player. "And I can only come alive when I dance...much in the way a doll is wound up so that it may move. I suppose...music is the key to stoke my fires." The young woman shook her head. Ah, idle chat. It was somewhat hard for her without making too many biting comments or mentioning things people didn't want to hear about.

"My mother should have named me Skadi, after the Norse goddess of Winter, I'm afraid. A name like Freya is incompatible with my personality."

Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:35 am

His thick serpentine lower body moved around, pushing aside the debris as Fornicarus stopped in front of the stage, staring down at the dancer. He was somewhat stumped, as not only was this female speaking to him normally, she was also warming up as well. Something people just didn't do when faced with him. Though, he remained silent, allowing her to speak, even as he kept staring at her.

Realization dawned upon him that this female probably had plenty of experience with monsters and was merely stalling for time while she planned her attempt to flee unscathed. Knowing this would be the most likely thing Freya was trying to do, Fornicarus decided to tear that plan apart.

"... Small chat aside, I'm sure you are aware that I didn't come here looking for a little friend to talk to, this isn't a tea party. You don't appear to be an idiot, so I will assume that you are aware that I am one of these 'monsters' that populate the island. Now... I'm sure you understand the concept of extortion, no?"

Fornicarus grinned at Freya, wondering what she would say to get out of this. "If you wish for me to leave your sister, this Persephone, untouched then what do you offer for her safety?"

Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:52 am

Freya simply stared back blankly, not at all threatened by what he had revealed to her.

But then, a smile bloomed on her otherwise gloomy face. It brightened up, although the sincerity was obviously not there at all, but that fake smile would have been surprisingly convincing for someone who wasn't used to lying as Forneus probably was.

"Offer?" she asked. "You say this as if you think my sister is some frail little maiden, ready to be plucked from her mother's arms and spirited away into the very arms of the underworld." The young woman dropped all pretenses here as well. If Forneus wasn't going to play their game of pretend anymore, then neither would she. After all, it was rude and it wouldn't do to offend her 'guest' here, considering she was a lady. Looking up right at Fornicarus' face, she gave him a narrowed, challenging stare.

"I'll politely tell you that Persephone isn't to be touched by the likes of you."

And if that, she started to sprint away surprisingly fast.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:02 am

Fornicarus chuckled, amused at how quickly diplomacy fell apart so quickly, not that it could be considered as true diplomacy anyway. "Then after I am done with you, I shall have to deal with your sister next!" The monster roared after the fleeing female.

Surging forward, the creature moved toward where Freya had ran for, chasing down the foolish female. "You cannot hide!"

Becoming immaterial quickly, Fornicarus became one with the air again and flowed after Freya rapidly, catching up with her quickly. "I am everywhere...." The wind seem to whisper, "There is nowhere you can go..."

Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:42 am

Freay had not bothered deigning anything at Forneus had said to her, choosing to flee as quckly as she could. While not an athlete herself, the rigorous daily training she had gone through since childhood had given her the same fit physique of a runner. She was also light and naturally quick, so she ran as far as she could. The back of the theatre was like one large maze and she had put into account the demon's ability to become immaterial. The young woman had hoped he would tire of her or, at least, got herself to a safe spot.

She stopped a moment to take a quick breather, though she didn't look the least bit out of breath. Here was the infamous Williams stamina shining through in the elder sister, a stamina that was heartier than the younger sister's by far.

She smirked, oddly enough finding the chase rather exhilerating. It had been a while since she was able to feel the thrill of the chase--even if she was the one being chased.

"Like some phantom chasing after his living bride, I presume?" she said aloud to the air, mockingly before starting to run yet again.

Persephone Williams

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Annoyed at the fact that she continued to elude him when she should have been in his gasp by now, the immaterial demon split up himself, flowing through the air in various directions, hoping to corner his prey. "No, perhaps more like a ghost chasing after another ghost, the way you seem to be able to stay ahead of me. That won't last forever, I'll get you in the end."

Having no need to stop and restore his energy and having complete visibility, seeing everything around him with no blind spots, in this form, Fornicarus spread himself out quickly, covering various areas and eliminating likely hiding spots, drastically crippling Freya's options. This maze would not last long against the extremely invasive 'ghost'.

"It won't matter where you run, you'll eventually be found. It won't matter where you hide, I'll search every inch for you. And once you're in my grasp," the voices spoke in unison across the back stage, "you will be the sorriest bitch in Shokushu, if not the sorest."

(Yes, I was watching V for Vendetta. :lol: )

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:14 pm

It was pretty useless to just keep running like this, but come Hell or high water, she wasn't going down on anyone else's terms. And despite him being all around her, she wasn't as afraid as most would have been in this situation. She continued going around backstage until she arrived in the props room--easily the largest room located in the theatre besides the theatre proper itself.

Freya slowed her steps to a walk here, her icy eyes looking at the hanging backdrops. Cafes, dungeons, palaces, throne rooms, bathrooms; there were all sorts of sceneries hanging about and even full room sets as well. She came across the Louis-Philippe room set and scenery from the Phantom of the Opera production a few years back. She touched the swan bed's edge gently, before continuing onward, intent on not getting caught just yet.

Persephone Williams

Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:32 pm

As Freya moved past the bed as to continue on her escape, a sphere of blinding yellow energy flashed past, hitting the room set, causing a large explosion that sent broken props and ruined pieces of the set flying. From where the sphere had come, Fornicarus turned and stared at Freya, giving her a grin before becoming immaterial again.

Beyond that, the many backdrops used by the students were forcibly trashed, as another Fornicarus swung two of his right arms around, clearing the path for him before disappearing, becoming invisible again. Yet another one broke through the wall on the other side of the prop room, the third Fornicarus laughed and disappeared into his immaterial form.

"To quote another demon, Freya... My name is Legion, for I am many." Cold, cruel laughter filled the prop room, as multiple Fornicarus closed in on the female, the one directly in front of her the closest to her. "Caught like a rat in a maze, heh."

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:03 pm

Freya was frozen on the spot, surprise clearly on her face, but only for the smallest of moments. Her expression went back to its normal humorless one as she slowly looked around herself. Ah, trapped indeed. And very litte moving or dodging room--not to mention escape space. Ah, what to do...what to do.

"I suppose I am," she said, in a rather uninterested manner. Proud right to the end, as they say. Her eyes roamed the props room, trying to quickly discern of a way to make her escape, but found nothing, but a heater nearby and several broken scenery and props. Hmm...

Persephone Williams

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next