View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Forbidden Paradise (Paul Epsis) 

Post Forbidden Paradise (Paul Epsis)
Shai felt a deep scarlet hue burning bright against her docile features as bitter anger swelled deep from the pit of her stomach. Without meaning to, the student’s cool gray eyes fluttered upwards, regarding her own reflection in the mirror. She was upset, that much was to be certain. Her brow furrowed in disappointment, her lips pouting, her straight nose flaring as slender fingers gripped the scalpel with white knuckles.

Her eyes wandered over the blasphemous contraption that adorned her body. Grail was nowhere nearby, that much was to be certain. The inky black leather-like substance formed a collar around her neck, the material seemed to drip down her neck, enveloping her breasts and forcing them into mounted cleavage, with a diamond cut right in the center of her chest. Her stomach was bare for the most part, a series of straps cascading down her slender form, latching onto a seductively styled, low-cut booty shorts. Several more straps criss crossed down her slender, shapely legs, forming roman sandal styled heels.

She shuddered as she remembered the former appearance the suit had taken, lost in the darkness of the shed. She had awoken in the middle of the night, to the tingle feeling of the inky substance crawling across her skin, forming into the risqué get up she was now faced with. For several hours she watched her windows and doors, terrified that the demon would burst through at any moment. He never came, and the suit hadn’t responded in the way that she was told it would.

She trailed her fingers down one of the straps at her waist, running the length of the material and shuddering. It was warm, and just by merely touching it she could sense it gained a perverse sense of satisfaction. There was no question to it. This thing was alive. Utterly disgusted with the everlasting proof of her torment that night she had resolved to cut the damnable thing out of her flesh. Yet every incision she made only sent a flurry of pain coursing through her entire body. It was bound to her. With an aggravated scream she flung the scalpel against the tile and stormed to her desk, waving her hand over the medium sized glass panel that sat neatly in the center.

Several images appeared in front of her, she scrolled for what seemed like hours through the University Database. There had to be someone, anyone that could possibly help her get this wretched thing off of her. With determination that only one who felt in peril could know, she searched diligently, until a familiar name caught her eye.

“Epsis.” She murmured to herself as she read a short and hardly helpful staff biography. Where had she heard that name before? She abruptly spun in her chair, snapping her fingers and calling out.

”Pan, I need you run a search in your data base for a Professor Paul Epsis, I can’t get anything from the school’s database.” The artic pup rose his head lazily, and yawned. The tell tale yellow glow powering on behind his wide glossy eyes as he did what Shai asked of him.

” Found 304 results.”
“Search for relevance to Nanotech, and Biology.” Shai said immediately, not wishing to hear a long list of research papers that had no concern to her.

”Found 3 Results: Dr. Paul Epsis; Thesis Statement Available, Research topic: Cracking the Genetic Code…”

Shai shook her head, Pan continued.

” Dr. Paul Epsis; Thesis Statement Available, Research Topic: Nanotech: The Future of DNA.”

“Stop there!” Shai said excitedly. She knew she had seen Epsis’ work in the Nanotech field before. It was by his earlier prototype schematics that she was able to create her own nanite prototype that would remain fully functional even under extreme changes of pressure. If she remembered correctly, he was brilliant in the field of Genetics. Eagerly the student had Pan recite the entirety of his research papers through the night, narrowing her searches on Genetic manipulation. Perhaps, if she could just talk with Dr. Epsis, he would be able to help her.

Shai wandered from her bed, back towards her computer where she read up on his short biography one more time. She scanned the text for several moments before tapping her finger victoriously against the screen.

”N.I.C.E…Nice Research Station?” She read aloud, the image of the several buildings on the elevated platform several miles off shore flashing in her mind. She had to get there, but how?

Shai found the answer to her prayers the very next day, after using every academic excuse she could possibly think of she finally talked the bitter old bat in the Main Offices to getting her admission to Research Station.

“Sign here please.” She grumbled tossing Shai a form.

“What’s this?” She said taking the paper and scanning over it quickly.

“The only way to get over there is to volunteer. What’d you expect? You can just waltz in on important research without making yourself useful? Sign at the bottom, and take this too.” She said grabbing another form from a second filing cabinet. The second form was just the run of the mill consent form in order for the ferry to take her out there, seemed harmless enough.

Shai scrawled her signature on both forms, specially emphasizing that she wanted to volunteer under Paul Epsis, dually noting her major in Nanotech, praying that it would catch his interest.

She wandered back to her dorm room, plopping down on the bed and unbuttoning several of the buttons on her blouse, making the tight article of clothing more bearable. The woman said she would fax the volunteer form over to the research station, all Shai had to do now was wait. Hopefully, she’d hear from him soon. Her eyes wandered over towards the phone, on her bedside table and she let out an exhausperated sigh, beginning to feel traces of a light tingling on her skin.

"I really hope you get back to me soon doc." She whispered.

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:29 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Forbidden Paradise (Paul Epsis)
Dr. Paul Epsis, it was an infamous name in the fields of science, medicine and nanotechnology. He was currently employed in the N.I.C.E. Labs, which had begun to fill with excitement, of several kinds of excitement to be precise since he had began his tenure as a head researcher in his chosen field. He made it known to everyone that the human genome was his canvas, and the smallest of machines was his brush, and his paint was those who would be so eager to volunteer. Though few knew or would come to know of his other reasons for coming to the school and island. Food, it was food, but what food? Find out for yourself, or that would be what the good doctor would say with a little smirk.

The doctor was in the lab as he always seemed to be. He was sitting at one of the many stations and working diligently. The glow of the multitude of computer monitors filled the poorly lit room with a soft glow. Not good for the eyes, but that was how he liked to work. If you were to listen carefully one could hear the strange sounds. A multitude of Grunts, a muffled voice, and other strange sounds echoed through the room. It was hard to tell what or whom they belonged too, perhaps just another experiment? No, it was just lunch. The lights would flicker on and the powerful fluorescent light flash and fill the room, exposing what exactly what lunch was.

A woman was shown being held in the air by over a dozen thick snake-like appendages. They held her wrists together above her head, while others held her succulent thighs open and others tormented those small soft breasts. They led to Dr. Epsis’ body, more accurately, underneath the coat. He looked back and licked his wet lips as those phallus-like appendages pressed into the woman’s orifices, her mouth, her womanhood, and her delicate anus. He was mid snack when his computer gave a loud beep which snatched his attention away from the moaning, groaning and possibly pleading lab assistant. “Hmm, what’s this?” He asked himself as he maneuvered the mouse and found that he had a message from the administration. A young budding girl with a penchant for his own profession had volunteered, and she had asked for him directly too. “Mmm, it looks like I may have a capable hand and moldable mind as well.” He said as he looked back. “Right?” The woman screamed into the invading tendril as her body began to quake and shiver. Her folds squirted juices out onto the tiled floor. Those tendrils continued to pump into her for moments before they pulsated and released thick white goo into her body. She tried to resist, but only moaned. He sat her down and with his pheromones he altered her memory and covered his tracks by cleaning her diligently. She was carted away by some of his ‘underlings’.

He was now unoccupied with his meal finished and the work he was put on the back burners. He smiled as he leaned into the screen and do his own research on her. After all, he checked the background on the one called ‘Shai.’ He picture, her history, everything that would affect his work. He would soon figure that little work would be done, but he would get his chance to play with someone new. He grinned and could only explain the feeling as though if he were a kid released in a toy store, or a candy one.

He clicked accept, and made sure to send the information personally. He gave a soft laugh as he spun in his seat and moved up to the keyboard again, and began his reply. His fingers would dance on the keyboard in enthusiasm in the chance to work with another eager mind, and a chance for a bit of extracurricular fun.

Dear Ms. Shai Tanaka:
My name is Dr. Paul Epsis. I am sending you this reply regarding your volunteer information sent in to our volunteer offices. I would like to congratulate you on your choices of study, and also to inform you that I have accepted you to my research team on the subject of Nanotechnology.

I am providing you with the following information to help you while you assist my research at N.I.C.E. Laboratories.

1. Please report to N.I.C.E. Labs for sign in at 0800 hours (8:00AM). You will be given a pass and taken directly to the designated lab. Please remember the rules.
2. Hygiene is important: Please take care of your appearance as the experiments are extremely sensitive in nature and we do not wish to start over from the beginning.
3. You sign a waver to prevent us from being sued due by you, the school, or family if you incur any sort of injury while working.
4. You sign a contract to prevent any leak of research or valuable information you may come across. As you know you and many others tied to you will be held accountable, or as we say in the lab. “What happens in R&D stays in R&D.”

The letter would go on in such, giving her more of the rules and regulations. (At one point he noted that these were boring, but he was forced to include them.) He then went on to describing how she would help. What she would be required to do and other smaller mundane details such as fetching coffee for senior staff, as well as the types of payment she would get. College Credit, Mention for any assistance in completely projects, and that sort of thing. He signed it as.

“With Thanks and Hope,
Dr. Paul Epsis,"

With the letter finished he would give the mouse a wiggle before scrolling to and then clicking the ‘Send’ button. The message was sent and the gears were put into motion. “I do hope you enjoy your stay. I know I will.” He said as he kicked back from the desk and went through the remaining slime he had left on the ground. The chair stuck and it toppled over taking the doctor with him. He swore heavily as his head hit the hard ground with a sickening wet thud. He was not injured, but hurt. He held his head and went to his quarters to wait and nurse the growing lump on the back of his head.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:42 am
Profile YIM

Shai had drawn the blinds closed, reveling the in darkness enveloped her room. The only light offered was the dim hue of the hibernating dual glass panels that served as her computer. Her arms were drawn and crossed behind her head, her gray eyes wandering the corners of her room. After the terrible things she’d endured since her arrival to the Island one would have to question the comfort the student found in the dark. It was simple. She couldn’t fear what she couldn’t see.

Her form was clad in nothing but her lace undergarments; her legs crossed one over the other. The suit had since retreated to their tribal tattoo form, but she could still feel its warmth against her skin. She wriggled and flexed her toes as her petite foot bounced non-chalantly in the air. Her snowy locks where sprawled around and beneath her, several of the tresses spilling over the edge of the bed and grazing against the carpet.

A soft chime echoed through the room, abruptly bringing her out of her silent contemplations. The light emanating from the computer increased significantly as a large icon appeared in the center of the screen. She hadn’t received mail since the beginning of the semester, the administration had emailed her advanced courses personally. With a heavy sigh she heaved herself from the bed and gradually took a seat at her desk in front of the glassy monitor. Pan jumped in her lap, assuming his default form of a crimson tabby- the one she liked best. She lovingly ran her fingers through his soft ‘fur’, her free hand waving over the screen to open the received message.

Her heart nearly burst out of her chest. She’d received an email from Dr. Epsis himself! Without meaning to, her exaggerated movements forced Pan from her lap as she inched closer to the screen. Her hungry eyes devouring the text at a speed that seemed almost impossible for the girl.

“I am sending you this reply regarding your volunteer information sent in to our volunteer offices…blah blah blah…..Congratulate you on your field of study, yadda yadda yadda.” She read aloud, eagerly wishing the man would get to the damn point already.

‘”He accepted me Pan!” She said excitedly, her eye scurrying through the various rules and regulations. Most of them were standard, though a few stood out as rather odd to the woman.

“I can understand the desire for discretion, but this last one almost sounds like a threat.” She wondered aloud, shaking her head as she continued to scan through the letter until she reached her responsibility. She immediately became outraged.

“Coffee…Coffee?! He expects me to be some…some…some.” The student stammered hardly able to come up with a fathomable thought. “Coffee bearer!” The scientist fumed for several more moments until she noticed the nagging tingling she felt against her skin.

“It doesn’t matter, I’m going there for one reason. If he wants me to bring him a cappuccino in return for getting this thing off me, that’s more than a fair exchange.”

The next morning she was ready, having packed a vegan friendly lunch, hardly knowing how long her trip would take. Little did Dr. Paul Epsis know, but Shai had been in a tumultuous battle with her hair. She had not failed to notice the emphasis the Dr. had placed on cleanliness and appearance. However, having hair as long as Shai did posed an amazingly difficult challenge. Eager to make a first impression the student had pulled her hair back, spending a long time to secure sections of her bangs with bobby pins creating a trendy, yet still appropriate look. The rest of her snowy tresses were pulled back into a ponytail and braided, which she wrapped behind her head in an incredibly elegant, and large bun. After all, her locks did fall just short of her ankles.

He hadn’t specified whether or not she should wear her uniform, so inside of her medium sized bag she had packed it just in case. She was wearing her black pinstriped formal, yet feminine suit with a white , frilled blouse beneath the jacket. She had even gone to the length of using the nanites she’d created as a form of make up, giving her a refreshed complexion and hiding the suit’s prominent tribal design that had embezzled itself on her forehead. She put a subtle amount of eyeliner and mascara on, along with a light pink gloss. She didn't want to go too dramatic, she didn't wear much make up anyway.

She pulled her jacket close around her body, inhaling the crisp morning air as she waiting on the docks. The ocean mist enveloped her form, much to her disapproval. The last thing she needed was for her hair to frizz.

The ferry was hardly what she’d been expecting; it turned out to be a rather small boat with an open deck, manned by one person. He was a rather gruff looking man, perhaps his late forties and more brawns than brain. Perfect, she groaned but eagerly boarded. After several moments of safety measures being painfully explained by the moronic dolt of a captain the pair was off and sailing.

The research facility was nothing like Shai had imagined. It was much more grandiose then she could have ever gathered from the faint glimpses she had caught of the off-shore buildings. She was lead through what seemed a maze of fluorescently lit corridors. She was handed off to several different people, each seemed frenzied and overworked and not quite right in the mind. And each, to Shai’s disdain kept throwing forms in the student’s face for her to sign, read, or just to simply torment her.

She was getting irritated, realizing that it was already much past 8. She had arrived on time to be sure, but due to the consistent hassles that kept being thrown her way she felt herself becoming more and more delayed.

At long last she was presented with her pass, which she eagerly pinned to the pocket of her jacket. A frenzied young male assistant led her down through another maze of closed laboratories.

“Looks like you guys have a lot going on.” Shai commented as they passed several occupied labs.

“You don’t know the half of it.” Was all the assistant had to offer, coming to an abrupt stop to the last, and significantly larger door at the end of the hall.

“In there.” He said and he spun on his heels. Before Shai could even ask another question the assistant scurried off down the hall. Shai turned and faced the door, realizing she needed the pass to gain entry. She hurriedly pulled it from her jacket and swiped it through the card key slot. The tell tale beep rose to her ears and she pushed herself inside of the lab.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:17 am
Profile YIM

The ‘good’ doctor had not been able to sleep that night over the excitement of a new volunteer from the local school. They seemed to come in less and less and so he ended up quite bored and left to make his meals himself, and so it left a poor taste in his mouth, regardless of the success in the brewing process. To take the edge off of his excitement he would continue to work on his newest series of Nanomachines, they were to be smarter, stronger, and in every way better...after all, N.I.C.E. Labs paid him to invent and innovate, two things he was very good at.

He was informed of his ‘volunteer’s’ admission into the complex at the specified time though she would still end up being late. He would toy and tease with her a bit before they got on to work. He felt sorry for her since she would be put through the wringer, hoping that it is not as bad or impersonal as his first time, though his case was a very different one.

Finally after about a good thirty minutes wait he would stand up and begin to clean himself up and straighten his appearance. He ran his fingers back through his hair to make those smooth hairs manageable. Next he would remove the wrinkled and slightly stained lab coat. Finding this the best he could do. He would make his way to the sliding doors so he could check up on her progress.

It was about that time that the volunteer in question open the door and step in. “Well, you are late Ms. Tanaka.” He chided as he stepped closer towards her. “I’m Dr. Epsis as you know already.” He said with an extended hand as he greeted her. His eyes began going over her appearance slowly, taking in the formal business attire with interest. She must have turned a few heads when she walked in. He could only imagine a many other things. “I’ll be having you assist me in the construction and design of a new nanobot this evening. Also you will continue to work here with me on your weekends, until you quit, fired, or can no longer keep that commitment up.” He explained as the doors closed behind her and locked with a mechanical click, and computerized click.

[not as big as I wanted it, but it will have to do.]

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:02 pm
Profile YIM

As the doors opened, Shai found herself nearly face to face with the only man she thought could help with her ‘problem.’ She did well to hide the shock that overwhelmed her when she laid eyes on the Doctor. She had seen one photograph of Dr. Paul Epsis, just over three years ago when she had been researching the mechanical construct of several of his early prototypes. It had been in her experience that most photographs of members in the scientific community are horribly outdated, not to mention there had not been much information on Dr. Epsis other than the fact that he had been somewhat of a prodigy. Imagine Shai’s surprise when she realized that he was still quite young, mid-twenties to late at most.

“I apologize.” She said rather firmly. She was confident that she was on a similar intellectual level with the man, if he tried to prove otherwise she would surely correct him. She extended her hand, her warmth radiating from her body as his fingers enveloped her own.

“A pleasure to finally meet you.” She wasn’t lying, but there was a hint of uncertainty in her voice. Her body tensed significantly when she heard the doors seal behind her, the sounds of the locking mechanisms were not unpleasantly loud, rather quiet actually. The labs really appreciated privacy, she thought.

She nodded understandingly as he went into a brief explanation of her volunteer work. Her jaw clenched for a moment, wishing to reveal her true intentions for being here. She broke into a soft smile and nodded. If she was going to trust the doctor with the suit that was plaguing her, she needed to make sure he’d even be able to help her.

“Primary functions?” She asked, knowing that a nanite’s intended functions determined their design. Programming was perhaps the easier part of creating a nanobot, it was creating a suitable bot for the desired outcome and scaling it down to size that was difficult.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:02 am
Profile YIM

He smiled slightly when he listened to her give an apology. He nodded to her, and approved of her attitude. “Hmm…The pleasure is all mine, I assure you of that.” He said with a nod of his head. “Well, I’ll forgive you this time around, due to the trouble the administration puts you through. We all go through it. Though, some get it a bit more than others of course.” He said with a little chuckle as he turned from her and moved back to his station and made a motion for her to follow him. He sat back down at his station and pointed to the monitor, where his work was illustrated and animated with many complicated technical readouts and other displays. On his desk sat a 12,000:1 scale model of one of his early machines that had gotten him some acclaim. It appeared to be a half pound paper weight. Even monsters had emotional attachments to people and things it seemed, though he was not exactly normal.

“Well, I’m going to explain it in detail.” He said as he spun in his seat to face her. “It is…Hmm, what was again.” He said as he scratched the side of his head. “Oh, it is supposed to be a type of new type of camouflage. It was thought up over the idea of how some sea creatures are able to change their colors to match the sea floor. But instead of turning a Caucasian into an Asian or Arab, we just loose cohesion after ten minutes after application and we end up with a Willy Wonka type situation. You know, changing colors and such. No inflation however.. That would be silly of course.” He said as he gave an annoyed sigh and sat back. “The time objective is up to seventy two hours?” He asked with a smile.

He pushed away from the station and stood up so he could offer her his chair and see how well she could handle herself. It was a test of her mettle and her ability to solve a problem. “Show me what you can do.” He said as he pushed the seat up and he stood by and waited for her to step up to the plate.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:01 am
Profile YIM

Shai’s bright gray eyes wandered over the model for several moments, listening intently to the doctor’s brief explanation. Her mind was already whirling with possibilities upon seeing the basic structure of the original prototype. The same one she had based her own designs off of. It was brilliant when it was originally constructed and had helped her close a huge gap in her research, but the thing was primitive now. She briefly reviewed the screen and in her technical contemplations had already just next to Paul, taking the helm so to speak. She kneeled over the desk, resting her weight on her palms against the cool and rather uncluttered surface, unintentionally giving the ‘good’ doctor a rather enticing view of her full, firm derriere.

She offered a polite chuckle at the subtle humor in his explanation. To her luck, the assignment was something she was entirely familiar with. She had already created a nanite that had similar functions; all it needed was a bit of tweaking. In fact, she was using that same nanite that very moment- a biting reminder of the task at hand. She lovingly ran a hand down her cheek, unable to feel the nanites embedded in her skin, but knowing full well that they were there.

She watched as Dr. Epsis rose from the chair and waved his hand over it in offering, she nodded and walked in front of it. She unbuttoned her jacket and slid it off with ease, placing it on the back of the chair, before sitting down and wheeling the chair up to the desk, her fingers already flying across the keyboard to input acquired data

“Good thing you’ve got me,” She offered boldly over her shoulder, “I can have a prototype in 24.”

She spent several moments explaining to the doctor what she was doing, her fingers pointing eagerly to the screen as she took him through a step-by-step process. It seemed the student had forgotten all about the damnable entity that was plaguing her. Her breaths were growing more rapid as her excitement grew. She went into extensive detail about the ‘make-up’ she had constructed.

She explained that the nanites were kept in a container; their design allowed them to expand their surface plates and connect with one another, which prevented them from overlapping and spreading evenly over the skin. The ‘bonding’ spray was an extra measure to ensure the nanites burrow deep enough inside of the skin so that they will last for several days instead of simply shedding with the skin.

“The sun isn’t my friend,” She explained. “I knew there were people out there who would appreciate the appearance of a tan without the hassle of potentially burning.” It seemed the woman felt right at home, she was definitely in her element. She also seemed to stress the point of having a ‘fully-functional’ lab, and that the ones offered on campus weren’t nearly as well stocked as this one was.

She pulled several drafting sheets from a holder she saw nearby and started sketching from memory. She never forgot her own schematics.

“You see the problem I had was actually getting the nanites to bind with living tissue,” She explained. “My first few prototypes had a terrible habit of clinging to dust in the air and on the furniture…I went through a lot of deactivating spray.” Deactivating spray contained a surge of electrical impulses that deactivated the nanites and rendered them useless, basically overloading their programming and disabling them.

She explained several of the modifications that could be made to the original programming of the machines to make them more suitable for the task.

“I’m sure it wont be much trouble in changing the programming. From what I understand of the desired function is that you not only want it to change skin color, but you want it to change distinguishing features as well without the permanence offered by plastic surgery. I think with a little bit of tweaking we could design a specific amount of the nanites to do some skin pull, to give the desired traits.”

What seemed like minutes to the young scientist were in all actuality hours. Hours of sharing insights and theories, data entry and schematics. All Shai’s idea of a perfect first date. A deep scarlet rushed to her face when she caught the electric gaze of the Doctor. She silently prayed that the nanite’s plates were strong enough to overcome the heated flush that overcame her, and as if on cue she heard her stomach growl. She had already turned away from the Doctor, feigning interest in the screen when the obtrusive signal of hunger had announced itself. She cast a curious glance towards on of the several clocks placed around the lab.

“I get lost sometimes.” She said offering an embarrassed smile.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:41 am
Profile YIM

Had of course stolen a few glances to her rump while he had the chance. He did love a cute butt on a girl, and this girl had it in spades. She had an outfit that screamed ‘look at me’, and look he did. He stood behind her as she took the seat.

Paul crossed his arms as he watched her as she began talk about her own work and the l. He had honestly not expected much from her on the first day. He could not help but grin as she continued on and on, the eagerness and passion for the technology was up there with his own. He found himself quite fascinated with her and grew more and more attached to her as she explained her own personal use and creation of Nanomachines. This was no small matter mind you, considering it required more power then the school labs permitted and resources he did think they had, a very odd school indeed. Perhaps he should take a boat there and check things out for himself. After all he had full rights to move over there if he so wished. The school was getting rather stuffy and boring, he needed a bit more excitement or he would honestly die of boredom.

“I am quite impressed. You passed my test with flying colors.” He said in amazement. He sat on the desk and watched her. “I had not expected you in excelling in that problem. I used it to test all those who work for me.” He said with a smile as he looked about and back to her. “As you can see, no one has yet to meet my standards.” He added with a chuckle.
“I am rarely impressed by the way, and you madam,” He said as he clapped his hands together softly. “have taken my breath away. You’re cute too!” He said with a laugh, he enjoyed teasing you women and he had found himself quite adept at that as well.

“Now, show me this nanite you created.” He said as he was quite curious on its design. He had seen her rough sketches, but he wanted to see it himself. “You wouldn’t happen to have a few free ones you could share with me do you? I’ll owe you one.” He said with a smirk.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:36 pm
Profile YIM

Shai was less than surprised at finding that the assignment was a ‘test’ so to speak. While it was a credible use for Nanotech, she had been wondering why it had been so easy. Perhaps for aspiring Nanotechnicians it would have posed a difficult challenge, but for those who were accomplished and at least knew a little bit about biology, it was child’s play.

Still the student couldn’t help but beam with pride at the several compliments she was receiving from Paul. She was beginning to feel more like his peer than his ‘volunteer,’ so she was happy nonetheless.

She felt her face growing hot again at the unexpected compliment towards her appearance. Cute? It was hardly what a grown woman wanted to hear, most preferring beautiful or perhaps even sexy, yet coming from the Doctor she couldn’t help but offer a sly smile.

“Technology fascinates me,” She said. “I love figuring out problems so you put me right in my element.” The student felt a passionate heat run through her veins as she realized the flirty tone in her voice. She dug her teeth into her lower lip and turned to face the monitors once again, also preferring the darkened room with only the screens to illuminate her way. Her fingers flew across the keyboard, and that’s when she felt the distinct tingling.

Her blouse was long sleeved, and she didn’t realize that the suit had been materializing beneath the thin fabric, snaking its way down her slender arms and wrapping around her fingers on her left hand. She felt the color drain from her face and quickly covered the hand with her other one, praying that in the darkness the Doctor hadn’t seen.

The student’s eyes widened significantly when he asked her to see the nanites she’d created. She wasn’t worried about showing him, but she simply hadn’t prepared to bring any of her own work with her. She knew it wouldn’t hurt to deactivate a few from her own skin and hand them over, but with the threat of the suit revealing itself she quickly tried to divert the situation.

“I- haven’t brought any with me today, I’d be more than happy to bring you some tomorrow.” She said rising from the chair and walking hurriedly past the doctor.

“I’m a little hungry.” She said over her shoulder, wandering towards the front of the lab where she’d left her bag. Now in a significantly brighter light she watched in horror as the jet-black markings twisted up and down her slender fingers, enveloping them in some sort of exotic glove. She reached into her bag and pulled out an apple, biting into it and seemingly holding her breath as she chewed.

How was she going to tell Paul? How could she tell him in a way that he wouldn’t think she was crazy? After several seconds she realized that she would have to either tell him and quick or get out of the lab immediately. The suit was tingling harshly against her skin, a tell tale warning sign that it was about to engulf the clothing she was wearing and leave her in something less modest. She took several steadying breaths, having had luck with delaying the process by decreasing her heart rate before, perhaps it would work with her now.

Her ears pricked at the sound of footsteps coming towards her, it seemed it would be now or never.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:09 pm
Profile YIM

(being sick sucks)

Paul gave a nod at her offer to bring some of her nanites the next time she would come over. “Really? Alright, I appreciate that.” He said with a smile. He began to notice some strange things. She was hiding her hand, and then she was moving away slowly. She was growing more and more unsettled.

"I am glad that you have applied for study with me. Though, I find it curious that you had it known that you wanted to study under me and only me. It's not normal for a student to choose the head of Nanotech development, or the average student to even know who I am," He finally said as he continued to stay where he was at. He reached for his paper weight and showed that the little thing was more of a display as it came off its base, and he pulled it apart quickly, and put it back together as if it were a child’s puzzle, but from it’s shape it was far more advanced then that. “So tell me of your reasons for seeking me out Ms. Tanaka. “ He said as he placed it down on its base again and stood up. He walked slowly towards her.

“You’re hiding something from me as well. You are apprehensive, and continue to shy away. You’re voice is telling me you are nervous. If it is something I can help you with. You had best start talking.” He noted. He had noticed that was something off, but he could never know exactly what it was, until he had the chance he has now. He walked closer and closer, until he could place his hand down upon her shoulder. He was letting his curiosity get the better of him. Though, it might just end with him having a bit more fun then he had expected.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:57 am
Profile YIM

It would seem the Doctor was highly perceptive; the student hung on his every word as he inched closer to her. Though she hadn’t taken great lengths to hide her true intentions, it was still amazing to the student on how accurate his assumptions were. She felt her body tense as his warm hand rested gently on her shoulder, unintentionally holding her breath. Instinctively she froze, unsure where to begin in steadying her tumultuous thoughts. She felt her body grow warm as inadvertent arousal entered her thoughts. The subtle ripple of the suit coursing across her skin quickly reminded the student of her plight.

“It’s true,” She admitted at last, finally releasing the breath she had been holding. “It wasn’t my intention to come here as your volunteer. I came here because I thought you were the only person that could help me with something.” She slowly turned to face the doctor, her slender fingers of her bare hand still covering the plagued one. She slowly lifted away the hand concealing the writhing inky substance, and lifted it to give the doctor a good look at the undulating mass as it swirled across her fingertips. Reluctantly she pulled back the sleeve of the blouse and to her dismay the suit was beginning to form a shackle around her wrist, along with intricate exotic leather-like sleeves.

“I don’t know what this thing is, or where it came from,” She lied, hardly willing to admit the torment she’d endured when the blasphemous thing was bound to her. “I’ve tried to cut it off of me, and it’s like it’s…bonded to my skin. It’s so strange, its warm to the touch and it’s like it has a mind of its own. I’m not sure how to say this without sounding completely insane but I feel like it’s alive.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:23 am
Profile YIM

Paul watched her closely for any sort of deception as he kept his hand upon her shoulder. She hesitated and showed a bit of fear and nervousness. He did notice the difference in her pheromone levels as he touched her shoulder. Was she that sensitive to his touch that she would begin to grow aroused? He would only smile a bit lightly at that thought before she began to unveil the secret she had tried to keep. Then he felt something odd, he could not quite explain it, but it would be soon explained it seemed.

When she began to show him her secret, he had to look closely and adjust his glasses. He had not seen something like that at any point in his life. “Oh my, that is rather odd to say the least.” He commented as he shifted his glasses on his nose and examined it closely. From first glance he could only guess that it was some sort of symbiotic creature that is bound to her body and it would react to something to do with her state of mind. “Well, from what I can see… In seems alive. It moves in an organic fashion and appears in all intent and purposes organic. I cannot tell without a further examination.” He said as he stood straight. “I take it you want me to examine it and try my hand at getting it off?” He said as he crossed his arms over his chest. “It would have been better if you told me right away.” He added with a slight sigh.

“Is there any more that you can tell me that might help?” He asked as he moved away from her and further into the lab to prepare an examination bed. “Come sit down.” He said as his mind began to contemplate on the ‘thing’ that had bonded to her and how she came across it. “Like where it might have come from? Don’t be shy. After all, what happens in the lab stays in the lab.” He mused with a smile, trying to relax her a bit.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:50 am
Profile YIM

She pursed her lips slightly as the doctor adjusted his glasses, interested eyes gleaming over the spectacle of the suit as he muttered his observations. She felt a stinging bite at the slight reprimand of his words, insisting that she should have revealed her true intentions sooner.

“I was a bit hesitant, I wasn’t sure of your character and then I just got so enveloped with the assignment.” She tried to explain, but an understanding smile quickly put the student at ease. She followed the doctor at a brisk pace, wandering towards the examination table and taking a seat gingerly.

As a scientist she knew that the more information available the easier it would be to find a possible solution. She wanted to admit the terrors she’d endured that night, but could not gather up the courage to do so. She didn’t want to endure the shame. Besides, even with the ethereal proof of the organic spectacle clinging to her skin, would he readily believe a demon had raped her?

“All I can remember,” She began a bit hesitantly. “Is I was scrounging for metals in one of the locked up sheds on campus. I realize full well I wasn’t supposed to be there, but it seems like this thing became prevalent afterwards. I should probably show you something else…” She started, feeling a bright pink rush to her face as her nimble fingers began undoing the buttons of her blouse. She grimaced as she peeled away the thin fabric, having prepared for such an exploit she wore a white tank top over her lacey bra. She shed the article and tossed it to the floor.

As she had hoped the suit had not fully began to expand over her body, and there at her chest, abdomen and on the untouched shoulder were the appearance of the exotic tribal tattoo’s.

“It seems to shift to this whenever it’s not scouring my body,” She said bitterly. “Which leads me to believe its sentient…Doctor I don’t know what I’m dealing with here and I’ll understand if you don’t want to get involved.”

Shai knew full well he wouldn’t refuse. A scientist is a scientist, any chance to study something new and unexplored is an opportunity that no scientist would pass.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:05 am
Profile YIM

This was Paul’s first time at seeing something like this, and honestly his curiosity out did his own plans for having to toy with her; after all it came with being an opportunist. He watched her strip down and it showed on his face that he was unphased by the sight of her body. He secretly however was weighing her to the many others he had seen, which hers racked up in the top 10.

He listened to her story on how she came to be covered in this strange substance, or creature. He could only guess on it’s origins but something about it just made him think it was not natural. “Well, it might be a symbiotic creature, or a parasitic. Have you felt any strange sensations, or something worth noting?” He asked as he reached for a stethoscope and placed it around his neck as he continued to ask questions on her well being.

The snaking tribal tattoos to him moved like some sort of large goo like vine. “I must say this is very interesting, It is most peculiar. So what was the result of you trying to cut it off? “He asked as he took his glasses off and put on a magnifying set of glasses that was used primarily in certain examinations and surgeries. He was amazed on how it moved about her flesh, and how its shape would seem like a bit odd. “Oh my, It seems to be forming some sort of cuff, perhaps?” He noted aloud.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:33 pm
Profile YIM

Shai’s crystal gray eyes rose to the ceiling, squinting slightly as pearl teeth dug into her lower lip. She started to think back towards the beginning; unable to remember the vast sensations she endured when the suit was first introduced to her broken body. She began to recall the past few weeks, trying to piece together the feelings associated with the parasitic material. She hardly knew how to explain the sensation that plagued her whenever the suit began it’s malicious intent.

“Whenever it moves across my skin I feel a vibrating warmth, as if a second skin is transcending my body. It tingles slightly, I can only imagine the closest feeling would be when a snake sheds it’s skin and it begins to grow anew.”

The Doctor’s personal observations were nothing Shai hadn’t already ascertained on her own. She listened intently, feeling a bit embarrassed as the doctor’s eyes roamed her body. He changed his glasses gently manipulating her arm to examine the raven swarm on her arm. A pain invoking thought rang through the student’s mind as the question was asked. She stayed quiet for several moments, long enough for him to recognize the suit’s intentions at her wrists.

“W-when I tried to cut it off, it was like cutting a piece of my own skin. It bled profusely, and I felt a throbbing pain in the area. I managed to get a small piece off but when I dropped it in the sink it disappeared, and the spot that was cut away was instantly replaced.” She said with a shaky tone, swallowing hard she continued on.

“When it changes…it takes whatever clothes I’m wearing with it.” She said shifting the professor’s attention towards the curled sleeve of her blouse, the suit having enveloped her whole left arm and the cuff steadily formed, begging to be pinned to a wall, the sleeve was slowly being devoured by the substance.

Shai shifted nervously, hardly knowing what deviant, seductive appearance the suit would take. In the instance the suit overwhelmed her body she immediately added.

“Its intended designs are generally more…perverse than one would expect.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:34 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next