View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Progress (for Ishtar) 

Post Progress (for Ishtar)
Music flooded his ears, a particular vulnerability that he had that had often left him entranced had stormed over his eardrums as he swayed this way and that. His concentration barely enough to maintain his illusion as he found himself back stage as Ishtar sang to her hearts content.

While he had come here to check upon her progress of her play nearly 2 weeks after encountering her he had found that coming here had been the wrong move to make. He had lacked the concentration to delve into her mind as those vibrations rushed over him, a foot tapping against the floor, his illusionary form being the blond student that he had transfigured himself into before her eyes when they last met.

Other students seemed as busy as ants back stage working all the pulleys to move this descriptive prop into place or work upon the lighting leaving Aegir to wonder if they had been putting on a play or musical of some sort as he had been lead to believe with the intelligence relayed by his node.

He had little time to worry about that though as it was taking considerable effort on his part just to maintain his illusion.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:25 pm

Post Re: Progress (for Ishtar)
Ishtar could not be happier. Somehow, someway she had gotten a major role in Aida. Playing the female pharaoh had been a huge break, as she set most of the leads's actions on stage. Not to mention she got to sing the opening and closing song.

Ishtar swayed just a little as she sang, "Every Story is a Love Story". She was suppose to be a statue of the Amneris, but the swaying was meant to show the statue was embued with the spirit of the ancient pharoah. The gold egyptian dress covered her completly, but yet fit so tightly to her body as to reveal most of her curves. Somehow the costumer had managed to fit her long blue hair into the pharaohs's gold double crown, completing the image of a gold statue.

I love to RP!! Please PM me, if you are interested!

Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:31 am

Reaching out with his mind had nearly been impossible as he stood backstage virtually entrance by the enchanting melodies that brushed against him, over him. Had he laid eyes upon her he would have definitely enjoyed what his eyes feasted upon though they hadn't.

His telepathic ability had been hazy with all this music and while he had been familiar with the play he had been blind as to what was going on out there as distraction upon distraction washed over him.

He surmised that she had gotten the lead, or close enough to it given that he had not seen her back stage yet. Her distinctive blue hair had a way of standing out. His eyes tried to remain focused taking in all that they had seen.

Character Listing

Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:44 am

Ishtar reach the high point her song as the lead couple (dressed as reincarnations of their ancient Egyptian counterparts) find each other and walk towards each other. Ishtar smiled as her song came to a close and the light faded on stage, marking the end of the performance.

Ishtar was happy as she felt she had hit her marks. The dress rehersal was a great success, everybody had done a great job from the costumes to the lightning. The play would open tomorrow, and she make sure they knocked their socks off.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:58 am

With the song drawing to a close he got his wits about him. No longer finding it difficult to keep up his illusions his mind had reached out as it normally did. He detected about two dozen individuals present. Some working the lights, others dealing with set dressings and the actors and actresses themselves.

A stream of thoughts entered into his mind as he effortlessly filtered those thoughts out given his compound mind. The thoughts had been the useless ramblings that he had been use to, getting things ready for tomorrow, making sure everything had been right and far more interesting were the thoughts of one of the students on lights in stealing her nerves and making her move on another student tonight. "Accidentally" spilling dinner on her, helping to get the sauce off of her blouse and then ...

Aegir found that his attention had been out there on the stage. He could feel Ishtar's mind out there, so close yet so far away. His plan had been simple. Wait here and meet with Ishtar backstage. She had been the one that he had been here for after all.

Character Listing

Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:58 pm

The director smiled as she told everyone what a great performance they had put in but they would have to redouble their efforts for tomorrow's premier. Ishtar was sure that the play was going to be a great success as everyone should twice as good when they are performance for actual audience.

With that the director told them to clean up and get a good night's sleep. Ishtar complimented her fellow cast members and the stage hands for a job well done. As the group dispersed to do their clean up, Ishtar walked backstage to head to the dressing room.

Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:01 am

Waiting backstage in the very same illusionary form that he had left her in he laid eyes on Ishtar as she made her way backstage. He had moved a stray strand of blond hair behind an ear as he had applauded the sound had been made echoing out as he had been the only one applauding at the time.

"Well done, well done I might say."

Aegir had said over the noise, his eyes wondering down here form in her current attire as he took stock of her golden costume.

Character Listing

Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Ishtar smiled as she saw the blonde hair student applauding her. The student somehow looked familiar, but she couldn't place where. Her amensia-wracked brain simply refused to release any information about the student. But that wasn't going to prevent her from being friendly.

Thank you. Thank you. Really the cast and the stage hands really made it easy for me to perform.

As Ishtar notice that the student was admiring her costume, she began to model it for the student. Isn't this costume amazing. I feel like the real pharoah of Egypt!

Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:48 am

He could sense her hazy memory so that she did not entirely remember him. The information had been locked away in her mind somewhere though it had been in there somewhere. He could stimulate her memory but not here with so many beings around. Though he had been confident that he could handle them why bother when he didn't have to expend himself.

Eyes training on the gold costume as it had been modeled before his eyes, Aegir took his fill of the material. "It's gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous!"

"I'm sure that the others were fabulous as well. I just got here for the last act so I missed most of there performance though I look forward to seeing it in it's entirely tomorrow. Your Ishtar right? The blue hair gave it away. Is there somewhere we can go? I came here to talk to you, I'm here to represent the Dean's list."

Character Listing

Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:45 pm

I am glad you agree. I think the costumer did an excellent job.

Ishtar was embarassed that some of her hair had gotten free of her crown, as the huge crown was meant to hide her blue hair an make it appear that she was a gold statue. She would have to work harder in keeping her hair from sneaking out while she performing.

However that would have to wait. Wow, the dean's list really. I didn't think I would make it so soon. I guess we can go to my dressing room if you want us to talk privately about it.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:01 am

Her hair had still been bound beneath her crown as Aegir had made a little mistake. He had recognized her and figured that her hair color would make her distinguishing amongst the other students for few had possessed that trait.

Still, Ishtar hadn't seemed to fret much about this only thinking that a few strands of her hair had fallen loose of her crown.

Aegir had smiled at her, before extending a hand towards her. "How callous of me. I'm Rebecca, Rebecca Meyers. And yes, you have captured our attention so soon. Your dressing room would do well for conversing about matters."

He had waited for her to lead the way though he could read the directions clearly in her mind with his own.

Character Listing

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Ishtar smiled and took the extended handshake. She bowed a bit to be more formal, It is a pleasure to meet you, Rebecca. Please follow me then.

Ishtar led Rebecca through a maze of sets and equipment as they made there way back to Ishtar's dressing room. Here we are. While I'm not the lead, scoring a major role does have its benefits. I am one of the few to have my own dressing room. It's a little snug, when I am having help putting on the costume, but it should be roomy enough to discuss the dean's list.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:17 pm

Eyes pooled about the room taking in the desk accompanied by it's mirror that had been probably used for applying all kinds of make up. There had even been a couch here and another room off from this one where he thought customs may have been kept in a walk in closet.

After closing the door behind him Aegir closed the door behind him as if to shut out any noise caused by the stage hands. He turned to face her, smiling again as he did so.

"Yes, as you know I am Rebecca. I volunteer in the dean's office and recently had your name cross my desk. It appears that you may have the honor of being on the dean's list this term."

Character Listing

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:32 pm

Wow, I am surprised that I've done so well so early. I am mean I do try very hard at my classes, but still. It is a huge honor to be on the dean's list.

Ishtar smiled at Rebecca. This was indeed a great honor, she had never been able to do this at her old school, though her grades had been close. Wow, the dean's list. Are there any responsibilties, other than to keep up my studies?

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:53 pm

"No additional studies," Rebecca said as she dismissed that thought with a simple waive of a hand. "Unless of course you wish to enhance your illusions any."

Rebecca smiled at her though a moment later her form had melted away completely as he gave up his simple concentration on the illusion that had masked his true form that had been revealed now as familiar mauve rubbery flesh came into view.

Tentacles wiggled about as his mouth tendrils swayed this way and that. Pupil less white eyes gazed over her golden custom then brushed back up her form as his eyes locked upon her own.

Tell me, have you made any progress in your play?

Character Listing

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next