View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Afternoon in the Garden (Kaila) 

Post Afternoon in the Garden (Kaila)
Boredom. If there was a single thing about linear time that Lady Asphodel could not stand, could not abide, absolutely and totally abhorred, it was boredom. She sat in the hallway outside of the closed and locked office where Mr. Pitch was "entertaining" his latest prey. He said he'd be meeting with a regular student, that he wasn't in need of a bodyguard. She scoffed. He could be brutally foolish, it was one of the reasons she enjoyed his company. When he was around things were always a good bit more exciting.

Her foot tapped an irregular rhythm as she waited outside the door, a dangerous looking shiv adapted from a bony thorn in her hands. She picked her nails with the wicked-looking tip and sneered at any student that gave her a glance as they passed by her on their way between classes. After digging at a bit of dried blood for what seemed like an hour, she finally let out a heavy sigh and gave up. She sheathed the knife and got to her feet.

Pitch could fend for himself. She grabbed her duster from the chair next to her and threw it across her shoulders, stalking out of the building to go out for a walk. Maybe even she could stumble upon some fun. Who knew, the world was full of possibilities.

Her veins throbbed beneath her flesh as she stepped out into the glaring bright summer day. Those beams beat down on her, and she took a deep breath, nourished by the warm air and the light. She padded out past the classroom and dorm buildings, walking towards the outskirts of the campus. Her eyes grazed the scattered crowds towards the edge of campus, trying to pick out a likely target to amuse herself for a few hours.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:48 pm

Post Re: Afternoon in the Garden (Kaila)
Despite the great feeling of the summer skin on her skin, Kaila was curled up under a tree, in a fairly shady spot a ways into the woods. The weather great for anything really, swimming or boxing or just running, but Kaila was having one of those days. One of those days where you absolutely wanted to do nothing. Nothing at all. It aggravated her, she wanted so much to do something productive, even if it meant homework, but the feeling of wanting to do nothing won out over it, and was slowly pissing her off more and more.

Come on, get up. . .Now! she kept thinking to herself, trying to get herself up, yielding no results at all. No matter how hard she tried she couldn't get herself to cooperate with the urge to do something, her brain always finding a reason to just do nothing. So there she was; laying on her side curled up in a loose fetal position, backpack tossed to one side, her skirt barely covering her under garments, and not caring one tiny bit about it.

Sighing loudly she gave up, tossing an arm into the air before letting it drop heavily to her side again. Alright, you win brain, I will just sit here and relax, isn't like your going to give me much choice. . . she said, a little worried that she was going mad. "At least let me get some music for god sake, its too quiet out here." she said to herself, sitting up and grabbing her bag, sliding her mp3 player from a side pocket and turning it on, blasting her usual hard rock. "Better..." she said, settling in for a possibly worthless afternoon, and being semi ok with it.

Always up for a scene, PM me and we can work something out!

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Asphodel quickly tired of trying to chase a stray sheep from the flock on the outskirts of campus. Most of them were too friendly with one another, a little too involved in their little cliques to provide an ample target for her. She resigned herself to searching out a more secluded target. Pausing by a tree, she placed her hand against the trunk, breathing the air deep. She closed her eyes, taking in the scents, girls' sweat leaving light traces of pheromones in the air. Somewhere in the distance, one scent that was a little weaker than the rest. Asphodel smiled. She could do with a bit of a walk.

Asphodel ducked through the shaded foliage, moving softly, keeping herself as quiet as she could, not yet aware that it really didn't matter, the girl likely wouldn't have heard her had she been knocking down trees as she went. She diverged slightly from the winding trail that led through the woods, spotting the girl lounging beneath the tree.

Not exactly one for subtlety, Asphodel walked directly up to her. She wasn't worried about scaring the girl, once she chose a target she was confident that the encounter would end on her terms. Her leather boots entered the girl's field of vision and she stopped, waiting for her to remove her headphones and acknowledge the presence of the woman before her.

"You have separated yourself from your fellow students by an impressive distance," she stated quite plainly, her eerie red eyes roaming over the girl's form, feeling that very mortal lust building in the pit of her stomach, unable to stop herself from smirking a little, "Do you think that wise?"

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:22 am

Kaila blinked a few times, wondering for a moment who was there- and more importantly, what they were doing bothering her-, before actually moving to look at the figure standing above her. She raised an eyebrow and looked her over. She surely wasn't dressed normal. The long duster was pretty cool in Kaila's opinion, but looked too hot for a day like this. The top was interesting, looking sturdy but stiff. The pants looked much the same as the duster, cool but too hot. The boots seemed a little much though, normal sandals would be perfectly fine as far as Kaila knew. Is it a costume or something? Is she one of those drama geeks? She thought, looking up to her face now. Her skin looked off, too green, but it dawned on Kaila that it must have been stage makeup; which also explained the red eyes, contacts.

Sitting up a bit though, one thing about her made her figure she wasn't a normal student. It was the comment about being far away from her 'fellow students'. That comment made Kaila think, well more like worry, that it was a head girl. She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing, but all signs seemed to point to bad. Kaila opened her mouth to say something, then shut it, then opened it again, and then just it again; unsure what exactly to say. Figuring that what ever she said wasn't going to be a good enough answer she decided to go with the simplest. "The weathers nice and I wanted somewhere nice and quiet other than my dorm." She said, thumbing down the volume on her music so she was sure to hear whatever the girl said.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:39 am

The judgements moved across the girl's face, sizing up the situation. Asphodel watched each of them pass in turn, measuring the girl's mood from minor ticks, quirks of movement that slightly altered her expression. She saw the shift from mild annoyance to slight fear, watched the girl's mouth open up and close a number of times. Her smirk widened as she thought to herself a number of more interesting uses for that mouth, though immediately scolded herself within her head. Look at you, panting after this girl like a dog in heat. Has it been so long? So long since you wouldn't even deign to touch one of these oily beasts, let alone that.

She banished the line of reasoning from her mind just as quickly as it came. Stuck in this form for the old gods only knew how long, she might as well find ways to enjoy herself. It had only taken her a few decades to acclimate herself with most of this form's idiosyncrasies, its urges were simply more data to process.

"Surely this is not the only place outside of your..." she paused, trying to think of what the girl said, "Dorm..." she frowned a little, the word uncomfortable on her tongue, "Where you may relax. Why travel such a distance?"

Last edited by TheTriune on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:59 am

Kaila was a little confused when she smirked at her response, wondering if she really looked that pathetic. The girl seemed to have a lot going on in her head, that was for sure, even Kaila could notice that. Hoping that she was making a good impression at least, despite how pathetic she felt. Hearing the girls question she thought for a moment, staring into space, her eyes searching as she thought. She didn't really know the answer to that question either. After class she could have gone to her dorm easily and just done nothing there, but instead she hauled herself all the way out here. Ya' know shes got a point, why didn't I just go to my dorm? Kaila thought.

" Well, I guess its because the dorm is exactly the same everything I go in there. Nothing changes, nothing exciting. Out here, anything can happen, even if your just there to do nothing." she said, the answer forming as she talked. It made sense after that, she almost felt stupid for not seeing it. As Kaila continued to think on her answer, seeing how it made sense, she pulled out her earbuds and wrapped them around the mp3 player, setting it off to the side. "Anyway, its just a perfect day to be outside, don't you agree?" she said, wanting to give her more of an answer than she gave originally, still feeling a little nervous that she was in trouble. Again.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:13 am

"Of course I agree," she smiled as she raised her arms in the air, gave a small turn before the girl, her head tilted back as she breathed deep, exhaling with relish, "The sun, the air. There are few things that make this," she frowned down at her hand, flexing it in front of her face, examining the palm, the back, with a slight look of disgust, "Tolerable."

She dropped into a crouch in front of the girl, examining her with those violently red eyes, her head tilted to the side slightly, the posture reminiscent of a curious bird, "What is odd is that you seem so certain you are safe."

Her smile widened, "If anything were to accost me in this forest I would have a trophy of its spine. What is it that makes you feel safe?" she asked as she lofted an eyebrow.

"You are reckless. That is a quality I have been looking for," she said, leaning in as though she was confiding in the girl.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:35 am

Kaila smiled a bit, seeing the girl agree with her. It seemed much more reasonable when someone else agreed. Kaila watched as the girl turned and stretched, breathing deeply. It seemed like it would feel good and refreshing right about then, but Kaila didn't want to interrupt the girl. Tolerable? Kaila thought, she was rather enjoying the weather, but she now wondered if this girl was only out here to talk to her, which made Kaila feel a little bad. If she was out there just for her than she mustn't really like it much.

"Um, well, uh, I guess its just the fact that I can probably handle myself if it came down to it." she said slowly, unsure if thats what made her feel safe here or not. Jees, this girls making me question everything about even being outside. . . she thought, scratching the back of her head a bit. Hearing that reckless was one of the qualities she looking for made Kaila smile. She assumed she meant in a friend, in which case, Kaila also liked that quality. It made everything, no matter how stupid, feel better. Kaila leaned against her a bit, glad that she was actually kinda making a friend. "I'm glad that you approve, most don't."

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]