View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Crate (for Tatiana) 

Post Re: The Crate (for Tatiana)
”permanência seria muito estúpido... Alright so should we walk further down the beach then? Until the crate is out of view I mean.”
it did sound like she wanted to take care of the flamingo though and, I really wouldn't mind doing that normally, I also didn't want to get in trouble. I knew I couldn't live with myself if I didn't try to help the sweet bird out. I nodded a little bit to her.

”the bird... I guess we could go into the forest and try to find one of those ponds I keep hearing about that are on the island. It probably won't go too far from there since there'll be food and plenty to drink there, then we can do whatever.”
I watched the bird now as it moved toward the forest I offered a soft call to it in simple words, not condescending at all though.

”<hey come back, we've decided to help you find a place to stay!>”
I thought I saw something in the forest but, decided that it was probably just a figment of my imagination, nothing more than a little matrix of the leaves and branches messing with my brain.

Tatiana Azevedo: Bibliophile, Paper mistress & holder of the gift of gab

Raven, magus of life

Mon May 09, 2011 12:08 am

Aegir reached out, psychic tendrils finding their way in Tatiana and Brie's head as he discrened the path of their thoughts/ Should they move out he didn't want them going too far seeing that he was slow moving but his fun could end prematurely if the pair suspected anything thus he had to alter their perceptions even greater than he was already doing with the bird to make it appear that they were traveling.

"Yeah, that works if we go further down the beach," Brie returned. "If anyone finds us and the bird we can just say it came out of the woods or something, such as we don't know where it came from."

The flamingo turned back towards Tatiana as she addressed it. "Excent! Then I can explore this island a bit further with your assistance though I have to ask, there, in the woods, there appears to be bones, what are there in ways of predators on this island?

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Mon May 09, 2011 4:23 am

I heard what the flamingo had said and just looked over as best I could. There were bones that was for sure. I didn't know what to say to be honest. I pulled a piece of paper from my holster and toyed with it in my hand idly.
<”Uhm... as far as I know there aren't any other big animals here, nothing bigger than an insect anyway probably brought to the island with the trees and plants. Oh by the way do you have a name?”>

My hand ran through my hair and I began to wonder what those bones could possibly have been from but, I didn't want to go look I just gestured for the bird to continue following me and brie as we moved on. I didn't alert brie to the bones, or tried not to anyway.
”We need a name to call this bird I think, just bird seems very lazy to me.”
I laughed a little to myself at that as I continued with Brie waiting with a smile for her to respond.... until I tripped over my own feet landing face first in the sand.

Raven, magus of life

Wed May 11, 2011 11:52 pm

"Names ... The bird seemed confused as he mulled the question over. He followed suit ignoring the bones for the most part though looking back at them once or twice as if he were trying to get a better look. He then looked at her as dawning finally hit him.

"Oh, a means of telling one another apart? A human quality it seems, individuality isn't as big of a concern amongst us. About all we need too convey to one another are simple concepts like safe, food or danger. We are simple creatures for the most part though I must say that this is probably the longest conversation that I've had.

Brie looked back wondering what was so funny. She was just about to laugh when she burst out laughing at Tatiana as she tripped. "Are you alright?" She asked when she was able to control herself, offering out a hand to her to help her up to her feet.

[b]Oh my ... nothing bigger then an insect?[b] The flamingo questioned as he looked towards the tree line.

Character Listing

Thu May 12, 2011 12:36 am

I took brie's hand and stood dusting the sand off myself looking down sighing slightly at a small hole in my shirt, a small sharp rock was in the sand where I fell, it didn't cut me as far as I could tell anyhow.
I smiled and nodded to Brie

”Yeah, tore one of my favorite tops though, this one was so soft and fit so well too. Anyway, know anywhere on the island we could take the bird? You've probably explored more than me.”
it was disappointing but, I could always get it fixed, a lot of girls knew how to sew here I looked to the flamingo again curious why it didn't hgave a name, i'd spoken to a lot of animals that had names before, even another flamingo, mind you never a chillean like this but, still it caught me as odd. I decided to shrug off the feeling as an oddity with this one's flock.

Raven, magus of life

Thu May 12, 2011 12:56 am

Brie considered for a moment, glad of course that her friend hadn't hurt herself even if she was a bit of a klutz there. "I think I know ... no, wait a lot of girls go there. I, no that won't work either. Hm ... I got it. There are some caves not too far from here that I don't think anyone messes around with. I don't think many know of them either and their near a pond too so it should be buggy enough in that area to cover food."

She looked at the bird as it squawked unknown to her that it was relaying something.

"There are tracks over there by those trees. Perhaps made by an animal the size of a small dog." It scanned the region and looked into the trees. "I see nothing unusual from here though."

Character Listing

Thu May 12, 2011 1:07 am

”Caves huh? Sounds good to me.”
I glanced to the flamingo and just offered a very obvious gesture that screamed 'I dunno, maybe.' before I took one more glance over at the forest edge, I thought I saw something but, I blinked and whatever I thought i'd seen was gone. I guess I should've been wearing my glasses or contacts or something I decided to ask brie, it was bothering me a bit.
”Hey, you ever see any animal or anything on the island when you've walked around. I mean bigger than a bug... or maybe seen something that just didn't seem right out of the corner of your eye?”
I tried to sound light hearted, I was thinking that maybe I was just a little bit off from aclimating to the island still. I was still pretty new here.

Raven, magus of life

Sat May 21, 2011 7:40 am

"Come to think of it, no," Brie answered though at this stage her eyes drifted in Tatania's direction at the forest. She scanned the terrain as if looking for something out of place. "Now that you mention it I don't recall seeing even a bird in all my time here, present company excluded of course,

"There have been times where I got the feeling of being watched but I never thought anything of it assuming it was nothing but my own paranoia since nothing did happen, oh my ..."

She focused on a particular tree, pointing with a finger at something that seemed to be in the tree branches that had been fairly well camoflauged. Looking at it Tatiana could see a long, thin shape coiled around a tree branch, a serpent of somekind.

"A snake?"

Character Listing

Sat May 21, 2011 2:37 pm

I looked where Brie pointed and sure enough, even if I didn't think i'd see anything, there was something there that I hadn't noticed before, or maybe I had noticed it and my mind thought it had been something else. A nod to brie and I gestured slightly in a forward motion.
”yeah looks like it, maybe poisonous, we should leave it alone and go to that cave I think.”

even if it wasn't poisonous or a snake, I didn't want to know what it was, it could probably get me in more trouble than I was already in with the bird I was helping lead to a place for it to stay. I took a couple steps and offered a smile to my friends, both human and other for now.

((i can't believe how off my game i've been lately))

Raven, magus of life

Thu May 26, 2011 7:58 am

Good eye. Brie had seen him or a portion of him anyway for she had mistakenly confused one of his elongated tentacles as a snake rather than what it actually was. Thankfully she used Akham's razor here, it was easier to believe that she was looking at a snake then to thing she was looking at some monstrosit out to have a little amusement at their expense.

But he recovered quickly. The bird gazed in that direction briefly. No, it is the real colorful ones that tend to be poisonous as a general rule. There are some though that don't fall into that easy catogory but either way you are correct, we shouldn't mess around with potentially dangerous things.

They continued on a short ways unaware that Aegir had been manipulating the sensation of time. Little time appeared to have past but in truth it was a lot longer due to the fact that it took him a lot longer to ooze forward that same distance.

He was on the ground now, hidden in the foliage as the trio arrived at a set of caves near a small pool in the center of this hilly area. There were three caves to choose from, and in truth the area seemed rather pleasant.

Aegir watched on from concealment, gauging the next move of the girls and his own based off of what they intended to do. Yes, he could feel their thoughts flowing into his mind, they were nonethewiser, not realizing just how close they were to danger.

[Quiet alright, I'm having fun with things and hopefully you can breakthrough things and be back on track]

Character Listing

Thu May 26, 2011 8:33 pm

Didn't say a word and I just followed, looking over to the flamingo from time to time to make sure it was still following. We came to a set of caves and a pool eventually; don't know how long it was, I always lost track of time if no one told me it was moving; chances are I'd lose months at a time, didn't know it but, part of being an undying human universal translator meant losing the ability to feel the flow of time, was a bit of a bother when you're trying to pass classes.

”So should we just leave our pink friend here Brie?”
didn't know what else to say, really it seemed like a simple matter, didn't have any fear of what could be in the caves either; was weird, never felt so brave before in my life or at least never had a reason to notice.

”I'm fine no matter what you wanna do Brie.”
still felt like we were being watched and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't lose the feeling I glanced over my shoulder and just around the general area; still saw nothing,
maybe i'll go see the school psychiatrist, starting to be um maluco paranóico...”

Raven, magus of life

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:09 am

Slowly Aegir slithered out of the tree, his flesh camoflauged with the terrain as he slowly crept along the ground taking care not to make any noise by rustling the leaves and brush as he went. He was aware that Tatiana seemed to be on edge, the other, Brie, seemed calmer and far more oblivious to the danger that awaited her.

He studied Tatiana and while he was aware that she had not seen anything out of the ordinary though his gifting he was pleased that she was more alert than her companion, what fun it would be seeming that if she was unexpecting of anything happening it would be too easy.

Brie considered the question that had been posed to her. She glanced around considering the bird's safety and predators but seemed put at ease. She had not recalled ever seeing even a small rodent here and had been confident that there were no predators to worry about.

Instinctively she looked toward the cave then the pool. If the were a predator her this would make a decent lair she thought. "I guess we should check out the cave, all we'd have to do really is just step inside the mouth of it to see if we pick up an animal smell to see if anything has been living here though I can not ever remember seeing a large animal here so it should be all clear."

Character Listing

Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2