View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Samurai Meets Knight ( For Forzenflame) 

Post Samurai Meets Knight ( For Forzenflame)
Machi was a tad late for Kendo practice. Mostly because she decided to study a little bit more than usual. A photographic memory did wonders as it aloud her to study and retain more, but of late she had barely any time to study. Even more difficulty thanks to what seemed to be nightmares, though she perceiving these to events as they were to be real. Confusing yet made sense though she refused to accept it as reality. Besides she could afford to blow off Kendo practice, she was after the strongest swords men there, though there was quiet a few girls with potential to be better. Sadly the coach wasn't capable of bringing out their full potential, and Machi wasn't the teacher type.

Stretching Machi looked at the window, the sky was a bright gold. Telling the signs that it was late evening. Closing her history book she stood up and prepared to leave the room.

Thu May 14, 2015 7:26 pm

Post Re: Samurai Meets Knight ( For Forzenflame)
As the setting sun projected a mango sky, the redhead girl made her way over to the kendo building. She normally avoided the building out of a lack of interest, but had decided that visiting it just once wouldn't do any harm. The monsters had grown stronger, and with that, Vanessa needed to bolster her strength. She was brave, though she lacked skills to repel them. Once kendo practice was over, she had the entire room to herself. she placed on the usual white attire, and grabbed onto a wooden sword. Because she wasn't a part of the team, she didn't get any formal lessons. The girl practiced for a few moments before her body was rather sweaty and sticky. It was of little consequence though. She'd finish up her practice before grabbing her things in the classroom.

Vanessa slid the door to the classroom open and spotted a girl whom had barely talked to her. The crimson-haired girl didn't mind, and walked over to her desk (which was beside this woman) and began to pack her things. "Hello there!" The knight sang cheerfully. "You're rather late to be in the classroom. Lecture was over an hour ago." She stated as she put a blue water bottle at the side of her backpack.

Help Frozenflame Build a New Character!

Monsters:
The Twins: Lily and Lucy

Mon May 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Machi looked up as the door open. Vanessa Crowell entered the room, she appeared to exhausted and rather sweaty. She had stayed late for Kendo practice yet again. she was quiet determined for what reasons, the Samurai was unsure. Sadly Vanessa was not a traditional member of the team and was taking self-defense lessons instead of actual combat lessons.. Machi knew this well as the other red head had been around while she herself had been practicing. It was rare for the two to be seen however.. Still the Samurai wished someone with Vanessa’s dedication would join the team, at least she would have a good gauge on where she stood.

“ I know the lecture was over an hour ago MS.Crowell; training the mind is just as important as training the body.” Machi replied in a distant almost mono-tone voice. She wasn’t being rude half the school was well aware of her anti-social personality.”Without a strong mind one cannot defeat a stronger opponent. As most of battle is with the mind and not the body.”

Mon May 25, 2015 8:48 pm

Vanessa was well aware of how anti-social the girl was, so she didn't push the conversation necessarily. "Hmm... point taken." She said simply, flicking a white eraser into the air before catching it with her hand. The knight slid it into her backpack. Though the crimson-haired girl wondered if Machi was attacked by a monster, she didn't dare ask. After all, not many students were attacked by monsters. Those who admitted they were violated were also teased by students and faculty alike. It was better to remain silent. "Well, take it easy then. I'll see you in gym class tomorrow." Vanessa waved at the samurai girl before walking towards the exit.

Monsters:

Wed May 27, 2015 1:34 am

Machi placed her text book in her own book-bag. She too was leaving, though her thoughts where drifting to memory or dreams of being attacked by something in a cave. She took a deep breath before slinging the messenger bag over shoulder. She watched as she Vanessa began to leave. She then did said something she wasn’t expecting.”Make sure you take a hot bath, otherwise you’re muscles are going to tense and soar for days... also Don’t too much power in you’re otherwise you’ll wear out you’re joints. Try to relax in you’re swings”

The Smaurai said going off what she recalled from the girls body movements. Though there was something else about those brief memories. It was somehow turning her on somewhat. She wasn't into girls. Though a flashback of dream indicated otherwise.

Wed May 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Vanessa paused and turned around for a moment. She smiled softly, running her fingers through her crimson hair. "Thanks, I'll be sure to keep that in mind." Still, the knight felt like she had some sort of obligation to fulfill. After all, she had made a proclamation to herself that she would help and serve the girls at Shokushu. "Actually, I think the kendo room is open at the moment. Mind showing me a few moves?" She hoped that she could get Machi to speak. The samurai girl was normally very anti-social, so the crimson-haired girl figured it must've been hard to be ostracized. And what better way to open her up than to get her to talk about something she absolutely loved to do?

Monsters:

Fri May 29, 2015 10:02 pm

The other red head thought a minute. Vannesa wanted her to show her a few moves. She felt a little a uneasy, speaking and teaching wasn’t her forte, show she wasn’t sure could be much of a help. Still there was potential and it shouldn’t be cast way so easily.”its growing late.” She replied as she looked Vanessa in the face her expression emotionless as if it had been harden by a hard life of misery and pain.

“But I can spare a few hours before the school officially closes.” With that she lead the way to the Kendo room, She hadn’t bothered changing clothes, it was late as is and changing would only waste time. She removed her shoes allowing her white stockings to touch the mat. She motion for Vanessa to join her as she picked up a Kendo stick as if it was a Katana.

Sat May 30, 2015 7:53 pm

Vanessa expected Machi to reject her when she told the knight that it was getting late. She pursed her lips when she saw the pain across the girl's face. Something had obviously bothered her. She'd have to keep that in mind for later. The redhead followed her friend along to the kendo room. She suited up in her own clothes and stepped onto the sparring area with her own wooden weapon. She started off by taking a quick step and aimed to jab at Machi's rib cage.

At the back of her mind, the crimson-haired girl wanted to talk with Machi more. What did she like to do other than kendo? Where was she from? And most importantly, what bothered her so much?

Monsters:

Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:39 pm

Machi took a deep breath as she prepared for the girls first attack. Her eye's watching the shoulders, while appearing to look the girl in the eye's. Technically she was reading both the eye movement and the chest. Though distracted with her memory lapse she was still able to focus on a opponent and two points of action at once. She calculated the first few movements by the Crimson haired knight. First would be a step back as taught by the instructor, then as her eye's indicated her ribs where the target, and it would be a quick jab to the ribs as Vanessa arm movements indicated."Tch, I read you like a book." She stated as the girl was in the middle of her attack.

"You're first mistake." She uttered as she countered the attack before it even made it a third of its way to her, striking the hands. The strike was fast to the knight it would be as if the Samurai hardly moved a muscle." You attacked with you're eye's and not your mind. Plan one step ahead and anticipate three from you're opponent.Second you have no defense."

When the samurai girl looks at her clothing it would be slightly turn in some spots." If I can read you so easily any thug could read. You are also slow in you're attacks, however you're form was good not perfect but good and serviceable attack. Try It again." Machi stated this quickly. Of course she criticized the girl brutally she still gave a good re-pore as it was true a good form and a serviceable attack, if it a standing still target against a true Katana that target was dead. Sadly most targets never stand still. She could sense that Vanessa wanted to talk about something else other than Kendo. Though she hardly talked to any-one she paid attention to body language. However Machi wasn't going to start the conversation if Vanessa wanted to know something she just had to speak it.

Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:25 pm

Vanessa chose not to speak of Machi's concerns because she deemed it wasn't appropriate. For the reason, kendo would take priority until she found a natural way to ask the girl. When her attack was deflected, the crimson-haired girl instinctively jumped back a few feet. She half-expected the samurai to come back at her like the monsters had. "Attack with my mind?" She asked, hoping Machi would clarify. At the same time, she lunged forward, this time quicker, in an attempt to strike Machi's knee. "I don't get it. Attacking with my mind sounds very vague." She pointed out in a matter-of-fact tone.

Monsters:

Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:40 pm

The girl jumped back out of fright, no habitat expectation. There was no need for the girl to attack her much weaker opponent at least not yet any way. 'A decent lounge attack but still so obvious and slow. Or is it just my mind percinvng her actions before she makes them.' She questioned this as she made ready for her own counter attack.

"It not vague." Machi replied stepping out of the way of girls faster attack she did so casually and slow as if Vanessa was moving in slow motion."You're just not thinking about it... But I'll clarify anyway. You're attack I saw coming why?" She was answering a question with a question, no just leading Vanessa to the answer she sought. much like her own master she could be very indirect with her answers and responses.

Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:50 pm

Vanessa bit her lip when her opponent had dodged the attack. Her reply was blunt, displaying a bit of frustration. "I don't know, why?" The knight had previously been able to land solid hits on monsters in the island. In fact, she had almost defeated one or two of the monsters. So why couldn't she land a blow on this woman? The redhead jabbed quicker, using the wide assortment of moves in her arsenal. Miss. Miss...! Miss! She continued her rapid pursuit onto the samurai girl, hoping to corner her, where it would be near impossible to block Vanessa's attacks.

Monsters:

Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:52 pm

Machi watched as the girl frailed at her. Her blunt retort stated a she was becoming frustrated mainly because She expected to just hit someone. Machi was different from the monsters in that she fought one, being she was expecting VAnessa’s determination. Her will to fight was obvious, with pure determination one could overwhelm a strong opponent and when. In The end the other red just jabbed a strike missing every attack within the barrage. It didn’t take much for the samurai to realize she was being back into a corner, so merely allowed it in order to turn that plan against the knight when the moment was right she would and trip the girl off the matt.

“You attack too direct,” She explained a little winded it wasn’t as if Vanessa’s didn’t have effect though she hadn’t landed a blow. Still it took a lot for Machi to be a little faint breath which in and off itself was a mile stone and accomplishment.” All you’re doing is tiring your;self out, though you can tire you’re opponent if driven hard enough.”

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:21 pm

"Gahhh!" The jabs were relentless, hoping to strike the samurai woman down. The plan was working, and Machi was being cornered. With one quick thrust, she would land a punishing hit- at least until she was tripped by the samurai and tumbled to her feet. "O-Ouch..." The redhead groaned as she rubbed her hip. Vanessa looked up to her partner and rose back onto her feet. "T-thanks. I have been working on my endurance lately." She was careful not to mention monsters to the samurai woman. She had no idea if Machi knew of their existence or not. Vanessa only mentioned monsters if, and only if, she knew the other person was aware of their existence. "I never really expected to fight, per se. Ever since I arrived at Shokushu, I've needed to prepare myself. Being tossed into the wilderness on an island is a bit... scary, you know." Vanessa giggled and stuck her tongue out. "Animals might attack you, and I'm a bit of a worry-er."

Monsters:

Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Machi smiled at Vanessa as the other girl recovered. Clearly she hadn’t seen it coming but she seemed fine with the lesson. It was clear the woman was built for endurance, however Vanessa;s words seem to indicate something else; not giving a clear reason to why she was building up endurance. Animals on the island. Outside a host of various exotic birds, plants there was no other animal on the island except humans... “Their aren’t animals on the island...” The Red haired Samurai said her eye’s staring into the other girls eye’s.

“You mean the monsters don’t You.” Machi said darkly almost angry. She wasn’t truly sure if they actually existed or not; her last encounter was less than shuttle, and her mind didn’t quiet erase the traumatic experience. So far she had passed them off as dreams but it tormented her not truly knowing like something was watching her hunting her. Every corner looked like trap and something that could violate no matter what she did was around the corner.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next