View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Dark Labyrinth ( Vera & Pan ) 

Post The Dark Labyrinth ( Vera & Pan )

The Dark Labyrinth

Written by Vera & Pan

Strained high-pitched screams fell upon deaf ears throughout the catacombs of Pan’s residence on the island. A soft light began to glow within the darkness of the room that Pan inhabited, as the light grew the vision of a mulatto beauty entwined within Pan’s cold grasp came into view. As the woman’s sight adjusted to the newfound light, her golden-flecked, hazel eyes widened with fear as she looked upon the face of her assailant. Another scream emitted from the woman’s throat before Pan clasped his hand over her mouth, continuing his sexual assault on the poor woman.

His aide of the evening Ayperos perched on a stone pillar collecting the translucent streams of energy emanating from the young woman, his clawed fingers plucking the streams from the air and drawing them into several vials that stood beside him. Whatever Pan did not devour now, could be used to sate his taste for later.

It wasn’t long after that Pan allowed the exhausted woman to fall to the cool, stone ground and left her panting as he disappeared into the darkness. He paused just short of the pillar where Ayperos perched, “Have Berith take her back.”

Hours later Pan sat on a fashioned obsidian throne somewhere deep within his lair, silent. Out of the darkness his minions descended, each taking their respected places amongst him.

“Wassamatta boss?” Gaap chimed, who was nudged almost immediately by Abbadon, knocking the small imp aside. It was evident that Pan was displeased, but he said nothing. He just sat as if in deep Melancholy, but a threatening glare let the implings know that he wished to be alone.

Over the next few days, Pan’s minions had tried time and time again to “cheer” Pan up, all to no avail, and most ending in painful repercussions. Finally the six of the imps sat in a dim chamber and conversed amongst eachother.

“Dun get it.” Abbadon said scratching his head oafishly.

“Boss ain’t happy, and when boss ain’t happy we end up gettin‘ smashed around.” Gaap said crossing his arms.”
“It has to be the girl.” Merhim said grinding his teeth together. The thought silenced the group for several moments.

“Bah howdoya figure?” Gaap said with a dismissive wave.

“No, no. It makes sense. She’s been gone for a while, off on some mission or another.” Ayperos added.

“She took a trip to Vanejin on Thunderdude’s request,” Berith said, “What? He had me check on her a couple times.”

“Stormbringer.”

“Shut up, I knew that.”

“Ugh, I miss the old boss.”

“New boss or not, he’s still the boss.”

“She’s just a human, I don’t get it.”

“It doesn’t matter, we just gotta figure out a way to cheer him up a little.”

The group grew silent again.

“Wait wait I got it, that….that… that Matismata, Masimoto chick.”

“Oooo yeah, she’s hot.”

“She’s a Head Girl you know.”

“That don’t matter, I know boss likes her, I seen him watchin’ her one time but she’s got some crazy shit goin’ on.”

“What kind of crazy shit?”

“Magic bro, Magic. That’s why boss hasn’t nabbed her yet.”

“Bahh, boss can handle a little bitta magic.”

“You know how he likes em Gaap.”

“I smash her head?”

“Shuddup Abbadon.”

“Wait! Why don’t we nab her for the boss? She’s got some crazy magic shit, but if we lure her through the veil?”

“That’s the most brilliant thing you’ve said.”

So the group continued their plotting, chattering away excitedly at the thought that they could possibly end the reign of droll that had descended upon the lair. When the boss wasn’t having fun, neither were they, so with high hopes they went to work.

“So remind me again why we’re squeezed into this vent?” Merihm said agitated.

“We have to be here when she comes out.” Berith said holding onto Merihms arm as they peered through the blinds of the vent. The pair was perched just outside of Vera’s room, lying in wait for the solution to their problems.

“Just remember, when she comes out, you gotta do your thing and then Aypie will make a tear in the veil. Merihm nodded, his large head clanking against the metal.

“Be quiet would ya? Jeeze.” Berith said before dissipating into thin air. The imp reappeared just outside of Vera’s door, knocking at the door as effectively as he could before disappearing once more.

Pan

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Post Re: The Dark Labyrinth ( Vera & Pan )
The silver haired student had already returned from her classes and tutoring of students. Though her standard obligations were done for the day, the Head Girl was still busy at work. Many of the other Head Girls and Prefects were gone, sent on their own private tasks or spending some quality time with the creatures that reside on the island. This left much of the excess paper work and logs in Vera's hands. She had folders open revealing files of various students. A number of reports were also on her desk and as the woman scanned the paperwork, her fingers rapidly typing away at her computer, logging all demerits and corrections.

Reports of her own were sent to her Headmaster and staff of current events within the school. While she was preparing requests for various basement rooms to be prepared, a faint knock came at her door. Vera looked up, not expecting any guests at this hour and not really sensing anything beyond the door. Her guest could be rather calm and not emitting much emotions or has a natural ability to block her empathic senses. It mattered little to her though as she called out to her unknown visitor. "Come in." The door was unlocked at this hour. It was important as a Head Girl to leave her door open to students and occasionally monsters that wish to come with questions or requests. Very rarely does she actually get up to answer the door unless she was expecting someone of importance.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:28 am

[[Sorry about the delay, I'm a weekend warrior lol ]]

As soon as the devious Berith dissipated from view, Merihm began his dark manipulations. The iris and pupils of his customary coal eyes blanched to a milky hue as he located the enchanting woman inside of the loft. He tapped into her subconscious deftly, and immediately realized that perhaps the group had delved into more than they could handle. There was, however, no turning back now. For an instant, Vera may have felt an icy chill at the base of her spine, depending on how perceptive the young woman was. He surmised that the woman may have a heightened sense of intuition, the illusions he created could be deciphered as such if he didn’t appeal of all senses, and since he was a master of illusion, he did so.

Immediately from beyond the barrier of the door, a feeling of panic and dread emanated from a small, slender form. Timidly a young blonde, an evident freshman of the University peered inside. Her appearance was far from adequate to address a Head Girl. Her uniform was ruffled, her hair disheveled and her mascara running as if the poor thing had been caught in a maelstrom.

“I-I’m sorry to disturb you Miss Matsumoto,” The girl stammered through panicked breath, “B-but I didn’t know where else to go. There’s a girl on my floor, Sarah, she’s been talking crazy the past few days. We didn’t think much of it, but when we went to check on her she was standing on the window ledge saying she was going to jump. Me and Michelle have been trying to talk her down but she’s not budging. You have to come quick, Michelle went out after her.” The student’s words were rushed and hurried, her demeanor and every sense about her projected that she was telling the truth.

Pan

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:31 pm

((No problem ^^))

Vera shivered as if a chilling breeze had blown through the room. It was rather strange and strange things led to something worse in almost all cases on Shokushu. But before she could think further on it, the door cracked open and a petite woman peeked inside her suite. She generally did not tolerate such timid actions. The sight of the woman changed her opinion though. Smeared mascara and a disheveled uniform, the young woman was a walking bundle of demerits. Obviously there was a reason for this as the girl spoke breathlessly of another student going crazy and on the verge of committing suicide. Must have been a victim of a monster attack and could not handle the stress. It was troublesome to deal with these sorts. Nothing a bit of punishment could not fix.

"You were right to come to me, Miss.." she did not know the girl's name or recognized her, perhaps a freshman. The Head Girl rose to her feet and headed for the door. "Just take me to her and then you can go get yourself cleaned up. I will talk to your fellow student and get this straightened out." Of course this would probably mean taking the student in question to the basement. But at least she could let off some steam there. The girl mentioned another named Michelle trying to talk to the jumper. That was good, it meant she still had time to get there. As she stepped out of her suite, Vera flicked open her cell phone to call security and warn them of a potential jumper. "Which building did you say this was?" She asked as she followed the woman down the hall, unaware of the creatures watching her.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:12 pm

The student seemed to have been offered some sense of security with the silver-haired beauty in tow as they headed down the stairs. “Kristen Clark,” The student sighed breathlessly, “And she’s on the 5th floor- Adamson dorms, the room right next to ours, 530.” Most dorms typically shared the last names of the highest benefactors to the school; this dorm in particular was nearby. The quickest way to reach it was through the stairwell, taking a side door that connected to the building in particular by a walkway outside.

Berith reappeared at the bottom of the stairs where Gaap was waiting for him.
“Are you ready?” He said glancing upward at the sound of a heavy metal door opening some floors above. Gaap nodded pulling a wicked-looking curved dagger from an inner pocket of the oversized jersey that clothed his form.

“Ya sure there aint no one else?” Gaap said holding the dagger out in front of him, right at the door. Berith nodded glancing back down towards Gaap “I sealed all of the other doors, no one else can get in.” A strained look crossed over Gaap’s grotesque features as he seemed to be searching the air for something in particular, when he felt a slight tug in the air he plunged the dagger gracefully through, using his clawed fingertips to pull apart the threads of the veil. To the average eye, nothing had changed, but to those who knew what to look for there was a slight mirage quality about the door that hadn’t been there before. If everything went according to plan, Vera wouldn’t realize the difference until it was too late.

The sound of Vera conversing with Merihm’s illusion indicated they were drawing near the door. A silent nod between the two passed and Gaap ran to hide inside of the darkness beneath the stairs, Berith disappeared once more.

“I hope we’re not too late.” Kristen said with a grimace as the pair crested the last corner of the stairs. The blonde student burst through the door, a trail of long golden locked flowing behind her. The building was displayed before them, several yards away. Though even in the darkness of the night, the school grounds lamp posts illuminated the figures of two students standing on a ledge some five stories high.

“There!” Kristen screamed pointing upward.

Pan

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:14 pm

The Head Girl relayed the information that Kristen provided before hanging up the phone. It would not take long to get to the Adamson building as it was on the upper floors, allowing them to use the walkways connected to the main tower. They both ran down the hall towards the stairs. Vera had no trouble keeping up with the petite student. They only had to go through a few flights to reach a side exit leading out to a railed walkway towards one of the dorm buildings.

Swinging the door wide open, Vera did not notice the shimmery sort of static on the door and path way as she passed right into whatever sub realm the demons were trying to lure her in. She felt a slight tingling down her spine but the Head Girl signed it off as just adrenaline. She knew she had to hurry, Shokushu tended to frown on losing slaves before being sold.

Still following the blonde student, they stopped a distance down the walkway. Vera could clearly see two figures up on the window. Hearing Kristen's scream, she turned and gently shook the woman's arm. She needed the woman to keep a clear head during this. "Kristen listen!" she said quickly, "I need you to keep talking to her right here. I will go into the building. I already called security, they should be here soon." Waiting for at least a nod of recognition before going, the silver haired woman would continue running down the walkway and towards the next building. She already knew the room number, 530. She could only hope the girl's friends could buy her a bit more time.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:59 am

Gaap scrambled from his hiding place as the metal door began to swing closed and as Vera’s body fell backward. The small creature braced himself for the impact, squeezing his eyes shut and holding his breath, when all he felt was the soft texture of the woman’s silver tresses, he opened his eyes to find the significantly larger imp, Abbadon holding her form.

“Doh whaddidya do that for? I coulda caught her!” He huffed crossing his arms and pulling his baseball cap down over his eyes.

“Gaap veil.” Abbadon said frowning, gently slinging the girl over his shoulder.

“Yehyehyeh, I got it.” Gaap reapproached the veil, his claws feeling around for the edges before, with great strain, he squeezed the opening shut, sealing Vera inside. Berith appeared beside them placing a hand on each of them, all four disappeared, leaving the hallway empty.

“Boss!” Pan had been sitting at his throne as before, slouched backward with his dark metallic fingertips pressing lightly against his eyes. At the sound of Gaaps piercing voice, he sighed deeply, glowing canary eyes peering through the creases of his fingers.

“And here I was thinking I had made myself perfectly clear to you imbeciles,” He growled, “A mistake I don’t plan on making twice.”

“Hehehe don’t be so hasty Boss, we broughts ya a present.” Gaap said pulling off his baseball cap and ringing it anxiously between his palms behind his back.

“Another one of those filthy human girls I presume,” Pan said waving his hand referring to the previously failed attempts made by his minions. “I have no need.”

“Not just any of them Boss.” Gaap said turning and waving his arms wildly. Out of the darkness Berith and Merihm emerged, Berith holding a scrying glass sheated in black amethyst, gingerly offering it to Pan. Annoyed, but with interest piqued Pan took up the glass and waved his hand over its surface. Vera’s face faded into view, her image running up some flights of stairs. Pan looked up from the glass.

“The fade?”

They nodded.

“Her body?”

No sooner had he said the words, Abbadon emerged from the darkness carrying Vera’s unconscious form in his arms, Ayperos flying in tow. He sighed again.

“You’re all idiots,” He stood his form slowly dissolving into a dark mist. “But you’re my idiots.”

[…]

Vera hastily made her way up the stairs, bursting into the hallway of the fifth floor, her presence announced immediately by the sound of the door banging loudly against the wall. A blood-chilling scream reached her ears, and several of the students had emerged from their dorms all looking to Vera with an inquisitive gaze. As she entered 530, Michelle was clamoring through the window, visibly shaken.

“I-I had to come back in, she said if I didn’t she’d jump. She’s barely hanging on.”

Just outside the window and a few feet to the right was Sara, the short-haired brunette who was literally dangling off of the ledge by a thread.

“Stay away or I let go.” Sara seemed determined, calm, as if this was the final resolution. A crowd of students seemed to be gathering below, with Kristen attempting to shush them and usher them back inside in vain attempts to assist the Head Girl.

Pan

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:10 am

Vera had no clue that she was no longer running with her own body. Her real body now unconcious and helpless in the hands of the imps, carrying her away towards their master. The scream sounded through the entire hall, waking students and bringing several eyes to the trail of silver hair now arriving at room 530. The door was unlocked, revealing the open window with Michelle climbing back inside. "Are you her friend?" the Head Girl asked, "Then stay with me and help her."

She looked out the window, seeing the girl known as Sara barely hanging on to the ledge. The woman was making the same threat to the Head Girl now but something did not seem right to her. The girl was completely calm with no signs of hesitation. With emotions like that, she should have already let go or better yet not even made a scene about it. Were her empathic senses giving her false readings? She could not believe that.

"If I leave, you are going to let go anyway," she said cooly, climbing out onto the ledge. Her eyes narrow in slight annoyance at not seeing security out here yet. What was taking them so long? If this girl falls, she needed someone down there ready to cushion student. "How about you climb back onto the ledge so we can talk. Your arms are just going to get tired if you keep hanging like that. Your friends told me your name is Sara. My names is Vera. Can you tell me why you are hanging on this ledge?" The Head Girl could do little right now but keep talking to the woman. Suicide prevention was not exactly part of skill set. But she will do what she can buy more time.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:27 am

Sara’s eyes fluttered upward, narrowing on Vera’s features for several moments before she spoke again.

“You think I can’t see them on you? Inside of you? You’re one of them. You don’t deserve the breath you take.” The girl released her hold with one of her hands. The crowd below all seemed to gasp in unison, several begging and screaming for her to hang on, others screaming at Vera to grab her. Dangling now by one arm, she peered down at the gathering of students. “None of you will get away, they never let us go! Death is the only escape.” She screamed “And this- Bitch is one of them! A harbinger of pain and despair. She sold her soul to devil himself to be sparred!” She screamed looking back up at Vera who had inched closer towards the evidently insane student. With no extra warning the girl let go.

Down she fell to the horrified screams of the students below, her arm still outstretched as if she’d forgotten she wasn’t holding on any longer, plummeting towards the pavement. The events seemed surreal and slow, the girl’s fierce blue eyes locked on Vera’s as she hit the pavement.

Instantaneously Merihm hadn’t the necessity to maintain the rouse any longer as his master had entered the fade. As Sara’s body hit the pavement, the world revealed its true nature. The layout and landscape was similar, but a deteriorated, sinister version of such. The students were gone, the girl was no more but a faded memory made evident of the dried dark stain of her blood on the ground. Vera was left standing alone on the cracked and faded ledge, fierce winds whipping at her face and hair.

The buildings were dilapidated and dark, no lights shone in any of the broken, stained windows. The island’s forestry which had been lush and green moments before were brown and dead, twisted branches reaching aimlessly towards a gloomy sky ridden with clouds as black as pitch.

Pan

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:53 am

There was little the Head Girl could do. The girl was throwing away her life and yet it was not like the girl had a future to begin. Once on Shokushu, a student's fate was sealed. Vera just happened to be one of the 'lucky' ones. Sara was obviously trying to hurt her but the silver haired woman showed no sign of pain from the words. She was quite aware of who and what she was. The Head Girl reached out for the woman but she was simply too far away and the student was already falling to her doom. All that would remain would be the memory of the woman's eyes gazing into her own and the sound of screams.

Blinking, she found the world she was in become a darker version of itself. There was no life and everything seemed covered in darkness. It did not take a genius to know that something was wrong here. Sighing softly, Vera climbed back into the window. With the building run down, there were no lights on. She channeled her mana and spoke a quick word, summoning a small sphere of light over her hand. This had to be either an illusion or another plane of existence. But how did she get here and how long was she in this place? "I know you're out there," she called out to the darkness, "Show yourself and tell me what you want. I do not have time for this." She knew the deal with monsters. It was either a special deal with a Head Girl or the standard capture and rape.

Assuming she gets no answer, she would make her way into the dark hallway and proceed towards the stairs. She doubts she would find a way out on her own. She was just walking to pass the time and explore this strange environment. Hopefully she would not be trapped long. There did not seem to be any signs of life which only meant there may be no food or water either. Why was she taken here? The questions flowed through her mind as the silver haired student made her way out of the dorms.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:16 am

The dorm itself had changed considerably. Doors to rooms in which students used to sleep were smeared with hand prints, discarded clothing, and aged as if the school had been abandoned for many years. Many walls were damaged or displaced entirely displaced, nothing more than dusty remnants on the ground.

Throughout the halls though, remained the voices of the students, every so often a flash of reality would present itself when the lights would flicker, the world around her returning to a semblance of normalcy where the veil was thin, yet impenetrable by her form.

As Vera entered the stair case, lights too dim to be of much assistance flickered aimlessly. As the Head Girl peered down into the descending darkness, the figure of the girl who had plummeted to the ground moments before was seen walking silently downward. Her eyes were blanched, uniform covered in blood, presumably her own.

As the Head Girl made her way down and into the windy courtyard, Sara was standing some ways away on the dead remnants of what used to be the lawn. A vortex of the wind seemed to swirl about her as she spoke.

“He speaks through this one to answer your call,” She started, her eyes shifting to glow as canary yellow as Pan’s. Her voice was ethereal, as though there were more than one person speaking at different pitches in unison. “This one assures you, your body is safe. The same cannot be said for your soul.” The woman said nothing after that, allowing the information to sink in. She stood there still, tilting her head slightly at Vera as if she were awaiting a question or statement before she would continue.

Pan

Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:02 am

The flickers of reality further added to the woman's theory that this was just an illusion. Was this all in her head? It was difficult to tell. With the occasional views of the real world, she hoped she was not just wandering aimlessly through campus while everyone is watching. Unfortunately, she could not afford to douse her simple light spell as it was much too dark to travel inside the building.

She stopped at the stairs to see the Sara's dead body walking downwards. Vera's heart began to race as her breathing grew heavy. The Head Girl had an extremely terrorfying experience with the undead before. But she had no other way down to the first floor. She would wait until Sara was completely out of view before carefully following downstairs. The silver haired woman did not see the woman again at least not until she exited the building. Sara was out there in the courtyard, waiting. Was this the reason she was stuck in this world?

Vera would let the orb of light sputter out now that she was outside. The dead girl seemed possessed with glowing eyes and a voice that was not her own. The Head Girl considered what was said. Her body was safe? So was she unconcious? When did that happen? Vera did not recall feeling any different beyond the chill down her spine. Did that mean it happened while she was in her suite? And why was her soul in danger? "Who are you?" she asked, keeping her distance from the strange girl, "What do you want from me?" Being Shokushu, she could have a few guesses of what this being may want from her. But she truly hope it did not involve anything undead. She shuddered at the thought.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:33 pm

It seemed to take Sara a moment to register what Vera was saying, as if the connection between her and whoever was controlling her was strained. The yellow hue to her eyes flickered just as sporadically as the lamp posts around them.

“Who this one is, is unimportant, this one just speaks for Asmodeus. His beings tricked you into this place; I am but a remnant of that façade. He did not wish to bring you this way, but you are here through his minion’s misguidance.” She said tilting her head upward, she pointed slowly. There were creatures weaving in and out of the clouds, darting through trees.

What they were was unclear, but they were chilling to see. Dark figures that shrieked as they flew, forms they were, yet they seemed shapeless, as though they were made of the shadows themselves, what was worse, is they all seemed to be attracted to Vera. They were hovering around her, dozens perhaps surrounding the young woman on every side. The whirlwind that was around Sara expanded, brushing past Vera violently until she was inside

“His influence is vast here, but is not absolute.” Sara said lowering her hand back down to her side. “He wishes for you to retrieve something that was stolen from him, he assures your efforts will not go without reward.” Sara raised her hands to mid-waist length, her palms facing upward towards the skies. Out of her chest emerged an carved, dark, demon-headed ring and a silver circlet, as they emerged a black, inky substance appeared to be clinging to them as if not wishing them to leave. The items levitated above either palm, waiting for the Head Girl to take them.

“Your abilities will serve you little here. Though you harness control over darkness, you cannot command darkness itself. Your light shines like a beacon to all who repel it, those who wish to extinguish it. The ring bears his seal,” She paused and glanced upward at the sound of an agitated screech. “They will not harm you. You must go to Legrim the Keeper, in the depths of the basement you will know what to retrieve when you see it. The path to Legrim is dark as midnight, dark as pitch, but exercise faith in him with this circlet and he will not lead you astray. This one gives you fair warning that there are beings in which he cannot protect you from, your light will give them cause to seek you out. Complete this task and return to me.”

It was evident the conversation was over, Sara remained there stoic and statuesque, the glow in her eyes had ceased, as if the connection was severed, the two items in which he’d offered still hovering in wait for the taking.

Pan

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:50 am

The name Asmodeus only rang a few bells about certain mythical demons. But that being may just be using the name or is the true Asmodeus. Perhaps having the same name amongst demons was possible much like it was with humans. So the entire call for help was just a trick to make her leave her room? She was uncertain why the demons could not have just taken her away while at her desk. What was her real body doing right now? For all she knew, she was being carried far away from safety.

Winds picked up and expanded around Sara's form. Vera's long silver hair lashed about her before she was inside the eye of the small storm. Even through a dead vessel, this Asmodeus seemed incredibly powerful. Then again, nearly all monsters and demons on the island were. The winds kept the strange shadowy creatures that were closing in at bay. Being the only foreign body in this strange realm, the Head Girl could tell she was obviously not welcomed here.

A request was then made of the Head Girl. It seemed odd that a human was asked to do this task rather than the demons that could apparently force people into other plane's of existence. But Vera was in no position to refuse any request or order. She was trapped here until someone freed her or worse happens. Retrieve an item, that was all she had to do. There was no further explanation about the item, only about the two items that now appeared before her. With her magic supposedly useless, these items were her only means of defense and guidance.

Sara was frozen like a statue, holding both items above her hands by unseen forces. With no further words being spoken, Vera was left with beginning her journey into the basements below. At least this place looked like Shokushu so she knew her way easily enough. The Head Girl took the demonic ring first, slipping it onto her finger before taking the silver circlet. It rested perfectly on her head. Seeing the monsters waiting outside the whirlwind, she just hoped the being was not lying about the ring's effects.

Taking a deep breath, she stepped out of the safety of the circle and proceeded towards one of the main campus buildings. Those would have stairs leading down to the basement where further horrors no doubt waited.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:36 pm

As Vera left the safety of the circle, Sara’s words proved true in regards to the ring. The creatures were repelled by it, though they seemed to follow as closely as they could as if awaiting any opportunity to strike. What Vera would notice, was that although the general surface layout appeared to be parallel to Shokushu, many of the features were different. Doors that would normally lead to a certain hall were missing entirely, and where there shouldn’t have been any doors there were. Even in the center of the main courtyard a door stood alone with nothing on either side, hardly compelling enough to open though.

The Head Girl must have found a bit of frustration as routes that would normally lead to the basement were jumbled and confusing to find. The flickering lights provided by the buildings and the lamp posts were barely enough to see by, but she would be able to navigate her way down to the main admissions building where the large, metal double doors were hanging off of their hinges.

Inside lay nothing but darkness and disrupted papers, overturned desks that had rotted into nothing more than the steel framework. As Vera entered it would take several moments for her eyes to adjust to the lack of light, but when they did, as promised Asmodeus did not leave her in the dark. The circlet illuminated the room as if it were lit under a full starry sky, with small dust-sized specs of light leading back towards the office area. The specs led her to a giant hole in the center of the floor in one of the large rooms where the floor had given away long ago, with no other alternative route.

There was a shuffling sound at the back of the room, where a girl- presumably a student- clad in shredded garments was crouched facing the corner whispering fearfully to herself, matted hair clung to her face and shoulders, her milky skin covered in dirt and dried blood.

Pan

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next