View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Studying (Ishtar and Invite only) 

Post Studying (Ishtar and Invite only)
Melanie was alone. She probably had no idea how bad (or good) of an idea that was, but in her time at Shokushu, she actually found it to be a pretty nice place. In truth, she had yet to have a sincerely bad experience in her new school. Her fellow students, on the other hand, seemed skittish and paranoid at times. Hence, Melanie had yet to make any real friends- or at least, study partners. Today, she was in an empty classroom, studying the ever so fascinating subject of Political science.

But in her studies, she often found herself stuck at certain points. Like the Cold War. She had great trouble understanding why both the US and the USSR did not open up channels. And she wasn't willing to accept that it was due to Human nature. Human nature did not rule an entire nation- humans did. Sentient beings that could control their impulses and feelings, humans who could communicate, could reason. Or was the Cold War just the most animalistic waste of money in the entire world?

Some conflicts would arouse due to the most absurd of reasons, but Melanie resolved to study them- if she couldn't be genius, she would at least be a good student.

So why was she getting so bored of just sitting alone and reading the material?

Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:40 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Studying (Ishtar and Invite only)
Ishtar was walking down the hallway check each of the class rooms checking each number. She was still having trouble remembering where all her classes were, and the blue haired student knew she would get into alot of trouble if she didn't show up on time for the rest of the year. So the young woman decided the best solution was to show up early so she could not possibly be late, or at least that what she thought.

Ishtar walked into the class room to find that there was already a student already here reading a text book. The young woman didn't look familiar to blue haired student, so it was good chance that this person was new to the school. Ishtar smiled to herself as it was opportunity to meet a new person. Ummm....hello. I didn't wanted to disturb you but you seemed to be here all alone in this classroom. My name is Ishtar, it is a pleasure to meet you. Ishtar extended her hand to her new acquaintance.

I love to RP!! Please PM me, if you are interested!

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:27 am

The orange-haired girl looked up from what she was reading to see a blue-haired senior enter the room. She introduced herself politely, so Melanie wasn't about to get swarmed by other students. If she was taking it easy, then her class probably wasn't in that room. "Hi Ishtar," Melanie responded in kind, smiling warmly. It was something she had a lot of practice with, truly. Smiling kindly, and introducing herself. She had never had those experiences before. She was usually well-known for her "up-tight" personality. Her hard, yet kind gazes. She was almost an urban legend where she came from- a boxer who bested kids from the local high school. Sure, boxing wasn't popular in England, but there's something to be said of a kid that could beat down her own teacher in a full-time match.

Back then, she had a lot of people to dissappoint with her success. Here? Not so much. Nobody could possibly know about her whore mom, her wealthy father, and her tendency to do everything in her power to ensure a proper educational environment. She never, ever wanted anyone else to become like her mom.
Such a fate was too cruel.

"I'm Melanie DuPont. I just started here," she quickly added, shrugging as she considered closing up her books and talking with the girl.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:47 am
Profile YIM

It is nice to met you, Melanie. Ishtar said with a smile. I hope you enjoy your time here. What do you think of the campus so far? Ishtar continued to walk over the new student. It wasn't too long ago that Ishtar herself was new to the campus and she could remember wanting to make friends and now was her chance to return the favor. Do you mind if I sit here? The blue haired student motioned to the desk next to the new student.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:36 am

"Oh yeah, sure, go ahead," Melanie replied, placing her book to the side, and gesturing to the seat in a non-commital manner. It was interesting to meet seniors who knew more than you. They usually had really good stories to book. She was already anticipating one, but she had a feeling that she would need to wait a while. Shokushu seemed like a place of secrets, which royally sucked when the truth was what got you going. "Campus is great, but it sometimes feel like there's something else that nobody wants to talk about," Melanie commented, looking at Ishtar to gauge her reaction.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:42 am
Profile YIM

Ishtar looked a bit confused at the question. The blue haired student had at times felt unnerved at being in certain places of campus, but her memory problems often plagued her. As result the young woman could not remember the many things she had happen to her why she was here at Shokushu. I am not sure what you are talking about, I can't recall anything weird happing on campus. Although I have to admit that my memory is not really all that great. Ishtar took her seat next to Melanie. I guess it just taking time adjusting to life on campus. So what are you reading?

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:30 am

"Oh, this?" Melanie replied holding the closed book for her to see. "This is just some Anatomy material I was studying. I'm not sure, but I was thinking of becoming a physician. You know, when I go to graduate school. Its interesting stuff, so I decided to, you know, read ahead and figure out what its all about," Melanie replied, smiling politely. "But- this is the first time I've been to a school without my old friends. Friends I've had since elementary school. So, that could be it. I dunno, really," she concluded.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:02 pm
Profile YIM

Oh I see. Ishtar could understand being away friends could be really hard on a new student in an unfamiliar campus. Fortunately, the blue haired upperclassman had at least a partial solution to that problem. Well, we could become friends. I know I wouldn't make up for your friends back home, but at least hang out and stuff. Ishtar smiled.

So you want to become a physician? That sounds like that would be a great career. As for myself I want to become a famous actress.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:08 am

"And thanks. I really appreciate it," she said, smiling back as Ishtar offered to be her friend.

"Really? That's so cool!" Melanie exclaimed as she heard her new "friend's" dream. Then she paused for a second, turning a bit to brood. "That actually makes me feel a bit pathetic about my dream. But I can't act, so..." The most wonderful part about being a teen? The fact that you could change your life goals in a manner of minutes. That was always something Melanie found interesting.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:46 am
Profile YIM

Actually, acting not really that hard. You just need to practice. Ishtar wanted to encourage her friend. I actually got into acting because it was the only way I could initially memorize poems and passages from plays. There was something about acting out the words that helps me remember the lines. I can't really explain it, maybe its because I feel the emotion involved. Ishtar smiled at her new friend, [color]I am sure you could be an actress with a little work. Although I have to admit that becoming a physician is really cool, not everyone can do that.[/color]

Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:43 am

Melanie considered it, but she still had no idea what she really wanted to do. Anything that she did, besides becoming a drug addict or whore, would fit her needs nicely. But she had been partial to the physician idea for a while.
"Trust me, I could never really act. I usually suffer from stage fright, so all of my school plays usually ended in outright disaster." Melanie smiled, a rush of memories coming to the forefront of her mind.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:18 pm
Profile YIM

Well to each their own, I guess. Ishtar smiled at her new friend. I probably wouldn't be a good physician, if I was to try. But it seems from what I can see so far you would be really good at it. So what made you want to become a physician, the blue haired girl asked. She was intently curious on why Melanie had chosen this path, it always fascinated the young woman to see what make others seek out different paths.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:49 am

"Well, it was a bunch of things. I was always interested in helping people, like my friends, and on occasion my mom. But I didn't really think it through until I reached Middle School, and I accidentally broke some kid's arm. I guess one thing lead to another from there, and I discovered that I was really good at figuring out medical emergencies, and went to various classes, got a CPR agreement. I figured, after all that, might as well become a doctor," Melanie said, giving her new friend the concise answer. It just... felt like a natural thing for her.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:21 pm
Profile YIM

I see. Well I glad I wasn't there. I would have just panicked. Ishtar smiled at Melanie. You have a good head on your shoulders. I think you will do very well here as this school does like to keep you on your feet for some reason. At least now if the blue hair girl ever injured herself, she knew who to turn to first. So what hobbies do you pursue, what do you consider fun?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:36 am

"Well, I suppose that boxing would be considered a hobby. Its something I do to pass the time. And I love reading." For some reason, this seemed like a very ordinary conversation, one that any two college girls would share, a time of bonding over the exchange of thoughts and ideas. Then she remembered what Ishtar had said just before she asked about Melanie's personal hobbies.
"Wait, what do you mean 'keep you on your feet?'"

Last edited by Melanie on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:00 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next