View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Parts (for Lynmarie) 

Location: Somewhere in the darkness unseen, naked and being tortured
Post Re: Parts (for Lynmarie)
Of course given Lyndsey's clothes there wasn't all that much of her backside to see the baggy shorts left far more to the imagination than any other garment on the island.

"Alabama? Just as bad as Texas when it comes to religious fanatics. but, least you came from a family of mechanics sounds nice, better than my Cop of a pop."

She huffed noticably as she looked to Stephanie looking down to the deck.
"Well I'm pretty lost when it comes to ships, you'll have to lead from here Steph, sorry bout that."

she admitted brushing her shorts off a little bit as she thought about what the two of them could talk about next.
"SO uhm, what can you tell me about the school, you're a junior after all right? who better for a freshmen to ask right?"

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:45 am

She had ignored here question about her arm, Steph lowered her hand as she seemed to think on family back home. "Yeah, a lot of bigots there set in the old ways. Fortunately I didn't see much, outside of hazy at school. My hobby saw to that.

"Hm ... let's see there really isn't much to say. I don't get involved much in the extra cirucular activities save for working on the Dawn," she said as she began to lead the way to the locked communications room, she glanced over her shoulder though.

"It's best to avoid the school or being alone if you can help it ... that's what I learned early on after all."

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:04 am

She had avoided the question about her arm specifically because she didn't want to lie, really she didn't know what it was on her arm that was glowing, she just knew it was a bunch of words she didn't understand.

She thought about Stephanie's words for a time as she followed the 'junior' student slowly about the illusionary ship.
"Avoid the school and avoid being alone? Why?"

she hadn't seen anything dangerous and the lack of other people or civilization beyond the campus seemed to negate any need to be in groups; she could understand animals but, certainly there was nothing dangerous around if they built a school here and didn't allow weapons beyond the fencing foils and occasional bamboo kendo sword.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:49 pm

"Because ..." Steph paused as if uncertain how to phrase her question. Mulling her words over in her head she dropped her gaze to the ship's deck then glanced back up at her. "Never mind ... you would believe me anyway."

She took up a beam that had fallen off of the mass after inspecting it for a moment to ensure that it had been quiet solid. A folcrum or lever could be useful. That had been evident when she lead her the short distance to the door.

The communications room door may have been sealed and covered with a bit of rust the door had appeared locked despite hanging a little of its hinges. Beyond had been a darkened room though only the tops and bottoms pf the door had been askew enough to gaze beyond it. If one looked into the room beyond one could see inky objects cast in shadows, perhaps equipment, but that had been anyone's guess.

Character Listing

Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:04 pm

"Well this is the door huh? shouldn't be too tough to deal with."

She smiled as she examined the door and cracked her knuckles./ in her mind she could already imagine her power charging the hinges and making them explode and force to door to the floor within. Her hand touched the outer hinge
"And what wouldn't I believe huh Steph? Try me, I'm pretty open minded you know."

Lyndsey smirked slightly as she continued her usual focus on the object she planned to let blow.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Setting aside the piece of the mast she didn't seem to have any use for it any longer. "How'd you ..." the question seemed to die within her throat as she began to utter something than shook her head as if it had of mattered and in a bit of disbelief.

She eyed the other, younger girl as she blew out a breath causing her bangs to dance in the puff of air she emitted from her lungs. "There are things on this island that ... well bad things let's leave it at that ... at the school, that's were I've heard that they dwell. Fortunately I haven't seen them out her but ... well they prey on the students from what I hear. Especially some of the new ones."

Character Listing

Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:37 am

Lyndsey silently charged the door's main bolt and it too burst forcing the door to finally collapse into the room within. With a smile she turned to Stephanie as she began to talk. the idea of creatures preying on students, it was just like the rumors she kept hearing and assuming were just tales to scare new girls out of their clothes. She had asked for it so she didn't mention what she thought she just nodded softly.
"how I did that? well I dunno honestly, Kinda been able to make things explode since I was thirteen, ever hear of Gambit? he's a marvel comic's character... well I sort of have the same power as him. Always thought he was kinda hot..."

She flushed slightly shaking her head.
"Anyway uhm yeah lets get to salvaging!"

Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:25 am

"Gambit's yummy," she said with the flare of red staining her cheeks as if embarrassed by her words.
"My brothers had a bunch of what mother called funny books and X Men had been amongst them. That southern accent, hm, and playing cards he'd infuse with energy. All just yum."

Of course Aegir had no idea who the hell Gambit was. That had been until he sank into her mind as he retrieved that information from her mind. He had also seen her thoughts governing his words but said nothing diverting his attention to the room beyond since the door had been blasted opened.

"What's inside I wonder ..." she said as she changed the subject.

Character Listing

Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:20 am

"Well, it's your ship and you need the parts more than me so... After you Steph. I'm sure there's more than enough for both of us!"

Lyndsey blushed noticably as Steph continued going on about gambit. She nervously chucked and dug her heel into the metal of the deck they stood upon.
"Oh and so you know. I never said gambit was hot alright, this convo never happened. I want to keep a certain image alright?"

it seemed she was deathly protective of her tomboyish no nonsense attitude and persona. anything that could even remotely appear girly she didn't want anyone to know about.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:47 am

She made a motion of zipping her lips then smiled at Lyn. Never happened, she seemed to say though she made her way into the gloom of the room. Eyes going wide as she once again pushed her glasses to the bridge of her nose as she glance about as she took in what she could of the surrounding sights through the dim light that had streamed into the room from outdoors.

Sneezing from the dust here she brushed away a spider web or two some of the small archanids scurrying about the ground as they dropped out of their webs at the action.

"Wow ..." she whispered as she glanced about. "I wonder if any of this stuff works?"

Save for dust and some cobwebs nothing seemed to have been touched here. Buttons, lights and dials had all been turned off and the communications system itself had appeared to be a microphone that dealt with internal ship communications over a general PA system.

There had also be a radio here, used in emergencies and to contact other vessels encountered upon the high seas. Steph glanced over her shoulder at Lyn as if check to see if Lyn saw the same thing that she was.

Character Listing

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:09 am

She smiled as she followed Stephanie into the room eyes obviously excited by what she saw. her hands shifted and she moved quickly to the radio within she smirked to herself nodding. some of the capacitors were certain to be dead, but she could easily replace those and of course she could probably salvage them from some of the other older circuit boards on this ship if she really needed to.
"This is awesome! Plenty good stuff to salvage in here... though, have to wonder if there's anything around that says why these ships were abandoned at sea and still afloat."

It was an odd thought that crossed her mind. a hand brushed her side as she moved to stephanie again looking back and forth before speaking once more.
It is strange for a crew to do that without a reason after all. "

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:19 am

"There had been a log book from the captain. All it said was something about carrying a massive relief mission in transferring rice and grains to a nation in Africa that broke out in another war ... think it was Zaire but my memory upon it is foggy. Anyway, the captain made mention that he was leading his ships through a maelstrom, that it would cost them too much in time to go around but that had been the last entry.

"A person or two being swept over board would be likely, a whole crew vanishing unlikely but three? I can't believe that. Whatever happened it's a mystery, one that we'll probably never solve."

She gazed at the microphone, clicked it on and had been surprised to hear a crackling sound. It seemed that the radio had been working fine. No circuits that had any need of replacing after all this time abandoned here,

Looking towards Lyn she had tried to assertain the other girl's reaction in the gloom of the room.

Character Listing

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:45 am

The familiar static brought Lyndsey's eyes straight to the radio and Stephanie after she had taken in the woman's words about the log and what little there was to be said about what happened.
"Too bad they couldn't really record back then to well. ah well."

She said as she moved to the radio again beginning to check some of the knobs, glancing between the vents at the internal circuitry using her power charging her hand to use as a bit of a light. it faintly glowed above the radio as she examined it.
"Impossible! I mean, it's fucking great but, so much dust and not a single blown capacitor or out of place diode. It's, Damn good find but, it's just... damn! this has to be some sweet fucking craftsmanship!"

She smiled brightly as she looked over the device with glee obviously overjoyed too much to come up with conversation for a few moments.
"Never know maybe with enough digging through some of the locked doors here you might find a crew log book that holds more eh? never say never!"

Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:00 pm

She simply smiled at the girl's glee, then glanced towards the ceiling as if their had been something interesting their other than the dark shadows that crawled their from the infusion of light from Lyn's hands. She glanced to the younger girl and noded slightly.

"I guess not though I had always figured whatever happened had been quick, quick enough that their had been no time to record matters down." She flickered her gaze at Lyn as she busied herself with the radio.

Well there are some other locked doors, one below decks in the crew quarters and another at the galley. If anywhere the crew quarters would have more information ... possible journals and the like though why anyone would seal off those rooms is beyond me. But your little ability seems handy in unlocking doors."

Character Listing

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:47 pm

"Unlocking, blowing up same shit I guess."

she snickered slightly to herself as she listened to stephanie mention other locked rooms in the ship. It took her a few moments of thought as she pulled herself away from the radio.
"Alright now I want to know why the ships ended up like this. The radio will be here when we're done. show the way to those other locked doors, they had to be locked for some reason right?"

She had a mischevious glint in her eyes that of an explorer more than anything else. she cracked her back then her knuckles as she waited for Stephanie to reply.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next