View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Other Dimensions (Aisaka and Machi) 

Post Other Dimensions (Aisaka and Machi)
This had been a weird place indeed. I was unsure as to how far things went here but I had always had this peculiar perception of mine seeing across the void into the boarders of that other realm. I could see those things though they were transparent as if ghosts and I had always surmised that they were jut out of phase here, as if they were in another dimension that I could look into.

Since I had always perceived them it was no big deal that I saw them, I just got use to seeing them and had assumed that everyone had seen them. They did no harm so I had never mentioned them to anyone.

That all changed when here though as if some of them had learned to slip out from that dimension to our own. One spoke, one did not. I was only beginning to remember one of them as my mind had to have shut it out from my memory in the first place though I was uncertain if the slime had been some sort of animal or not.

It was not important in the long run though. At least two others had seen them, Terry and Lily and I had surmised that there was a weak point in the fabric between our dimension and there own some place on the island though I was so far from the truth, so very far indeed …

Today I had been checking out those places, the ley lines if you would that fellow students went to feeling the power of the land that enhanced their magic. Whatever, I was never all that big on magic but every lead helped.

I crossed off the third area from the list of five I had jotted down and stuck my note pad and pen back in my bag, had a sip of water, checked my watch and figured I had time to hit sight four. That's when I heard something. What, I was unsure though I listened with a degree of caution encase it was one of the things. Had it been another student, or something else? I strained to determine which ...

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Last edited by Midori on Sat May 09, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:43 am

Post Re: Other Dimensions (Open)
For the past couple of days Machi had been on edge. She couldn't recall last weeks events it was all snip bits of information something she wasn't used to. It didn't matter really it had to been some sort of dream; that was the only way to explain why her photographic memory couldn't recall the event of the past week. Tightening her grip on her kendo stick she let loose a furry of violent slashes, venting her frustration. She hadn't realized she making a lot of noise if she had she would have had more control overall. Still she hacked into the make shift targets slashing into, as well as through them. As an expert swords woman it hardly mattered if she wielded a wooden weapon.

A true master could cut a tree with just about any weapon at hand. The fairy tales of one cutting trees with a feather was and still is fantasy, however it all about perspective. "arrrrggggh." She let loose a ferice roar as she cut through another target, while simultaneously having a flash back to hot and steamy event with a cute girl. Stopping for just a moment to catch her breath she looks up at the sky, lent the angry flow from her. She could see bits of the sky, she remembered a clear blue guy just as it was now. Sighing deeply she looks at her targets... Annihilated, no obliterated was the word.

"Great... Huh?" Machi spouted as she looked in the direction of Midori. Though foilege prevented a good few of the girl"Come out where I Can see you!"

Mon May 04, 2015 12:03 am

At first I had thought I heard a wild animal. The shout, the sound of wood smashing against wood though had made no sense to my mind. It sounded as if something was hitting something. With my hazel eyes I gaze as best as I could in the direction of that sound but can see little more than movement.

Ironic that my name came from my eye color meaning green though my eyes weren't that color … once or twice before my eye color had been called out, just as I was being called out now.

A feminine voice, obviously younger or so I guessed but I ha not encountered any beings other than the straight forward kind that were as obviously inhuman as the caterpillar-like creature I saw now as I turned

It was transparent and I knew it was in the other dimension. Bugs normally did not creep me out though this one was the size of a house cat! It eyed me from it's place on a low hanging branch as if it saw me. Perhaps it did, I was uncertain of it's perceptions but it went back to creeping along and I complied with that voice coming out into view but watching the creature wearily until I passed it. There was something unusual about this island that needed my attention though first things first, there was the other student.

“Greetings. I am Midori Gemma. I do not mean to intrude and was just passing by when I heard you.”

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Mon May 04, 2015 12:41 am

“Its okay. ” Machi said calming herself. She was dressed in pants that eluded to her voluptuous body. She didn’t have on a shirt but she was wearing her usual bandages that hid her true massive breast. She was also sweat and breathing heavy, in a since she was both an intimidating and extravagant sight. The multi-colored girl looked at Midori a pretty girl, clearly one with some problems. It was obvious with the way she carried herself.

“MY name is Machi... Its nice to meet you.” She replied taking a slight bow. towards the girl in respect, showing her traditional Japanese ancestry.

Thu May 07, 2015 3:51 am

Post Re: Other Dimensions (Machi; Open for a Monster)
I was half Japanese myself and full Asian being a Japanese-Chinese mix. Of course with racial tensions between my lineage being what it was my upbringing wasn't the best though there were far worse factors at work then simple race so I tended to overlook such things seeing that my focus was on other things.

It was like getting a paper cut after having a finger cut off; you tended not to notice it too much and focus on the bigger issue.

Machi … it was hot, to hot for my tastes to be exerting myself like this though as displayed by my simple attire, a yellow shot sleeve shirt and khaki shorts. Even with the wrappings on her chest I could discern that her breasts were quite large but held firmly in place I had even found my eyes drifting there like a teenage boy discovering a pair of boobs for the first time … I couldn't get a true size of them though the wrappings but my guess was that they were wrapped tightly.

Her breathing seemed off as if the bandages were too constraining. Returning the bow it seemed apparent that she was practicing Kendo. I watched a few matches in High School but never competed. I was too lazy for that and had focused more on my movies pretending I was in an imaginary life.

“As it is yourself. You look to need a brake,”
I look about seeing a large rock within a short distance that can serve as a seat gesturing towards it as I approach. it.

“Are you a first year too?” I suspected that she was younger but 18 and 19 had been tough to tell apart after all and she could easily be an upperclassman.

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Thu May 07, 2015 4:39 am

Machi felt a embarrassed realizing the haughty site she might appear to the other girl, plus there was a clear notable difference in the amount of clothing. Now that a break had been mentioned she felt the wear and stress and overall exhaustion of her body come into awareness. Was she so frustrated to what happened at the beach if it happened at all, it was all dream like to her, she couldn't be sure. Still she followed she followed the girls suggestion to a rock and found a comfortable spot. It felt like she hadn't rested in ages, which only meant she had been pushing her stamina to its limits. That was saying as she had a great deal of stamina. The girl seemed to her senpai, though she wasn't quiet sure on age.

"Yes I am freshmen, I recently arrive not too long ago actually." The red head stretched her arms as she relaxed her muscle tensing a little as she did this."And you Midori, are new here or my Senpai."

Fri May 08, 2015 3:08 am

“Freshman … probably Senpai if you're here straight out of high school. It's been a few years since I was last in school so I probably have a few years on you. I'm twenty-four though I look younger than I am,” it had not been too much of an issue for me though since I rarely had to prove my age and tended to toss myself into my work.

“Are you here on a scholarship?”
I figured that if she were it probably had little to do with Kendo. In the US it wasn't as big though it lent to the fact that she was probably more athletic and into other things.

I had wondered about her hair color. It was probably dyed since Asians did not carry the recessive trait necessary for red hair though in my understanding there was magic that could have factored in too, not that I had ever seen it for myself. Had their been some magical lineage there once upon a time, it was more likely that it was dyed though had I know of her ancestry I might have figured that there was some magic somewhere along the bloodline that gave rise to such a trait happening.

“You're not Japanese. Not fully anyway,” I wave a hand in front of my face. “I don't mean it as a bad thing, I'm not full blooded either.”

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Fri May 08, 2015 3:52 am

She certainly didn’t look to be older than her, though the mentioning of the age was what settled her decision on calling the other girl senpai. It was formal and still clinging to her upbringing it was only right to do so out of respect. She remined silent for a moment showing some distance, as she debated on whether or not she should she had a scholarship or not. To her it was obvious, she was more skilled than the traditional sword-masters.

“Yes I have a scholarship.” She responded as she looked at Midori, giving her clear view of her multi-colored eye’s. A rare trait that usually happens with mixing of traditional strong genetic traits. Though she didn’t do so until Midori mentioned her nationality. It was rare to meet other “Dakkens” so to speak, unless they where from the U.S but even then it depended on what part of Japan you where, and what the locals where like. Sadly Machi had lived in a not so friendly area.

“Its fine, In certain tradition I would even be called Japanese... I am Irish by the way it’s the reason why I’m a read head.” She replied sounding not too happy to mention that point

Fri May 08, 2015 9:54 pm

“I somewhat guessed it was athletics, that or you are very dedicated to your craft of both … training away from prying eyes leads me to suspect that you are very competitive and don't wish to share your techniques, at least not the secret stuff. It's good to have a surprise or two to draw upon, something I would not expect from someone just with a routine passing of the sport,” I surmised this seeing that it was easier to get to the gym but an empty gym was another matter. I could have guess wrong, I wasn't infallible after all.

I offered up a smile knowing just what it was like to be of mixed blood. “Chinese-Japanese, not the best combination,” still I wave it off. It had been years since I had to deal with the social stigmas and prejudices of people. As an adult what was said was said behind my back, I guessed that was the big difference with kids and adults seeing that kids were so in your face about things.

Irish though, that explained the hair and I went back to thinking about magic somewhere along the lines. I would not mention it though or the magical arts in general. “But being Irish isn't so bad. I can think of worse combinations though you must get sick of all the drinking references.

“But why are you somewhat distant from the campus? It isn't too far away and ...”
I halt at that changing my stride in mid sentence. “You are not bothered out here?”

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Sat May 09, 2015 2:14 am

The trio of girls suspicions were not as far off as the young student thought. There were those who did exist outside of the known dimension shokushu, some were out of phase completely and could only observe. Others could cross over if the right conditions were meet, while a few were capable of completely phasing in and out at will. Aisaka was one of the few that could cross over if she found a weak point in the dimensional vale, and shokushu was full of them thankfully. Though Aisaka had gathered the essence of dormant spirits from her last encounter with a students help. This had allowed her to stay in phase with Shokushu's plane of existence for much longer then normal.

Her ethereal flame form floated through the forest away from the campus, where it would be safer to find what she needed. Unfortunately the campus was also a much larger competition ground due to the centralized location of prey. Right now the phantom like woman was running out of time, before she unaligned with shokushu's dimensional plane. The striking of wood caught her attention, could it be a student or just another being ? It was best to investigate rather then waste any more time. Keeping her distance she could see a student armed with a large wooden sword. Aisaka had to wonder where she had acquired such a weapon, since such things were not allowed on campus. The spirit hand touched the trunk of a tree, the light blue flames that composed her body changing to wood. It would allow her to better blend in with the environment. The one students activities brought out another student this one with raven hair.

Aisaka just stood in the shadows of the far off in the brush, but close enough to ease drop on there conversation. It was best to keep a low profile while getting a feel for the two woman. Both of them looked like they could provide enough energy to sustain the phantom for some time. Aisaka would note the girls names for future reference along with their heritage. For now she would just observe and wait for a proper moment.

Story Index: Yoko's encounters

Sat May 09, 2015 3:46 am

Post Re: Other Dimensions (Aisaka and Machi)
Midori knew of the sport though she didn't practice it, easy to tell practitioners of Kendo held a certain pride about them. Sometimes the most skilled ones would allow it to go to their heads. Though Machi was training deep in the woods for another reason. For starters weapons where prohibited outside of the gym, even then it was a pain in the ass to train with appropriately when the coach barely allowed the wooden swords to be use... Training with wooden swords was a practice as old as the Samurai, it prevented unneeded injuries and provided a great stimulus to improve one self when they found they had been struck too many times. Besides the wooden sword she wielded permitted a certain level of cutting for an average swords for her, in her hands. The wooden sword she had constructed was just as lethal as normal katana, for this reason she trained hidden the forest away from praying eye's, . Or so she thought, she hadn't had much experience with this island therefore she was unware of the true nature of the place...

She couldn't deny however the place carried an ominous scent it's air, and that the girls here where too caught in their conceded ways to give a damn. It was this understanding and her own social awkwardness that kept Machi silent. Besides Midori seemed to have an idea she had secrete techniques she wish to keep hidden, her silence would only confirm that. Machi hadn't quiet discerned the girls ethnicity, though tortured all life about it she never allowed herself to bring upon others. Though to here that she was Chinese-Japanese, was a bit of a surprise given the two countries deep and long hatred of each other. No more than WWII when Japan Invaded China and other neighboring countries. During that time Japan was wining the war, till the entry of the U.S and the final days of the war. The racism brought on her must have been cruel, that brought her some sort of comfort knowing she wasn't alone on that front. Still she was an outcast time of adults made it more devious, but children where cruel and direct fearless in their wake of tyranny...

"Yes i have quiet the jokes about alcohol and yes it gets quiet old at times. Though I am told our family on both sides can hold our liquor well... I haven't made any attempts to put it to the test however." Machi said finally responding to the other girl, it took a bit of detecting but Midori was thinking of something else when it came to her family heritage, her body language spoke she wanted to inquire about something else but didn't out of whatever variable there was. Observant as she was it was clear the girl was harboring a deep rage , pain, and agony. In a way it referenced Machi, then again it was the opposite. Perhaps machi had been looking at the girl too much, as Midori questioned why she out there on her on own away from the campus then paused as she seemed to come to a conclusion.

"You can say that." Machi replied sternly, her tone was slightly defensive as she replied.

Mon May 11, 2015 3:27 am

We were not alone. I had thought I had seen something and paused for a moment … either it was nothing or was hidden fairly well though what little I had seen was transparent … transparent was in the other realm and could not interact with this one. After a second though I dismissed it for even if it were a creature it was not one on this realm and so it had not concerned me.

What was more of an issue was the fact that the fact that they were crossing over in some way. At least a few of them had but I could count these on one hand over the numerous years I had seen these things. Here on Shokushu, there was something on the island or a rift of some sort I did not know.

But nothing happened and I simply surmised it was another harmless critter I had seen. Wile I could perceive them in the other realm objects in this realm still blocked my line of sight to them and it was probably just on the opposite side of the tree out of sight.

But I had let it go. Irish jokes about drinking were pretty common such as the matter about tall people and the weather …

Machi took her Kendo seriously. I was never one to be too athletic not that I was a complete slouch but I was far more prone to watching old movies and shows rather than being out there … Kyo did not often allow me to leave, sort of the reverse of most parents who had to kick their kids outside to get some fun and off of video game systems that I did not have.

But she was a little defensive about her training out here “I am not going to tell anyone. I am looking for something though I'm not sure what,” I explain to her to alleviate this defensiveness a little. “It's hard to explain though..”

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Mon May 11, 2015 12:29 pm

Aisaka shirked further behind the tree she was using for cover. Had the raven hair girl noticed her, or perhaps the young student had just glanced in her general direction. The phantom hated this part of the game as it was, though she doubted that the students enjoyed playing it. She could test there spatial and situational awareness. Aisaka nodded to herself thinking that was a good idea. It would tell her how on guard the two student's were. The phantom would peek around the tree again looking at the woman with the wooden sword. Aisaka would spawn a tendril, that would normally be invisible to normal eyes, from behind a tree in the opposite direction she was in. It wasn't moving quickly, but quick enough to give the kendo girl a tap on the shoulder and pull back behind the girl. After all it wasn't like the two of them could see it. It was all most like it was testing the waters, or whatever it was attached to was.

Story Index: Yoko's encounters

Tue May 12, 2015 6:37 pm

Somehow there was a odd presence in the air. Not unusual for the forest she often felt that way even watched sometimes. She focused on Midori for the time being her senses aware, but unable to detect the spirited being watching the two of them. "Something you can't explain huh?" Machi said eying the girl, that was interesting yet not, a lot of people searched for things they didn't know of.

she didn't want to, but as Samurai it was her job to assist who needed help. At least that's how she lived traditional Samurai not so much or to quiet the extent she took it."If you explain perhaps I can be of assistance...Hmm." Machi felt something tap her shoulder, and before then something seemingly sneak up on her with a malice intent. She reacted quickly poised to fight in an instant. Nothing... As far she could see any way. It was beyond strange, supernatural really, the only time she couldn't see a target or enemy was when she was blind fighting, here she was not blind, and was positive something tapped her bare shoulder.

Tue May 12, 2015 10:20 pm

Even though I could see into that other realm I was still effected by line of sight. I could not see through trees or walls for instance and by that same reasoning something that was invisible in this dimension or the other had still been concealed to my senses for the mos part. Sometimes I felt things as well though far too late for it to matter.

Thus I had not seen the tendrils or even feel an unusual presence as I had just had and so my focus did no leave Machi. Sill she seemed curious as to what I meant … what did I mean actually? It would be risky just coming out and speaking my mind about those strange events though Sapphire came right on out and confirmed what I already knew though I would have considered her crazy if I had not been attacked a few times, maybe I would have been more prone to believe since I saw the beings from the other dimension often enough.

“Um … well I'm not really sure. Have you heard about ley lines? Where they intersect areas of great power are believed to exist. Stone Hedge and other sites are thought to be constructed on such sights … it's a magic thing but I don't know, I guess I'm looking for a hot spot that just feels different ...”

I knew no magic of course but had heard of some that used it whether “real” or in Wiccan ceremonies. I guess this was the safest way to announce my motives rather than bursting out into tears about some nonsense I have seen beasts and and they've done such horrible things this was an easier pill to swallow.

My hazel eyes widen at the burst of movement. “What it it?” I am alarmed looking all over but I only see that strange transparent caterpillar-like thing higher up on a branch and it didn't seem to be paying us any attention.

There was nothing … but was there something here? I was unsure, my heart racing against my chest as I continue to search the area with my eyes slowly calming when there was nothing revealed or nothing immediately springing out at me.

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Tue May 12, 2015 11:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next