View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Lose yourself in a book (For Lexi) 

Post Lose yourself in a book (For Lexi)
What do we have here? Ishtar had spent the better of hour exploring the huge Shokushu library see what all it had to offer. Having been to library a couple of times, Ishtar wanted to spend more time getting to know the place.

She had just gotten through with her afternoon class and had the rest of the afternoon to herself. She thought she was done when had finished exploring the fifth floor when she found a room that didn't appear to be there the first time she looked on this floor.

She looked into this room, she saw tomes that were all hundred years old. Most to look they were written in mysterious lettering and at first made no sense what so ever. As she thought it, a smile appeared on her face. Though she understood very little of the tomes around her, it was obvious these were books on the occult and magic.

She stepped into the room, that a second to push back a stray strand of blue hair. She looked at the amazement at the various tombs, they had to be hundreds of years old at the very least. But it was one over on the far wall that grabbed her attention.

Over sitting on a shelf to itself was a large hard leather bound tome on display. It had a runic hexagon pattern carved into its center of the book, with gold rivets at the corners of the hexagon. In the hexagon a single eye lies closed as if had been sleep for ages. The edges of the book had ancient metal protectors to protect from wear and tear. Still that protection did not seem enough as a single scar ran from center of the cover down to the hexagon. Ishtar slowly waked towards the ancient compendium.

I love to RP!! Please PM me, if you are interested!

Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:52 pm

Post Re: Lose yourself in a book (For Lexi)
The Summoners Grimoire sat alone upon on the shelf, carefully placed and save for the scar that ran down towards to slumbering eye the book was remarkably well cared for. Closer inspection would quickly reveal the dark stains of long since dried blood clinging to the edges of the pages upon the book, splattered in pattern making it further obvious that this book had seen violence in its past. A key-less lock held the thick tome shut with little to no sign of how one might actually manage to open it. All of the other books inside of this room were free of dust and whomever the caretaker was certainly had acquired quite the collection of unique and old books. The once hidden room was somewhat small, tucked away in the corner and had been far away from the usual higher areas of student traffic. A single lantern hung from the middle of the room, high up on the ceiling lightly swaying out of reach as it bathed the room in a surprising pleasant light. There was no carpet upon the floor, only hardwood panels freshly coated in a light finish as they dully reflected the light. A single reading desk sat off to the side with a comfortable, well worn leather chair sitting pushed in behind it. Atop the desk was a candle, halfway used with a small box of matches sitting beside. This did not seem like a room students were often found.

Being a book she didn't truly require sleep but that did not stop her from conserving her strength by dismissing her doll and resting within the small sanctuary she had found and renovated for her own uses. Not all of these books were hers, many of them she had found inside of this room while others had scattered and hidden through out the Library. Lexi had not noticed the curious young students entrance quite yet having been deep within a meditative focus as she read and devoured the knowledge contained within one of the books held within her private chambers. She hadn't believed that the outward defenses around the door would have weakened once she withdrew her conscious mind from the world around her and revealing the room. The room was still new to her and she hadn't been given the chance to ensure proper and permanent protections had been put into place. However, that was not to say she or the other books within the room had been left defenseless. Quite the contrary, something HAD noticed the inquisitive blue haired girls arrival. The being which had seen her was one of Lexi's bound servants, a man by the name of Valtus. Or at least he had once been a man, much more these days a demonic spirit than anything else. No matter what had happened to him or what changes had over taken him, Valtus was ever still a powerful Magus and as such had been currently entrusted with this rooms safe guarding. He did not bother revealing himself, content to just watch for the moment and see if this girl was going to be trouble. He would certainly not allow a single book to be damaged nor leave this room under his watch, though perhaps if his Mistress did not notice this girl he would be permitted to entertain himself with her.

The door behind the young girl would quietly and slowly swing closed as she stepped across the room and moved towards Lexi's true self. Once the door had latched itself shut, Valtus simply chanted out a small incantation and caused the room to hide itself once more and seal itself shut. Still unable to be seen, Valtus' gaze shifted over to the cursed tome which enslaved his will to it, making sure she had not stirred or come out from her studies. He knew he was walking a dangerous line and that Lexi would not care for the subtle distinctions in her orders if he had tried follow them to the letter only. He and the other two whom shared his fate had tried that course multiple times and each time they learned the error to be held in such things. Lexi as she had come to call herself was not a kind or compassionate Mistress no matter how much she might pretend to be around those humans she now consorted with.

Last edited by Lexi on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:05 pm

Ishtar did not notice the door close behind her entrapping her in the room. Certainly there was no lack of light as the lattern in the center of room gave out plenty of light as it swayed slightly. She moved over closer to tome of interest, trying to avoid making too much noise as she moved across the newly finished wooden floor.

As she got a closer look at the book, Ishtar noticed that the pages of the tome had dark stains on as if it was.....blood. Ishtar coiled back at thought that this compendium had been a silent witness to some sort of violent act...maybe even a sacrifice. It was disturbing of such things, still it only served to stoke her curiosity.

As she looked over the book she saw it had a lock. It was a very unusually lock as it didn't have a keyhole in it....or a combination lock. In fact there didn't look like had any way to open it; at least not any conventional way. Judging on the ruins on the hexagon, this is probably a magical tome. In fact this lock is probably magical.

Ishtar sighed. This probably wouldn't be a problem for a full on magic-user of some sort, but for Ishtar it was a big problem. She only new illusionary magic and that wasn't going to get her into the tome. Of course if it is locked, it means somebody didn't want people to open it. Now what its doing here in the Library is anybody guess. It was a conundrum wrapped in a mystery.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:57 pm

Valtus was relieved to see the girl had not foolishly touched or taken up the Summoners Grimoire as such an action would be the surest way to rouse his Mistress. He doubted she would have been pleased to see he had allowed the student to have gained access to the room, but to have allowed that student lift her and disrupt her studies. Such would have likely earned both this girl and he a great measure more trouble than he was prepared to attempt explaining and even less looking forward to having to answer for. Manifesting in front of the door as if having just arrived to the room, the demonic wizard cleared his throat loudly. A tattered black robe covered his body, trimmed in sewn golden runes that have long since faded even if some of their luster still shined through. With his hood drawn, the girl would only be able to make out a few of his features and would allow him to pass as the human he had once been leaving the rest of him hidden behind the veil of darkness. Valtus had been the oldest of the three that had been cursed by that tome for their actions and greed. He had also been the one who's idea it had been to steal the book to use its great power for their own and remake the world in their own image. The things he had done to obtain that book, the things he had done with it these actions had caused him to suffer the most and fall the farthest of all her servants. He hadn't really wanted to reveal himself this early on but he dare not risk allowing the young student awaken her.

"What is it you think you are doing in here child?!" The room's guardian hissed with a sneer, malice and hostility dripping clearly in ever word. "This area is restricted...how is..." Valtus paused as his baleful green eyes became slivers as regarded the woman before him. Different than he had been and now better able to inspect Ishtar he could see her spirit and the arcane magics that coursed lightly through her veins. "Ahhhh...I see now. You are no stranger to the subjects contained within this room and were drawn here even if unaware." The hooded figure stood only a few inches higher than the student, but something about him made them feel like feet as he stood unmoving in front of the door. Folding his arms across his chest, his gloved hand drummed absently on the crook of his elbow. He hadn't bothered introducing himself nor was he going to bother asking for the intruders name at the moment. Instead he would see how she reacted to this latest turn of events.

What Valtus had failed to notice or sense was that Lexi had withdrawn from her studies, awoke by the student whom had drawn ever so close to her. Given the relationship between her and him, she was also well aware that he had no idea she had stirred and was now watching them both with a great deal of interest. This moment it seemed would provide the perfect chance to test her minions loyalty, allowing him to believe he had a freedom that was not often afforded. Would he seek to make a foolish pact with this young witch and attempt to gain dominance over her? Or would he fulfil the role entrusted to him and carry out her wishes. Lexi knew her servant was no fool and most likely before he made any real moves he try to learn what this curious yet interesting young woman was capable of. That at least would save her the effort of learning this girls secrets.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:02 pm

Ishtar jumped a bit, as she was startled by the voice behind her. She quickly spun around and saw she was no longer in the room. A man that felt like he larger than life had entered the room. She could make little detail other than he seem to were a black tattered robe, that had hints of gold trim in it. Judging by his body language, he was none too please that she had entered what obviously his private study area.

Ishtar stared at him like a deer caught in the headlights. His hissing voice immediately snapped her back to reality. He was clearly not happy to find an intruder in his room. She immediately stiffened up. As she did so, she could here his tone light just a bit as he recognized something with in her. Still this was her opportunity to make a small amends. She bowed deeply in front of the mysterious robed figure.

I am terribly sorry, sir. I didn't know this was your private study and I walked in here by accident. That tome caught my interest over there and I was curious. I did not mean to intrude.

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:43 am

Ishtar jumped a bit, as she was startled by the voice behind her. She quickly spun around and saw she was no longer in the room. A man that felt like he larger than life had entered the room. She could make little detail other than he seem to were a black tattered robe, that had hints of gold trim in it. Judging by his body language, he was none too please that she had entered what obviously his private study area.

Ishtar stared at him like a deer caught in the headlights. His hissing voice immediately snapped her back to reality. He was clearly not happy to find an intruder in his room. She immediately stiffened up. As she did so, she could here his tone light just a bit as he recognized something with in her. Still this was her opportunity to make a small amends. She bowed deeply in front of the mysterious robed figure.

I am terribly sorry, sir. I didn't know this was your private study and I walked in here by accident. That tome caught my interest over there and I was curious. I did not mean to intrude.

Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:44 am

Well, this was a surprise. Here Valtus had thought all those whom lived in this age were unaware of even the slightest measure of etiquette as he watched the girl bow before him and apologize deeply for her intrusion. His green eyes were almost toxic as they remained dangerously narrowed at the young girl, her admittance of being curious and interested in his Mistress brought with it many questions. The girl had at least earned with her little display of proper manners a chance to further explain herself. "Accidentally or not does little to change the fact that you should have turned and left the minute you walked into this room neither does it excuse snooping in someones private study. We shall talk about the proper potential recourse for your lack of sound judgement in a moment." Unfolding his arms from across his chest Valtus moved across the small room, pulling the chair out from behind the desk and took a seat. The leather creaked and shifted as he made himself comfortable, playing to role that he was this room's Master. The hood ever darkened his features, making only the rough outlines of a human face visible. If this young witch was drawn to his Mistress then perhaps she was more skilled than he had first thought and he could have a use for her. He would have to be extremely careful about such a thing as his Mistress missed very little and even a hint of betrayal would be all it took for her to act. As much as he hated her and loathed her very existence he was not so arrogant as he had been in the past to believe he could overpower the books hold and free himself. He had no one to blame but himself for this situation. Had all those years ago he just left Morgana alone, not coveted her or her knowledge things could have been different.

"You should be thankful I arrived when I did and you had not disturbed anything girl." As he continued to speak it was made clear there was a natural course hiss to his voice. "Have a seat." Raising his gloved hand in front of his face he gave a quick chant and a simple wooden chair appeared in front of the desk with a *POP*. While his Mistress did not need to use rituals, components or even so much a gestures or words for any of her magic, Valtus could not say the same. He had secretly hope to learn the secret of how she had made such magic possible but had never gotten remotely close to understanding. Valtus would wait for the girl to sit down before continuing his talk with her and he was hardly worried about her trying to flee in a moments panic as the room had been sealed off once more. There would be no interruptions from other curious students that happened upon the door either. As he had seen to the door disappearing once again before he had even announced his presence to this potential sorceress or witch.

Another failing of Valtus' was that he failed to understand his intuitive Mistress and her ability to sense emotions naturally. Lexi could feel the apprehension, hatred and curiosity of his all swirling about him. She didn't even need to draw upon that connection she and all her servants and minions shared and look inside of his mind to understand what he was thinking. Lexi knew him far better than many and as she had thought he would do, he wanted to learn about this girl first and likely did not want her to know about it. She would wait to see what his plans were for afterward and if he had meant to abuse the small freedom she had given him.

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Ishtar felt a little better that when she saw his arms unfolded. Still the tone of his voice still had a fair amount of anger in it. Though the hood hid his most of the features, she could tell he still was happy with his intruder.

I did not realize that this was a private study at, I had just thought it was part of library. I guess I just was too focused on that tome.

Ishtar was amazed as the robed man effortly made a gesture and a quick chant, creating a wooden chair in front of the desk. She wanted to ask how he had done that, but decided that it wasn't quite the time to ask such a question. She quietly checked to see if the chair was illusion before sitting down in it. I didn't mean to disturb anything, I was trying to be careful, sir.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:28 am

While little more than rough features could be seen outlined underneath that dark hood the strange wizard wore, his piercing green eyes seemed to emit an eerie light as he stared hard at the student sitting before him. He didn't blame her for being a bit nervous in his presence and had the hood not been shielding him he had little doubt the girl would have already long since attempted to force the door open. "Again, girl, you did not disrupt anything...luckily for you. There are many dangerous things to those whom are caught unaware or unknowing of the craft. That aside, you have a good eye it seems. That tome is easily the most valuable of all that resides within this room, perhaps even on the Island and even more deadly." His tone had changed little though his words seemed at least civil for the time being. Leaning forward and putting his elbows on the desk, the nameless man puts his hands together letting his fingers drum against one another as he continues to gauge the rather attractive blue haired woman. Her reaction to his trans-location of the chair had confirmed that it wasn't just potential that he had sensed inside of her. This girl knew magic. What exactly she knew was hard to say, her magical abilities seemed diminished somehow or perhaps she just wasn't very good at them. Neither would help him in trying to free himself from his Mistress, but perhaps he could build upon that potential she had and help her grow. That would be nearly impossible to do without being given leave to take an apprentice by his Mistress and unless this girl displeased her in some way Valtus doubted he would be able to make his visits to this girl a regular thing. Valtus knew nothing of the inhibitors that were scattered about the Island that kept students easy prey from their monstrous assailants so he didn't realize nearly all of his efforts in that would have been in vain. It was a problem to be worked on later depending on what he was about to learn.

"Tell me about yourself girl. I'd prefer you start with your name and continue from there. I am especially interested in knowing what drew you to that book and what abilities or knowledge of the Arcane you possess." From underneath the hood and behind his hands the wizards shadowy lips formed into a smile. The demonic portion of his spirit was already growing tired of speaking and wanted to get onto the more pleasurable and enjoyable aspects of catching an intruder in his Mistresses lair. Spells of different sorts danced at the tip of his tongue, just waiting for him to form the words and in act his Mistresses will. Such things were the only thing that made his servitude bearable as he was able to take out all of his anger, hatred and frustration out upon the poor student. He restrained himself gritting his teeth as a light growl escaped between them. Part of his mind screamed at him not seeing why he waited, he could get all the answers he wanted and more once he revealed himself truly and restrained her. One thing was certain, he might have ignored his primal urges and desires for the time but should her answers not be as he wanted, he would not be ignoring them for much longer.

Still sitting on the shelf, Lexi could feel the dark lusts well up inside of her servant. She could see his eyes watching the girl like a hawk, every so often drifting downwards towards her blouse as he looked her up and down. Things were certainly going to get interesting.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Ishtar felt a little uncomfortable as the mysterious robed figure eyes seem to glow as he staired at her. She assumed that was an aftereffect of him summoning the chair. As he warned her of the dangers of magic, she reflected back on her near brush with death by magic. It was that faithful day in her occult club at her old school when something happened off campus. She was horribly injured in the incident and to this day she still couldn't remember what happened. In fact her memory was still shot, forcing her to rely on her notebook to remember day-to-day tasks.

His next question brought Ishtar back to reality. His gloved fingers tapped against each other impatiently, showing he was not one who tolerated waiting for answers. I am Ishtar Rocha. I walked by this area eariler and I didn't notice the door right away. However the second time I walked by I noticed the door. I was a bit curious so I looked inside. It was then I noticed the book, the way it stood out on the shelf made it stand out.

As for me, I know a little magic. I was in an occult club at my old high school, but my studies was interrupted...by an injury. I only know how to create illusions although they can appear to be quite realistic in certain situations.
As she finished her statement, she heard a light growl escape his lips. It made her very nervous as she didn't expect such a noise to come from him.

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:38 am

Valtus sat in silence as the young girl finished speaking, his pulsing green eyes slowly fading back under the shadows of the hood. Debating with himself what the next proper course should be, he knew he was working against the clock as it would only be a matter of time before his Mistress returned. Finally he spoke, "An Illusionist...Hrmm. Injured you say? I hope it was nothing serious Miss Rocha." With one more drum of his fingers against each other, he let one hand drop onto the desk while putting the other to his chin in a moments thought. "Would you be willing to demonstrate your magic for me? I would be most interested in seeing what sort of illusion you can conjure before we have to get back to the unfortunate matter of this school's rules and regulations." If Valtus couldn't use the girl's magic to free himself then he would use the girls body to please his demonic urges. At a certain point things would not even matter once he cast off his robe and showed the girl the monster hidden beneath his skin but until that time he was going to play up the role of the room's Master as well as that of a member of the school staff.

Ishtar was right to have been nervous as Lexi could feel the rage filled desires boiling inside of her servant, tearing at him and trying to escape so that his dark monstrous lusts and wants could find themselves satiated. Those feelings had only gotten more pronounced after she had spoken to him of where her magical ability and knowledge had been at. As she had suspected and his angry disappointment revealed, he had wanted to try and use the girl to his own ends and seek his freedom. The fact that he was waiting to see her magic at work also meant that he hadn't given up just yet and wanted to further test this young woman's potential. Was Valtus just growing desperate from the years of tortured servitude and torment that she had already put him through or was his interest in her something Lexi should take a further look into? Valtus had been and still was an extremely dangerous wizard, any who might have earned his eye should not be so easily discounted. Perhaps she would let her servant play with the girl for awhile, letting his treachery unfold a bit more while she would sit back and draw upon those wonderful emotions that the two of them would produce. Lexi hadn't begun feeding upon either of them just yet as to ensure her servant remained unaware. Lexi hadn't decided yet exactly what she would do and like her servant was waiting to see what Ishtar brought to the table.

Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:53 pm

Ishtar looked a little sad at the mention of her injury. In truth, it took her along while to recover from whatever happened to her. Still, she did not need to concern the robed figure about the past right now.

I have long since recovered from my physical injury so its not really a concern. But I can demonstrate my magic. Ishtar stood up and took a second to think about what kinda of illusion to cast. Ishtar began to make hand gestures as she says a few incoherent words. After a moment, she created an illusion of a human sized dragon. She had it roar and breath a bit of fire from its nose.

Ishtar's knees buckled a bit as she felt some of her energy flow out of her. It always took alot to cast a spell even as simple a this, but for some reason it was alot tougher. Of course, she couldn't let up. She had to concentrate on the dragon as she had it march around the room.

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:29 am

Valtus could tell even if the physical injury had long since healed the event itself still pained her to talk about from the look of sadness that etched across her features. He truly didn't care how or what she felt about what had happened to her, the only thing that was of concern to him was how it would affect her abilities and her usefulness. Glad she chose not to go into great detail about the events leading up to and after her mishap, Valtus leaned back in his chair as she offered to demonstrate her magic. The magic was similar enough to what he knew as even the passage of time had changed little about how the Mystic art was utilized, the gestures and words indicated to him that her spell was purely visual. The illusionary dragon was well crafted and well maintained as the girl set it about the room if not a bit small for that sort of creature. Valtus could tell the draining toll even that spell was taking upon her and while she had potential and perhaps with proper training she could have become a valuable, if not enjoyable servant...he just did not have the time nor given word that he would be allowed such from his Mistress. Sneering at his own thoughts he knew he would have to keep looking, but that wasn't going to give this girl a free pass. Not with the trouble she had already caused him.

He waited a bit, letting her manipulate the dragon around the room weakening herself even more before speaking, "Well done, though you still have a long way to go in the Arts. Once you have finished, retake your seat. It is time for us to discuss your punishment for entering into a restricted area unbidden." His words held a dark edge to them as he spoke, his cruelty and venom nearly hissing out at the utterance of every syllable. In addition to everything else, of the three wizards bound to Lexi's will, Valtus was also the most malicious of them. His hatred for his Mistress and inability to deny her anything that she wished or disobey even the simplest of her commands had twisted the wizard. She had stolen from him everything, except his unspoken despise and utter loathing. Quite normally he was used to torture those whom had displeased her in some form or fashion, but here and now there was no such orders given from his Mistress. He had a different plan for this blue haired beauty, one that he was not often afforded and one that he was going to make damn sure he enjoyed every single moment of.

Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:56 pm

Ishtar allowed the dragon illusion to fade away, as she quit focusing on the illusion. She could feel herself drained by the spell and she knew she would not be able to cast again anytime soon. She made her way back to the chair. She could hear the anger in his words and knew he was still mad at her for barging in earlier to the room.

Ishtar sat down in the chair. I am sorry, sir. I didn't know and I'll never let it happen again. She hoped he would go easy on her as she felt it was just an honest mistake on her part.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:57 am

From underneath the darkened hood the enslaved evil wizard smiled with sinister glee at the girls words and his own thoughts that came with them. She wasn't nearly sorry enough, but she soon would be. Pushing out from behind the desk and rising from his chair, Valtus looked downwards at Ishtar his eyes watching her every move least he miss her try to deceive him with one of her illusions. He didn't know she wouldn't be able to draw upon her magic again even if he had seen how much effort and energy it had taken from her with that first one and wasn't about to take any chances. Not bothering to move from around behind the desk Valtus finally speaks, "I am sure that you are quite sorry Miss Rocha but rules are rules." Less was he referring to the school's rules and more was he speaking of the rules his Mistress had placed for protecting this room. "And these rules state that the punishment should fit the crime." His dark voice continued ominously as his green eyes slowly began glow from underneath his hood once more, the baleful green light emitting from them.

Slowly the man begins to pull of his gloves, before dropping them onto desk not once taking his eyes off from the young woman sitting before him. Raising his hand, waving as if to placate the girls worry and fears at what was next to come the mans fingers seem to split apart as all five unleash thin deep red tendrils that lash out quickly towards the young seated woman. The fast moving cords quickly begin to coil and wrap themselves around her, trapping her within them as they easily lift her up from the chair and off the ground by her waist. The other four cords wrap themselves around her arms leading down to her wrists and her legs all the way down to her ankles. A deep echoing cruel laugh comes from underneath the hood, "Since you wanted to enter somewhere unwelcome, I think I'll do the same..." Grabbing hold of his robe with his free hand Valtus tears it free from him and letting the girl see the once human demonic monster that was held beneath. Valtus' skin seemed to have an ashen and red hue covering it, as different arcane runes and branding scars covered his body while things pushed and crawled underneath his skin, pushing out against it as if the human was nothing more than a covering for the creature. The truth was far less simple as it was much more of a blending of the two than anything else. The transformation that his Mistress had cursed him with had once devastated him, tearing at his very psyche and leaving him with a howling rage. Anymore he had begun to relish his monstrous side, enjoying the power it had given him.

Aside from the demonic appearance having taken hold of the wizard as a human he could have been considered attractive at a point. He was an older man, easily within his mid 40's but really well more into his late 200's. Unlike how many wizards might have been portrayed in books and other such mediums, Valtus kept his silvery hair short and well maintained along with his beard. Obviously the wizard had been working on more than just his studies, his lean muscular form standing naked before the girl now that he had torn his black robe free. The same evil smile etched upon his face, letting the girl see his pearly white teeth and how all of them had long since become sharply pointed. His eyes flare into a brilliant emerald filled with nothing but malicious intent. Whatever humanity there had been was long since ripped free and leaving only a truly dark monster in its place.

Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next