View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Pecularities of Pride (for Vera) 

Post Re: Pecularities of Pride (for Vera)
Him trying to reopen closed matters was not helping him in the slightest. Vera let the man ramble on about the payment matter and his pointless complaints. For a monster, he sure did whine alot. She made her offer quite clear when they made it back in the library. There is no point in complaining about it further. She will make note to never bother making deals with this one again. At least Miss Steel was more direct and fair in their transactions assuming you can ignore the metal woman's insanity.

The monster clearly did not get that she did not have time for games. She deals with monsters, students, staff, and is a slave to a headmaster. Playing these games were not beneficial to her in the slightest. If this was just to avoid paying with her body or some other monsterous junk, she would rather just pay it and move on.

The Head Girl looked at the flier the monster made himself. She was unsure how to describe this idea. The thought was perhaps there but this was not some street gang they were dealing with. There was no territory or position to fight over. It made no sense to make a group trying to fight a shadow. "I fail to see how this challenge would mean anything to the Red Hand," Vera replied, her tone was neutral and was not even talking down to the monster anymore, "Wait... I suppose they would react to it if it were left behind after a fail attempt or on a captured and corrected student. But that still leaves what this is suppose to do for you. Are you intending on being a one monster faction to deal with these students? As a monster you are free to capture whatever students you wish so I fail to see what exactly this has to do with me. Can you tell me more about this foe you intend on creating?"

She would humor the monster for now. Vera was sure there would be something that would tie her into this or otherwise cost her. So far, she was not looking forward to paying this monster when she already had another monster who could do this for a much cheaper price.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:49 am

"Don't give me that look." He raises an eyebrow at her and tsks quietly. "It's for your own good to understand the rationale here... especially since these tiny things would be dangerous with any other monster. You may be 'above' the monsters, but you are 'below' the students. Be wary of your pride, just as I must be. My error is my own, just as yours. But it is my error not to have steered you to the right idea, eh?"

Reaching down to the flier again, he carefully takes the Red Hands'. "Mine has been placed at the same places this has been. And soon, it will correlate to situations as you've described..."

Pausing, he picked out the words necessary to describe the most difficult part of it all... "My 'intentions'... are simple, but varied. My benefit of this, for the moment, is curiosity. I don't merely intend to ravish students... I only do that on occasion, and only with those I find special."

"...This is something else. An experiment, perhaps... a few things. But the thing is... that students that seem 'capable' have been faced by me, and challenged. The simplest consequence of this is that any who win, will win what they've asked for."

His eyes close, his head cocking to one side. "I don't care for material things. I don't care about giving knowledge. I surely don't care if I must do tasks that are not dangerous. So, simply put, if one bests me, I have no reason not to pay the 'price'. Even if it's painful to me."

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:07 am
Profile YIM

The monster was doing that speaking but not saying anything again. He lingered about how he did not care about the price and was only curious but beyond that he told her nothing. Vera still saw no reason for this monster to be here. She had better things to do than have every monster show up telling her who they were going to play with.

"So why tell me this?" she replied, "As long as you follow the rules and agreements with Shokushu and the island, you are free to have your fun with the students. I still fail to see how I fit into any of this. You wish to play with the Red Hand, that is your business." The rules were simple for monsters. No permament abductions, no impregnating students, no causing lasting physical harm, and no revealing things to large groups of the student body. As long as those rules were followed, the monster was free to rape and take whoever he wished.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:18 am

"Why tell you this?" He honestly looked surprised, then shrugged. "What is the first thing a student like that would ask for?"

"Weapons. Knowledge for war. Even more subtler things... for example, knowledge of means of escape, disguised as something else. The rules I set forth are simple enough.

The stakes must be equal or equivalent... weighed towards the value towards the recipient, mostly.
The person choosing the stakes must offer up something of value of themselves, so they can't trade solely trash for treasures. As per 'when in Rome', if it is the student, their 'body' for at least a night is the default. ...But 'other' valuable things to them are acceptable.
They can't ask for the 'alpha or omega'... I cannot be banished forever, nor can they be taken forever, for example. There is no 'everything or nothing'.
And finally, they can't ask for something that would directly reveal the nature of this place, it's purpose, and such...

But while I doubt they can ever offer up enough stakes for a 'firearm' or 'explosives' in a place like this, if they win...

There is much they can still ask for. I don't believe they would kill a student... even you... but from what I understand, you have been seeking them out. If they win something such as a 'favor' from me, I could be asked to 'punish' you in their stead. But that's only a very basic example..."

Extending an arm, he points towards her door. "There's no rules providing the tools to disable a security system, or being forced to do it myself. Or means that will eventually allow a student to escape, or damage something important. And it's easily possible to ask for something that appears harmless, but can accomplish something like those above..."

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:29 am
Profile YIM

"If I am targeted then so be it," she said simply, "I knew the risks of becoming a Head Girl and being punished by a monster is just part of the job from time to time. If it happens often, that just means you have been losing to humans often. But I would like to correct some issues with your rules." The Head Girl stood up from her desk, smoothing her skirt before continuing. "You cannot mention anything about the security system much less be allowed to do so. You can disable the fire alarms or things that an ordinary school may have but you cannot disable the security measures used to control and monitor the students. You are not the only monster on this island and it is not your place to suddenly decide to threaten this resort due to your own game."

"Also having a student escape would involve revealing the nature of this place one way or another so that will not be allowed either," the woman continued, "You cannot just make up a game and its rules and use this island as your game board. There are rules for this island that you and every monster must obey or else everything will fall apart. You cannot kill a student even if that is the price they want. You cannot provide them with weapons either as that threatens the school itself. You apparently did not consider the rules when you tried to force your own into this matter. You cannot do anything that will cause problems for this school. This school is here for a reason and if you mess with this place, you will have more than just humans hunting you down."

"This matter should have been taken to Madison and not myself," she said finally, "And I will have to report this so called game you are trying to do. From there you can speak to her personally to get this matter within the boundaries of the rules. Otherwise, you cannot do this and the school will stop you from doing it. Curiosity or not, it is not your place to decide if your game can threaten the school and the staff like this."

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:47 am

"Obviously I'm not the only one... that's why I'm talking to you. Killing, or escaping, a student directly is an 'end', an omega, so it is disallowed." Ico said drily.

"And I think you are underestimating them a little. I can't provide 'weapons'... and obviously things beyond their grasp I won't. But a student could kill you with a shoelace. Three of the most dangerous weapons that a trained fighter uses are common things. Knives, yes. But the other is a flashlight or rolled magazine."

"So shall I not allow a student to take a magazine from me? Before you leap to conclusions, you best consider the thing fully, shouldn't you? Obviously I won't do anything to seriously endanger the school. But my point is that the students can, already, in some ways."

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:52 am
Profile YIM

"Now you are wasting my time again," she sighed, "If you do not like the rules, leave the island. I have better things to do than listen to you nitpick about the rules. And apparently you cannot define what is seen as a threat to the school." Really this was going nowhere. A magazine? Really? Everyone is aware you can kill someone with something as simple as a pencil but those are not weapons. Anyone with common sense would know what a weapon was. If students want to get magazines or a flashlight, so be it. Those were not threats to the school.

"Can you please leave now," she said calmly, "I believe I given enough respect to listen to this. This is truly Madison's area and you should see her about the details. This is growing tiring and there is no real reason for me to be involved in this. The worst that could happen to me is I am punished or captured. But they will not be able to do much to me that I have not already suffered worse." Ico has succeeded in being more tiring than Cala ever was when they first met. She just wanted this monster out of her room or to fuck her stupid at this point. Either way, she would at least get some sleep afterwards.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:07 am

A hand is raised slowly. "If it's 'Madison's territory, it's too much. They can't obviously have stakes that high. I'm talking to you because there are going to be things on 'your level'... the point of talking to you is that this will likely involve you.

"Frankly, I've seen monsters already provide students with things like weapons, even abilities, before... they haven't been in trouble, I imagine, because those abilities were never used that way, no? But if you learn the students have even butterknives provided from me, perhaps you would have thought I was trying to sabotage things. I had to know what 'you' felt... and to know who else would be involved..."

"It's not as though I can't simply say the 'stakes are too high for me'... so stop acting as though I'm a saboteur..."

"...I'm obviously just wary about doing something that would get me killed. It's a razor's edge, and I'd trust your clarity more than anothers' in that. Forgive me for wanting it to be crystal clear. A rule doesn't come with the 'attitude' behind it, just the words it forms."

Finally, he reaches up, putting a hand on his head. "But I am interested in seeing... whether you can outsmart these young rogues, and what your true potential is. And that's where this DOES involve you...

And for it, I will take a cut of your workload in exchange."

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:28 am
Profile YIM

With a more direct question, Vera could at least give an appropriate answer to this. "The most monsters have provided is magical or perhaps mental training as far as what I have collected," she replied, "Magic is always a concern but there is the dampening field ensuring those who have power cannot use it effectively enough to stop the guests here from having their fun. In fact monsters may even prefer some fight in their prey. But with the dampening field, a student will not be able to do prolong damage to the school. Even the strongest of students here can only do some structural damage before burning herself out and being completely helpless. With so little power, even if they did something drastic like kill a student or a staff member, their lives are effectively over."

"If it were possible, we would take away their powers as well but doing so would bring unnecessary attention to the school's workings. Things like knives are actual weapons that are not allowed in a school in the first place. There is no reason to give student a butterfly knife, especially as a tip or payment. I suggest you do not give them actual weapons," Vera continued, "If it is something the student is allowed to have during normal hours, then there is no issues in giving them such an item like a magazine or a flashlight. Things like knives would not be allowed even though..." she thinks for a moment, "Perhaps this will make it easier. If you are providing a weapon like a knife or bat, something that is in the school either for sports or class labs, then report to me where the items will be delivered and things can be handled from there. Just because someone asks for weapons for the deal does not mean you cannot tell the staff about it happening. It would make capturing them easier in that way or at least keep track of them and confiscate the weapons again."

She would still rather this monster check in with the higher ups on this. But the monster did mention if it is that high level he would not allow it to be a price. That might be suitable. Anything else if closely monitored can be dealt with. That only leaves his last questions about what she intends to do about the Red Hand.

"As long as the leader and high ranking members remain completely hidden, the group will remain. But they do not have an infinite number of members. Any propaganda they put up is immediately removed so the student body is still ignorant of what this school really is. So the only potential members available are troublemakers who aim too high or students who question or have encountered monsters. That leaves them with very few numbers and what lackeys they use for their leg work are punished and interogated thoroughly. It is safe to say those students rarely return to the group. Unfortunately they communicate through a message system so few have direct contact with other members. Really they are delaying the inevitable and will never build the numbers necessary to be a true threat. Much like the monsters, it is more of a simple game and the troublemakers only provide more targets for the monsters on the island." That answer should clear up any questions the monster may have on what her stance is on the matter.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:54 am

Slowly, he winks as he talks. "Yes... and I said butter. I wouldn't correct, but a 'butterfly' knife is scarier than a gun in close quarters."

"And I'm glad you understand my intentions now. But ironically, I'll have to warn you... that I'll have to be forthcoming about reporting any dangerous goods. It's kind of funny, but... you see, there's so little 'authenticity' here, that I can't afford to cheat."

A grin to her now. "As much as I can be deceptive, if I break my own rules, or play too deceptively, it discourages the attempt. Too, if the rewards are too cheap, there's no point in 'the risk'. So I have to walk the line of providing 'just enough' that they want what I have, but it won't break the rules. See? It's funny..."

He pauses for a long moment, then finally shrugs. "So... it's an amusing conundrum. But there are ways that I can do what I want, keep them from even wanting to kill you, and even only bend a few rules for only temporary consequences. The problem is setting this up to begin with..."

"You've been very generous with explaining things... and I have plenty of time, against your impatience. I'm interested in seeing you against them, not just the Red Hand, but even other students. What, then, is that time and effort worth to you?"

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:09 am
Profile YIM

"As long as we are clear on what you can provide to students as 'winnings' for your game," Vera said, "Also if you must mention you will report the matter on the weapons, do not mention my name or the Head Girls. This is your game not mine and I prefer not to be completely thrown into the fire because you talk too much."

The Head Girl took the time to pull back her long silver hair back behind her shoulders. Of course the moment she finished the gesture, stray strands fell before her face. The student was weary but at least things seemed to be going in some sort of direction now. Of course there was still more that the monster wished to know. Vera could do little but politely answer his questions as best as possible though she failed to see the point in these curiosities.

"All corrections done in the basement have been recorded. If you wish to see what I have done to take care of students, I can see about providing a disc with a those encounters," she answered, "I prefer not having an audience when I work as it may effect the students reactions and mood if someone was just observing." Thanks to the new camera system, having recordings of monster rapes and Head Girls in the basement provided entertainment to both men and monster alike. In some cases they can act as a teaching aid for future Head Girls and possibly Prefects as well.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:19 pm

"That's not what I was saying, Vera." He was smiling, walking past her... he stops at the door, turning to face her, and leans back against it lightly. "As I said before, I took an 'opportunity'. I took a place between you and them, and have challenged them to war."

"This is not an advantage to you... it means I'll be there to interfere, as well. Of course, you'll still be able to punish students... but I'll be a problem, a shadow over the area of these 'troublemakers', for them and you both. ...I was planning merely to challenge both fronts..."

"However... thanks to your your kind words..." He says sardonically, grinning over at Vera. "I'll assume my 'gift' of assistance was not worth 'taking' something... but since this opportunity for you to oppose them alone was already taken, I'll give you a 'choice' instead."

He didn't miss the way she brushed back her hair. She was as lovely as ever, and as distant and cold as moonlight. But tonight, he was not going to 'partake' of that. This step was more important, and he was patient. A loss here, a loss there, it did not matter. Later, he can make up things... not even by being disingenuous. But if she was going to be involved, he'd obviously have to be 'as fair' as with the other students...

"I'll provide you with assistance concerning your other activities, as I mentioned, in return for your help 'consulting and preparing'. Menial labor for menial labor, as you have been cooperative in that at least.

But... as for my activity itself, I'll allow you to make a choice as to the 'direction of my activity'. One such direction, for example... was allowing you to take them on, yourself. My 'opponents', that is... That means, instead of just spreading out in every direction and opposing you both... I'll work to 'draw you closer'. To those I pick out, and surely to the Hand as well... if you can use it to your advantage."

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:38 am
Profile YIM

It did not concern her about how this monster was interfering. She did not know where any of the leaders of this rebel group were. Though catching them was important, for now she was just ensuring order was maintained in the school. If the officers of this group are just going to hide and let her keep punishing their members so be it. "I care not what direction you go with this. But if I find you are defending these students from other monsters, there will be issues. Monster do not come to this island to duke it out. You have the entire galaxy to use as a battlefield," she replied.

"If you wish to bring me closer to the Hand, fine," she answered, "But I have no intention of being involved with your other opponents, whoever they might be. This will be your mess and I prefer not to be stuck cleaning it up because you lack any sense of responsibility." An opponent for a monster could be anything and Vera definitely did not want to be caught dealing with both monsters and humans when trying to keep things under control. Something tells her this was going to be more trouble than its worth. Unfortunately she was only human and it was not like she had the power to stop this conversation effectively. The most she could do was damage control to prevent the conflict from becoming too chaotic.

"Is there anything else?" she asked. As long as things were clear to the monster, it should be satisfactory for now. If things prove too difficult, she will have to deal with this matter a different way.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:41 pm

Snickering, he winks at Vera. "Cleaning up my mess? Heh... do you often treat monsters like children? You must really not like me..."

"...but I don't mind letting you say things and do things you'll regret later. Even more so if you won't."

Smiling, he raises up a finger to her, the digit stretching out slowly to raise up like a serpent... but it did not strike, merely holding there. "If you thought I'd do such a thing though, 'fighting', you really don't know me. A monster facing a monster is foolhardy... less about skill, more about 'power'... much like rocks and scissors, but you can't change what you have, merely... stretch it. One such as myself, steeped in 'physical', is probably the weakest type of them all... so no, such a thing wouldn't fare well for me."

The digit withdrew quickly. The startling thing though was a shift in tone and timbre, from his whimsical playfulness to a kind of quiet, almost asleep tone. "But I haven't spoke a whit about other monsters... truthfully, I care nothing about them, and have no desire to have anything to do with them. Such a change in subject from you, though... what I was saying was simple enough... but you are merely resigned...

..so you can make your 'choice' later. In the meantime, you have a week to prepare. With no direction, I'll go in 'all'... so as I said before, in case you missed it... I'll spread out in all directions and challenge you and the 'able' students both. But I'm taking pity upon you, and giving you warning... a game in a week, and you have a chance to be ready."

"Oh. And your 'payment' for a consultation..." Slowly, he pulls on her door, opening it, but letting her respond as he does.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:49 am
Profile YIM

Vera was usually respectful to the island's "guests" but she did not consider herself a pushover either. Yes, the monsters were in control and have already shown their superiority over humans with the fact this school and island exists in the first place. That did not mean she was going to just roll over and be their slave, unless of course the Headmaster ordered her to do so. This monster was easily more annoying the others. He was trying to get around the system to make his own little game using this school as the playing board. The annoying part was how she was pretty much dragged into this game against her will. She had better things to do than to deal with a monster's whimsical ideas of fun and curiosity.

Her eyes narrowed slightly as the monster showed some of his monsterous aspect in the form of a stretching finger. She would not be threaten by this man, monster or not. "I am merely making things very clear, like you asked. If I had brought it up then it was a matter of importance that needed to be clarified," she replied softly. Seeing the creature open the door to leave was a sign that the thing had what he wanted. "If there is nothing else, enjoy your little game." She said calmly as she returned to her chair. It was about as polite as she would get for this monster after the hassle she had already been through already. Perhaps she should have just punished Cala herself back then. Cala was growing to enjoy both the punishment and rewards she provides.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next