View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Family Reunion (for Elise) 

Post Family Reunion (for Elise)
He "heard" what his node had told him telepathically about the new student that it had been scanning, drudging through her memories while in Elise's mind.

How interesting, he had thought, that one possessed of greater than average intelligence shrugged off such an ability through down playing her own smarts to better fit in. Humans were a strange lot and while he had believed that he had understood them something else had cropped up telling him how wrong he had been. He had not understood the motion of fitting in, then again he did not know the feelings of peer pressure or have the need to fit in to any form of society, even his own.

That had been what had lead him to his exile of course and while he pondered how best to lay his trap he gave matters a little thought thinking that since she had been an experienced student she had been likely to have been assaulted in the past and thus probably had a precaution or two in mind or rather had been weary of leaving the safety of the school and surrounding terrain.

Using his node as a conduit he launched his own telepathic powers against her unprotected mind. Seeing her past he analyzed her memories, finding out that she had been attacked before but that hadn't been what he had looked for. Rather he had looked through the files of her mind to her childhood.

An older sister ... he pondered the fact that she had been much older than her and even went to Shokushu. A missing sister in fact ...

He had wondered what had happened to her. Either she was working with the ADD somewhere or had been made a sex slave to a being much like himself. He thought about using that, his mind focused on learning what he could about Rebecca then sent his node to her dorm room.

There it had projected an illusionary script upon the floor, the parchment on the floor. Illusionary words in a flowing script. He figured that if the piece of script had been vague that it was likely to catch Elise's eye if not curiosity.

Hey, Elise!

It's been awhile and I had wished to contact you sooner but things sort of cropped up that I hadn't counted on for quiet some time now. Long story short, I'm back now. You wouldn't imagine the sorts of things I discovered about the school. Anyway, met me at 5ish tonight about 4 miles from the beach. Along the coast is a forest about a mile from the shore (you'll see it) anyway there's a trial there that leads to some old stones, possibly a building at one time or another. Near there is a cave I have to show you, though I'll meet you there sis.

Love,
Rebecca

He had figured that that would at least perk her curiosity without revealing all that much, he already going to the location in question knowing that his slow locomotion across land would impede his speed and thus slow him down if he were going to make any sort of rendez-vous.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:18 am

Post Re: Family Reunion (for Elise)
It's a trap. It's got to be a trap. That's the first thing she thought when she was the note, and despite running the scenario through her head dozens upon dozens of times, it's the only conclusion she could continually reach with any sense of reason. A clumsy, oafish, childish trap at that. But she kept pacing her room, kept referring back to the letter, pondering over it. If she walks asked, she couldn't tell why she does what she does. She's a smart girl, way too clever for ploys like this, but maybe she'd never be able to get the thought of what could have been (however slim a possibility) out of her mind if she didn't at least try. Maybe, loathe as she'd be to admit it, her sister's disappearance is the one thing that's haunted her consistently since she was a child, an undue sense of failure that continued to haunt her after learning the horrors her sister must have faced years before her. So she goes. She feels miserable and idiotic, but she goes.

By nightfall she's slipped into comfortable clothes for navigating the wilderness of the island: squeezed into a tight pair of jeans, running shoes, a black hooded jacket pulled over a long sleeve and a tee, hood pulled up for anonymity. Weapons are hard to come by in Shokushu but she does have the foresight to pick through her meager stash, settling finally on a sharpened steak knife poached from the cafeteria. Slipping it into the belt of her jeans, she locks her door behind her and disappears out into the dusk, to follow the trail.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:07 am

The node remained hidden in the dorm room, eyes upon the pacing girl as she continually checked the letter. She entertained doubts, doubts that it had relayed back to Aegir. He had also warned him that she had taken the precaution through arming herself.

Aegir had expected as much and while he had no real reason to fear a piercing blade given his powers of recuperation he had not placed it past her to blind him temporarily until the organs of his eyes healed so forewarned is best seeing that any knowledge had been good to have.

Reaching the ruined walls of some out post or settlement Aegir masked himself with an illusion of Rebecca. He had never found out the purposes of the place, especially since he had learned that this planet, that Shokushu had been uninhabited in its past so it had been somewhat of a mystery that he had not yet thrown himself into learning about yet.

Dressed in a black shirt and sleeveless black top he generated an illusion upon his left leg making it a hideous purplish bruise that had taken up most of a thigh. It served to mask his slow movement if he had been pressed to answer given an explanation of sorts.

And with night there had been a chill in the air, not much of one but one nonetheless.

Trap set he had only to wait for Elise to spring it.

Character Listing

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:48 am

She proceeds through the grounds of Shokushu. This late, the campus is desolate, the innocents comfortably tucked away from the cold in their beds, the victims too terrified to venture out into the night. Elise is alone as she walks briskly through the pristinely manicured lawn of the quad, out further, where the weeds grow thick and scratch at her calves, giving way to trees and dense overgrowth, as the wilderness beyond takes over and she steps into the remnants of something... ancient. The weathered, broken remnants of old statuary are scattered through the growth, lost and battered relics of artistry that was never human, scattered bricks and bones peeking through the weeds. She comes finally upon the old building mentioned in the note, or what remains of it. It resembles a wheelhouse of sorts but it's hard to say, most of the building ripped apart by the ravages of time until all that remains are two half-existent brick walls and the dangerous remnants of overhang. The sky is bruised a purple and she has to squint to make out the silhouette of a shadow.

Her eyes are narrowed, foalish, cautious step as she slowly makes her way towards the figure. She's recognizable, despite the years, despite El's being a baby when Kate was still around, to the figure she remembers from the photos. Her palm squeezes tight to the knife as her other pulls the jacket tight around herself against the cold. She keeps her distance, voice raised above the wind, eyes narrowed, tone skeptical and sharpened with rage. "What are you really!?"

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:25 am

Aegir paused in his strides forward, he could sense the doubt radiating off of Elise as fingers curled about the handle of the knife. He could see the blade of course though he had felt it, knowing about it through the warning instilled by his node and of course his own mental prowess.

He had wondered why she had come out here if she suspected a trap though she came here. It had not taken the knowledge he possessed from all the minds that he had consumed in his day. He figured it out readily enough. She had been curious. The risk being worth it if the matter had only a sliver of truth to it.

"Elise, sis, it's me! It's Rebecca!" She waved her out stretched hands in front of her as if begging for her life as if the had been weilding a gun in her hands.

Character Listing

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:26 am

"Bull. Shit." Eyes flash brightly across the gap. She doesn't proceed any closer, even as her fingers strum along the hilt of the knife. Hair dances in her eyes, at the mercy of the light breeze. "I've dealt with the gauntlet of horror you monsters have put me through, day in and day out, for over a year now. But this. This is crossing a line." She sneers. The tail of the jacket flaps in the breeze, licking hungrily at shapely thighs.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:50 am

"And just suppose this is some facade then why had you come?" The question passed out of her lips as Rebecca held her ground. Neither moving any closer or back as if she had felt that doing so may alarm Elise. "I came to tell you were I've been over all this time ... I can't warn you, it's much to late for that, but I can at least give you some details, details that you probably don't have."

Character Listing

Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:50 am

"Sounds unlikely. But keep talking...." She growls, holding her ground, but her hand shakes visibly at her side. Eyes roam curiously over the other girl's body, but she's skeptical. She'd have to be dumb not to be, watching for any sign of movement, any reason to bolt back for the dorms.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:12 pm

Aegir didn't give her any cause to reactive, however. At least not yet. He could see he hands shaking at her side while his mind feed upon her thoughts sensing that she had been on the verge of triggering her flight mechanism.

While he had known that she had was quicker than him he had also known how to mitigate that advantage in the event that she took off. He smiled wearily at her for a moment then slipped into speaking with her.

"I'm too late to tell you much about the denizens of the island. Few encounter them though those that to ..." Rebecca's voice trailed off as she shook her head as if banishing some foul memory. Then she blurted out with the following. "Shokushu ... its not on Earth ... your no longer there. Remember the plane ride to the island? Well during it you and your class had lost consciousness getting here ..."

Character Listing

Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:05 pm

"No shit?" Yeah. Her voice just drips sarcasm. "I figured as much." Alright, that's not entirely true, but she had suspicions to that effect. One of her earliest offensives was an attempt to map out the school. Know your battlefield and all that. It wasn't long before they realized just how very.... non-traditional... Shokushu's geography was; like living in a Lovecraftian Klein bottle. This feels like a lure. She wants to go in slashing and fuck the high chances of failure, but right now she needs information, so she pushes that rage down. If it's a monster, well, it appears willing to use information as bait, in which case she can separate the wheat from the chaff at a later date. If it's not.... Forget that. She's not going to get her hopes up. She continues to watch warily, refusing to give up the distance between her and the other woman, the only real advantage she has, and apparently the leverage she needs to keep "Rebecca" talking.

"So tell me something I don't know."

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:10 am

"But did you know what happens on graduation?" she returned with a raised brow and small smirk that had been so characteristic of her, well at least as far as Elise knew since these thoughts had been coming from her mind. Sure they had been modified some, Rebecca had been older for one thing and changed slightly at Aegir's discression who generated a pink streak in her hair and a nose ring to boot. Things had not been exactly the same given the lapse in time since they had last met.

Folding her arms across her chest beneath her ample breasts she just shook her head slightly. "I hadn't thought so. You can't go back. Not for lack of trying but their are other denziens that wait for such a time and attack vessels. Slavers. Some are rescued, some aren't. I had been amongst those that had been rescued.

"There's an organization ... the ADD that fights the very beings on this island and of course these slavers. When your rescued you really have no choice ... settle on a planet in the quadrant or join up and get to kick some alien tale as pay back."

She gestured behind her nonchalantly at nothing inparticular. "The ADD set up a library of sorts here, treasty of dealing with this monster and that. How best to avoid one, how best to combat another based on combat with them and observation. They also compiled a great deal of the occult based off these creatures. At one time they had been spread across the island to assist the girls here, but as he already know fighting back is an issue since weapons here are makeshift at best."

Character Listing

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:33 pm

"You don't look like you've been rescued," She replies, smarmy. "You look like you've got it worse than I do. All this shit you're talking sounds like fairy tales to me." There's a pause as she seems to mull it over, frown crinkling pretty features. "I'm going to need this library before I'm inclined to even begin to believe anything you're saying to me."

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:26 pm

She grinned, "you don't know the half of it ..." her voice tapered off then came back. "Yes, of course. This way, follow me." She stated as she turned her back to Elise as she began picking through the darkness towards the cave where the library had been.

Character Listing

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:55 pm

"Said the spider to the fly..." she sneers. She doesn't budge, stalwartly in place even as the other woman turns away. "Let me guess. You're an ancient rapist warrior who's ghost is tethered to his body and can't leave the cave under demand of ancient curse. Or maybe you're the cave itself, personified and hungry for nubile girl flesh. Or maybe this is all a dream and the cave is my subconscious, and my subconscious just wants me to get raped." She glowers, narrow. "I'm not that dumb to walk into a trap.... and it's getting dark..."

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:20 am

"All interesting ... nevertheless none of it is true but if it does appease your mind then come back in the morning when you have greater daylight. Or don't come back at all, the choice is yours. I merely can present you with matters and give you a reason for being away though I can understand why you would distrust me. I could give you directions to the cave and stay here, singing or some such so you know where I am so you can check out the cave and it's contents though I suppose if I go with your theory about being the cave then there is really no safety there unless I get something out of it and bring it here so that you might trust me."

He had scanned her mind as if to get a better gauge of her thoughts.

Character Listing

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next