View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dark Spirits in the woods (Kryas) 

Post Dark Spirits in the woods (Kryas)
Brianna looked around the forest scanning the trees from left to right she noticed nothing out of the ordinary. Closing her eyes she concentrated on the darkness around the forest, still she felt nothing out of the ordinary. For the past two days a starange energy had been radiating from the forest. Naturally she wanted to know what it was packing a small bag full of instruments she would need to summon or protect herself from this strange energy she had set off. Now she was stuck here in this forest. Cursing her bad luck she lashed out at a tree calling upon the shadows and made deep gashes in the tree. Shit! I'm stuck in this god forsaken forest alone and completely lost.

Suddenly she felt the strange energy again it was closer now. Deciding that if she wanted to find whatever was making this... this energy was all she could discribe it. Opening her bag she walked into a clearing and began to set up a protective ring using candles in a ring shape. Lighting each one she sat in the middle and waited. Lets Begin! Taking a book from her bag she began to chant a protective spell.

Elizabeth Nytefall (ADD): Bio Here

Don't hesitate to PM me for a RP with either Brianna (Student) or Elizabeth (ADD) :lol:

Tue May 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Post Re: Dark Spirits in the woods (Kryas)
The spell, the power...it was all ready for his use. He knew leaving the void would probably kill him, but he would be free. Years, decades...minutes of drawing in the necessary chaos energies, chanting and incanting spells and runes, and preparing to rip his way out of this accursed prison, this endless nothing. He began to draw in power feeding off the chaos energies around him storing and bolstering his rituals power when he began to notice a rift slowly but surely appearing in front of him. At first it was a seamless crack in the layers of dimensional gates that surrounded the void. Then it started to grow, becoming a visible cobweb of cracks slowly opening allowing light coming from the swirling energies outside of the void to filter through. He didn’t miss a beat, feeling chaos begin to lose their original strength he latched onto and started to feed off of these other energies to grow in power. As he did so the rift began to open, wider and wider, until it was a steady six foot high three feet wide gash in the void. Feeding off energies foreign and unknown as well as the power of the void he began to grow more and more powerful until something happened that he didn’t expect. The dimensional gates surrounding and locking the void.....opened, forcibly expelling him towards the realm of the living. as he was expelled he felt excruciating pain as he was ripped apart and rebuilt into an actual physical form. He was given a body, his own mind broken away from the infinite voices of the void that he had to work so painstakingly to ignore, a voice, and a hunger. He felt it immediately, a new hunger one so over powering it made him physically ill that when he regained his composure he was in a strange new world.

The new sensations, the stimuli, everything almost gave him sensory overload before he brought upon centuries of mental discipline to focus and take in each new sense as it was experienced. The smell of the forest, the flora, fauna, moss, and trees, the sound of the animals, the wind. The feel of the wind on his skin, the feeling of grass under his fingers, his body. He could also feel the energy, the life flowing through the place but he also felt something else, a dampener which he was relatively unaffected by. He took minutes to revel in this new sensation before he started to understand and use his body. He flexed muscles, moved finger and joints, tested his strength and flexibility. Standing up he realized that behind him the rift to the void was still open, but closing steadily but he could feel the spill of chaos emanating from it. With particular ease he performed a spell to allow the rift to close, but his access to the void’s infinite chaos still unhindered. He could do nothing to speed the process of the closing but he did cast a bubble to lessen the emanating power it was producing. It was after the initial shock of the new sensations he realized his power was waning and he felt a need for more. He also realized he was parted with a knowledge of many things, one of them being how to feed this hunger.

It was mere coincidence that he felt a magical power nearby from one of the many nubile and young women he felt among this…campus? Interesting, very interesting. To know of such a place for its intent and purposes he was astonished it was actually real. However the gnawing hunger he felt was a more pressing matter he needed to attend to. He took a step and then stopped casting a reflection spell to see his own body. He had some concerns but he would fix them later, but all in all it was alright for now. Like mist forming on the ground he concurred up some clothes. ‘Must always be modest’ He thought before turning his entire body into a blackish shadowy smoke and began heading towards the source of the energy he was feeling. As he traveled he inwardly smiled;

Kyras was finally free!!

((ooc sorry its a tad long lol))

Wed May 18, 2011 2:03 am

Putting the book down she took a sip of water to hydrate her parched mouth. Looking around her she still could not see what was making the energy. She could still feel it in fact it was getting closer. Picking the book back up she continued her protection spell.

Don't hesitate to PM me for a RP with either Brianna (Student) or Elizabeth (ADD) :lol:

Wed May 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Kryas, almost lazily, glided along in his smokey form drawing nearer to the source of the different magical power. He began to expand and spread himself out, both distributing the source of his power as well as diminishing it to the senses of those less attuned. By this time he had traveled to where the source was emanating but kept clear of being seen, sticking the shadows to watch and observe. What he saw strung a particular reaction in him that he did not fully understand but ignored the compulsion to follow the impulse and instead choose to stay where he was. He curiously eyed the young woman in the midst of preforming, what he percieved, as a crude protection spell. Mentally stroking his chin as it where, he decided to measure her power by how she performed her spell. He knew the girls senses knew he was close by but with how far he had spread she could not directly pinpoint where he was nor how powerful he was. As he waited for her to finish he spent time looking over her attire and couldnt help thinking of what was underneath.

(ooc mind describing what she's wearing in ur next post? lol)

Thu May 19, 2011 4:13 am

She finished Her spell the candles around her turning a light blue colour. Standing up she brushed the dirt off her black dress why she had worn it escaped her but she was not worried. Closing her eyes she focused on the shadows around her. Something was here and it was watching her. She could not find its exact loaction looking around her she saw nothing.

Sat May 21, 2011 4:52 pm

As he watched he began to wonder a curiouse thought. If she was here, no doubt she must have felt his arrival, yet when he searched around he felt no other strange energies in the immediate area, nor did he feel any coming. So either this girl was the only one curiouse, or the others that might have felt his arrival were possibly smart enough to stay away. Not that it mattered, but it was just food for thought in his mind. The moment she was done, he could feel it, drawing him out of his thoughts and to what was happening. He viewed the ring of candles and the protection spell casted with some slight skepticism, wonder how strong it could possibly be. He did notice her looking around, knowing that she was trying to find the source of the power he was emitting. Deciding to have a little fun with her at first he decided to test her protection spell by sending whisps of black smoke from multiple directions to slam into it to test its strength. He deliberatly made the power of the attacks extremely weak as to not destroy it in a single blow.

Mon May 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Still looking into the forest she wondered where the strange and rather evil energy was comming from. Suddenly out nowhere black smoke like projectiles flew out of the woods from all directions. Her sheild protected her from the blast a faint blue sphere apearing then disapearing once the onslaught had stopped. Shit! phew the sheild held out. Looking back into the forest Brianna tryed to hail the whatever was in the forest. Hey who's there?! Show your self! Like now!

Thu May 26, 2011 10:34 pm

The demonstration of relief as her shield held made him pity her a little more. He heard her clearly and pondered playing with her a little more or revealing himself. She obviously knew he was there and he knew she didnt stand a chance against him so he decided to indulge her demand this once. The inky black smoke rose from the ground all around her before reforming into his clothed humanoid form an inch before her shield. Very well......my name is Lord Kyras He said, adding the lord as a little fun indulging in some arrogant pride before bowing just slightly. He waited for her response.

Mon May 30, 2011 2:41 am

Brianna looked at the thing that had formed in front of her sheild. It bowed to her why? Believing it only polite she bowed back. Hello I am Brianna. Are you the entity that is making the strange energy?

Mon May 30, 2011 10:54 am

The perplexed look on her face almost made him smile. He was momentarily confused at her politeness back but it seemed she might be a new one to this island or else, from what he learned, she would probably try and do more then sit and chat. Hearing her questions he did smile without showing his teeth, and decided it would do no good to lie when she could clearly tell. Yes I am....though I am not the only one who is eminating strange energy He replies drawing a few fingers down the shield infront of him as to emphasise his point. Interesting construction...a bit rudimentary, ritual performed adequately, a little crude with emphasis of power on the candles but helps the flow and overall distribution. He remarks both putting in praise as well as insult to see how she would reply with criticism to her prowess.

Tue May 31, 2011 8:31 am

((Sorry for taking so long RL caught up to me :( ))

Okaaaay? So now that I have your attention what are you and why are you on this island? This is a school not an animal sanctuary!

Crossing her arms she looked at Kyras and waited for his reply.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:06 am

Kyras gave her a toothless grin and wagged his finger at her tone of voice. Oh....i think you will soon find out how much of an animal sanctuary this place really is. He said with a look on his face as if he were addressing a spiteful child who thought they knew all. However that will all come in due time...however... He paused, the finger trailing down the shield infront of him stopping, I believe the time of formalities is over He said before his finger began to press slowly, beggining to crack the part of the shield infront of him.

((sorry i havnt been on, R/L been hell))

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:58 pm

Wait, what are you doing!? Stop it! Brianna sent shards of darkness flying at the creature that was trying and succeding at penetrating her force field.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:43 pm

The shards seemed to rip through him, cutting him where they passed through. Kyras had a face of shock seemingly surprised by her sudden attack. His 'remains' seemed to crumble and fall, to lay on the ground seemingly dead. However on closer inspection the girl would notice there was no blood coming from the heap infront of her shield, and the aura he was projecting had not dissapeared but seemed to originate from all around her once again.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Surprised by the sudden outcome of what could be called a fight. Well that was, strange. Wait, I can still sense that creature. Splaying her fingers she felt into the shadows trying to find him. What do you want from me?!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next