View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Meandering (Ancient_Alastor) 

Post Meandering (Ancient_Alastor)
Rika sighed as she stepped out of the administrative building and into the cool evening air. Registration and signing up for her classes had been annoying, to say the least. But at least it was out of the way. All she had left to do now was go and pick up her uniform, and then she could just go and relax in her dorm. Or at least try to. She looked down at the camo-print tank top and denim cut-off shorts she was wearing, hoping that she'd be able to get ahold of some more casual clothes, too. Ideally something a little more modest than the outfit she'd been caught at home in...

She frowned. At least it was an all-girl school, and she didn't have to worry so much about any young men seeing her in these skimpy shorts. She didn't savour the idea of being the target of the same cat-calls and wolf-whistles members of her brother's gang had directed at attractive girls they'd passed while riding around. She allowed herself a small, self-satisfied smirk. Those guys, of course, had known better than to direct such attention at Rika. Surely her brother wouldn't have allowed such behavior himself, but they'd always been just as worried about Rika. At least, after the first time, where she'd broken the nose of her would-be "admirer".

She sighed again, slinging her duffel bag over her shoulder. There was no sense in dawdling out here when she was nearly down with her "chores"...

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:24 pm

Post Re: Meandering (Ancient_Alastor)
Nighttime beckons, and of course, for the demon Lilitu it was very obvious that nighttime meant a more better opportunity for him to hunt. He found that he could still do the tricks with the shadows...hide and appear in a different part of the island...but it was limited to only five times a day. As to why, he didn't know, but he was wiser than that to even panic about why he couldn't do what he used to do, and decided to just make do of things as they are. Besides, in exchange for that, his favorite 'food' was a-plenty and he could get his pick...at a harder pace, though.

His powers, he found, had some changes...surprising, though welcome. He found that a single droplet of his 'juice' could drive a timid girl on the brink of prostitute level lust. He found that his minions were beginning to have minds of their own...individual minds...rather unlike before, when he used to hunt and come back straight to the Shikima hell. Worst of all, he found he was beginning to have feelings...becoming more gentle than he used to be, and it was unwise to do this.
----------------------------------------------------------

Lost in thoughts, he wouldn't have found his prey for the night, hadn't she passed close by the woods and hadn't let out an audible 'sigh'. It wasn't all that loud, but his senses were atuned to these sounds due to compensating for things he could not do, and there was an audible pitch, anyway.

He could not fight the urge to resist looking, and lo, there walked past him a delightful dish that seemed to be bite-size, in his opinion. Petite, but her body was just the right type that he so liked. The night was slow anyway, so he could not find any reason why he wouldn't put time and effort in tracking her. For the moment, though, he scouted her out in the shadows, much like a hunter of the night does.

The dress she wore was just a perfect outfit that seemed to shout out to Lilitu 'Here I am! I'm available!' and they also seemed to reel in the demon, for it just showed the right amount of skin to make him interested in the girl. Her legs, proportionate to her body, were smooth and silky, and her bosom seemed to have been outfitted perfectly for her build. How he would love to play with those.

He had to plan his move carefully though. Though she looked like this, there was a certain air about her that said that she, at least, wasn't the type who would acquiesce easily to his demands.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:42 pm
Profile YIM

Yet another sigh. Rika looked forelornly at the woods alongside the path she was taking. It dawned on her that she'd never been around so much nature before, what with growing up in the city and her dedication to her delinquent lifestyle. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she pouted ever-so-slightly as she chastised herself for letting her mind wander. She wasn't here to enjoy herself. Technically, she was here as punishment, and for rehabilitation. And even that seemed a little sketchy in light of her discussion with Morgan earlier.

Dumping her duffel bag on the floor next to a bench, Rika slumped on it, leaning her elbows on her knees and cupping her chin with her hands. Thinking about how she wasn't here to enjoy herself led her to realise just how far away she was from her home, and her old life. Obviously she didn't didn't know exactly how far she was away, but she was an inner-city delinquent stuck in some bizarre finishing school on a secluded tropical island. No measurement of distance could sum up things up quite as well as that fact...

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:11 pm

As yet, it was time for the demon to make his move, and he didn't get his just by being nice and saying 'you're gonna be just fine' to forlorn students, no. He was a demon, and he needed to use his power to get the girl any which way he can...an obviously delicious girl at that.

He closed his eyes, and like before, he started to scour his prey's mind for things he can use against her...

It was a familiar sight of machinery, yet slightly different machinery...

A skull helmet, a rider with a German circa 1942 helmet...

And motorcycles, riding on a highway vast and seemingly barren...

He opened his eyes, and smirked. No ordinary girl indeed! This wasn't what he was expecting upon seeing her in that suit of hers. Of course, the camouflage top was already a give-away to a different something, but it could've been anything, and could've been her sense of style...not lifestyle. Seems like she led a life different than most of the pampered girls who, unfortunately, found themselves here when they thought they were on the way to a good life.

Having seen all he needed to see, he smiled, eyes glowing in the dark...and slowly, he melded into the shadows, as he changed his appearance into something more suitable...
--------------------------------------------

" Damn bugs." came the rough, gruff voice coming from within the bushes. The old man stepped through, clad in a worn cap that said 'USS Reagan' on it and wearing overalls, obviously torn from work. Over it, he had an old bomber's jacket which had seen better days, and he was smoking steadily as he cursed his way to the clearing.

" Thought the dang forest was gonna eat me," he said, breathing a bit heavily. Rough patches of overgrown beard decorated his face, and it formed into a chin strap, encircling his face. His eyes bore signs of no sleep, and he smelled badly of motor oil.

That was when he noticed the girl.

" Ah." he grunted. " Didn't expect anyone else to be here. What're you in for here, girlie?" he asked rather roughly.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:26 pm
Profile YIM

Rika sat up with a start as she heard some grumbling in the bushes, and the grizzled fellow emerged from the foliage. So much for there being no men around to see her dressed like this. She stifled an annoyed expression, however.

She sized him up a little as he grumbled about the local wildlife. He didn't seem like a teacher or administrator. But no doubt an isolated facility like this required other types of personnel to keep it running. She wrinkled her nose ever-so-slightly, as she picked up the familiar scent of motor oil. Perhaps he was part of the maintanence staff, and had been working on a generator or something.

The delinquent paused for a moment, as he addressed her directly. She quickly weighed up her options, before answering.

"Furthering and finishing my education," she said plainly and matter-of-factly, attempting to smile somewhat-sweetly as she did. As ever, Rika tried to give away as little as possible, both through her body language and what she told the stranger. Sitting up straight and placing her palms on her knees, she tried to assume her best "well-to-do" posture, puffing out her chest like the other girls she'd seen here do, while she patiently waited for an answer.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:53 pm

The old mechanic did not answer back. Rather, he remained silent, up until the time when he reached the place where the girl was sitting, and then took a place not directly beside her, but he sat on the soft, grass covered ground.

" Ahhh, that feels better..." he whispered silently to himself.

That was when he answered the girl. " Education, huh?" he said," Never did think much of my education..."

He looked up at the sky, and he seemed to breath a little more easier while he was around here. He was looking around, seemingly enjoying stuff more than he had enjoyed before, when he emerged from the forest.

" Used to think that working for someone was the greatest thrill." he said. " Young and stupid, who could blame me. Now I think about it, I was right all along." This prompted him to lie down.

" It's yourself you should be working for, not them." he said with a sigh.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:01 am
Profile YIM

Rika supressed the urge to furrow her brow and curl her lip in confusion. What on Earth was this stranger talking about? The thrill of employment? Apparently he had an education, but thought ill of it? Was he an entrepreneur? Was he contradicting himself now?

No, she thought, once more supressing her reactions, this isn't helping.

Maybe this gent wasn't quite all there, maybe a little past his prime. Perhaps he was slightly intoxicated after a hard day's work. But she wasn't in a position to look a gift horse in the mouth. Rika needed to know what was going on here, and this addled mechanic could be a stroke of good luck for her. She maintained her composure, as well as her eye contact with the mechanic.

"So, are you a member of staff here at the school?"

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:48 am

He looked at her with an eye that suggested disgust.

" Oh no, no, I'm not one of those blockheads who don't know anything else better than to follow their bosses around and wag their tail." he said, looking at a direction he perceived as the Docks of the island.

" Me, I'm a private contractor. Built my company out of the ground, although I pretty much work alone. See?" he said, pointing to a faded crest on the left of his overalls that has the sign of a grinning old demon. " Diablo's Custom Parts. We'll offer you one hell of a deal!"

After which, he guffawed out loud. This seemed to echo around them, since it was a mountainous area, but what followed after the uncontrollable fits of laughter was a cough attributed to those who inhaled smoke too much. He coughed for a good few seconds, before he finally gained control of himself.

" Damn cough...-hakk hakk-" he said, trying to spit whatever it was that got caught in his throat. When it was finally over, he extinguished the cigar he had dropped, reached into his pocket, and lit another one.

" No, no, I'm one of those independent contractors who bring in parts to the school. They need a lot of it, and I was lucky enough to have gotten a contract. I may not look like it, but I actually have some money." he said.

Then he looked at her again. " And what are you supposed to be from, girlie? The Juvenile Army or something?" he said, laughing as if he knew it was meant to be a joke.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:01 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]