View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 12:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 End of Her Rope (Open to All Comers!) 

Post End of Her Rope (Open to All Comers!)
Asao Yumi was not looking at the book on the table before her. Rather she was watching the sun set through the library window. The shadows of the many bookshelves around had already growing long, the lamp before her did find job of pushing hen back for a little circle around the table itself, but beyond that there was only darkness.

Tired eyes return to the book where she re-read the same line again without comprehending it. Another woman who knew what she knew would know enough to be afraid of being in a secluded corner of the library at night at this particular school. Another woman would be hurriedly gathering their belongings and making a mad dash for the false safety of the dorms. Asao merely pushed her glasses back up the bridge of her her nose and tried to read the same line again, only for its meaning to slip off her conscious mind without finding purchase.

"What am I doing?" to ask the empty air.

Going though the motions, that's what. After almost a year here, Asao still had yet to find her wayward prototype. In fact, aside from the pixies and the slime creature she had run into, the monster of the island was leaving her alone. She should have suspected this possibility. She had seen the reports before -- no more than 10% of the student body was attacked with any degree of regularity. That meant that 90% went though all four years literately unmolested. The numbers were not on her side.

She tried to read the book again. The words just ran together.

How was the 10% determined? Was she on some kind of do-not-rape list? Had they figured out who she was?

What would she do if graduation hit before she found what she was looking for?

Her eyes began to sting with fresh tears. The words before her blurred because of it.

Asao took her glasses off , settling them beside book as she wiped her tears with sleeve of her kimono. It was black one, with silvery World Tree Tree embroider on the front. It and her socks and sandals were all she was wearing; she had taken to not wearing undergarments on her own time about six month ago in hopes f attracting the prototype's attention. It hadn't worked, and had simply become a habit of hers.

"Stop it," she scolded herself as she whipped ta her tears. "I am not going to start bawling in the library like an ignorant ingenue fresh off the plane. Stop it Asao! Just stop!" Her voice cracked on the last word, and the the tears of frustration and fear came freely. Book forgotten on the table, Asao buried her face in her hands and sobbed quietly in the dark.

Asao Yumi-The Brains
Eve01-The Beast

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Post Re: End of Her Rope (Open to All Comers!)
Aegir was stalking the halls. He had learned the schedules of some of his favorite victims of course and knew where to find them. When they were likely to be in the dorms or in one of the classes. He rarely bothered them in classes, either preferring the dimly lit settings of the forest or the solitude of the dorms, well some dorms were more crowded than others and he tended to avoid these, not because he had been worried but because it cost him more effort than it was worth.

He had been cloaked in the illusion of the blue haired girl Cindy, an arm load of books in her hands, glasses adorned to her freckled face. Aegir was making steady progress down the halls where he got distracted. It was not like him to be distracted though he felt the brainwaves of a kindred spirit so to speak.

Someone that desired to learn knowledge for the sake of it, someone that was desperately searching for answers and someone that had a better understanding of the nature of this island. She had understood that she had until graduation to find what she was looking for. He also knew that her thoughts had drifted to recent attacks or lack thereof, about the odds that she would be left alone.

He obtained an image of her from her own memories at seeing her own reflection in the mirror and he was interested in more ways then one. Of course he had determined how she could be useful to him. What he searched for she could not assist him with, or could she?

Aegir pondered this for a moment as he sensed how desperate she was getting as he headed towards the library, spurned on by what he saw within her mind. He pondered his approach to matters, though of the normal methods as well as the abnormal. Aegir pondered this choice though he had to decide on it rather quickly as his hand settled upon the door knob of the library. He opened it, figuring that cloaked in this illusion he could feel her out a little first, gather up more of her thoughts and memories then decide on his course of action from their based on what he had learned.

Aegir opened up the door behind him and entered the library closing the door behind her. He pretended not to notice her at the moment as he entered, the illusion casually moving towards one of the tables to set her books down upon it before going to the bookshelf nearing Asao in the process as he casually scanned he mind for a bit more of what she was searching for.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:03 am

The harder Asao tied to stop crying, the harder the tears came. Her only solace was at least she managed to keep the sobs quiet, sounding more like a strained series of breaths than the outright bawling the tightness in her chest demanded. She was in a library, after all.

The silly stray thought triggered a memory from longer ago than she would like to admit. It was another library , this one bright lit but sparsely furnished. The wall were cold concrete and steal instead of warm wood and glass of library at Shokushu. There were fewer bookshelves and more computers.

She was dressed not in her favored kimonos, or the school's ridiculous uniforms, but rather a smart skirt suit, covered with a white labcoat. She was holding someones hand as they walked together into this tiny library. This someone was naked, and looked over at Asao with her own face, sans the glasses, eyes wide. "Mother," she said at a normal conversational volume. "What is this room?"

"Shhh, Eve,"
Asao whispered. "This is a library. Its a place we use as storehouse of knowledge and information. Because of this people are usually studying in such places, and its is considered polite to whisper."

Eve titled her head to one side a puzzled expression on her face. "But why is this unit here?" she asked dropping own volume to a whisper. "It was scheduled for masochism technique upload today. This unit was looking forward to learning more of it after yesterday's Sadism upload."

Asao smiled, proud of Eve's eagerness. "Is that so? You will have to demonstrate for me later, Eve. I was held up in meetings all day yesterday and missed it. However, there is more replicating humanity than sex, Eve. A bit of simulated childhood will also help you game some verisimilitude in your dealing with other lifeforms. Its important to establish a baseline, if you will." She gestured toward a table were a single book waited. "Read."

Eve frowned, clearly not understanding as Asao sat her down at a metal table were a small paperback waited. "Very well, Mother." she whispered simply.

Eve picked up the book as Asao sat across from her at the table. "Mr. and Mrs. Dursely," Eve began, "of number for Privet drive were pleased to say there were perfectly normal, thank you very much..."

Asao shook her head, banishing the memory away, the sobs having subsided long enough for her to wipe away her tears. It was only then she noticed she was no longer alone. Though without her glasses on, all she could make out was a person-shaped blur with blue hair. Any place else blue hair would be odd, but here?

"Oh! I'm sorry," she apologized. "I hope my foolish crying didn't disturb you...?"

Asao Yumi-The Brains
Eve01-The Beast

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Aegir had watched the play back of the memory, a "mother" with her child, the indoctorining of the Harry Potter novel, the efforts of making this creation more than it was designed for. Here he had a kindred spirit so to speak. He had once conducted a similar experiment as he allowed one of his nodes to mature instead of destroying it.

That had resulted in a mistake but a lesson learned he supposed as he thought briefly of Fafner with one portion of his mind. another maintained the illusion, another focused on this moment for he could do several things at once.

He also knew that the doctor was vulnerable. Not only had she been distressed she was unable to see all that well and there was that certain vulnerable quality that would make this all too easy. But Aegir liked challenges since they often pushed aside the boredom for at least a little while.

He randomly drew a book from the bookshelf as he cast his gaze at her, thinking of how much fun he could have at the doctor's expense as he began to trace over recent thoughts. She was vulnerable, desperate even and he found that state a bit intoxicating. Now he wasn't often cruel without purpose to his actions though he found something beautiful in that naked vulnerability, at least for him that vulnerability was rather transparent, and his mind began to concoct all manner of fiendish things. Yes, he was very interested to see how desperate the doctor was ...

"Oh ..." Cindy exclaimed as she turned her attention to Asao. She seemed embarrassed and had the doctor been wearing her glasses she would have caught the crimson blush that spilled over her cheeks. There was nothing stopping the musky scent emitting from his body, a scent that had only occurred when he was most aroused but it was an easy matter to reach into her mind and simply mask the aroma so she detected nothing at all save for that initial wiff.

"You weren't ... I mean I just got here ... umm, didn't even notice you sitting her actually," Cindy blushed again while clutching the book to her chest. She neared, setting a hand down on the back of her own, patted it then invited herself to sit down laying her book out of the desk.

"What's wrong?" Cindy asked, seemingly concerned as a portion of Aegir's mind exerted telekinetic control over the door, in effect holding it closed so it would not open to afford the pair a little more privacy. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Character Listing

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Asao smiled in gratitude for the offer but shook her head as her hands begin to quest blindly for her glasses. "Thank you, but no. I dont want burden anyone else with my problems." She though she caught a whiff of something, but it passed almost as soon as it begun. She chalked it up to the old books all around them.

Her hands finally found her glasses and she slipped them on to get a better look at the girl. She was pretty, but so was everyone here, and that was no accident. The blue hair did give her a unique look and Asao couldn't help but alow her smile to widen bit more ay the sight of her. "I just lost something is all," she added with a tired sigh. "And I dont think I'm going to find it again."

It was weird, admitting that. It didn't feel like giving up, but at the same time, she did feel lighter if only a bit. She looked back over at the girl. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to actually make friends while she was here? If she couldn't do what she came to do, she could at least makes the days a bit more bearable with a friend or two.

"I'm Asao," she introduced herslef after a pause. "Asao Yumi."

Asao Yumi-The Brains
Eve01-The Beast

Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:51 am

Cindy listened and nodded a little at the older girl, no woman. She seemed to understand her blight though she had looked over the doctor who had been nearly a decade older than she was, pondering. "Cheer up, I can help you find it. If we can't find it then we can find a replacement and if it's irreplaceable I'm sure one of the other girls might have seen it and thus figuring out where it is should be easier. There is no harm in trying, right?"

She smiled at her. "Cindy. Cindy Eva Von Hessler. A pleasure." She extended a hand and though she had been of German descent she hardly looked it at all. Perhaps her only features had been her blue eyes hidden behind the spectacles she had worn.

Aegir followed her thoughts of course, he had pondered the double nature of things ... perhaps Cindy could be a friend in darker times, someone for her to confide in but Aegir turned aside the notion. No, he had determined that this time he was going to make Asao work a little for what she wanted. Oh, he intended to give it to her all right in time though it would be a means of pushing her to the brink where she had to believe that she was at her wit's end, yet in better standing then she was now of course. Sprinkle a bit of hope before her, just enough to keep her interested at the possibilities offered.

Now he delved into her mind feeling about the nature of the problem. At first he had assumed that she was just another student with an interest that he shared, a thirst for knowing things that he did not achieve but as he peered into her mind he had come to realize that it was not the case. Oh, the hunger was there all right she was just more than she appeared to be. Far more in fact and her presence was apleasant surprise to him.

She knew the nature of this place and that had made things a little easier for him, he didn't have to hold back as much and she would come to realize that he was being truthful. He pondered his options but needed more information first before he moved in for the kill.

Character Listing

Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:13 am

Asao took the hand offered in friendship, shaking it briefly before letting go. "The pleasure is all mine," she replied.

'No harm in trying' the other girl had said. She had a flash in her mind eye of an army of girl, each in the Shokushu uniform, fanning out across the island each crying out 'Eve, where are you?' at the top of their lungs. It was a funny image and Asao almost smiled...

... until the logical side of her brain kicked in and the image was replaced by each member of this impromptu army begin knocked down and raped by creatures she could only half-imagine. That wiped the smile from her lips and the stole light from her eyes rather quick.

"It's very sweet of you to offer, but I'll have to decline. For your own good,"
she explained as much as she could without giving away the truth, or big so cryptic the other girls would be inspired to start asking questions. She forced a smile. "Besides, its the offer that really counts, you know?" Then, in an attempt to change the subject she added, "I dont think I've seen you around, how long have you been at Shokushu?"

Asao Yumi-The Brains
Eve01-The Beast

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Cindy considered for a moment, nodded though of course Aegir could see the images in her mind and had been amused at the thoughts that he had discovered there. He had also realized that she was aware of this island's true purpose and her thoughts turned darker.

"Oh, over four years now actually ..." Cindy grinned, waiting for dawning to hit, of course the logically portions of Asao's mind he predicted would take over and just assume that she was held back. Cindy looked young, about 18 so she'd only have been a freshman or maybe a sophomore but she too didn't look her age.

Of course given the nature of the island too it was unlikely that she was a childhood prodigy that had been sent to the island either. He let the answer generate numerous questions in her mind then after she analyzed it for a moment she added. "A piety that I could not help you find Eve ..."

He let the words hang there, smiled, then looked at her just prior to standing as if she were about to leave her to stew in her own lament.

Character Listing

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Four years. Now that seemed odd, Asao thought as her smile faded. Cindy certainly didn't look as though he was in her mid twenties. Of course Asao herself was pushing thirty and still got carded the few times she bough alcohol before coming here.

Then again, she was probably over thinking things. Monsters frequently abducted students for protracted periods of time, leaving the school schedule something of a mess. But even so would she look even more haggard if she was a victim of repeated attacks. Not physically -- they were so careful with that -- but you could still tell just by looking in a girls eyes...

"A piety that I could not help you find Eve ..." she said.

Asao' mouth fell open. What... what had she just said? How could she possibly know...?

Cindy stood as if to leave, and Asao surprised herslef with how fast she shot to her feet, reached out, and grabbed Cindy's wrist. "How do you know about Eve?" she demanded. Or rater she tried to demand. She was so surprised by this sudden change in fortune that her voice came out a breathy whisper of surprise. It was cute in a way, but cute was not something Asao wnated to be just now.

A lead, she cheered silently. I finally have a lead!

Asao Yumi-The Brains
Eve01-The Beast

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Aegir regarded her, though he looked at her hand clasping his wrist. She was excited of course and he had yet to dangle the carrot before the horse so to speak. He waited though until she removed her hand from about his wrist as pleasant as that touch had been. He waited then looked back up to her smiling a little.

Taking a few steps away Aegir leaned back against a nearby table, casually drifting his gaze over her as he spent a moment appraising her and thinking how best he wanted to approach things. He usually wasn't so cruel, but then again his victims had hardly been so eager for anything. He had determined that he would but her through the ringer a bit, as well as get what he desired, the best of both worlds so to speak.

"You are not what you seem Doctor Yumi. Oh, I know a bit about you. Just a little," Cindy smiled briefly though it had not been a smile that reached her eyes. She flickered her index finger casually over the table, then at Asao again.

"But nor am I what I seem to be either. But you, despite your brillance have failed to consider that Eve could have regrets, could have even learned some normalacy from you, could have chosen to stay clear of the school. Why, there are the labs of course, the arena even, she could be clear on the opposite side of the island for all you know. She could have even snatched up a victim for some prolonged fun and is even around here doctor. Simply put, she may not even be near your reach at all, or could be though various dangers could exist between you two ... for a student that is."

Aegir let her consider, there was no need for him to spell it out for her, she was a smart girl after all and while he did leave shades of gray in his words he wanted her to mull things over a bit, though he was more interested in getting her to make the first moves. He had an idea of how he was going to play this after all. A good idea. He checked her memorie searching for her graduation date. Oh, he would indeed help her, but he was interested in knowing how much time he had to play around with her first in drawing this out before making the goods on any promise or bargain that they entered into.

Character Listing

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Asao frowned as she released Cindy's writs, afraid for a moment that she had come on too strong...

... until she stated to talk about things she couldn't know and smile in away that just wasn't right. It didn't long for her to put two and two together. But unlike her recent confrontation with Vera, Asao wasn't afraid of 'Cindy' shipping her of to the pits.

More importantly she thought, this 'person' might now how to find Eve! she thought. She kept the rising hope to herself, her face carefully impassive as she tried to stare down the being who called themselves Cindy. Appearing to desperate wouldn't help her now. She had to approach this bargain from a position of strength. She after all still had three years to find her lost prototype. Four if she changed her major. Perhaps even five if she allowed herself to fail and then make a semester or two.

"I know Eve," was Asao's careful reply. "She would come here. She had no where else to go. But you didn't answer my question: How do you know about her?" She stepped away from the table to stand directly across from Cindy, warping her arms around herslef, her hands vanishing in the opposite arms wide kimono sleeve. It might have been a confident, imposing stance, were Asao not a mere 5'3" and had not already been caught bawling her eyes out. "You are not a student at all, are you 'Cindy'?" Asao went on. "Too young to be faculty, absence of sash means you're not a prefect or Head Girl. That only leaves one other option. And since I'm not naked and bent over this table already, I assume you want something else from me. So. Spill."

That'a girl Asao. Play hard to get. Ignore the obvious dangling carrot 'she's' offering. Don't let on you'll do anything for this lead or the offer guidance its hinting around. Her heart was thundering in her ears, but she forced herself keep her breathing even. Never mind she's already seen you cry like a little girl. This last thingyouI need to do is look desperate...

But I'm closer now. Closer than I've been before. Please, please,
please dont screw this up!

Aloud she said simply "I'm waiting, 'Cindy'.

Asao Yumi-The Brains
Eve01-The Beast

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:14 am

Cindy watched her carefully, a small smile fluttering across her face as Asao went through her analysis of what she could actually be and as suspected it did not take the doctor long to figure things out. Still Aegir had been patient and let her finish before tapping a temple with a finger.

"Oh, doctor, I got that information from you. Humans are such easy reads after all. You can try to be tough with me but it will never work, as long as you think I will know your thoughts and even ruffle through your memories so you cannot approach this from a position of strength try as you might.

"Yet, you are all too aware that if I had wanted to I would have already been in the process of taking you. Yet you know the risks and came here. You even suspect that Eve has come here, so tell me doctor why haven't you found her yet? Either you are wrong in your assumption that she is here or she's avoiding contact for whatever reason, which means you're going through all this for nothing.

"Of course it occurs to me that I could assist you. I am not usually as cruel as other entities on this island though I can be if the mood strikes. No, doctor, I am most interested in experimenting with things to keep matters fresh. My needs, my wants, are a little different than most.

"I have the ability to sense brainwaves. Humans at this point are easy reads ... monsters not so much and it takes a moment or two in order to map out their brains and access their memories at least the first time. After I do it once then it becomes easy. I usually have little reason to do this. I have done so on occasion for various reasons but there are a number of unknown minds that have arrived on this island recently.

"Thus it is an easy method to find your child ... of course, there is something I require in return. Several things in fact. But today we will focus on the main two, that is if you are interested.

"The first being that I indeed want you. Willingly of course, whenever I require it. The second is more of a curiousity, an experiment to see just how badly you want this. These are the two things that I require though I doubt that either will be the only time for each. No, doctor, there still is much time to find Eve. Much indeed, but even you must realize that I do not tempt you lightly. If I wanted of course I could just take you and there would be nothing that you could do about it. You could struggle but it will do you no good. You are logical, you know what is going to happen, yet how often are you able to get something out of the deal? How many times would others lend assistance? Quiet frankly those that would have helped you won't now, they're likely to be very interested in what has become of you. No doubt they would be interested in finding Eve as well.

"Of course you have to realize what you are to do once you do find Eve of course." He gazed at the back of his palm as if viewing something interesting their appearing nonchalant before looking back at her. He bestowed a smile upon her. "The choice of course is yours, but consider it carefully."

Character Listing

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:48 am

Fuck.

You've gotten sloppy Asao! she scolded herself. She tried to remember the little mental exercises she had taught herslef to defeat for frustrate telepathy, then stopped herself abruptly. If she thought of them now, in this things presence, it would instantly know what she was doing and find a work around.

She tried another approach in the spur of the moment: Mentally listing each element on the periodic table in order as 'loud' as she could in what she hopped was an attempt to block it out of her surface thoughts.

"I know exactly why Eve came here,"
Asao said slowly - -it was hard thinking one thing but saying another like this -- "But you are right about one thing. She must be avoiding me for reasons that I'm sure make sense to her. As for what to be done when I find her --

Neon, Sodium, Magnesium, Aluminum

-- you needn't worry about that."

Aso broke eyes contact with Aegir and looked down at the ground. Argon. Potassium. Calcium . I cant believe I'm considering this. Scandium, Titanium, Vanadium

She took a deep breath, the looked back up at Cindy, glaring daggers. "I wont hurt any other students." she said finally and no amount of elemental recital could keep the deep pain the condition sparked from bleeding though. "So, if that what you're nameless experiment will call for... " Copper. Zinc. Gallium. I cant do this... [/color][color=#BF0000] "t-then you can just forget it."

Germanium. What have I just done? Arsenic. Selenium.

Asao Yumi-The Brains
Eve01-The Beast

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:16 am

Aegir had been amused by her attempts to block him out. Humans had become so easy as far as reads ages ago that he no longer had to try. He could tell it was difficult for her to try to think of one thing while trying to do another though he had no such problems himself. See, his mind was multifaceted and allowed him to do several things at once. In effect he could multitask with ease.

A portion of his brain recounted the elements she was considering, another tracked her true intend, another riffled through her memories and another considered his own plans. It was cute in a way, though he had left her to wonder about the strength of hi mental prowess for now at least. Give her the false hope in believing that she was resisting him for now.

"People change," Aegir stated, he was aware that Asao would consider this possibility and how likely it was to occur. She would have to consider such things ... and she might have even seen the question as a plough to distract her, to get her thinking on something while he pressed into her thoughts about that matter.

"You are absolutely right. What you do with her after your reunion is of no concern to me. Unless I am affected in some way then there is no reason for me to involve myself or will lead to affecting me in a negative way somewhere down the line. Of course, had I sensed that initially this would be the result then I would not have offered to assist you.

"I have already stated that I am unlike most of the other denziens on this island ... usually. My needs are somewhat different than most though I am interested in how far you are willing to go to achieve your goals. No, you will not be required to do anything against another student. This will test your own resolve. I am not normally so callous, but I do sense a certain desperation. How desperate are you? How far are you willing to go? Let us see, shall we?"

Character Listing

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:39 am

Asao allowed herself to relax a bit, but only a bit. She kept the running list of elements going in her head as it seemed to have worked somewhat. If she didn't have to worry about harming another student, then there was no reason not to agree to 'Cindy's' terms. After all she knew boarding that plane a year ago that she was going to forced to have sex with any any number of inhuman things before she found Eve. Whether she was held down and savaged or manipulated into a pact like this, rape was rape. Thinking she could get away with it now was beyond naive. It was down right stupid.

But he was right about one thing. She was desperate. She could not afford to say no.

She purposely stopped her reciting of elements as she thought to herslef that the next question ought to be 'How do I know you'll keep you end of the bargain' But that was a stupid question. Either it would or it wouldn't. She was in no position to force compliance. If it was lying before, it would lie about any reassurances, rendering them moot. If it truly intended to help her it would do so, so extra reassurance was not needed. And either way it was going to fuck her, so no matter what, she would be no worse off than she was right now.

"I accept your terms," she sad finally, and felt something die inside her. Something vital that she had just lost and could never get back. She tried not to dwell on it. "Should I continue to call you Cindy or do you have a true form and name?"

Asao Yumi-The Brains
Eve01-The Beast

Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next