View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Maelstrom 

Post Re: Maelstrom
Bianca froze like a hunted rabbit as she heard the unmistakable sound of footsteps approaching in the wet grass. She silently lifted her legs to hug her knees, her book resting in the cradle of her lap. The footsteps ended directly beneath where she sat on the branch, and she held her breath, waiting for the beam of a flashlight to illuminate her.

Moments passed, though the footsteps did not not wander away- perhaps it was not a security guard? Bianca tried to stealthily lean over the broad branch to see who it possibly could have been, but only a dark silhouette sat in opaque shadow beneath the tree. Determined, she began to lean out a little more, until, too late, she felt her book shift from her legs and down to the ground below. She squeaked, resuming her upright and frozen position, not daring to breathe.
Oh, hell...

~The Fish Out of Water~Bianca De Matin~
La Editio De Bianca (Bianca's Deviations)

Sat May 08, 2010 4:18 am

Edward felt something drop into his lap as he was reading, and blinked. It was a book, and he already knew who it belonged to. He then rose to his feet, and then looked up, and smiled at Bianca.

"Oh hello there, miss.... good to see you again. I am unaware that you were at the same spot, reading like me. Would you like your book back?" He said politely to her, holding out her book for her to take. "Why don't you come down from there, and we can read together, just like we did on the day that we met?"

Sat May 08, 2010 4:25 am
Profile YIM

Bianca jumped in surprise, letting out a shocked 'eep' as the shadow suddenly looked upward, spotting her huddled up in the tree like a raccoon. She blushed and felt even more ashamed when she realized that it was her interesting stranger from a few days ago.
This was hardly going to make for a good second impression.

"Ah.. um.. good evening! I was just, uh.. it was hot in the dorm and so I.. climbed.. the tree. To read." ..and she was quickly making the situation worse.

In true gentleman fashion however, he acted as if it were perfectly normal to read in a tree in the wee hours of the morning, and she could not help but smile disarmingly down at him as he gently offered her book back up to her, inviting her back down to read with him.

"Th-thank you.. I would to read with you."

Carefully, she began to make her way down until she suddenly blushed and called down to him gently, "Could you please turn around? I'm kind of only wearing.. um... well, I think it would be for the best." She closed her cardigan around her bosom, and pulled the short hem of her lacy nightgown down to cover anything, just to be sure.

Sat May 08, 2010 4:49 am

He just smiled to himself and nodded, and thought to himself that the reason she might be out here, is to calm down after one of her dreams about their union. "I understand..." He said politely to her. "I can't sleep either, so I usually spend my time reading. Besides, it's cooler and quieter at night as well."

He felt amused at her apparent modesty, which was endearing to him, especially that he had already seen her bared before him a week ago. BUt like the gentleman he is, he turned around, and let her come down from the tree, and waited patiently for her, until she was safely on the ground.

Sat May 08, 2010 5:05 am
Profile YIM

Bianca carefully got out of the tree, standing upright and brushing herself off and then closing her cardigan around herself again before he turned around.
"Thank you very much, I'm good now." She graciously took her book back from him, then sat in the grass, tucking her legs up demurely beneath herself and smiling at him.

"You know, please don't think of me as rude, but, I don't think I ever asked you for your name." She blushed, offering her hand to him. "I am Bianca. I didn't know that the school admitted male students as well.. now that I think about it, you're the only one I've seen."

Either way, Bianca certainly didn't mind the circumstances in which he was here, especially to seek solace in the exact same spot, and in the same fashion as her. She was very sure though that he wasn't seeking refuge here from a week full of.. interesting dreams. Just thinking about it instantly made the color rise to her face.

Sat May 08, 2010 5:16 am

He smiled as he sat beside her, and said. "Oh no, please don't apologize, young miss. I am the one that have been amiss, for forgetting to announce my name. My name is Ethan Silvear.. at your service." His tone was a bit haughty, but his eyes twinkled with playful amusement.

He gently kissed her knuckles,after he took her hand in his. He then let go and said. "Well, I am not actually a student here, Miss. I am a scholar actually, and since the Headmaster of this establishment is good friends with my parents, they sent me here... their reason would be a new change of environment would bring about new learning experiences, I suppose and meet new people as well."

He then notice her blush, and then he gently leaned over, putting a gentle hand on her forehead, and said warmly. "Are you alright, young miss? you look flushed for some reason."

Sat May 08, 2010 5:24 am
Profile YIM

A sudden shock like ice settled over her spine.
Silvear, Silvar. Ethan, and Edward. The initials on the pendant.
Something wasn't sitting well with her, but she didn't want to alarm him.. or let him think she was crazy, or suspicious of him. She gasped in delight as his lips fluttered over her knuckles, biting her lip as his hand pressed tenderly against her brow, underneath her bangs.
"A pleasure to meet you, Ethan."

Are you alright, young miss?

Young miss. It was starting to sound far too much like her dream. Was he.. stalking her? She smiled, determined to shield her rising panic behind it.

"Ethan, I don't want to sound strange but.. have you ever had a dream? Not just any dream.. one that you could absolutely swear that is was real, like it really happened? I keep having the same one, over and over again." She wrung her hands in her lap, looking earnestly back up at Ethan.

Sat May 08, 2010 5:38 am

Edward could smell her fear slightly, even without his other form's extraordinary senses. Her body language told him that she was already beginning to feel suspicious of him. She is an intelligent one, this one... although so sweet and innocent as well. An appealing and deadly combination, if he could describe her.

He then reached deep within himself, and started to project an invisible aura of calm around her, hoping to ease her fears, and continue playing this game of cat and mouse with her for a while. Whether he will decide to act later to take her again, he doesn't know yet at the moment.

He looked at her rather thoughtfully, and shook his head, even though he knew what was it that she was talking about. "Can't say I have... but could you briefly tell me about this dream? I am no expert in the subject, but I can interpret dreams a bit. It's one of the things I studied back home, and I think I might be able to help you."

Sat May 08, 2010 5:47 am
Profile YIM

"It's about.. well.." Bianca bit her lip, and decided to choose her words carefully.
"It has a lot to do about wolves.. it's funny because I have never even seen one in person before, only in books and movies.. that sort of thing." She swallowed hard, continuing to wring her hands as her mind reeled at how to properly censor her dream for him- he certainly didn't need to know about the details, but how was she going to explain this? "I never actually see the wolf, but I always hear it howling after.. a certain point. And then I wake up. And there is always someone there, with the wolf.. someone big. I never see them because they are always.. behind me."

Bianca averted her gaze. "It has gotten so frustrating. Every morning I wake up, I am an absolute wreck. I was never one for nightmares since I was child, much less for the same one every night. Something is definitely wrong about this school.. I don't know what it is, but something is definitely off. About the entire island, even." As she explained her situation, she instantly felt her tension ease; Perhaps letting all of this out to someone had been more beneficial to her than she had thought. She let her innermost being lull in the calm, another bright smile illuminating on her face.
"But it's all just so silly, isn't it? I'm certianly no little red riding hood."

Sat May 08, 2010 6:01 am

Edward smiled as he continued to listen to her. Who would have thought that she would dream of their encounter night after night? This was an interesting result and finding for him. Was this what the bond would do. He mentally weaved a spell, that would lessen the effect of the bond, so that she could at least get some rest every night.

" A wolf eh? That's interesting.... and so far, wolves as far as I know from my studies, only howl at the moon, or calling for their pack after a hunt... and of course the last is after they have mated." He said rather thoughtfully, wanting to test her reaction to his words.

He then looked at her and said. "Something wrong about this school you say? If there is anything wrong with it, my parents certainly would not sent me here, nor your parents I must say. Could you be getting a little bit too stressed somehow? You should join some clubs you know, get some friends, that sort of thing." He said earnestly. "Or you could hang out with me, whenever I pop by once in a while. I am a good listener, at least my friends back home tell me I am."

He paused for a moment and said. "Little Red Riding Hood eh? Well, you are not her I suppose, despite you dreaming of wolves. At least in your dream you didn't get eaten up... so it is a good thing, is it not?"

Sat May 08, 2010 6:11 am
Profile YIM

"..and of course the last is after they have mated."
Bianca coughed nervously, and began plucking clover blossoms to idly start making a chain from them. "Well, I guess you're right about the school. After all, if there really was something wrong here, it wouldn't be so reputable, would it?"
Or, perhaps the faculty had gotten very good at hiding any scandals that may be lurking about.

"Thank you, though. Back at home, I was on my school's swim team. I miss it, but it was nothing compared to the pool or the beautiful beach that they have here. It used to be my escape from the world, from people. But since I came here, it hasn't been so much anymore." She blushed, turning to him. "But I would certainly like to see you more, Edward." It was a long shot, but it couldn't hurt to try..

"And the Little Red Riding Hood thing is true, I suppose... although, it was written as a cautionary tale for young maidens, being 'devoured' as a euphemism for.. you know."

Sat May 08, 2010 6:29 am

He watched her as she made a chain of clover blossoms, and listened to her speak. "Well I suppose so, though I do agree, that a school's reputation means the difference of whether or not, they are able to attract potential applicants to their school. Of course, on the other hand... any establishment like you mentioned... might have its share of skeletons in its closet. Though how big or small it is, depends on establishment to establishment, I suppose."

"And as for the Red Riding Hood thing, I personally thought it was just a story to warn people not to talk to strangers that kind of thing." He said nonchalantly, hiding his surprise at how fast she catches on to his identity.

He then fell silent for a moment and then smiled at her. "So... you are as intelligent as I thought, Bianca... I would have never thought you would catch on to my true identity. I should give you credit for that I suppose. But relax... I mean no harm to you tonight, nor do I intend to do anything to you. That is the truth, and I will not deviate an inch from it."

Sat May 08, 2010 7:10 am
Profile YIM

Bianca sat upright, the daisy chain falling from her hands as she inhaled an incredulous breath.
"You.. what?"
She scrambled to her feet, looking down at Ethan in horror, her head becoming dizzy. Her hand flew to her breast, and it was as if she were there in her dream all over again, trapped with the monster and helpless to his will. Except- she was fully aware now that it had not been a dream.
"I.. you took away from me.." She began to walk backward toward the garden gate, to run away before he could trap her again. "I have been terrified all week, and you knew all along..?"

Her incredulity spiked into anger, fear making her reckless. "You.. you monster." Bianca turned and broke into a sprint toward the gate, fighting back her urge to burst into frustrated tears.

Sat May 08, 2010 7:34 am

Edward watched her calmly as she flew into a rage. It was natural that she was upset with him, but somehow he was hurt... deep inside him. He was a monster yes, most humans called his kind so. For some reason, Bianca's words hurt him a bit more than it should.

He slowly got up, and moved quickly, throwing a spell that closed the gate, and magically locked it. He then approached her and said. "Calm yourself, Bianca. If I may explain myself, I do not know why you have dreams about our joining, though I suppose that in psychological terms, one's first joining is usually.... quite impressionable, I suppose."

His tone is calm and soothing, as he regarded her. "I have no desire to harm you, as I said to you this night. Whether you choose to trust me or not, I do not know. All I know is that I have been truthful to you as much as I can. And let me tell you, for one whose life is surrounded by politics... it is a very hard thing to do. And yes, I am a monster, true and true... I have never pretended to be human, though this guise is something I take to travel through mortal lands undetected sometimes. That is all I can say to you, and every inch of my words... are true." His words were full of truth, and his eyes reflected that truth as well.

Sat May 08, 2010 7:49 am
Profile YIM

Bianca shook, jumping as the gates shut behind before her, and she steeled herself against them, panting as her heart raced. It was so.. wrong, if not unfair. She ahd finally began to trust him, was even attracted to him even, and it turned out that he had been the source of her torture all week. This was on a whole new level; Did he enjoy her company for the fact that she was a potential source of sustenance for him, or.. for what?

"Why, Edward? Why me?" Hot, vivid images of her moaning and writhing on the forest floor flashed within her memory, and she blushed. She admitted that he had been rather cordial during the entire process, but he had not given her a choice. The fact that he could manipulate her so easily, simple human that she was, was unnerving.

Compounded with the fact that is was the most passionate experience of her life, be it sex or otherwise, was not helping, either. Bianca hated nothing more than being upset with someone, but this, of course, was a very unique circumstance. She calmed herself, looking up at him and fought down the attraction she had for him.

"I think.. the reason why I keep having those dreams.. is because deep down, I enjoyed it. It was new and scary and..." She looked up at him at a loss for words, her eyes glazed.

Sat May 08, 2010 8:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next