View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Other Dimensions (Aisaka and Machi) 

Post Re: Other Dimensions (Aisaka and Machi)
“Training?” I tried to remember if I saw something but as familiar as it was, as likely as it could be there had been no particular memory of seeing anything. “For what?”

I asked, interested though the answer didn't jot my memory on anything. Though as the matter turned toward the Mushi I felt that they had factored in more or perhaps weighed more on my mind these days.

“Well … I use to keep it to myself. When I was real little I just thought everyone saw them but just ignored them. The one's you can see through are in the Spirit World or other dimension, I'm not very spiritual so I just call it another dimension. They can't do anything to objects or people in our dimension so I assumed the adults weren't paying them attention for the longest time until I was in school and starring at a particularly distracting Mushi.

“I was asked what I was looking at and when I answered, well, I found out that not everyone perceived them ...”

I gave some thought to her next question before rushing forth with an answer. “Mm, it's more like a wide range of different species. They vary as much as we might see the differences between an elephant and a horse. Saying that there are several I see a lot of the same type and like animals some are more rare than others or seen only in certain areas. Like the Kappa … I've never seen one where there was no running water be it a stream, a river or in one place in China, a fountain ...”

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:36 pm

"I'm martial artist. I specialize in Bushido, or art of the Samurai if you will." Machi affirmed trying to shake the memory which she did.That was menial matter what was more interesting was the mushi and how the students knew of them. Machi knew by her heritage and reading up on the folk lore. Midori on the other hand seemed to be able to see them; she had never met anyone who said they could see the mushi.

"I see that must have made for an awkward conversation." Machi said amused by the girls story slightly, Midori then answered her question about the types of mushi. Apparently they all varied from size and shape, however one type of species was more prevalent than the others. She mentioned the Kappa, she heard of them, never saw one of course but the image of turtle like humanoid creature came to mind as describe in stories she had read, as well as a few illustrations.

"I see so they vary in some cases a specific species is more prevalent than others." Machi concluded."I wonder what it would be like to see them..."

Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:06 pm

“Oh? Bushido?” I smiled. “I'm Sino-Japanese though I might not look it.” Though the realization indicated that she probably had some sort of martial art skill too if she trained like a samurai, probably Judo if she wen hand to hand with anyone.

Or so I assumed though the red hair was throwing me, though I had no idea that that had already occurred once already. I knew more about the Mushi though and felt fairly comfortable speaking about them.

“Oh, it was awkward to say the least bu not too bad. People just thought I was seeing things. Fortunately I caught on pretty quick that not everyone say them. I've been dealing with them all my life, manly just seeing them so it's not a scary experience at all and I've learned that they are shifted.

“Bakemono, Oni, Kami even … er, Goblins, Demons and Gods … though the Gods are a bit different and come in various forms not all of which are what one would assume a God to be. Tengu … Kenku … oh, I've seen lots and seeing that there is a lot on some of these spiritual beings I have concluded that I am either very, very crazy or that enough people in the past have seen the things I have."

I smiled again allowing Machi to make up her own mind. I must have sounded like a fruit cake but I would ultimately let her make that decision, after all I could not change her mind by simply making her accept matters as truth. That was the same thing with faith in a way, you either had it or you didn't. No amount of proof or intellectual debate would sway one side though there were ways of changing it that wasn't always the norm.

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:41 pm

As nutty as it sounded Machi believed the student."I doubt you're crazy." Machi said trying to wave the notion that Midori was crazy."You that many mushi." She commented as thought of the different types the raven haired student mentioned the different types each familiar to her.

"Oh I'm Irish Afro-Japanese... that why I have red hair the Irsh part of me tends to stick out a bit." Machi stated as she ran her hands through her hair. She had caught a lot of attention for it back home. Teachers often accusing her of dying her hair and being a delinquent it was hard for any to believe she was a natural red head it seemed.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:52 pm

I nodded. “Over the years I have seen many, I've lost count though not all sorts. Some are so rare but show up in folklore I can only assume someone else has seen them. Of course some of them could be made up too, I have no doubt that there are some that are.” I could verify those sorts I have seen for myself such as the Kappa. There were some that I did not even know what they were. Just because I could see them meant little. I had no real way of interacting with what I saw so unless it was scribed down some place I couldn't get the necessary knowledge.

“Wow, what a strange combination. If I'm allowed to see things then there's no way I'm not going to believe that you have real red hair.”
I added though seeing an African or Asian with any color of natural hair that wasn't black, gray, white or a combination had not been anything I have seen, not in pure bloods so it had to be the Irish blood.

“Did you grow up in Japan?” I could just imagine what that would have been like for the auburn haired girl.

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:08 pm

Machi sure how to respond to the last bit about her seeing things and Machi's heritage instead she merely shrugged it off.'Yes. In fact I grew up in Osaka Japan." The Red replied figiting some what as she mentioned her home city.

(Sorry for the uber late reply even more sorry that this post is only one sentence.)

Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:27 am

(it's not a problem and I don't need much to work with other then a direction in most cases so it's all good)

“Ouch ...” I winced a little though I suppose it wasn't too bad growing up there. “Have you lived elsewhere while there? The place is often targeted well, stereotyped is more like it I guess like how America stereotypes the South I guess ...”

I gave her a comforting smile, though I was still unsure of all that had happened to us I surmised that something had to have happened involving the Mushi though which one or ones I was uncertain of.

“Not to change the subject, well I guess I am, but have you used the place in the forest before without incident?”
Perhaps if If became aware of what was around I could get a better idea but not likely. It appeared that I would have to look around again to get some sort of idea and that didn't seem to be the wisest option going for me at the moment.

Whatever it was I gathered that loud noises did not scare it off seeing that she was training when it, whatever it was, came upon us. I guessed it was already there waiting though I could not be certain of that myself.

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5