View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 8:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Fool On The Hill (Ico v Aeria) 

Post Re: Fool On The Hill (Ico v Aeria)
Interesting... she was taking it on directly. Diving right in, as it were. But that wasn't bad... not for him, or for her. Useless arguing from her wasn't going to change her situation...

"Mmmhmmm... what is a knish?" He blinks slowly at her, an eyebrow raising. Was that a thing, a turn of phrase, or what? He couldn't say...

...but there was something he could.

"You should know, then, a warning about your question. There is a law I will not break... I will not answer anything that would directly indicate to you the nature of this place. Nor what it is, nor why, nor how to leave it." Slowly, his eyes close as he smirks, as if thinking of something.

"I need to know what a knish is... and lastly... I noticed something about what your stakes are... namely, they are lacking you sacriicing anything 'important' to you. Not using your powers on me means little... unless... by play nice... you are offering your body to me for that time. Is that what you mean?" That odd piece, that odd random bit. Was it meant to distract him, make him ponder that and not the question?

Or was it a subtle 'check'... a trick used to find or verify information? If so, it was something simple, barely seen... that possibility interested him. It was a very... very... oblique way to gather information. It wouldn't gather much, but it was powerful... it was the sort of thing he liked to do, especially when he was in a pinch or trying something especially clever.

This could be an interesting surprise indeed...

Thu May 13, 2010 12:56 am
Profile YIM

Iso let out even more information in his admitance of what he could not answer than Aeria could have hoped for. So there was a law that mandated he could not explain to her the true nature of this place. She assumed that law applied to all of this place's non-human denizens. If that was the case then this place was something far more than some random 'feasting' ground of horny, sadistic and impossible creatures. But what was it then? She would have to dig into this further.

She snapped out of her musings and fixed him with a disgusted look "I said I'd play nice for 12 hours and will answer a single question. So yes, in that regard -if- you can stop me from leaving you can do whatever you want to me and I will not strike back. But I WILL NOT under any cicumstances just bend over and let you have your way with me. And you get your question. All I want in return if I win instead is for you to get me a knish, which is a potato dish native to eastern europe. Peasant food, but far better than french fries and tater tots. And I don't need to ask you a question anymore, you have already answered it" She seemed a tad smug about that last fact. Her arms crossed under her chest and she fixed him with a stubborn gaze, meaning she wasn't likely going to increase her stakes.

Whether it be to offer constructive criticism of my writing (that is always appreciated), an offer to start another thread, or just random nonsense don't hesitate to pm me. I don't bite.

Life's been overwhelming me as of late and my responses have been sporadic at best. I am sorry to all of those whom I have active scenes with and I will try to reply as promptly as I can.

Mon May 17, 2010 11:52 am

Something shifted, and she mused for a moment. Then, she snapped. But as he listened, he sorted through his thoughts.

All she wanted, if she won, was a knish.

Right.

But that was interesting. 'She doesn't need to ask a question anymore...' That was what she said.

But between before and now, something had to change. Something he said. And he only said so much... she might have realized something before, or something new...

Two things. But one of which was something she would have called out. So it had to be the other she noticed... a word, deliberate.

Isn't this interesting... Slowly, he grins at her. He had an urge to respond, to play by his usual whim and whimsy. But for once he silenced those urges, that delight and play. Instead, something else was rising to the surface...

The intent of a shark.

He smelled it. She saw the difference in words, from rule to 'law', from things he sets to those set upon him. How far did she take it, then?

It's strange... I expected Elise to be the one to sniff out such things... perhaps it's her fear and anger that blinds her so much. But this one...

Ohoh...

This must be the first time since I came to Shokushu that I should actually watch what I say...

And instead of teasing her about it, he kept that silent. For once, he would actually not present and play, but lurk in wait.

"Hm... twelve hours... of 'not attacking'. Is that such a precious thing to you? It's quite different from surrender..."

"...quite different. If you are to decide the stakes, you must present something precious... elsewise you could merely offer trash and wheedle for riches. But... I'll accept it; that letting yourself be vulnerable for twelve long hours is a commitment."

Silence again, as he was watching her with a small smile now. He wasn't asking for greater stakes... because the real stakes were yet to come.

"As for your knish... I can supply such a thing. But are you sure you want to discard your question? It's such a generous thing, quite unlike you! If our stakes were equal with it, you offering the same and asking for such a smaller return can only be taken as charity..."

Fri May 21, 2010 8:29 pm
Profile YIM

(Sorry for the wait. Life has been keeping me on my toes and away from my computer)

Aeria's eyes narrowed at his words and she uttered "You are the first thing I've been able to harm in this place that actually doesn't just get right back up. So I believe safety from another kinetic blast of mine to be very generous. And I suppose you are right, giving you that and a question while I only get a knish is rather charitable on my part. So I will think about another question that you can answer should I win. I am not a charitable person."

Arms crossed under her chest she enunciated simply, curtly and clearly "Now... what... is... the... game?"

All this discussion about stakes had not distracted her from the fact that the mass of tendrils that someone formed themselves into this young male figure had yet to say exactly what the rules or even the nature of the game. She supposed that it made sense, get her to agree to the stakes first to make her feel committed to play before naming the game. Mind games like that didn't work on her though. She'd have to believe she stood a fair chance of winning before agreeing to abide by the stakes and play this game.

Whether it be to offer constructive criticism of my writing (that is always appreciated), an offer to start another thread, or just random nonsense don't hesitate to pm me. I don't bite.

Life's been overwhelming me as of late and my responses have been sporadic at best. I am sorry to all of those whom I have active scenes with and I will try to reply as promptly as I can.

Thu May 27, 2010 4:26 am

"HAHA! Not charitious...?" A sharp, cruel laugh. "I dare say... you do not know how charitious you are being. But it's a mistake that is 'human'... it isn't surprising at all, just the price of your 'caution'.

I will accept your stakes."

Slowly, he extends his hand to point straight at Aeria. "Hmm... your defense is decent, your offense is better, though clumsy... but you had best beware... simply 'making no mistakes' isn't enough. Don't rely on 'protecting yourself' alone..."

His hand turns, now his finger lowering to point downward as a dastardly smile crosses his face. "I'll find the tiniest cracks, the smallest mistakes without fail. If you are not careful, I'll drag you down to hell..."

A sudden change, in personality, and then his direction as his wrist twisted, his finger pointing heavenward now. Less menacing, just a bemused look to his eyes. "As for the games... well, I have many I've left up there."

"You are deciding the stakes... hence I shall decide the game... but the game is decided once the stakes are set. But... it has to be a game both know how to play. It must be a game that possesses strategy, and perhaps luck. Not a game of trivia nor pure chance, a contest of wit, if you will."

Mon May 31, 2010 3:42 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3