View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 A Lonely Rock in Space (Argos) 

Her response surprised him. He had not expected cowardice from this opponent. Pushing off his back leg he set off in pursuit. He made up 10 meters in a second as he heard the woman’s foot steps increase.

No, not cowardice, planning, he realised as he halted at the steps above, waiting thinking his position through. The dimly lit floor and low ceiling wasn’t exactly ideal fighting conditions and the low light was unsuitable, for human eyes to focus properly. By moving herself outside she would gain the advantage, or at least dispel some of her weaknesses

Hearing her quickly moving herself down the steps, the green monster moved his right hand back and lifted his scimitar out of the scabbard that placed it inside his shield. With a twist of his wrist the sword was up in an initial guard. Turning the corner he saw the beautiful ADD agent at the bottom of the stairs heading for the partially blocked exit. Twisting the grip of his sword 180 degrees he threw his large weapon like a javelin down the stairs towards his escaping prey.

The metal sliced through the air, past the agent, embedding itself in the wall next to her with a mighty crash. The sword swayed for a moment, humming like a resonance fork.

Any Problem can be soved with a big enough Gun!!!- Old Klingon Proverb

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:01 am
Profile WWW

Every push and stride of her legs brought Iria closer to her goal. She could see the light pouring through the hole in the rubble that she made. Just a little bit closer, it would be no trouble to get through that small hole. Then all she will have to do is wait for her opponent to try and crawl after her.

Iria's eyes widen as she felt something slice just past her head. A large blade was embedded into the stone/metallic wall. It cut into it like it was nothing. Such power and accuracy it was stunning. But, the ogre had thrown his weapon meaning he was weaponless for now. The woman lets out a cry as her hammer leaves her shoulders. The large hammer head swings out wide, aimmed directly at the protruding blade. If this beast wants to show off his strength so be it. The woman's hammer crashes into the hammer in an attempt to sunder and shatter the blade.

She nearly gasps as she feels her hammer clang directly against the blade and handle of the sword. The mere sound that rang through the room was sign enough to show that her hammer did not shatter the blade. What was it made out of? Iria never encountered many things that could withstand a direct blow from her hammer like this blade just did.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:27 am

Argos smiled at the action of his brash opponent. True he had disarmed herself, but his prized weapon had taken a lot more punishment than that in the two and a half millennia he had owned it. The blade remained intact nicely, resonating again with her hammer blow, but firmly stuck into the rock.

With a quick practised twist and counter twist of his upper torso, his shield slides from his back over to cover his left arm. It was made in similar fashion to his sword and could survive a blow from her hammer with seemingly no difficulty. Whether a good blow would affect Argos behind it was another question.

With a small run up Argos leapt down the stairs, his shield raised on his arm to bring down in defence or a blow against the ADD agent. Though not sharp the edge of the shield could decapitate if Argos swung with enough force behind it. Though aiming to recover his weapon he was prepared to withstand her if she did not retreat.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:46 am
Profile WWW

The weapon rang as it remains embedded in the wall. Iria gritted her teeth. She was not sure if she was excited or annoyed that her opponent was so strong. No time to analyze this thing's weapons. She needed to get out of...

"Shit!"

Iria hissed as she turns around to the sound of the ogre leaping from on top of the stairs. With such strength, the shield can easily second as another weapon. The ADD agent turns to face the approaching monster head on. Both hands grip the end of the large hammer as her shapely hips twist around. Her foot steps around as the other pivots. Using the head of the hammer and a full 180 degree swing to add momentum, Iria swings low along the floor. As she finishes the swing, she guides the force upward turning it into a rising swing to meet the jumping ogre. She could only guess the shield was just as durable. The woman wanted to find out how strong this thing's body was and what better way than to have her mighty hammer rush up to meet the charging mass of muscle.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:56 am

The hammer coming towards him forces him to twist his body so the powerful blow comes up on to his shield. The metal on metal ends in almighty grind as the hammer end hits in the middle of the shield, protecting the wearer from her impressive blow. The upwards motion however sends, Argos feet into the wall above where his sword is embedded. The wall cracks somewhat with the force, spraying some dust and gravel out into the corridor. For an instant he stands horizontally on the wall, but is able to kick away from the wall back flipping to bring his legs below him around to come to a rest standing in front of his embedded sword.

Once landing his right arm extends to form around the single-handed grip of his Scimitar. With seemingly an effort less pull he retracts the weapon from its prison and lifts it around his head to form a classic reverse stance. He stands sideways on to her, his left handed shield covering all of his side, with the sword pointing at her from behind his head, able to quickly stab at her, from his protected position.

Rearmed, he certainly has the advantage now, his weapons not requiring a huge swing in the tight stairwell in order to be effective.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:18 am
Profile WWW

As expected, the shield absorbed and protected her opponent completely against her attack. But the force of her attack did cause the ogre to fly over the woman and against the wall. Iria steps forward and turns around. The hammer continues with it's current motion swing up over her before coming to rest in a fighting stance facing the creature. Not only was this guy big, he was agile and fast. This ogre was not just some dumb brute but a very experienced warrior. She was sure ADD would hate to see an army of people like this one. Iria on the other hand...she always did love a challenge.

The ogre now had the complete advantage. The area was enclosed and her only choices were either back up the stairs or towards the entrance and try to fight though. She regretted not just running out the door when she had a chance. Now things are going to be difficult. Her hammer was the only thing that could match this creature's reach and power. But, she had no way of breaking that guard in this situation and he was in a perfect position to counter if need be. A change of scenery was definitely in order.

"Tch," She says softly, "Look, as much as I love to play, I have work to do."

She both hands grip tightly towards the middle of the staff part of the hammer, making the weapon's movements somewhat more condense. Her lets push off as she charges directly at the ogre. With a low growl, she pushes the hammer straight out with both arms. The head of the warhammer thrusts out aiming directly for her opponent's stomach. Iria lets the shaft of the hammer slide in her hands, until only one hand held the very end of it. This was a weaker hold by far but, by this time the hammer should be striking his shield that he would no doubt bring low to guard. Her free hand immediately flex as finger blades sprout from beneath her nails. With a quick flick, she cuts the strand of mircobombs of her hair and throws it up towards the ogre's fast.

Iria shuts her eyes as continues rushing forward. The concussion blast of sound will disorient them both but with her eyes shut at least she will prevent the flash of bright light from blinding her as well. As she runs closer, her hands take hold of her hammer. Keeping it close to her body to limit it from snagging the ogre, she focuses on rushing by her opponent and reaching the pile of rubble she needs to climb over to reach freedom.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:10 am

Argos predictably moves his shield down slightly to cover the weak blow from the war hammer, given a second more he would bring around his sword in a swing, down on top of it to make a severing slice, removing the head from the shaft of her weapon. However the tiny micro bombs coming towards him force him into a much more defensive action.

Allowing her to pass him unchallenged, Argos drops to his knees, lowers his head and raises his shield upwards. The advantage of his large round hoplon, is that it has the size to completely cover him.

As the beautiful agent runs by him and into the exit, the bombs explode, with a blinding flash and awesome bang that seems to shake the building. Rock dust and sand falls from above on to the shiny shield as Argos stands. His ears ring terribly as he see the agent push herself through the exit and seemingly escape. Hmm, she deceived him for the first time, with flash bombs rather than frags.

Annoyed at himself, Argos slowly moves towards the exit to see if he can hear the agent attempting to escape, or stand at the entrance to attack him as he leaves. Unfortunately his hearing is completely useless at this time. In his head, Argos curses several times with great annoyance

Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:15 pm
Profile WWW

Iria nearly rams herself into the pile of rubble as she dashes by the ogre with her eyes shut. Even with her eyes shut the light could still be see through her eyelids. She could only imagine how her opponent was feeling assuming her plan worked. With a soft 'oof' the ADD agent climbs over the rubble and dives over to freedom.

The woman rolls onto her feet. Her eyes flutter and slowly open as she takes a moment to adjust to the outside light and recover from her own microbombs. The world was tilting slightly, a side effect of being deafened. Her head was pounding as her ears rang. Not the most pleasant of plans but, the best she could come up with in such short notice. Iria turns and looks toward the rubble. Now she had the advantage. After this much trouble, she was more than happy to give this monster a fight and end it quickly. Perhaps bringing this strange being back to the ADD will give her an excuse for coming back early. Sounds good to her. Ugh, sound...she needs to remember earplugs next time she tries something rash like that again.

Iria moves along side of the entrance, standing in a fighting stance. Her hammer was ready. That large shield will be difficult to wield while trying to squeeze through the hole she made for herself. This was the perfect chance to end it right here and right now. Better this than to run and worry about a big green stalker.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:52 pm

Argos stared at the rock that faced him. The gap that faced him was big enough for him to get through, but would be to much of a challenge to pass through and fight if the agent was out there waiting for him. Being unprotected and taking a blow from the hammer was not at the top of his wish list. She knew and he knew that she had a chance for a victory here, something Argos intended to snatch away from her.

Thankfully, his opponent wasn’t the only one who knew how to use explosives. The joys of being incredibly wealthy was the new technologies, you could get your hands on. Sliding his shield off his arm he placed it up against the stair well. Moving up to the blocking rock, Argos plunged his sword in and out three times, before burrowing out a small triangular incision.

Satisfied with his work, Argos returned to the shield, returning it to the scabbard that was on the underside of the shield. Whilst there he also searched for three plastic tubes that nestled nicely between the scabbard and the shield. The tubes were based on the light emitting glow rods that were used in several places including
Earth. Inside two chemicals sloshed about, kept separate by a thin layer of glass. By bending the tubes, the glass broke and the chemicals mixed emitting a glow. These rods however were an explosive variant.

Bending the three rods, Argos placed them in the incision quickly before gathering up his shield and retreating to the top of the stairs and around the corner, away from the blast. There he prepared himself to run through the hole, but also for the next deafening bang that was to come.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:06 pm
Profile WWW

When it comes to combat, Iria was rather patient. Rushing can lead to mistakes and mistakes lead to death or worse. Her hand clench and slowly loosen their grip on her hammer as she continues to wait. Her opponent must realize the situation and was hesitating. Or he was planning something. That sword was strong enough to cut into the wall but perhaps it will dull the blade if he does something as tedious as cutting his way out.

The agent blinks as she hears the sound of his blade cutting into the rubble. Was he really going to do that? This guy was either stupid or relentless or maybe both. Tch, this will take forever though not as long as it took her. Iria stood ready as she gazes at the entrance. The fact he was doing this at all means he knows she was waiting for him.

A large explosion deafens the woman as she was thrown backwards away from the entrance. Rocks and rubble flew every where as the bombs that were set went off. Iria stumbles and rolls on the ground, her hammer falling down beside her with a loud clang. "Ugh..." She groans as she shakily pushes herself up from the ground. The world was tilting alot more now as her ears rang, dulling all the sounds around her. She shake her head slowly as she tries to shake out the cobwebs and pounding headache. This guy was just as reckless as she was. She grabs her hammer and uses it to push herself back up onto her feet. So much for her plan, this was going to get much much harder.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:56 pm

As the final chunks of rocks fall, Argos leaps into action. Turning around the corner he again jumps from the top of the stairs missing out all of the steps. The ground cracks slightly under his weight with the incredible force, his body generates, forcing him to stop momentarily and bend his legs to absorb it.

However this barely slows him as he runs straight for exit into the dust cloud that once held the blocking rock. He could barely see the steps in front of him, from the dust, but was unconcerned. The shaft was straight and his opponent couldn’t be too close to the entrance after that explosion.

Eventually he emerges from the cloud and his vision returns to him. His opponent is just recovering, presumably from being knocked on her ass by his explosion. Sword now, drawn and shield up ready, Argos charges his beautiful adversary.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:17 pm
Profile WWW

From the dust cloud, the large green form of her opponent blasts out to freedom. He did not take a moment to revel in his victory, already charging right for the dazed Iria. At least she has more room now but she needs a few moments to recover from that forceful exit her opponent made.

Letting her hammer rest on the floor she leaves only one hand on the weapon as she reaches to her belt and draws out her pistol. She quickly raises it aiming for the charging ogre's legs. Pulling the trigger, bullet after bullet quickly left her gun. She focuses her aim low to make it difficult for him to lower his shield and charge at the same time. Her dazed state left her without any precise pinpoint aim but she was not too worried about that, this was more a way to deter him from charging blindly at her.

Iria was not fond of relying on firearms but sometimes she had to use them against those with longer reach or to buy some time. Tactics are tactics and fighting is fighting, it all ends up a rush in the end.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:34 pm

Seeing his opponent reach for her projectile weapon, annoyed him rather as he expected for this fight to have involved a more honourable form of combat. He could see her aiming low at his legs, where unfortunately his shield didn’t reach. His armour suit did at one time include metal shin pads, but his transformation had made the size of them useless.

To counter her low aim, Argos took to the air leaping up high. The sun was fortunately behind him, which he hoped would wrong foot her aim off even though it wasn’t exactly strong.

Being in mid air for such time allowed him to protect more of his body with his shield, whilst he cover the short distance towards her. From behind the large circle of metal, Argos drew his sword ready to instantly strike, once he landed next to her.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:26 pm
Profile WWW

Dust kicks up from the ground where her opponent's feet used to be. A sharp 'tch' leaves her lips as she pushes off her legs, running forward. Against such an agile fighter and that giant shield, her pistol was useless. But his high jump will at least give her a chance to move. Iria ducks low as she holsters her gun, gripping her hammer in both hands. The sun made him look like a giant block spot in the sky, like if he was the moon about to eclipse the sun. With him up in the air, she had a clear space to run beneathe him while he continues towards his original landing spot.

Going at a dead sprint, the ADD agent runs until she hears the thud of both of the ogre's feet return to the ground. Her boots skid as she pivots, turning to face her opponent as she slides to a halt. Now they were just about back where they started though with different scenery. Sadly, unless she finds a way to break his defenses, the advantage will remain his.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:45 pm

In open ground with nothing to distract him, Argos knew he was the superior warrior even though for a second his opponent had evaded him, by moving underneath. However she could not get far enough in terms of distance.

As both the figures turned they stared at each other for a moment, before Argos charged at her. With his shield up to block any aggression from the hammer, Argos took two steps forward before leaping again, but this time in a lower quick jump that brought him right up to her. Coming from above his sword was quickly brought down, in a slicing motion. The blow was a perfect one that sliced through the ADD’s belt and left a ripe in the lycra armour that she wore below it, but incredible didn’t harm the soft smooth skin blow it.

After landing Argos had already walked nonchalantly a further two steps away from his adversary, before her gun holster hit the floor with a low crack on the rubble below. He looked back at her without turning around to see her reaction.

Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next