View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 To serve Ms. Saika (Natsuki Saika) 

Post Re: To serve Ms. Saika (Natsuki Saika)
It was no accident that Natsuki had chosen to teach photography in her guise as a new teacher. There were a variety of interests that contributed to her love of photography, not the least of which were her voyeuristic inclinations. She had been watching Pia unobtrusively ever since they had begun their walk, a fact to which Pia appeared to be oblivious, her attention dominated by handling the picnic basket and her own licentious, though tame, daydreams. But Natsuki did not miss the striking redness that erupted across Pia's face or the way her free hand rose, unbidden, to conceal the fetching hue her cheeks were developing. A pleasant suspicion made Natsuki smile.

"That looks like a fine place to picnic." Miss Saika acquiesced. Her palm came to rest on Pia's shoulder, familiar and reassuring. The teacher drifted closer, on the lookout for a resurgence of fire on Pia's cheeks. If Pia's blushing had anything at all to do with her, then surely she could coax it back out. "Did you choose that spot for the flowers?" Miss Saika wondered aloud, sending her breath billowing into the tender recesses of Pia's ear. "Yellow chrysanthemum's...daisies..." The teacher covered her lips with her fingertips, glancing at Pia coyly. "You wouldn't happen to know what those flowers mean would you?" With a laugh, Miss Saika cast her insinuating comment to the breeze and sprang forward to the indicated meadow.

"Sure, the class will take pictures in the rainforest sometimes." Natsuki said in response to Pia's earlier question as she joined her. "But not always. Here. Let me help with that." With both of their hands working the contents of the basket were revealed one after another; raspberry preserves (as promised), a little jar of comb honey, fresh rolls of bread with crinkling skins, a dark wooden platter arrayed with a kind of sushi composed entirely of cut fruit and sticky rice, all laid on a traditional white and red checked cloth. There was even a quartet of dainty muffins.

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:53 pm
Profile YIM

Natsuki's touch was gentle, but it was her voice in Pia's ear that did it, really. So close, a new level of intimacy. Her mouth so close to Pia, her voice.. what was it with her voice? It was kind of like it held a level of hidden promises underneath the audible words. Suddenly, Pia's appreciation of Natsuki as a woman, a desirable woman, peaked. A mild infatuation became a little pang of desire, not lessened by the coy, yet almost mischievous glance she gave Pia.

Natsuki's play had succeeded, she had slipped right by Pia's guard. This moment Pia would remember, and the memory would nest in Pia's imagination, then hatch a multitude of imagined scenarios.

"Yeah, they are pretty..", Pia mumbled lamely, trying to regain her mental footing. She had no knowledge of the hidden symbolism of the flowers, and now she was afraid to ask, as if she would ruin the secret by probing it.

And then the moment was gone, Natsuki almost dancing away on swift feet. A modern day nymph playing on the meadows, to Pia's mind. Suddenly, Pia could not help but laugh. Surely, any innuendo was in Pia's mind. Natsuki was a playful and free spirit, a rare thing, and Pia found herself a bit happier just to be in her company.

Pia hurried after her, still mindful of the basket.

Natsuki had prepared quite some breakfast. Honey, muffins, even sushi. To Pia, breakfast usually meant yoghurt. Nutritious, easily digested, easily forgotten. This was a meal, meant to be enjoyed.
"If you.. if you don't mind me saying.. You seem like a.. uh..a person who knows how to enjoy the good life", said Pia, It was meant to be a compliment, but now she felt stupid compared to Natsuki's effortless grace.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:25 pm
Profile YIM

Pia's inept compliments did not bother Miss Saika, who only nodded, acknowledging the obvious while she poured iced tea into little pale cups of clay. She passed one of the cups to Pia, resting the cup in a matching clay dish so that the uneven ground would not conspire to tip the beverage.

"I do not perceive the purpose of living badly." Miss Saika noted, sipping at her drink. "It is easy for me to enjoy life, since I am a lucky individual. Lucky in that I have the wherewithal to make my own choices, and to do whatever it is that makes me happy. It may seem like an achievement to maintain a carefree lifestyle, but the truth is nearly anybody could live the same way, if they only had the proper resources."

Natsuki might have sounded modest but in truth her wealth and her lifestyle were exceedingly luxurious, far beyond what Pia surely estimated, and she was well aware that most of her pleasures were available due to fortunate circumstances. But she'd allowed herself to reference her actual life, not the apparent one of Miss Saika. A small mistake, but too many mistakes of that sort would build upon one another like raindrops on a pane of painted glass, consolidating their numbers to make ever larger beads of water, until the sheer bulk of her errors would smear the image of herself she was trying to convey. She took another sip of tea, eying her bashful assistant. Perhaps, she thought, she might turn her errant musings into a productive line of conversation. Natsuki grinned, twining a lock of her sun brightened hair around her little finger.

"Why, take yourself as an example Pia. Judging from your reasons for becoming my aid I'd guess that Shokushu isn't always your favorite place. Access to new clothes is restricted, after all, and most of the time all of your peers are wearing the same uniforms. You visit the same areas on campus, eat roughly the same prepared meals, and attend the same schedule of classes week after week." Now she held up a finger, pausing to wet her lips on her tea and select a piece of mango sushi from its platter. "However, if you could choose what you ate, such as this morsel," Miss Saika bit into her treat, staining the white rice with pink impressions of her lips, "and then the next day, choose something else," wherein the teacher swiped a dollop of jam from the lid of the tin and licked it from her fingertip, "tedium couldn't set in. Particularly if you chose to avoid unflavorable cuisine, to eat only what is most inspiring."

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:32 pm
Profile YIM

Pia did indeed notice the reference to Ms. Saika, but did narrowly miss some of the implications. Apparently, she had access to wealth, she was a woman of means. She did not think a temporary position such as hers would yield so much in material wealth, but perhaps she had money from elsewhere. Indeed, is she was both competent enough and rich, her teaching here could merely be a diversion. Then again.. what would make someone like Natsuki wish to be here? Did she even know the purpose of this place? Now Pia was confused..

She snapped back when her own life was addressed. It stuck home. Shokushu did not seem so bad. It had brilliant beaches, people Pia had learned to know.. Pia would not say she had been bored here. Far from it, a little less excitement would be welcome at times. But even if one did try to take away the monster attacks from the equation, Pia was unable to enjoy the tropical paradise. She knew it was a prison she could never leave.

"This place.. it is so beautiful. And I guess I have no right to complain.. but I do wish I could go somewhere else. I really do.."

Pia clammed shut. This was for two reasons. One was that she was about to blab, almost revealing that she knew returning home would not be allowed, and that this was not Earth. She was pretty sure she was not supposed to know. Natsuki seemed kind enough, but there were risk she was not willing to take.

"I guess.. I am mostly a bookworm", Pia said "I mean, I like reading and studying. But sometimes.. I wish I was a bit more of the spontaneous type, maybe the type who makes a bit more of a splash. I guess I am a bit boring, by some standards."

Pia did not quite know why she said that, it just dropped out for some reason.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:26 pm
Profile YIM

"Oh Pia, I didn't mean to suggest that you were boring!" Miss Saika protested, replacing her tea in its saucer so allow herself to lean forward earnestly on one arm whilst the other squeezed Pia's knee. "I only thought you might be unstimulated. Do you think of yourself that way? As boring?"

Natsuki feigned concern as she considered Pia's behavior. The way she acted she clearly was aware of a contrast between herself and Miss Saika, though she hadn't mentioned any such thing outright. But the characterization was there nonetheless. If Pia thought of Natsuki as "a woman who knew how to enjoy the good life" and of herself as boring, then she must see some quality in Natsuki that she felt herself to lack. Leverage. Natsuki needed only to know where the fulcrum of this dynamic lay. Was Pia self conscious about her body? Her mode of dress? Or was she simply ambitious and disappointed in her present achievements? The last seemed unlikely; Pia did not strike her as a prima donna.

"If you feel that way maybe you should change your routine?" Miss Saika ventured, gently probing. "I'm not familiar with your habits but if you stay inside most of the time perhaps you should swim, or join the equestrian club, or maybe just gather some friends for a party? You could even borrow some of my clothing if you're overwhelmed by uniforms."

The teacher dropped her eyes, as though her suggestions were casual and the breakfast was beckoning. In reality Natsuki had all but lost her appetite concentrating on the girl sitting in front of her. Brash, confident students were so much simpler to guide, she'd found, than shy women like Pia. One does a favor for them and they accept you as a resource. Snub them and they nurse vengeance, or trigger furious confrontation. Show up to the dance in a more impressive dress and their jealousy boils like pea soup in a kettle. Pia was more withdrawn, secreting her motivations behind layers of subterfuge and mental walls. Already Natsuki sensed that she had circumvented Pia's defenses, but even now she suppressed the urge to twitch, to tap her knee or bite her lip as she waited for how Pia would react to her latest words. Damn her mystique!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:40 pm
Profile YIM

"Swimming is nice..", Pia said, her voice trailing off. For a second, just a few heartbeats, she seemed to stare off into nothing, and darker emotions seemed to play out on her face. Pia was a very good swimmer, one of the few athletic pursuits she enjoyed. She liked beaches the most, indoor pools always seemed a bit sterile to her. The beaches in the brochure was really one of the reasons she went here. She had bought a new swimsuit, one with a more daring cut and a bolder display of colours. More than a year ago, it had been lost. Shredded on a sand dune, no doubt washed away with the next tide.. She did not venture to the beach much after that. The uniform swimsuit would do..

The moment passed. Pia snapped back, not wanting to let that particular memory drag her down. She smiled nervously, and fidgeted a little with her food, averting her face. Natsuki had actually managed to strike home several times in the last sentence. One was the trauma of the beach, but that was long ago. Then there was Pia's lack of a social network, and her wish to be someone better, prettier and more confident than herself.

"Y-you are very kind. You really are, but you do not have to lend me anything, really." Pia stammered. She then hesitated. Was the refusal rude, perhaps? Too dismissing? Besides, what she wanted was not what she was saying. "I mean.. I would love to, but.."

"But perhaps you have a few words of advice?", she said, reeling herself in. "I am afraid you rather outclass me in style and fashion sense. I am a bit of a nerd, after all."

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:20 pm
Profile YIM

“Swimming is nice…” Pia commented quietly, her eyes faraway. There was a crease in her brow, and the corners of her eyes crinkled as if from a migraine. If Pia had been a hermit crab she would have retreated into her shell. Natsuki’s last remark seemed to have disturbed the schoolgirl somehow, touching upon something tender and sore. The false teacher’s instinct was to berate herself for her carelessness, but that accomplished nothing useful, and she took in a deep, slow breath, allowing her urge to self deprecate dissolve like the ocean breeze through the grass. Much more productive to let the girl continue talking, if she had a mind to, and perhaps ascertain where she had erred in speaking to her so that she could rectify the mistake. In that avenue of thought Miss Saika nursed what remained of her tea. It had a pleasant, distracting flavor.

Sure enough, Pia reverted to her former clumsy charm, vocally tripping over herself in refusing Natsuki’s offer, then reconsidering, then finally barreling onward with a request for advice, flattering her teacher and denigrating herself in the same breath. Natsuki set down her teacup with a satisfied clink, glad to discover that her faux pas had been minor, and easily dismissed. Channeling that sense of complacency into her body language Natsuki made an unhappy moue and waggled her finger at Pia half seriously, taking advantage of her teacher’s role.

“Well first off I’d leave off calling yourself a nerd Pia.” Natsuki admonished. “That word is in vogue right now but it still holds negative connotations, especially when you use it to compare yourself to others. Concerning fashion sense…” Natsuki shrugged, tugging on her chemise shirt indifferently. “…don’t trivialize yourself. The way a person looks in clothes depends on two things.” At this point the teacher pushed herself closer to Pia, threatening to overturn the dishes spread along the checked cloth, and solemnly beckoned for Pia to lean closer, so that she might impart her fashion secrets to her alone, deliberately dramatic. “The first is your attitude, which is something that can be taught. There’s a reason actors and dancers command an audience’s attention, you know. The other thing?” Natsuki waited to be sure she had Pia’s attention before continuing. “You have to be beautiful.” Here Natsuki returned to her upright posture, heaving an artful sigh. “Therein lies the rub, as Shakespear would say, for most people. Some people are just unfortunate. Luckily for you though Pia, you don’t have that problem. Your figure is one of the shapeliest I’ve seen.”

Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:06 pm
Profile YIM

Both Natsuki's compliments and her sudden closeness took Pia completely by surprise, and she could not come up with a sensible reply, but perhaps her body language was reply enough. She blushed, not a full tomato blush, but with a definite reddening of the cheeks, and her eyes wee suddenly downcast, half hidden under her eyelashes. Yet there was a shy little smile on her lips, quietly defying her own embarrassment. Pia was not used to having her looks praised, yet who can resist a compliment such as the one Ms.Saika had just given her?

Like many people, Pia had a bit of a blind spot when it came to herself. Her late preadolescence and puberty had not been gentle with her, and she had gotten so used to seeing herself as the short, pudgy one that the image had somehow stuck. Not that Pia was terribly short now, just a few centimetres below the average for a Scandinavian woman, and she certainly was not fat. Indeed, her body tending towards the rare hourglass shape, a genetic gift from her mother, Pia could probably gain a few kilos and still be considered rather well shaped. But her self image had somehow ended up being considerably less flattering.

Pia was well aware that Natsuki was quite attractive, though, very much so when she was so close. This did not help Pia's blush at all. She fidgeted a little with the food, daring a coy glance at Natsuki from the corner of her eyes.

"Uh.. thank you!" Pia said, attempting recovery. "You are much too kind, but thanks.."

"I am a nerd, though, and have been since way before it was trendy." She had no problem with that. Pia was the bookish one, nothing could change that. "But.. uh.. I guess I could work on the self confidence thing. That is true. I mean, no law says I can't be self assured just because I know the Dewey system, right?"

Pia quickly took a small bite of the food, allowing herself some reprieve as she did not quite know how to go with the conversation further than this.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:25 pm
Profile YIM

"Yes! Exactly!" Natsuki enthused, allowing herself to settle back with a smile. The dangerous moment had passed, and she'd planted the lure in Pia's mind without seeming to weaken her own position. She saw the heightened color in Pia's cheeks, the bashful way she averted her eyes, and felt certain that between her hours as an assistant Pia would be alert for excuses to be near her. The more shy a person was the more they tended to cleave to an individual that they liked.

There was no need to belabor the conversation, and the fine weather encouraged quiet enjoyment, so the two of them ate sedately from that point on, chattering idly when they deigned to speak. Hot sunlight soaked their bones in pleasure. The salt wind carried away their sweat, leaving them feeling refreshed and clean. Food seemed sweetened by such surroundings, and the dainty repast from Natsuki's basket dwindled steadily until the wind, dense and alive with static, announced an encroaching storm.

"We should prepare the equipment for class anyway." Natsuki said philosophically, packing the scant remains of the picnic into her basket briskly. Thunder chortled in the distance, setting the leaves on the nearby jungle quivering in anticipation. "And maybe we should jog." she suggested.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:48 pm
Profile YIM

Pia felt the approach of the bad weather as a pricking feeling on her neck and an oppressive feeling, even before the first gust of wind swept across the scene, stroking hair and rusting leaves.
Until then she had been content with sampling the lovely food, offering the occasional comment on it, and otherwise enjoying the morning in silence.

The air seemed heavier, somehow, like the sky harboured future rain, weighing it down. The wind seemed to have a certain impatient energy, like it was building up to something larger. To Pia, it felt like everything was humming with anticipation, waiting for the storm to decide if it was going to spill it's fury over the island, or if it should pass by.

Nervously, Pia got up. "Yes, that is a good idea.. It will probably be some heavy weather before too long."
Unbidden, she started to gather dishes and food.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:36 pm
Profile YIM

Thunder burst from the distances in ever closer succession, so the women disregarded care and slung the few dishes into the picnic basket and covered the entirety with the wadded cloth, and were up and jogging toward Miss Saika's outdoor class building while the campus flashed in the background. The thunderstorm sent a thrill of danger up Natsuki's spine as they fled, for the world-shaking paroxysms of light and sound dominating the sky were unattended by any rain, lending a supernatural eeriness to the impending storm. Tropical storms were typically unpredictable, and she'd always found the chaos exciting. However, she was not so sure about Pia's opinion, and the camera gear was genuinely sensitive, so she rushed along the wind-scoured walkways and pointed toward a copse of flowering trees out of which the corner of a gambrel roof could be discerned.

Rain needled the ground behind them mischievously as the stilted veranda of the outdoor classroom came into view. For the last minute before gaining shelter the two girls sprinted only feet ahead of the bank of flying water pursuing them. Bursting through the door Natsuki swung herself on the knob and pushed with a double kick against the floor, bodily propelling the door into place. The rain blasted the walls of the classroom immediately, making a din of crashing droplets. Natsuki kissed her palm and placed it upon the door with a fond slap.

"Not this time Mother Nature." Natsuki gloated with a smirk. "I just hope my students actually bother to show up in this weather. Let's get that equipment unpacked so I can show you how to handle it when we aren't being buffeted about shall we?"

An hour later the storm had subsided into a mere downpour, and Natsuki's students crowded the open door underneath a phalanx of umbrellas. Nobody had wanted to brave the rain until the last minute, so the girls jostled for awhile as the mass of them squirmed through, shedding water everywhere. One or two of the budding photographers wore something casual, but everybody else had their everyday uniforms on, likely because those were the clothes they would least mind being ruined. Their camera cases were all waterproof, or given improvised protection by plastic wastepaper bags. One by one the students went about unloading their instruments and setting them on a long table by the left wall of the studio, then fetched a short stool from a collection in the far corner and set them as they wanted, resulting in a loose kind of circle.

Mon May 02, 2011 11:54 pm
Profile YIM

Their narrow escape from the rain had Pia giggling, giddy from adrenaline. The growling approach of thunder, the electric tingle in the air and the near imperceptible shift of air pressure as the cloud released their load of water on the earth bellow triggered something deep inside her. It had something to do with survival insticts, she had read somewhere. Earthquakes, thunderstorms and stampeding animals all resonated on the same wavelenght, or something.

But while primal woman might have fled in terror, Pia was not in physical danger, and the sprint for shelter was as much fun as nothing else, especially because they made it in time. Her company made it more fun, obviously. "Wow! You can even run in heels?", she laughed, part in jest, part real admiration, as they dodged the rain.

Pia quickly calmed down though, as they set upon their task. Now it was time to learn, and she followed Ms.Saika's instructions carefully. Eager not to make a fool of herself, Pia gave it her full attention.

---

Adrenaline gave way to concentration, and with the arrival of the students, concentration gave way to awkwardness. She was the odd one out here, she realized. The other students knew what they were doing, had their roles. She was here not as a regular member of the class, but as an assistant to the teacher. Surely, she would in the end establish her place in the group, but not yet. She missed the comfort of fading into the background.

A few students glanced her way, perhaps curious about who she was. Pia smiled weakly. Luckily, Ms.Saika seemed to draw more glances than her, testimony to her personal charisma.

Pia waited for things to proceed, ready to leap to Natsuki's assistance, should she as much as indicate she was needed.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue May 03, 2011 12:24 pm
Profile YIM

Pia's demeanor made her all the more noticeable, a hesitancy that kept her moving on the outskirts of the class. Without any purpose apart from anxiously awaiting Natsuki's instructions she tried to keep away from the walls, not wishing to seem lazy or standoffish, but kept finding herself herded away from the center as she stepped again and again out of some student's path. They knew what they were about, and had no patience with some outsider's interference in their established routines. Ms. Saika privately grimaced at the unfolding social dynamic. Her girls idolized her, but the same willful, capricious spirit that she'd chosen them for could only alienate Pia if she remained aimless and adrift amongst them.

"If I could please have everybody's notice," Ms. Saika began, raising her voice above the drumming of the rain outside, "I'd like to introduce my new assistant." She beckoned to Pia with a finger, summoning her out of the morass of activity. Now the students paused or slowed to give Pia their full attention, turning their inquisitive photographer's eyes toward her all at once. Suddenly she was the subject. Each expression she wore or movement she made came under immediate, unspoken scrutiny. The silence came with a sense of expectation, and a quickening of her heart as the leftover adrenaline from the storm was reinforced by a new surge. Details came to her amidst the small crowd, drops of water staining the wooden planks of the floor, damp patches of uniform clinging pink to the skin of the women surrounding her, the wild crayon-bright colors of umbrellas huddled upon in a corner near the door. Ms. Saika was the focal point of such vividness, ushering Pia forward with a tinge of concern showing in her smile.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:57 pm
Profile YIM

Uh-uh.. I hate this moment..

The possibility that Pia would stand out and have to face the group had been a concern tucked neatly away behind others and, with the relief of being accepted and her dawning fascination with Ms.Saika, forgotten. Now it hit her in the face, head on.

There was a few things Pia hated. One was having to face larger groups. It was not an uncommon fear, she knew. She also knew it was a fear it was possible to overcome, but it had never been easy on her. Then there was the fact that she was the inexperienced one here, the 'n00b' to use a cruel internet expression. The other ones knew the routines, knew the teacher, knew what would happen when. Pia did not. She hated being clueless, it made her feel vulnerable in ways she could not properly describe.

Yeah, it is awful now, but in a short time, you'll be used to it. Just wait and see..

"Uh.. Hi everyone!", she started. Was it just her, or did her voice suddenly sound.. small all of a sudden? She felt very much like a little girl on her first day of school, desperately wanting the other kids to like her. Pia smiled, but with a touch of uncertainty, like she hoped a friendly expression would somehow fill the silence that had fallen over the other girls.

"My name is Pia. Pia Marie. Hov. And I.. I am to be Ms. Saika's assistant."

Pia had no idea what else to add, and she would rather not give a lengthy biography if she could avoid it.
"Pleased to meet you all!", she added, unwittingly doing a tiny half curtsey,then taking a half step back, like she was inviting the class to ignore her and focus on the teacher, so she could await the proceedings.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:23 pm
Profile YIM

Silence persisted for a painful number of heartbeats as Pia stepped backwards, hoping to step back into obscurity, at least for the moment. Instead she retreated into Ms. Saika's slender hands, caught around the shoulders in a grip that urged her to hold her ground. Eyes made slanting glances between the students, crisscrossing the classroom with a net of private messages. What did those eloquent eyes say in that tangled, quiet grapevine?

Abruptly Pia was dazzled by light, the picture before her blooming into obscuring white, leaving a pale round specter floating in her vision afterward that faded into green before darkening into a rusty, translucent red blotch. Not lightning, but the flash of a camera, followed by the unsought thunder of applause. The instigator, a coltish, androgynously svelte woman sporting a short crop of fluorescent pink hair waved with her camera hand, giving Pia a pretty smile. As the brief applause dissolved camera bulbs began to twinkle, lenses pointed cheerfully at Ms. Saika's assistant. Poor, shy Pia had acquired an audience.

Natsuki sighed and gave Pia's shoulders a congratulatory squeeze. "Good girl," she thought with satisfaction, overlooking the giggling crowd of students, "you've made the leap from object to subject." Evidently her class had seen something intriguing in Pia just as she had, a fact that gave her a pleasant sense of validation that her chosen pupils displayed her same aesthetic sensibilities. She met eyes with a handful of their number, and received their surreptitious nods of approval, along with an overt curiosity that told her that they had also noticed Pia's inexplicable, enchanting appeal. She would discuss that with her proteges later. For now, it was time to begin the business of class.

"They like you." Ms. Saika told Pia plainly. "Don't hide on me again though. You never know when I'll need you." The teacher drifted away, raising her voice to address the crowd as she walked around the room, supremely confident.

"Now it's been some weeks that most of you have been photographing, and I know a few of you are repeating this course and are impatient with the dreary camera mechanics you've already learned and practiced. And all of you are eager to explore the more creative side of photography, as your exuberance shows." Favoring the students with her own exuberant smile, she paused as an eager tension infected those present. A certain giddiness caused some of the women to clasp their hands together in anticipation, aware it would seem, of some secret holiday. "Well thanks to your diligence and the thunderstorm, I think it's time to make that transition."

A cheer rose, some number of the merrymakers bursting into helpless, celebratory laughter. Clearly a few already knew what was about to transpire. Others stood in fervent attention, merely suspecting. Natsuki waved the girls down, beginning to walk again, sidling toward the door.

"The traditional art of nude photography is closely linked with the practice of sketching nudes; mere practice for portraiture. And of course, portraiture has been all but supplanted by photography. Portraiture sought to recreate an image of a subject, where photography captures it. It is more immediate, and therefore more intimate. Where a painter would idealize, we realize, we participate, we violate boundaries to experience. The photographic act is essentially a sensual one. So before your pattering little hearts burst from impatience, allow me to commence our first day of nude photography. Pia?" Natsuki stood still now, and the crowd edged slightly closer. "If you would please assist me in undressing?"

Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:51 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next