View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The portal between realms (Clarice & Kanoe) 

Post Re: The portal between realms (Clarice & Kanoe)
"You may not have long to do so if you keep coming towards us."

Flexing her hand again, a palm sized ball of fire is directed for conjuring. He eyes narrow as she points the thing towards the monster, unscathed by his eerie tone and sense to even tease them. The man was trying her patience on the small battle between herself and him on who would make the first attack.

"Stay back. I'd rather not waste my mana, but that was my last warning. You continue to press forward I will try to kill you."

She feels Kanoe shift behind, directing her attention back in a concerned expression to the woman. Her fire was still intact as she converses with the dark witch, making sure to keep a cautious glance back at the monster.

"Breathe in and out deeply, Kanoe and back away slowly with me..." she whispers softly to the woman. Drawing her attention fully back to the nearly nude man she slides a foot back to keep a good distance away from him.

Sat May 09, 2009 6:19 pm

The man was trying to provoke them both. Just like many monsters, this one liked to play with his food. With the amount of power and mana saturating the air around them, she did not notice Claire channeling until the spark of flame appeared in her hand. Ugh, she did not want to get thrown into a blind fight.

The term try and kill him did not help their position any, it only proved they had doubts about this. But what choice did they have? They could fight or move closer to the portal. Seeing Claire look back and hearing her suggestion, they may end up doing both. The dark witch took deep breaths. The air was so thick she felt like she was drinking it rather than breathing it into her lungs. She lets wisps of darkness flow about her body and gather into the palm of her hand into small orb of shadow. It felt weird channeling darkness, like it were a tug o war against the energy around her. But she had to work with what she had available. Slowly but surely she began to take slow steps back, waiting for Claire to follow her.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sat May 09, 2009 6:32 pm

The smile he wore become more real as they both start to channel their mana. He was dissapointed that they werent using the power around them to help channel but he wasnt surprised at how novice they could be. He did wear a slight 'mask' of surprise at the fire and shadow manipulations and took a few steps forward. "I'd like to see for myself if your power is great enough to kill me in my state as it were" He says still seeming to slowly walk in a weak matter but he does draw closer, promting them to attack.

Do you fear demons and the spiritually insane?

Sat May 09, 2009 7:34 pm

She didn't want to be a liar in a sense, she wasn't sure if she could kill him or not. But it seemed she was being prompted to attack. Though the thought did cross her mind of using the raw power of the portal to fuel her magic, she didn't know what exactly kind of power it was. It's not like she needed anymore tainting than what's been happening to her for a year and some odd months now.

But the raw power of it continued to spark her interest none the less. She suggests it softly to Kanoe to see her opinion. While doing so she began to add her poisonous magic into the flame, the only actual poison she's ever been able to do without causing it to backlash on herself. If things turned nasty she would sue it thusly.

"Kanoe... got any ideas? We're being backed to the portal here."

Sat May 09, 2009 8:14 pm

It was tempting to reach out to the power that was all around them. But could their bodies handle it? Just controlling her own powers was a struggle in itself. The sheer pressure coming from the portal amazed and frightened her at the same time. If they only had more time to figure out what the mana is made up perhaps it would have been of use.

"Too risky... He wants us to fight here for a reason," she replies softly, "We will just have to make our own path in the forest and make it back onto the trail that way."

She swipes her arm, sending forth the darkbolt right at the man's feet. Whether he reacts or not did not matter to her. She just needed to draw his attention to the attack while she dashes to the side. He could not have blocked all directions of escape and this was an open forest.

Sat May 09, 2009 8:21 pm

The moment the Kanoe attacks the portal had finally gotten to such a small orb that it discharges it's last energy in a shockwave which sends her spell off course and if her footing was loose she would have been knocked to the ground. To keep appearances he stumbles from the shockwave but he was dissapointed at both the portal's last discharge and the spell being aimed at his feet instead of at his head or chest. He doesnt speak but the two witches can feel that despite the portal not being there anymore, the magical power in the air had not dissapated yet, nor was it getting weaker by any means.

Sat May 09, 2009 8:31 pm

Clarice dashes to the opposite side, throwing her fiery poison to the monster and lets a loud yell escape her lips before she launches a simple fiery ball at him directly. Once she sees the man had his attention at least relatively occupied to dodge or deflect, she joins Kanoe as they sprint to their chance at safety.

"Let's backtrack straight to the dorms. Trying weave through trees will make him catch up to us!"

She looks behind her briefly to see if he was catching up to them any ways, but the trees proved to be quite bad for eyesight. She had absolutely no idea how close or where he was now. She just hoped they would make it back.

Sat May 09, 2009 11:19 pm

Kanoe cries out as the shockwave makes her stumble onto the soft earth while Claire sends forth her own attacks. With those spells flying, she had time to get back onto her feet as her lover runs past her and into the woods.

"He will have to weave through them as well," she says quickly as she follows after Claire, twigs and branches tugging and lightly tearing her robes in their haste, "But...the portal is gone and...the feeling is still heavy in the air. Wasn't that the source?" The witch did not look back, focusing on avoiding the roots and branches as they try to loop around and back onto the main path.

Sun May 10, 2009 1:21 am

He seems to dodge to the side just to make sure they see him slightly still in a weakened state for now untill he can show his true power. However as they run away he starts to mumble something causing his right hand to glow in a faint green flame, which he pokes into the nearest tree.

Apon the next semi dence slearing they encounter the forest comes alive with vines, branches, and other things that form an enclosed circle around them keeping them in that space. Not too long after a small hole appears where He enters and closes again and then leans against said barrier.

"running away....wasnt a good idea" He says, arms crossed, which seems to be the only 'power' move he's applying to his false weakened pose.

Sun May 10, 2009 1:36 am

"Using the trees to propels himself or something!" Clarice retorts. She skids to a halt as the forest itself turns against them, blocking any path of escaping. She narrows her eyes coldly at the man and conjures another fire ball. Seems her poison had missed completely. She wasn't in very good strength to attempt two combined magic spells again and thusly starts throwing at least two at the vines to see if they would burn.

"Release us. Why do you persist and do nothing? Are you trying to wear us down?"

She allows Kanoe to stand beside her this time. She still had plenty of strength left, but her hard breathing said otherwise. She wasn't much of a sprinter so one could imagine she was at least out of breath for the short period of time they ran for their lives. This was getting quite annoying as the man just seems unfazed by anything they do and does nothing. She was very much waiting for him to at the very least try something then blocking their exit.

Sun May 10, 2009 2:02 am

"He's not a monkey!" she returns to Claire only to see the branches and vines from the trees forming a large ring around them. Seems this man knew magic as well. The feeling of pressure had only lessen slightly but was continuing to build as the man steps into their makeshift prison. She sees her lover prepare another spell and steps a bit ahead of her this time. The dark witch had not used any advanced spells and due to Natsuki's exercises, she was barely breathing that heavy from their run.

"See if you can burn through the wall," she whispers back to her lover, "You will tire out if you keep throwing spells at him. I will watch him." Using the same element, flames spark at her fingertips as a fireball gathers into her hand. Her eyes narrow at the man, ready to attack if he comes too close.

Sun May 10, 2009 3:41 pm

The vines would burn from her spell, but obviously what ever spell he had used regenerated said vines only moments after they burned. He stops leaning against the vines and takes a few steps forward speaking to the blond haired one. "I am merely testing your skills.....and so far you have failed my expectation" He says coldly looking to the black haired one. "You have yet to do much to deserve a judgement." He says taking even more steps forward.

Sun May 10, 2009 4:01 pm

"I could hardly care of your opinion about my skills. It means nothing to me," she replies simply. She wasn't going to just stand and be insulted by some measly monster who thinks he has out witted them so easily. He seemed to be just wasting their time by blocking them in and that was it.

She could feel her anger rising, but tries to keep herself calm. Kanoe's suggestion had failed, the vines merely grow back too quickly to even attempt in getting passed them. Now they were stuck in this predicament with an ignorant creature that has yet to learn anything of the island.

“You're trying my patience. If you're going to do something to us, then just do it and get it over with. She and I have better things to do then play cat and mouse with an ignorant fool."

The venom in her sentence was obvious. Oh how she wanted to at least severely wound one of these monsters on the island. She was denied so many things in life being here and now her very sanity and humanity were at stake in the year and a half they still had to go or so. The last thing she could deal with was a monster… that just didn’t do anything to them except hold them hostage.

“If we don’t exceed your expectations than leave us be and find another imprudent soul.”

She turns to Kanoe and sighs softly. The woman was watching him closely. A thought comes to her and she turns to facing the demonic monster beside her lover. Uncrossing her arms, she leans next to the dark witch and whisper softly.

“Why don’t we combine our powers and hit him with a single shot together? Maybe that’ll do him in. I don’t have any other ideas here.”

Mon May 11, 2009 1:34 am

Kanoe sighs as well. It was not like any of their magic was making him react in any way. They were trapped here until they kill this thing or it lets them go, neither of those sounded very probable. She nods gently to show her agreement to the idea and holds up the ball of flame. The witch extends her arm towards the awaiting man and began to chant softly as she gathers more of her mana and tries to increase the size of the bolt.

Only once did they try to mix their mana but it did not end well with Claire. Her lover back then was more attuned with light than darkness. Perhaps now that things have changed over time the two could control their powers together.

"We will only get one shot at this. Assuming he is bored with us already.." she whispers back.

Mon May 11, 2009 1:47 pm

As the witch chants he stays still, an open target. He was deeply interested in what their combined blasts could do. He knew he was probably going to underestimate the attack but that didnt stop him from waiting in silence with a small grin on his face for the attack.

(sorry its a bit small...not much to type lol)

Mon May 11, 2009 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next