View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Scheherazade (for Rhaine) 

Post Re: Scheherazade (for Rhaine)
"Certainly not me or mine, ya kind don't even live in the sssame galactic clussster," Aulopis says, flippant, as he sits up and stretches his legs. It has to be some level of showmanship for the metallic limbs, but the upper torso cracks and pops, the cartilage that makes up the majority of his form resettling. "Nah. Ya aren't prey. Truth told, ya not hold my interessst for a fight or fuck. Ya a good kid, though."

"I be checking this basssement, and for the lab proper," Aulopis muses aloud. "Either it be a good ssstory, or I mayhap find a thing a' ussse. Good idea, either way. And another good rumble, to boot, if that robot be there yet."

He's not going to float in the lake and pass his days passively. He's going into the depths and the hidden corners, in search of the shit that people are hiding. If he dies, oh well; that reward's no less than what awaits him anyways, barring an interregnum of varying length and boredom.

"You ssshould read, and talk, and hear the talesss told," Aulopis tells Rhaine with a raised finger. "Ya brain matter, Rhaine. Feed it well, make it grow. The fruit it make be ideasss, and that be what make you worthwhile. Ya wanna be another pile of carbo walking around 'till it be time to die? Go ahead. Dream sssomething, in the meanwhile. But don't be memorizing the who. That be dead pride. Ya owe nothing to the buried."

The great fishman reaches down and drops his hand on Rhaine's head twice in what he probably thinks is a familiar pat. "Palaver be done, youngling. I be going for the placesss ya told me of. That be a good tale, so I grant ya a boon. Come find me when you decide what you want, ssshould I yet be around."

The fishman grins that spear-toothed smile, and then bounds off towards the woods and the school grounds proper, in search of adventure.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:25 am

Post Re: Scheherazade (for Rhaine)
Not the same galactic cluster? So he had been far from home. Andromeda Galaxy? Maybe, truth be told that was the only other galaxy she was familiar with though she must have heard a few mentioned in this documentary and that. Details that were irrelevant for her to memorize.

But she looked confused not sure how to take his words. Naturally she didn't want to be hunted down by the things on this island yet at the same time it stung her as if she were uninteresting. Then again it explained why the majority of the other girls hadn't been targeted. Maybe only a few of them were deemed worthy of the pursuit, hunt or what have you.

She nods at his mention that she keeps up with the books. Ania wished for her to do the same and there wasn't anything that she's found thus far to help her in this situation. Dani, her girlfriend, didn't talk about this stuff even when they were both there at the time as if denying that anything happened. Her options for discord had been limited.

There was Etolie after all. Neither really got into discussing things but she was sure if she made an effort Etolie would talk. Her words had been inspiring though, the mention of that robot seemed to spark Aulopis' interest as much as if not more than the labs.

“I wish I could tell you where the labs are but everything's a bit foggy from that time. I can tell you where I ended up afterwards. Near that beach I showed you the other day.”

This time she doesn't flinch when he pats the top of her head. She smiles a little. “Glad to be of some help.”

Her mind thinks, being a simple girl she hadn't thought about a boon as she watches him head off. Instead she finds herself thinking about him, worrying briefly about that robot. It was big … of course the squid was bigger and he managed that well enough so he was probably going to be fine.

Rhaine's Diary

Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3