View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Not so quiet reflection (Keemari) 

Post Not so quiet reflection (Keemari)
It was a quiet afternoon when I got out of my final class for the day, another class I had practically fallen asleep during. Maybe I shouldn't have expected a challenge from the work offered by this school. I suppose I had always been let down by it at every school.

I found me and my oversized uniform; mind you oversized at this school meant it fit properly leaving everything to the imagination. Wandering off by myself into the forest not following any road whatsoever. I ended up in a clearing, a simple one with a broken tree within it; one that had been damaged in the storm of the previous evening. The clearing also seemed full off beatiful flowers. Perhaps I Should explain in more detail some time, but for now lets leave it at I loved botony.

I sat calmly beside the tree gently brushing a flower petal with my indexfinger with a sigh. thoughts of whom and what I had left behind and on the exact terms I had left them. I dosed off from there after a single tear slipped down my cheek.

Time passed and evening drifted in without anyone bothering me in my simple clearing my glasses drifting to the ground.

Alice: Dozen girls, one body
Krystal Neo-cyte; The Chimera Erica Scorned
Jessica The Hunter

Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:36 am

Post Re: Not so quiet reflection (Keemari)
I lean down and stand back up as I take some samples of my flowers as my nose twitches as I go over to the sleeping student. You feel a nudge as you eyes begin to open you believe you see a wolf standing over you a second glance reveals it to be a man with white hair against the background of a dark and star filled sky as I look down at you. "Are you alright?" I ask you as you see me with a bastket of plants and some chemical compounds.

Master Druid of the Berry Lin

My Bio- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=144

If you fancy an RP with my character do not hestitate ask. I'm always free.

Alliance Info- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155

Alliance Membership List- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=576

Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:43 am

Of course I assumed it was a wolf at first but, noticing it stnading on it's hind legs and them bending oddly I knew it couldn't be one. I patted around the ground after hearing the man's voice and slipped them up the bridge of my nose yawning softly before.

"Oh forgive me, Yes I am fine sir. Do hope I didn't intrude on anything of yours."

I began realizing this was a man and one I hadn't met yet, then I suppose that made sense, it was only my first day. I shifted slightly and extremely carefully as I'd push myself to my feet offtening a gentle smile to the seemingly young man with white hair. His skin was too dark for him to be albino but, I decided not to pry about his white hair.

"Forgive me for being Naive but, are there many male teachers on the island?"

it was a guess that he was a professor here; I did hope he didn't mind.

Jessica The Hunter

Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:52 am

I smile at her as she sits up as I back off kneeling next to her. I smile. "Oh no, not at all. I never mind having someone come and observer my work, take it in. After all plants I believe should be observered and enjoyed." I tell you with a smile as I take in this lovley girl.

"Hmmm, oh well I suppose. I'm a sub here. It's how I keep myself on the Island. My true calling is botany and this island provides me an ample large scale lab that I can perfom many experiments in and around." I tell you with a smile. "My name is Keemari, what's yours?" I ask offering my hand.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:01 am

"Oh I see, a simple backup. Well then still I'm sure you're very good at what you do Mr. Keemari."

I offered just the usual kindly smile to him as I looked around the clearing. I didn't say my thoughts on his views of botany given I was sure this man would think me insane given I barely knew him.

"Oh yes forgive me I'm Erica Riley, no doubt you've heard of me somewhere before in some damn newspaper or something."

My voice had taken a deep turn to a depressed one; I honestly wished people didn't know who the fuck I was when I said my name. It was very horribly I have to admit being seen as some brain and nothing more by everyone I met.

Jessica The Hunter

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:10 am

"..." When I hear that part about being in a newspaper and such... I rub the back of my head. "Ha, ha, ha sorry, don't mean to offend but no. I've never heard of you. I've been on this Island for nearly 5 years or so getting my research into order and such before heading back. I was planning for this to be a ten year stay on my part." I tell you.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:12 am

It clicked in my head there just then that this man didn't know me... had no idea whatsoever that I was the person with the highest intellectual quotent ever on record.

Alright don't blow this Erica, you might be able to make a friend for once!

was what ran through my mindas I'd laugh softly in reply to him finally.

"Ohh that's no problem at all, I don't take much stake about what the papers say about me or anything. I'd much rather those things not exist at all."

I smiled brightly to him as I brushed a little of my hair out of my eyes then straightening my skirt and blouse a little I'd continue.

"So this is you're personal expe4riment the hybrids I've seen in this clearing then?"

Jessica The Hunter

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:20 am

"This is experiment 314A of mine. THe flowers here are meant to enrich the land after a single stay. Then by slowly removing them and planting something new the ones left over will continue to enrich the soil so that farm land will not need time to recover in poor times and you won't have to overwork the soil at all." I explain it to you.

I then smile at her. "Do you have an intreast in botany. This is only one of many such experiments I have." I tell you.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:25 am

"Botany? Well, Yes in fact I do. It's one of my favorite hobbies to cross breed plants for various purposes. I do hate dangerous failures though... it hurts too much when you're forced to eliminate them..."

I practically whimpered at my own words though I over came it and looked on at him.

"You must have a great deal of experiments, perhaps someday I could see some more of them. of course for now perhaps this clearing will suffice."

Jessica The Hunter

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:37 am

I join you with your mourning. "Yes indeed. To get rid of them is so hard. THat's why I go through a process of heritage breeding. When a plant doesn't perform what I want I instand make a new plant through selective gentic and carefully manpulation so that when I cross the two the selective traits will merge and make a stronger and better plant... That's at least what I try." I tell you.

I then move my hand to your shoulder carressing it a bit. "Hmmm, well if you want to I'm always free to show off my work, but I assure you. It will blow away anything you know of botany. When my work hits the scene in five years it will be explosive." I tell you.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:44 am

"I can already tell you're far more advanced in your technique than I am, I don't even know where I'd begin with genetic splicing and manipulati... wait a moment, you're using theoretical science to hybridize your plants?! how on earth did you manage to avoid the complete genetic breakdown let alone get viable offspring?"

I was intrigued by this man's methods now, Could this man be a recluse working only for the urge of working rather than to impress his peers? Well I know now he was far more than that.

"It's just amazing! I have to learn it, I might be able to develop my PECO plant if I knew this!"

Jessica The Hunter

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:50 am

"To avert a complete gentic breakdown requires a very specific set of varibles and timing inseration. Via my own personal research and theroies now proven. Most of which that I will publish after my ten years, since I enjoy the work greatly but if I don't share it how will man kind advance along with me." I tell you with a smile.

"Also what do you man a PECO?" I ask you as I stare directly into your eyes. This girl was intriquing she was keeping up with my advanced therioes a bit, considering how far behind humans were in this science.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:57 am

"PECO is an acronym, Perpertual Energy Conduction Organizm. A bit of a pet project of mine, I have the theory that if I combine certain animal genetics from a mix of bioluminecense of certain squid and bio-electical properties of the electric eel with a hybridized rose dandilion I could create a beautiful plant that could replace oil and nuclear based power sources..."

I explained as simply as I could.

"Well my pet botanical project anyway..."

I finished my sentence deciding not to go into my more advanced tech projects that could be finished after I saw this one come into fruition.

"I'm a bit of an inventor..."

Jessica The Hunter

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:02 am

"Its shows." I telll you as I then smile. "And a very cute one too. I bet you were the hearthrob of so many before you came to an all girl school." I telll you as you said that. Hmmm, she is quite advanced after all, and she's trying to reach into terrioty that was only recently achieved by my peers back on my home world. With there level of tech and research I doubt she could do it... however with some help from me...

"Well I'd be willing to help. How much I show you depends after all. I mean can't give out all our secrets unless we really trust the other person right?" I ask you.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:07 am

"Heart throb? Oh no never, far from it in fact. Most people considered me Insane."

Which was true, they all considered me Crazy for my improbable ideas and odd long winded explinations of various theories and how to make them work... They never thought that of Lady Vulpes of course... but as far as everyone I knew as erica was conserned, she was a different person.

"insane and very plain of course."

I pause a great deal surprised at his offer to assist me in my little project. I smiled brightly at that though wondered what it would take for him to trust me. I decided to wait for him to continue

Jessica The Hunter

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next