View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Break (for Vikky and Komiko) 

Post Re: Break (for Vikky and Komiko)
He glanced towards Vikky, nodding at her as she realized that he read minds. That knowledge seemed to disturb her though and so he pressed into her mind alone.

I can supress that partiular ability. It is difficult, akin to you lobing off your arn. It is an extra sense that I am often not without and it does feel odd not to use it though if it will serve to relax you I will supress that particular ability.

I am afraid to be the bearer of bad news but the letters will dry up as far as receiving them to an occasion trickle. You'll still get them on the holidays and birthdays but not from your folks but the school, they intercept letters coming in and going out. While you have stopped writing there are people here that continue to write to your family so they are none the wiser to your plight unfortunately. I hate to dash you hopes there but I do not want you banking on the success of a plan that will obviously not work.

I do not expect you to believe me but I suspect that the necklace she wears is hampering her memory … another creature, some celestial being of some sort gave it to her and had been charged in wiping her memory I have determined. While it thrills me that her memory is coming back I am afraid that she will accquire a personality entirely different than we know and then she will stop coming around, no further use of me or too timid to come around. Still, it is her memories and in them she seems very much like the same girl that we have both known.

I for one am glad that you are not. He held up a hand to silence them so that he could explain. He did not mean that in a harsh way at all.

What I mean is that Vikky is a little more reserved than you, a bit more skeptical. Oh, she will warm in time I presume but for now she's bound to be standoffish until she can figure out things for herself. You, Komi, are more naïve to most things but in this case it worked out. Imagine the two of you could be dealing with Slarr right now ignorant of the fact that I was so close.

Whether it takes months or years though I will do my best to make as good of an impression as I can on your friend. I know of her through the new arrivals but never had the opportunity to have a feace to face with her, something that probably would not have been possible without you as a go between my dear. Isn't that right, Vikky?

Had I just popped up out of the blue you would have probably thought that you were going to be horribly raped or something. Given the nature of this island I would not have faulted you from entertaining such thoughts either to ask you trust in such a matter would take time and contiued reaffirmation, correct? And for a long while you would have the nagging doubts, you entertain them now but they are not as strong … you're probably considering that if I were to rape you it should have begun by now, that maybe Slarr was all part of the plan to coax you here though I might not have wanted to ruin the rapport I formed with Komi but as Komi can tell you I can alter perceptions in the mind to appear as another student, an Emperor or even a horse so I could have been in one of several guises without anyone being nonethewiser, another little thing to consider ...

He listened to any tales Vikky shared then glance towards Komi as she questioned him. A scan of your most recent thoughts told me of what you had been reading. An Arturian Romance. Something of that nature, perhaps a little more fantastical in nature, something were magic is more important complete with dragons and goblins … I have not yet decided on a few elements or how they would be received if I used them just yet though so I may not include them at all.

Two sisters, traveling to an adjacent kingdom to solidify a pact through marriage and then … well I will let the two of you figure that out if you are interested that is … and if so who wishes to portray the eldest of the sisters?

I have the ability to alter perceptions on some basic level and can change what you see, I can actually place you're waking mind into an altered stake of perception were you essentially become a character in the story. I can sense that you are reserved about this but I am willing to keep this tale short until my wounds have healed and willing to keep clear of those issues that you would have objections with.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:02 pm

Komiko notice it got quiet within the cave and looked over to Vikky then Aegis and had a pretty good idea they was talking to just one another within there minds, it kind of made her felt left out though Komiko notice the tension with Vikky as if she just discovered something, most likely the fact Aegis could read minds, Komiko felt the same way when she realized that little fact, and told him he couldn’t look deep in her mind other then the surface thoughts. Komiko blushed and knew her surface thoughts was being read as she thought it, but it was nothing she could do about it since thought was part of the surface thought in the first place before it became memory.

The Aegis began to speak to both of them and listed to what he said, what he said was true she guessed that Vikky was more reserved and skeptical but what he said about her slightly stung about her being naïve, Komiko couldn’t help being stupid and trusting of others, she always thought she was being friendly but realized maybe he was right. He mentions about the book she had been reading and suggested he would let them be in a story of that setting, it excited her that she and Vikky would share a story together, but wonder if she would have another flash of memory like last time, if she did she hoped to share it with Vikky a way of sharing something personal of her self with her friends. She wasn’t very good at explaining things, that much she knew.

Her mind was still dwelling on that fact that she was naïve and he asked who would be the youngest princess. “I’ll be the youngest one… since I’m the Naïve one.” Komiko said emphasizing the naïve word it was bad enough she was clumsy but to learn of a new fault, though Komiko didn’t like the fact he was saying about keeping the story short, longer stories was better she thought and allowed more time to explore something like that, Komiko wonder what kind of story that Aegis would weave for them but it was exciting that Komiko would be able to share a story with another real person, Aegis only did this once before and found it to be very exciting and still thought about that story every now and then. Komiko wonder if Vikky would want to since she really didn’t trust Aegis, but it would be fun if she did.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:17 am

Vikky gave the monster a very distinctly troubled stare at the information that he could read her mind. Her surprise quickly waned and she figured she should have guessed that considering the way he spoke to her mind directly seemingly. “Gee… you don’t need to suppress that sense. If it is something you are born with… just… gee… just do it. Nature granted you that right. You shouldn’t have to suppress it. I’ll… I’ll just get used to it.” … Though if he could read her mind, he’d be quite aware it was troubling her. Somewhat akin to being walked in while naked, but a mental version. Or having your secret club-house where you thought you’d always be safe walked into by… that. “… Gee.”

… She should have guessed not sending letters wouldn’t work, and the confirmation that the school was really lying to the students in the letters discomforted her immensely. It proved what she had always suspected. The school was in on this. Vikky felt like grunting in displeasure at the information. … Then she got to know that a necklace of Komiko’s was hampering the girl’s memory… Then why haven’t you taken it away from her? That wouldn’t help? Vikky decided not to ask that… but he probably read her question anyway. Gee. Gee. ………………………………………………………… Gee.

… Hah. It was true that Komiko definitely had her good things about her here. One of those… Vikky would never have thought to act like she was a monster in disguise. … Maybe she would have in Komiko’s position? She didn’t know. As for not having met… “… You are correct. I’d be fleeing in terror if not for Komiko at the sight of you.” … She never was good at such encounters. “… Gee.” No, I’m not considering that the rape might have started by now if you were intending it. I’m thinking that maybe you are not doing it only because your dear Komiko is here, and you don’t want to risk her losing faith in you. … Gee, and you just read that in my mind.

… So, the monster explained the premise of the story, and… Komiko immediately said she desired the role of the young and… naïve… one. Vikky threw an hesitant look at Komiko before saying… “I’d… I’d rather be whichever one isn’t getting married…” It sounded like one or both of the sisters were getting married… and if she was to portray one, she’d rather not feel like she was cheating on Vilmer with a story-book in some way… Wait, HOLD IT!

“Wait a bit. If we enter this story, like you said, what happens to our bodies? If you’re saying it will be like we were really there, I assume you’ll use more illusions like earlier simply portraying a world instead.” … Kind of like a holodeck from Star Trek. That in itself was pretty cool, but… “Will we be actually walking around aimlessly in front of you, having absolutely no idea what is happening to our real bodies and being entirely at your mercy?” … The thought that they were already completely at his mercy since he had such extraordinary powers occurred to Vikky, but she led it slide for now…

Vikky Nyberg <--- My definitely defiled character. Going to get worse though...
Andramica + Hibernator <--- Sex-obsessed android and pet.
Squanian <--- Squidian squid of Squidiness. And tentacles. And giant teethed mouths.
Mica Sanders <--- Alien Huntress with a bounty on her hea- body.
Samantha, Narelle, Mayra and Eliza <--- Four friends who came to Shokushu together.

I shouldn't need to say that I can be PM'd into roleplay at places~

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:44 am

Aegir cast his gaze up to the ceiling of the cave as if he saw something interesting there. He flicked his gaze back at the two girls as he drew in a deep breath as he considered something. He then turned his attention to Komi first. I did not mean it like that. If not for that trait I doubt that either of you would be here today. I meant it without offense.

Sensing that vikky was rattled somewhat by this ability of his he considered for a moment. [color=#BF0000][i]It unnerves you, I will only draw little facts from your mind to make the story far more interesting though outside of that I will do my best not to use it. If it disturbs you that much, I want your comfor after all and when you really come to gribs with the matter of having your mind exposed, at least on a surface level then I shall use just that and keep things simple so to speak. It is not often that I trudge up hidden facts, just surface thoughts for the most part.
He explained.

It is just with all the dangers of the island that many people get jaded and turn in on themselves. You have not allowed that to affect you. Some could say that it's naïve to carry on like that, but a cherished gift that you have not let that aspect of you die either.

If only it were so simple, Vikky, I cannot remove it. Not yet at least but whatever power it has is weakening, perhaps I will figure it out … perhaps I will learn how to safely remove it and restore Komi's memories. You would like that, correct? He looked at the other student he was a little worried that she would discard him afterward, that her personality would be so different then even though he doubted it. He knew that this was important to her and would take the risk however slight he had considered it.

I say short because this is Vikky's first time and I don't know how I can sustain certain elements of the story but I think if you two are in agreement for a longer tale then Vikky should be the younger considering the elements I have in mind. Things would be easier to maintain that was I think ...[/color][/i] He flicked his gaze to that same spot on the ceiling considering a few elements of the tale or at least how he figured it would go for his stories had unfolded in such a way that his subjects wrote them …

He considered these things for a moment. He also thought of a dangerous element to the mix of things though he thought that he could easily deal with it. But then he looked at the pair ready to hear their restrictions and how he was going to have to limit himself in matters not that he wasn't ultimately in control here.

[color=#BF000]Actually neither had been getting married but I can sense your concern Vikky. Regardless of the role you will not have to worry about that …

[i]Very similar. You can be walking about without any clue as to what is really happening though with the water so close it is little recouse to have you two stay put and imagine things. While it will feel like you are moving the illusion moves around you. We can even come up with a safe word, well two … the first spoken or thouht in duress will pull you out of a scene, another will keep it going but tell me to modify something that there is something disdainful about it.

After the story, Vikky I will keep my mind from yours unless we have another story in the future or for basic communication. Your bodies will be safe though somewhat inert until you wake but I shall be here the entire time. Should something happen my mind being as fractured as it is and cable of doing dozens of thins at once shall pull you to complete awareness. I hope that I've covered most issues adequately.

Character Listing

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:50 am

Komiko looked up where he had wondering what he saw and listen as he explained things to Vikky and he had apologized in a way to her about calling her naïve, didn’t really matter after that, it was the thought of her being naïve that stung her. Komiko grinned as she thought of something. “Hey Vikky do you have a boyfriend? If you do this would be the perfect time for me to see him and he could be your knight in shining armor.” she said and giggled.

She thought about the idea of her being the older sister and wasn’t sure of it, her own personality would make it seem like the younger one. “Well I think since this will be Vikky first time in one of your stories she should be the one to decide if she would like to be the older or younger sister Mr. Aegis, so what would you like to be Vikky? Older or younger sister? that’s if you want to join me in the story he would create for us?” Komiko asked her and hoped she would join her, if anything it would bring them closer as friends she thought.

Komiko thought about that safe word idea, she guessed it would be good for Vikky if she thought that word alone would keep her from getting into trouble, but it would ruin her part of the story if she thought every little thing was something she didn’t want, she wanted to tell her that if there was a secret desire in her head, something she wanted she was sure Aegis would use it on her, after all he did one her a few times and really liked it.

Komiko looked once more that the spot Aegis looked at and wonder what was he looking at? “Umm Vikky? I know we haven’t been friends long enough for me to ask this… do you have any secret desires that maybe in the real world you like to experience but to afraid to act on them? Well I was just thinking if you did, within this dream we would have together would be perfect… Umm well because it really never happen right?” Komiko began to blush and maybe sisters wouldn’t be idea thing. Maybe royal friends would be better if by chance Komiko decided to act upon her own secret desires that she known a few time with other girls. She was ashamed of those feeling and knew liking girls was thought of as taboo that a girl should only be with a man, tough since she came to this school she known a few and found she liked it as much as a man. The thought just made Komiko blush even more and decided to remain silent about it.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:39 am

… Just… do whatever you want, not like I can stop it. So Vikky thought when hearing that he only kept himself at surface levels. If you want to restrain it to keep it from unnerving me, fine, do so then. I don’t even need to tell how, you already know. … Of course the necklace was unable to be removed. There was already magic and unnatural beings in the world, why not spice it up with some extra artifacts of power? Wonder, would I be cursed if I attempted to remove it? Oh, and DON’T answer that if you read that. … Though Vikky would be happy to be able to restore Komiko's memory somehow. But things just weren't that easy.

“… The ‘safe word’… is useless really. Because if I’m assaulted by you in any way, I can be subjected to the illusion of safety. You could be attacking me right now, and I’m simply in the illusion of standing here talking…” A frightening thought, really. An unbidden image of that alternate reality came to her mind, herself lying talking into nothingness while the monster was... Vikky discarded the image as quickly as possible. Vikky gave a light look in Komiko’s direction… “… But gee… since I am screwed in any reality where you’re bad anyway, I might as well play along with this story of yours. It will make Komiko happy, right?” Vikky found herself giggling. It was such an amusing and strange logic she had employed, after all.

If Vikky had a boyfriend? “Y-yes. Yes I do.” She didn’t know if he still considered her his boyfriend, but sure she had one. For now, she could say that with a light expression of surprise. Would she be able to see Vilmer here by the use of an illusion? As a… knight in shining armor? Vikky blushed and found herself quieting down in embarrassment. If she hanged out with an illusion Vilmer… would that be cheating? It was good to know she wasn’t getting married to an illusion, but maybe if Vilmer was… N-no! That would just be interacting with the monster cloaked as Vilmer! It wouldn’t be the real him! “… G-gee. I-I think I’d rather… Keep Vilmer out of this…” That wasn’t really what she wanted, and she knew it. She’d love to see him in shining armor, guarding her and ensuring her safety. But in a way… that felt like she’d be giving in to the charms of the monster. And she couldn’t have that. No. No way.

“I-in any case. If the story is tailored for me taking the role of the younger sister, then I should take it, shouldn’t I?” Vikky gave a questioning look towards Komiko, trying to gauge which of them was actually the oldest. Komiko was slightly taller, actually. The longer hair might make her seem more adult, too. … Gee, did Vikky look like the younger of the two?

“S-secret desires?” Vikky looked in surprise at Komiko. Well, it was true there were some things that she did… uh… keep out of knowledge of general public, but… W-WAIT, NO. Vikky suddenly gained a panicked expression and was waving her hands in front of her as if to fend off the notion. “G-gee! No! I’m… I’m not going to share such things with a monster! I-I mean… I could trust you, but him!? I’m sorry, but I’m not going to let him deeper in my mind than I have to… I wouldn’t be able to live with the knowledge I’d have offered myself to a monster for the sake of extracting some ‘secret desire’ of mine!” She was blushing too. Both of them were blushing. … GEE!

… Vikky felt a fear itching in the back of her head. What if the monster had already searched through her secret desires? That… would be horrible. The things a master illusionist could subject to her… it was terrifying. No, she had to stick to reality… AND YOU DON’T NEED TO ASSURE ME YOU’D NEVER DO IT BY ONE REASON OR ANOTHER! I’D ONLY HAVE YOUR WORD TO GO BY, SO THAT MAKES ANYTHING YOU SAY TO MY MIND USELESS! … Actually, don’t answer anything I think! Nothing I think is meant to be answered, so don’t answer mental questions! Got it!?

… Vikky was still blushing from the prospect of a few of those… secret desires… being granted… Although she panicked at the thought of a monster reading them… it made her so embarrassed to even think about it…

Squanian <--- Squidian squid of Squidiness. And tentacles. And giant teethed mouths.
Samantha, Narelle, Mayra and Eliza <--- Four friends who came to Shokushu together.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:03 pm

No! Aegir snapped suddenly at Komiko's question. He knew Vikky's mind but was caught off guard as he was busy conerning himself with other matters as he was planning things.

He calmed quickly though. I mean, that might not be a grand idea, not yet anyway, not to the normal sense of the matter anyway. It was one of those matters I was considering, one of two but they both could touch upon both sadness and happiness at the same time … of course I can dull your memories while you are under so to speak so you only remember that which I want you to, I could make you a totally different person by surpressing your knowledge and temporarily given you the knowledge of the personae you are portraying as a means of drawing you further into the tale so to speak where you don't consider it an illusion at all …

Vikky, in your case I can overlap your current knowledge but add in the knowledge that your character knows if that would comfort you more so you are aware that you are in a dream of sorts but can still access the basic histories or knowledge of this realm too.

He figured that she did not care about the particulars though and as she said there was little she could do about it anyway. As she thought about artifacts and curses though he was uncertain as to the results of trying to remove the necklace of if that was possible at all when she preferred not to know. He had been interested in how that necklace worked for some time know and for ages suspected that in locking away Komi's memories but alas he did not know all that much about magic save for basic concepts, concerning magical theories. It was never import for him to know more than this though.

You do not need a safe word, Komi, not unless you wish for it. This is Vikky's first time so I want her as comfortable as possible with things before delievering the story upon her mind where I'd have to work harder to appease her mind of the various twist and turns. Currently I am aware that even romantic love might be a bit too much for her to bare at least for now … what is to preent her from thinking ill of it? In any difference than me just taking her here in this cove like most monsters out there that you have encountered thus far? That is not to say that I can not make things interesting for her though, I just have to be very careful with the romantic element ... He relaid to Komi's mind ensuring that she understood. Do not bring this up to her, let her come toaccept things on her own or not … she is her own person after all ...

But then he listened to Vikky's logic with interest. I suppose you are right in that regard. This could all be the illusion … so true. You only have my word that this is reality. My word may not tickle your fancy seeing that we have just met. Still, I would like you two to have fun with this, I am unsure how it will work out in the end but I hope that it will be a pleasant experience for the two of you to enjoy. Indeed, Komi will enjoy it but I hope you do as well.

He had considered Komi's secret thoughts though and wondered about that. He considered how Vikky might consider that angel. Would she assume that he was controlling Komi in some way? Would she chalk it up as more Komi's free will than his own but to entertain the notion he would have to undo their relationship as sisteres and drop them into the tale as friends, an easy fix easier still if one was a maid in waiting or a servant to the princess. It was a rather sticky matter so he had to delve into Vikky's mind deeper to see if he could accurately infer what Vikky would think of that before given the matter some more thought. Until he had such anwers though he would not relay anything to Komi just yet, nor consider it much further than he had. It was going to be entirely up to the student at this stage ...

He must have understood Vikky for he said nothing, either that or he ignored the ramblings of mind. She did tell him not to answer her mental questions and asked for mental confirmation of that so the two would seem to be at cross purposes with each other. He did, however gaze at her, though there was no acknowledgement such as a head nod to indicate that he was confirming anything at this time leaving her to wonder.

He of course already knew of such secret desires. He said nothing about it though figuring that if he shared the knowledge of knowing already it would serve to panick and not relieve her in the least so he did not comment. Alright, he had decided that he was going to let Komi make or brake this for him, he did not know how Vikky would react to certain things so he left those elements in her hands and let fate decide this one for him ...

Character Listing

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:24 pm

Komiko jumped slightly as she took a deep breath of air when Aegis yelled No! at her. What ad she said or done to cause him to shout at her? Was it something she thought maybe or was it something she did she was sure but remained quiet and looked down. Komiko listen to him wondering which grand idea she had, was I the spoken one or all the possibilities that was running though her mind, though there was a few comments between Aegis and Vikky that didn’t make sense to her and began to suspected maybe he was in a private conversation with Vikky.

Komiko didn’t like the idea of being left out of a conversation, especially if she was there. Aegis further explained to her but it didn’t help relive the fear she just experience, maybe Vikky was right and even Aegis was just pretending to like her. Komiko heart was beating fast and it wasn’t what she liked, it was the weekend and she only wanted to relax and was happy to make a friend, which she did, though she didn’t think she be helping Aegis with his wounds… ‘his wounds? that’s why he snapped at me… he still hurting from them.’ she thought to herself but missed most of the conversation as she was wrapped up in her own thoughts. She relaxed after that completely forgetting about his abilities to read minds, she known him for a while and always thought he was speaking to her normally like other people did.

Komiko face just when white her mouth dropped and her eyes wide, and then started to blushed deeply she completely forgot about that one ability while she was thinking that. “I’m sorry Mr. Aegis I didn’t mean to think those thoughts but if your speaking to me alone stop it, I feel bad that if some one talking to me they don’t hear what’s being said and it makes me feel like an unworthy friend and sneaking around there back, but maybe you could shower some of the flashed memories that might happen during this story telling that will most likely be triggered like that last time with Vikky, I’m not very good at explaining thing to people but I figure this way I could share something of me with my new friend.” Komiko said blushing slightly, her memories to her was very precious to her and sharing them with Vikky would show her how much a friend she thought she was to her.

Komiko listen to Vikky explain she had a boy friend and wanting to keep him out of it, Komiko began to giggle as the thought came to her. “Oh well if you don’t want him, then I’ll let him be my knight and shining armor.” Komiko said jokingly as she was starting to feel a little playful and pushed Vikky down in a laying position and straddle her holding her hands down over her heads grinning. “And he be like this on top of me telling me how much he adores me.” Komiko said letting go of Vikky wrists and places a finger on her lip as if in thought. “I say adore because well maybe he really loves you more then me and only want to use me for practice so he could get at you to impress you when he gets to you?” Komiko said and looked at the look on Vikky face and giggled. “I’m just playing Vikky, he your knight in shining armor, but would be nice to see what he was like in a story.” Komiko said sitting on her pelvis lightly.

Komiko didn’t weigh to much and to throw her off would be very easy for some one like Vikky. “So Vikky what kind of story you think it would be if you decided to come in it?” Komiko asked and started to tickle Vikky and began to giggle as she did so.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:52 am

... Why was this monster insisting on pushing so many alternatives at her? It was troublesome to deal with each one in turn, especially when her answer didn’t even matter in the long run. No matter what safety-measures he suggested she’d still be fucked if he intended her to be fucked and she’d still be fine if he intended her to be fine. That hadn’t changed since she entered his range of powers.

“… Gee, just… just put me in there as you intended me to be there. Without memories of myself or whatever. I guess my reactions will be more true to that world in that case. Just… just don’t ask me about it.”

“… You don’t need to do that. Don’t take special measures for me.” Vikky said to Komiko’s suggestion of flashing memories or the like. “It is like reading a book, except I’m casted as a main character, I guess? In that case, I don’t want spoilers. Just put me in it like you’d put anyone else in it. I believe I’m strong enough to handle things without excess safety-lines. Besides, as I have already said, those safety-lines are useless as they are the strings of the puppet-master over there. So stop giving me suggestions to ease the experience. Gee, just get started already.” Yes, the talk about how to make her more comfortable with the situation was slightly getting on her nerves. Largely because of how little they mattered with that master of illusions over there. In any case… Vikky breathed out a sigh, and missed what Komiko did next.

Missing to put up her own guard, Vikky was pushed so she lost her balance by Komiko. In a little state of panic, Vikky managed to brace herself with her own hands, somehow, but was unable to stop Komiko from sitting down on top of her. And talking about Vilmer like that… Vikky stared at Komiko in chock when she mentioned how she’d take him instead. She felt threatened that her boyfriend would be stolen by someone that had never met him, despite that she’d steal an illusion. Wait, just use her for practice until he got to- Vikky turned bright red in embarrassment.

Still red, Vikky regained her composure and put her hands against the sides of Komiko’s mid, gently half-pushing and half-lifting the excited girl off herself before she tickled her too much. Vikky then swiftly crawled back a little bit to escape whatever Komiko would try next, since she was in such a state. “I-if you want Vilmer in the story, I-I guess it is fine. As a random knight, as someone’s knight in shining armor, go ahead. I-it would be an illusion, doesn’t matter to me what role he has… Won’t bother me at all… gee…” That last was a lie, it definitely bothered her. It would certainly matter to her. But she didn’t want to show it.

“… What do you mean, ‘what kind of story’?” Vikky asked to that last question in light confusion. “What ‘if’, didn’t I just decide to come into the story along with you? I don’t know what kind of story it would be, I have not done this before…”

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:54 am

I am sorry Komiko, I did not mean to snap but doing such could unnerve Vikky and I did not seek to discomfort her by drawing Vilmer into this … I am uncertain about certain details but I will play them by ear and see where they take us. I have a few ideas that you may like, there are also matters in which I have little control over either but I do hope that the experience is rather pleasant and entertaining for the most part. I will probably get something wrong in the tale no doubt but it is a work in progress ... He thought he would explain a little as to why he had such a reaction. He had know Vikky's mind after all, Komi's too and so he knew bad ideas often without touch on them, even so …

I am not pretending to like you, Komi. He spoke into Komiko's mind then. I was merely attempting to alleviate some of the tension that Vikky would be having, this is her first time but I will include you in future commmuniques with her if it troubles you so much. To alienate you is the last time that I would want.

One day I will take you away from all this if you are willing of course, if you have not discarded me by then when, not if but when your memories return. They're coming more frequently now, quicker than when I first met you some time ago.

Komi, you need not apologized to me. I know your mind … I can show Vukky those memories but perhaps I will show them it the tale and the two of you entertain what was likely … then again not all of them would make sense in the setting so perhaps I will inform her through such a ethod afterwards.[/i]

Aegir perked up a little as he considered Komi's words as she spoke to Vikky. Actually … he considered that aspect of things, a jealous tinge to matters that he had not considered before now. He initially had other plans but that could actually … he regarded the two girls like that though and fought the urge of exploring them then and there. They had seemed to be so into matters, well Komi was at least and he watched to see if Vikky put up any sort of resistance to this. Even now he was taking notes …

But he felt as if now Vikky was getting axious. Her fears could not be dissuade and she even consented to matters so to speak. He gave it a little thought as he contemplated a moment longer and took in their thoughts and words.

And then they were no longer there …

Rather they were in the back of a carriage on a warm spring day. It was bright and the road bumpy as the carriage went along but they were not alone. Soldiers rode horses and rode in less prestigious wagons, servants in others as they were part of the enterage.

Gone were the memories of Shokushu, gone was that life at least for now replaced by the memories of being the daughters of two men, two Kings of neighboring realms and they the daughters of the two men that had been joined in an Alliance for over 30 years now.

Aegir had used this Shadow before with Ane, with Nell though it was the country of Brindel he had focused on but today he was focusing on the other realms as he fleshed out other aspects of the world.

He had taken the two at the trail end of their conversation, gathering up enough thoughts to get at least an understanding, a direction. He had felt a little more confident in what he was thinking of doing and while Vikky would never admit to such matters he thought that it would be best to provide small concessions to her. Besides if things didn't go well he could always blank her mind of it, maybe not Komi's her mind had been toyed with enough though perhaps locking her with a “suggestion” not to speak about this or communicate it in any way …

Taavar was a nation to the East know for it's religious fevor. Their swordmen and women were thought to be some of the finest within the land and the young Princess Ophelia was no different. She was young and had to split her time between other duties so she was not great as a swordswoman but she could hold her own against most of the castle guard. Vikky had been set into this role.

Softer was the island nation of Urik known for their ships and naval might. Where Taavar was know for their strength on land Urik was know for it at the sea. Great magics powered the winds to move their vessels, magical street lamps lined the streets and powerful elementals performed menial labor for them. Know for their sorcery and alchemical skills it had been the chief reason that Princess Llunet had been at the castle instructing Ophelia in some of the arts.

Sweeping down from the North, however, out of the dark lands of Sorocco had been the blistering hoardes of Magin that incinerated all that they touched. Thus far Urik had been left alone given that they were out at sea but despite their military might Taavar did not beat back the attackers but rather when they went south enough cooler temperatures turned the Magmin away.

That land was ruled now by the invoker Bryne, the older brother to Llunet and for that reason Llunet was doing what she could to impart her wisdom to her friend Ophelia.

Sorocco was land locked and Uriel's strength had been dimissed for their magical creations could only go so far before faultering to numbers deeper in that country.

In more recent days Bryne was growing in power, his hoardes comrising of more than the Magmin but giants and demons of flame …

The two were being moved now out of the danger zone as Byrne's forces pressed this far South threatening the castle now. And while the King did not flee he sent his daughter away and their guest not wishing for Bryne to get his hands on such a prize he sent them South hoping that eventually the cooler temperatures might get to the demons and giants as it already had with the Magmin and that is where they stood.

Llunet's skill was modest, near nonexistant in the face of what her brother knew but she sought to share what skills she had with her friend during her trip to the castle with her father, who also stayed to do what he could to repulse the impending attack by his sons forces.

Character Listing

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:08 am

Komiko giggled as her friend Vikky pushed her off and backed away from any further contact with her as she sat on her feet smiling at Vikky. “I wouldn’t steal your boyfriend, be he real or imaginary, I’m not that kind of friend, but you have to admit it would be fun if he was your knight in shining armor. Besides even though you said you would enter in the story, you do sound reluctant to enter it in the first place Vikky.” Komiko said to her.

Komiko looked over at Aegis and smile, “I know you didn’t, its your wounds that must have made you snap at me, but Vikky is a strong and brave girl. I think she could handle things on this island a lot better then me, after all she not running away from you is she?” Komiko said and sighed looking down, maybe she was being just a bit unfeeling to Vikky needs. Komiko looked up at Vikky, “I’m not being insensitive you am I?” Komiko asked afraid maybe she was being rude about suggesting such an idea. “Well he doesn’t have to be within the story, I’m sorry I had brought it up Vikky.” Komiko told her.

The sudden hard bump had awoke Llunet from her sleep within the carriage, she gasped and looked around as the dream she had was quickly fading away and looked over at her friend Princess Ophelia, she smiled at her as she looked down and mumbled to herself. “What a strange dream? Funny how quickly its fading away, something about a cave and a strange monster and two girls, how odd?” Llunet said looking out the carriage window noticing that it was slowly starting to get cooler in temperature, Llunet smiled seeing that it was starting to snow slightly giving the world around them a look of white dusting, winter would be here soon and any demon that was after them could not enter in such cold conditions.

Llunet enjoyed spending time with Ophelia they had been childhood friends for as long as she could remember. Ophelia was such a close friend Llunet would tell her all her secrets and share them with her, she trusted her with some of her secret thoughts including the kind most would gasp at but she always seemed so understanding to her, which was why Llunet and Ophelia was such close friends. Llunet sighed as she looked out the window, she miss her home but the invading armies forced her and Llunet to be sent away.

Llunet notice the armored knights surrounding the caravan and smiled at them as they passed near the carriage to conduct there guarding of the royal caravan, she kind of felt sorry for them having to wear that cold metal and giggled imagining them naked, she closed the curtain not wanting to make them uncomfortable with her looking at them as she looked over to Ophelia once more. Llunet wished Ophelia was awake so she could tell her that strange dream but hi was already gone. “Oh Lia I wished you had been awake when I had that strange dream, now I cant even remember it.” Llunet said, they gave each other nickname long ago while Llunet was nickname was Net, she kind of liked her nickname better then her real name because Lia was the one who gave her that nickname to start off with.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:49 pm

“It isn’t reluctance to be with you, it is reluctance to practically offer myself to a monster to do whatever he wants with me... that is pretty much what we’re doing by allowing him to envelop us in the illusions of a story… But I can get over it.” Indeed, Vikky was not running away. She was in fact relieved that Komiko would not attempt stealing Vilmer from her even in an illusion. “… As far as avoiding monsters, I don’t think human strength would ever be enough.” Though, Komiko might have been talking about handling it mentally, and… uh… Vikky had no comment on that. Though… it appeared that the time for talking was over, as the world started to…

… In all actuality, Ophelia had awoken at the same bump, but in difference to the other princess she had tried to remain sleeping. There wasn’t all that much to do in a carriage, after all. She decided quickly not to dwell on any specific dream. It simply wasn’t important enough to let her memory keep a grip on it. Dreaming at all didn’t quite seem important enough, merely the act of sleeping. The princess needed to be rested at all times when she was needed, after all. Between all the training, watching her father trying to maneuver his kingdom to somehow fend off the hordes from Sorocco and her own duties… it was tiring. To see her friend Llunet… was like a blessing in the midst of it all. But of course, that too had been a mere effort by her father to keep the kingdom, or just Ophelia, safe.

It was fine. If she remained, her father would only worry about her safety. To stay safe, and keep her father’s conscience clear, was probably the best she could do for now to support the country. Although she worried… there was only so much a princess could do to protect her kin. Even now, a sword was lying sheathed within the carriage on Ophelia’s immediate side, as a precaution should someone decide to take advantage of the presence of the two royals travelling south in a carriage. So many precautions… so much things… was there anything more Ophelia could do to help her country? … No, most likely not. There was only so much a single individual could do. Her father had undoubtedly already sought aid from as many sources as he could. So much helplessness. Ophelia felt like sighing.

… Of course, she was not really asleep. So when Llunet said that, the supposedly sleeping Ophelia said “That makes two of us, Net.” … Followed by a light giggle at how she had just gone and showed that she was awake. ‘Net’… Ophelia would have given her a much cuter nickname if she had been allowed to do so today, but she had been young at the time of naming and the name had already gained an endearing value, so… Oh, she just had to go with it. Deciding to stay awake, ‘Lia’ sat up slowly, using her arms to stretch herself up to a proper sitting position. Once there, she smiled lightly at her friend. “Good morning.”

… Hopefully the guards outside didn’t mind a few smiles despite the desperate times.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:38 pm

True, she is a strong girl, she hasn't run, there is that and she's being made to deal with a lot ... Aegir listened to Vikky's explaination. It was true, she would be placing herself at his mercy so to speak. He could do anything he wanted, of course nothing was really stopping him from doing so now either but he was indeed an unusual being. He had visited Vikky twice already and while he had yet to know her physically he knew her well enough on a mental level. He gave her a mix then, both times of a pleasant nightmare though she was unaware of his involvement as she would be now. He supposed he could always block out those bits the two did not like, editing things like a movie director with a movie to make the experience seem more pleasant.

He suddenly pulled them into the scenario he had concocted though he was still unsure of a few things he was a little more confident in doling them out and seeing how they had been received. Llunet woke from her slumber with some fading memories of the scene as it played out in her mind.. Real memories melting away fast enough though they were replaced with “false” memories of their own histories. It was impressed into their minds as they traveled, the general details surfaced about who they were.
--------

After closing the shades in the carriage Net did so in order to quell any distractions that the guards might have or her for that matter considering her wayward thoughts thus far.

But the two discover each to be conscious in short order as memories of their lives were temporarily surpressed for the sake of the story ...

A horn sound. Shouts and the thunderous hooves of the horses resounded in their ears. It would have been impossible to sleep now given the volume of this noise.

“PROTECT THE PRINCESS, COLUN A WITH ME, B ATTACK THE LIFT FLANK. RESERVES AT THE CARRIAGES …” The commander was ordering to the sounds of scrambling soldier eager to carry out the commands in well oiled precision as expected from the soldiers of Taavar.

It seemed as if Ophelia might need that blade after all! It was more than obvious that something was happening outside. Had Bryne anticipated the flight of the royals? Did he possess inside sources that Llunet was there and would provide a bonus? Did he just get lucky trying to outflank the forces of Taavar by approaching in such an unexpected direction? Was it something else entirely? Lot's of questions and no answers given that the shade on Llunet's side was down but the one one Ophelia's side was still partially up though right now all she could see were men on horse back whirling into position.

Character Listing

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Net chewed on her lip, she hadn’t figured there would have been an attack so soon, let alone encounter anyone on this road they was on. “Oh dear, we are under attack so soon Lia? Maybe I should cast a spell to protect the men or us?” Net said as she began to make symbols of incantations that looked rushed and incorrect mixing one symbol with another by combining them. Net began to change form before Lia, well not so much form but color and hair and lots of it then she normally had.

Nat color slowly changed from her beautiful creamy milk skin to that of a light shade of green, her hair also changed the same green color making her look more like a furry bush. “Rats, wrong spell, I hate being rushed, I can never remember the right spells in danger is seems.” Net said as her cheeks turned a deeper green, which could have meant she was blushing from embarrassment. “How could I mixed up scare with hair? Look at me Lia I’m hideous and my lovely hair a complete mess.” Net said holding the bushy hair before Lia with a pouting face showing her hair to her which went down to her feet when it was much shorter that normally went to her hips.

The sounds of swords clashing could be heard as yells and screams could be heard in the distance, which told Net that the battle was stalled some distance from the carriage. Lia on the other hand looked ready for battle to Net. Peeking from the side of the shade she could see the men around them guarding the carriage, one man that was near looked at the shade and saw her, his eyes wide with confusion and a slight look of amusement. Net quickly retreated back, backing away from the window. “Oh I must looked dreadful if that man eyes went so big.” Net said and looked like she wanted to cry with shame.

Net looked frustrated. “Some tutor I am, can’t even cast a spell of protection while in danger, you must think me rubbish? This will take me hours to sort myself out Lia… now what other then scare that I did that would give me hair?” Net said trying to remember what she did, there wasn’t anything she could do right now other then look like a talking bush and she had no if not any combat experience or skills it seems when dealing with a threat, after all she was a Princess and quite inexperience of the true workings of the world, her world was mostly of books and the only knowledge of the real world she knew.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:01 pm

They were under attack. Ophelia caught her own breath in her throat. It was a mixture of fear and distortion among her emotions. An attack!? This far south!? Had they been tricked!? The princess of Tavaar quickly grasped ahold of the blade on her side and peered out to get a reasonable understanding of the situation. This… this wasn’t good. It felt a little selfish to think so, but they were simply too important to be ambushed and lost here…! There was a reason they were sent south for their own safety!

“Y-yes, please defend them!” Was her first reaction to the notion of a spell to defend the men. Though… she didn’t predict the reaction of that spell. Magic was a fickle thing, indeed, if a miscast could cause something like this, Ophelia noted to herself as she stared in chock for a number of moments on her friend recently turned… uh… eh…

“Th-that doesn’t matter!” She merely said in a slight panic as the princess tried thinking of the most intelligent thing to do right now. Get off the carriage because it would be targeted? Wait the carriage would be defended and if they were going to start moving, maybe they should stay in the carriage… Ouuugh! This shouldn’t be happening! Ophelia made her way over to the door and opened it just enough to hopefully see a guard on the outside. Hopefully the enemy hadn’t already reached here, the man had said reserves stay at the carriage.

“H-hey, what’s the situation? Will we be fine?” Or should we flee? She didn’t want to ask that question as she was supposed to be a princess with some authority at least, she shouldn’t be asking questions that asked for advice. It was her job to make some decisions for herself… and not make them herself in other cases.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next