View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 A test of strength (Kakumaoh) 

Post A test of strength (Kakumaoh)
My hips, and thighs were still a little sore. I would take the day off of practicing my kicks, punches, and other drills. Instead, i would practice my meditation. Early on the Saturday morning, I chose to break school uniform, and dressed myself comfortably in jeans and a blue tank top. I walked over to the woods, a quiet place where I could concentrate.

The soreness was making my meditation, a practice my parents had taught me in order to hone my ability to sense evil, very difficult. I sat cross legged in the woods, hands on my knees, clearing my mind, "listening" for evil. But every 15 seconds or so, my consciousness snagged on the soreness in my hips, and my attention reverted back to the past few night's events.

I had been over powered, really. Taken by surprise, and brutally raped by the succubus and her tentacled pet. I still had scars on my body to prove it. The nurse had told me to stay in, but I healed faster than most, and was released a few days later. I wasted no time, in trying to get stronger.

Pin pointing the evil was the first step in my plan. Knowing where the evil was would rob them of their greatest weapon: the element of surprise. forcing my concentration on my meditation, I searched around me for a source of evil.

I felt far off presences, one on the 2nd floor of the dorms, one at the pool, and a horde in the mysterious building known as "the lab." Suddenly, I felt the stirring presence of evil close by. He was prowling the forest, apparently unaware of my presence.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:57 pm

Location: Just behind that tree... or that wall... or maybe that door...
Post Re: A test of strength (Kakumaoh)
Kakumaoh carefully moved through the forest, slipping from tree to tree nearly soundlessly. While he doubted there were any beings on the island with both the desire and ability to harm him, it never hurt to be cautious. It also wouldn't do to scare off a potential target before he could catch her, should he chance upon one.

In truth, one of the students concerned him. Twice, while he was scouting near the school, she had stopped and looked towards his hiding place as if she was sure there was something there. Admittedly, she'd turned away and gone back to what she'd been doing both times, but someone who could "see" him when he thought he was hidden could be a nuisance at minimum. If she had other powers, she might actually be a threat. He had decided to find her as soon as possible, while she probably didn't know anything about him, and see if she did pose any actual danger to him. If not, she looked like she should be quite enjoyable. If she was, students vanished from here all the time; one more wouldn't make a difference.

This did, of course, require him to actually find her. Over the past two days, he had kept watch on areas where he had seen her before, but hadn't seen any sign of her. While he doubted she was holed up somewhere preparing weaponry to fight him with, his time as emperor had given him a healthy dose of paranoia and he wanted to be sure.

PM me to set up a roleplay.

Character listing

Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:57 am

Intrigued, I "listened" more closely. I had sensed this presence before. Each time, when I had searched for him, I was unable to see him. Though if I sensed him close, this time, I had a plan.

It had freshly rained, and the wetness on the grass had seeped through the bottom of my jeans. I welcomed this distraction; I needed to hone my sensing abilities, no matter the situation.

I sensed the presence moving a ways off in front of me, at a distance which most people wouldn't be able to see. Opening my eyes, I looked, watching carefully for movement, but saw nothing. Not even the wind moved the trees.

Sitting here with an evil demon close by wasn't prudent. Reaching down into a puddle, I grabbed a handful of watery mud, and with the stealth of a cat, I lept branch to branch and concealed myself in a dense pine tree, unseen save for a view from directly below.

Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:28 pm

As he passed near a tree, Kakumaoh paused. The leaves at the base had been disturbed slightly, and something had stirred up the mud in a nearby puddle. Clearly, someone had been here recently. The question was, who was it, and were they still nearby?

A quick survey of the area revealed traces of the person's passage, but only in one direction. Unless they had flown here, flown away, or walked away stepping exactly where they had walked when arriving, they were still around here somewhere. Given the subtlety of the signs of their presence, finding them wouldn't be easy. Still, he was an expert at finding hiding places, and the most likely ones around here would be in the trees.

He suddenly darted behind a large oak, then carefully slid into some undergrowth. That would almost certainly have taken me out of sight of any unseen watchers, he thought, and will make it easier to search for them. He then began looking at the nearest trees, working out which ones were more likely hiding places.

Character listing

Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:26 pm

I felt his presence somewhere below me. Close, but not close enough. If he had any tracking skills at all, he would certainly find me; I hadn't taken any time to cover my tracks. But staying hidden was not my intent. By the time he was directly below, I would have the advantage of height, and would take that time to strike. All I could do was wait, not wanting to give up my superior position.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:31 pm

It wasn't hard to work out where the person could be. There weren't many trees they could have reached from where they started without making an easily noticed leap, and most of those wouldn't offer enough concealment to someone without abilities similar to his. All he had to do now was to check each one. Except for one pine, this could be managed without leaving concealment.

Several minutes later, he considered the pine from as close as he could get without revealing himself. Despite the risk, he would have to go into the open and under the tree to find whoever had been here. There was no point in not preparing first, however. Removing his loincloth, he sent four of his tentacles snaking through the underbrush to surround the tree. A suitable counter-ambush for anyone who tries ambushing me. That done, he stepped out of his hiding place, walked over, and looked up into the tree.

Character listing

Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:02 am

Though I could just barely see his ephemeral form, I could sense his presence below me. Here was my chance, and I would neither hesitate, nor rush. Throwing the handful of mud down, it splattered on him, revealing his location. A split second later, I pounced, aiming a kick at where i projected his head to be. Feeling my foot make contact, I pushed hard off, transferring all my weight into the blow, and jumped back, ready to deal with his retaliation.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:36 am

He hadn't yet seen the opponent when something splattered on him, quickly followed by a heavy strike to his chest. While it didn't harm him, the blow knocked him slightly off balance, and he decided to continue down in the direction he'd been hit rather than try to regain his balance.

A quick glance revealed the stuff splattered on him to simply be mud, probably in an attempt to reveal his location. Apparently, their hiding place worked to hide me from them as well as it hid them from me. Ironic. Looking at his assailant, he found it was the girl he'd been looking for. While he could easily snare her with his hidden tentacles, it was a perfect opportunity to find her motives and test her strength.

"So what, exactly," he asked as he stood up, "brought that on?"

Character listing

Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:09 am

Not waiting for the demon to recover, I aimed another roundhouse kick, my supple body flying through the air, leg extended high above my head. It too glanced off, as the demon crashed too the floor. He may be crafty, but this demon seemed weak. I strode away, my back turned, hips swaying as I walked. "You need to ask?" I mocked, "I'm ridding this island of scum like you."

I turned, eyeing my target. "You'll never touch another woman again, you bastard," I decreed, running to my foe to plant what I believed would be a finishing elbow blow to the head.

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:43 am

He brought up both arms to block the strike, then pushed the girl away. As she stumbled, he sprung to his feet, still uninjured from her attacks. "That's the best you can do? And to think I thought you might actually be a threat to me."

Behind her, the ends of his tentacles rose out of the undergrowth, moving in to ensnare her. Trying to keep her attention on him, Kakumaoh snarled, "My turn now," and rushed at her.

Character listing

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:48 am

He had recovered with astonishing speed. This must have been a ploy to catch me off guard.

As he rushed towards me, I heard a rustle of leaves behind me, confirming my fear of ambush. I dove into a thick shrubbery to my right, for cover, tearing down the middle the soft cotton fabric of my tank top, on some of the branches. From underneath the bushes, I spotted the feet of the demon. I wracked my mind for a plan, but to no avail, I didn't know what I could use against this demon.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:13 am

Kakumaoh managed to stop his rush as the girl dove into a bush. The sudden move had put her in a position where it would be difficult for his tentacles to drag her out. Still, there were other means of getting her out.

Turning towards her hiding place, he moved his tentacles to surround the plant, then thrust one hand into it, feeling around for her.

Character listing

Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:44 am

His hand felt the ground, about three feet to my left, as I lay there under the brush. It felt around the area, clawing, searching. It was only a matter of time before he found me.

Though I was cornered, I wasn't going to give in easily. I recognized an opportunity, and with ferocious speed, aimed a kick with my right leg, trying to hyperextend the monster's elbow.

Feeling my foot make contact, and his arm give way to my foot, I propelled myself to my feet, and rushed in to tackle the monster.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:13 am

The kick caught him off guard, and his elbow naturally bent in the direction she'd kicked, throwing him off balance somewhat. Even as he tried to steady himself, he was ready to snare her with his tentacles when she came out of the bush.

...Except that she came out in the direction he hadn't expected: straight towards him. Not that that was going to help her get away; he let her barrel into him and, as the momentum carried them both down, grabbed her and pressed her against him.

"Not exactly," he said as he stood up, still holding her, "your most sensible move there, foolish little warrior."

Character listing

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:59 am

He picked me up, and pinned my body close to his. In the struggle, my cotton tank top had been ripped from my body, leaving me in my white lace push-up bra. My pert mounds pushed into his chest, my face buried into his shoulder. Wrenching my head away with my neck, I found I had been lifted off the ground. I had expected him to be disoriented after my attack, not suddenly able to retaliate.

I attempted to headbutt him, making contact with his collarbone, causing me to slip a little from his grasp. As my right foot contacted the ground, my head swam from the impact, and though i had slipped from his grasp, I staggered sideways, my head pounding.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next