View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Examination #0938 - Ishtar Denise Rocha 

Post Examination #0938 - Ishtar Denise Rocha
Huntmistress Mirria walked calmly down the path leading into the forest. She made no attempt to conceal herself, and in fact walked past small groups of students. She even waved to them, and they waved back. 'There are none as blind as those who do not see.' The illusion that Mirria had created around herself meant that she looked like just another student. A tall and lanky one, but she looked perfectly human never less. Her white hair remained, and its length was the same. Mirria had been taught that the less you changed the stronger the illusion, and knew that you only ever created illusions as focused as possible.

The main reason she was walking so openly was her school uniform, an actual uniform that had been fitted to her just as it had been to every other student, it allowed her to move seen, but unnoticed. And that meant getting closer to the blue haired student picked out by Spire Lady Misralla as something worth assessing.

That student was standing at the entrance to the path. The two had met, seemingly by chance, at lunch. Since Mirria had already studied Ishtar's records the two had got along quite well, and when Mirria had invited Ishtar to join her for a brief afternoon walk she had agreed. And now, after class had finished for the day and with Girran and Misralla waiting, it was time to see just how much this student would be worth, and just how much potential she had.

As Ishtar spotted her Mirria waved and let a smile spread on her face. Glad you decided to join me, all set to go?

The Midrozi are currently prowling the space lanes, and their survey team on Shokushu are evaluating the various students.

For a list of my chars go to here

I'm always up for a scene (well unless I'm already flat out of course) and don't hesitate to pm me if you would be interested in one

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:23 am

Post Re: Examination #0938 - Ishtar Denise Rocha
Ishtar smiled as she got out of her last class. She was going to meet up with her new friend Mirria. The two had met at lunch, when Mirria was looking for a spot to sit down and enjoy her meal. The tall white haired student instantly struck a conversation. Very rapidly the two got along quite well and decided they would meet after school to get know each other better.

Ishtar didn't even bother to change clothes as she headed to the agreed area to begin to walk, she simply showed up in her school uniform with long blue hair blowing in the breeze. Today was going to be a special day, she could feel it. As Ishtar two the area she could see Mirria waving to her. I happy to be here, Mirria. So shall we start our walk.

I love to RP!! Please PM me, if you are interested!

Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:36 am

Yep! The reply was bright and cheerful, with a touch of a melodic tone that made her words almost sound as if they had been sung. A natural trait, and one that was very hard to conceal. The Jarri language itself was considered quite beautiful by most races, and the Jarri's vocal chords were constructed in such a way that even when speaking other races languages they always sounded sweet.

Mirria led the way up the path, checking her pace to ensure that Ishtar did not have to hurry to keep up. Mirria would draw Ishtar further along this path, and eventually they would run into the spot she had picked out earlier to launch their ambush from. But that was still some time away, and since part of the assessment was intelligence she might as well assess that as much as she could while they were walking towards the trap.

Hey Ishtar ... enjoying yourself here at Shokushu?

The Midrozi are currently prowling the space lanes, and their survey team on Shokushu are evaluating the various students.

I'm always up for a scene (well unless I'm already flat out of course) and don't hesitate to pm me if you would be interested in one

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:19 am

Ishtar smiled at the bright and cheerful reply why her white-haired friend. It was that melodic tone that Mirria responded that Ishtar found most fascinating. Some like that had to be a natural singer and probably had a beautiful voice. Maybe Ishtar could convince her to enjoy join the chorus as they continued their walk.

Yes I am. School has been challenging but I think I am doing pretty well. However I have made quite a few friends from the around the world and I wouldn't trade it from anyone. How about yourself?

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:39 am

Mirria smiled back at Ishtar at her reply, and almost chuckled when Ishtar said she had made a few friends from around the world. Considering what else lived here, and the fact that Ishtar was highly regarded amongst the various monsters, Mirria found those words, spoken so innocently, quite funny. The school work has been OK, but I really prefer music class. And there are certainly a large variety of interesting people here, and a number of the students are quite fun. You mentioned that you have found school to be challenging, any subjects in particular and what sort of marks do you average?

Mirria knew she would have to walk a fine line between friendly question and an examination. She only had finite time, and as such had to be as complete as possible. But if Ishtar wondered if there was another motive behind the questions that was more than simple friendly curiosity it would make everything so much harder.

Exactly the sort of challenge that Mirria most enjoyed. A physical hunt no longer held much challenge, but a mental one like this was still fun. Even better was the fact Mirria would get to watch Misralla examine her, and prove the dominance of the Midrozi over an alien, over an animal.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:37 am

Ishtar was happy to see her new acquittance smile, it showed that the two were getting along pretty well. I love music class as well. Overall I am doing very well in most of my subjects. The only classes that give trouble is science classes, and that because you have to follow all these procedures to get your results. Its kinda boring. Still I can manage a B if a try hard enough. How are you doing in your classes.

This was great, Mirria also liked music. Things were going so well, Ishtar didn't even notice that they moving further from campus. Ishtar's memory issues meant that she didn't remember much about her encounters away from campus, but she normally was a bit hesitant to head out away from the campus. However Mirria was doing an excellent job of disarming Ishtar's natural fears.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Very good, if she could get a B in the only class she disliked and got trouble from that spoke volumes for her intelligence, even with the disability of her memory problem. That problem itself was a minus to her value, such a flaw would have to be fixed before sale. But it was only a small one, and easily off-set by other properties. If she so chose to Misralla could fix it within a few minutes. But for the duration of her stay at Shokushu, it was a bonus not a hindrance.

Well ... enough. I generally average Cs in most of my classes, with music and biology being the only exceptions. And in them both only in certain areas. Music whenever I have to use my voice, and in Biology whenever the topic is the nervous system of something. And I almost forgot P.E. which I usually do quite well in, at least in pracs involving agility or speed rather than strength. All true, or would be if Mirria actually attended classes. A deception was always more effective the more truthful it was.

They were slowly moving out further and further away. A couple more questions and they would be out of earshot of the campus building, a couple more after that and they would be at the ambush site. Mirria didn't show her growing anticipation of course, she was far too skilled to do a mistake so basic.

So what do you do in your spare time? What are your hobbies? Are you part of any clubs? Each question was separated by a pause, and the moment Ishtar provided the answer the next question was asked.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:01 am

Ishtar thought about each question. Well, I guess I spend most of my time practicing my singing and trying on different outfits to see how they look. As for clubs I am in three. I am in a book reading club, the theatre club, and of course chorus. I also hope I can join the volleyball team, if I do well enough.

Ishtar continued to follow her new friend further away from the campus. The questions had kept her occupied and she had her own she would like to ask. So what do you when your not studying? Are you in any clubs? If not would you like to join the chorus club, I think you like it alot.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:01 am

Mirria smiled at Ishtar warmly, or at least the illusion did. You would do well in Volley Ball, I'm sure of it. As for me ... I have a few friends I usually spend my free time with. As for clubs ... I'm not part of any, and I find that large groups of people singing the same song at the same tune only really works if they are of roughly the same skill. In very small groups having a variation in skill works well, in larger ones ... not so well. You mentioned you liked singing? Could you sing a short tune just off the top of your head? If you do I'll sing one of mine afterwards.

Keep her talking, keep her distracted, keep her focused on something else. The principle of any trap, any ambush, was the same. Blind them to the environment around them, and keep them distracted, and a properly planned and executed ambush left your prey with no chance of escape, or even realising the ambush had been sprung until they were already caught in it. And judging by the way Ishtar was acting ... Mirria would bet that she wasn't watching the surroundings at all. With any other Midrozi providing the ambush force she would have worried that they might give it away ... but she knew that the Battle Lord Girran would not make such a mistake.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:09 am

Um...okay. I can think a tune real quick. It was an odd request especially out away from the campus and an audience, but she had weirder requests from other friends. At the few requests she remembered. She decided on a simple song from the play Aida that she always wanted to sing but didn't get a chance to play.

So Ishtar began to sing for her audience of one, not realizing that her own song was being used to stall for time as Mirria led her into the ambush.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:25 am

Mirria listened as Ishtar started to sing, not recognising the tune. But than again ... one did not have to know the tune, or even the words, of a good singer to appreciate their skill. Ishtar was good enough ... well for a human. She might even be able to say a couple of the more basic root words in Jarri.

When Ishtar finished Mirria smiled warmly at her. Your good ... and now it's my turn I believe.

Mirria started to sing. The song was Jarri, as were all the words. It was actually a song of joy, of celebration. Although Ishtar wouldn't understand a word of what Mirria sung, she would feel the tone, the underlying meaning. That would be enough.

As the song drew to a close Mirria regarded the woods around them subtly. They were almost their, a few more steps and it would spring. What do you think?

Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:31 am

Ishtar clapped as Mirria finished her song. Ishtar didn't understand a single word of the song, but it sounded so joyful and so perfect. Wow, that was amazing, Mirria. Are you sure you won't reconsider about choir. I think you would be a perfect addition with your voice. By the way, what language was that in. I didn't recognize the language.

By now even Ishtar had realized that the two of them were deep in the woods. Even with Mirria by her side, the blue haired student was feeling uneasy being this deep in the woods. It felt like someone was watching the two, watching and observing. Still her friend seemed to be unfased by their surroundings and Ishtar didn't want to spook her...

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:55 am

Mirria offered Ishtar a shy smile at her statement. I'm sure ... you see I have a confession to make. I don't tend to get along with other students much and they never seem to like me. All of them start out all nice, but very quickly their opinion changes. Mirria pouts, clearly upset. As for the language ... it isn't really one. I find if you want the most out of your voice you should ignore languages and just make up your own words and sounds that express what you want your song to be.

Mirria took one last step before her gaze swept the forest around them. However unlike Ishtar's gaze, which was concerned, Mirria's was curious. Woah! Those are really rare! Mirria points towards a vine creeping up around a tree with vibrant red leaves. She steps towards the vine and tentatively reaches for it. Just look at it! I've been to the forest a number of times but this is the first time I've ever seen this outside a book! Mirria's enthusiasm is designed to draw Ishtar towards the 'vine'. In reality it is a cleverly designed cord laced with an aerial dispersion drug. It hadn't been tested on humans, well at least unmodified or conditioned humans, before. It should fog her mind, make it hard for her to make out shapes, or voices that clearly. This would be a good field test of the drug. They did have an antidote on hand so if they needed to test something on Ishtar undrugged they could do so.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 am

Ishtar smiled back. Well, you seem to get along with me just fine, so I think with some work we can get you a steady group of friends. Ishtar giggled a bit trying to disarm her white haired friend. Her voice was simply amazing and should be shared with the world not just with Ishtar.

Suddenly Mirria pointed out a rare vine with the brightest red leaves she had ever seen. Ishtar moved over a bit closer to take a close at what had gotten her fellow student attention. As she leaned closer to take a better look, a red mist suddenly sprayed into her face. Ishtar immediately stumbled back with her hands on her eyes.

Ahhhh!!! My face!!! What is going on? As Ishtar took hands away from her eyes, she realized all she could was blobs of color there was little she could make out except the sky and the ground. She struggled to even remain standing...

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Ishtar! Are you OK? How do you feel? Mirria's voice was alarmed and urgent ... and for the first time her emotions weren't faked. She needed her to answer this question, while they could determine the effect with machines actually asking her was easily the fastest way. But Mirria only had a few seconds to ask Ishtar before all Ishtar would start to hear was unintelligible sounds. Once that happened she wouldn't understand anything that was said, and would struggle to see. If her body had lost any of its responsiveness would soon be tested, although not by Mirria.

Unnoticed by Ishtar, considering her drugged state an act that wasn't very hard, Mirria's two companions stepped out of their concealment in the trees and walked silently towards Ishtar and Mirria. For the moment they stayed out of her perception, letting the drug work its way properly through her system. It was only short lasting, but with Misralla here by the time it wore off if Ishtar had any control left from the pleasure Mirria would be very impressed.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next