View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Dangerous Waters [Anna Lenox] 

Post Dangerous Waters [Anna Lenox]
On the desert planet of Halus IV, on the fringe zone away from the great metropolises that made up much of the world's population, something was about to go down. For a world within the ADD's jurisdiction, it was inconceivable for an illegal deal to take place here, but the rumors had been rampant. And the fact that all communications with Halus IV had simply ceased only a few days ago and the cities seemed to be quite empty. The planet had, in fact, been evacuated with only a few unlucky to be left behind.

Halus IV was now in the hand of criminals, the cities abandoned, and the world had become quite a dangerous place. In the desert, not far away from the hyper-structure that served as the world's power source and communications network, a base camp had been built around a large warehouse where the rumors implied the deal would be going down.

Takeru stood in the middle of the warehouse, leaning back on his seat as he kept fiddling around with his electronic device. Surrounding him were various military vehicles and firearms from across the universe, gathered together under one location. This had all the appearance of being an arms sale, and would most likely draw the attention of the ADD if they took the rumors seriously, which was why he had chosen a world within their jurisdiction. He felt it less likely for them to send in an army of their own, considering one or two agents the most likely scenario for him to deal with.

The Juggernaut - "In the coldness of space and the proximity of blazing stars, I've fought both the terrors of this cold empty universe and the Agents of the self-righteous ADD. Every last one of them have underestimated me, calling me a monster, a murderer, an anarchist. What they fail to realize is... I'm far worse."

I'm always up for a RP! PM me and we'll talk! :lol:

Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Post Re: Dangerous Waters [Anna Lenox]
Kate stands atop a dune, straddling her Coyote, curses muttered under her breath as she observes the facility through field glasses. While everyone with any sense was fleeing the planet, she was out here in the damnable desert working recon. She tried to radio into base earlier in the day, but they cut communication. Apparently extraction at this particular moment is too dangerous and her ship, in the belly of the pirate-occupied city, isn't capable of long-distance travel. So here she is, a trained scout stranded with a job suited for a combat unit. Fuck that. She's not even sure WHAT her job here is supposed to be, so she's cut any attempts at completing objectives beyond her own escape.

For hours she's watched the facility. There are ships sequestered there that can suit her purpose, and the security seems relatively light; her best chance of extraction by any means. Besides, who could pass up a garage sale of tech devices that good? She shifts on her bike, tight body squeezed into purple and black lined body suit, mirrored helmet settled over her head. Best case, she can manage to convince them she's an independent buyer. Worst case, they'll be expecting an assault, which will still give her the advantage of opportunity, to tear her way in, secure a ship, and get the fuck off this damn orb. A whirlwind of sand twists and kicks behind her as the high performance bike tears across the desert surface towards the warehouse.

Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Soon, ships began arriving with potential customers and investors, who happened to be some of the worst monsters the universe had to offer. That much of the upper echelons of criminals and terrorists and despots had come here was quite worrying. The true goal behind this meeting, however, was far more horrifying than even the ADD's wildest imaginations could ever think of. Takeru grinned as he watched his guests enter the large warehouse, as they mingled and conversed with each others and examined the weapons and vehicles that were presented.

The criminal flipped a small object into the air, catching it with his hand as it came back down. It wasn't just any ordinary information packet. It contained the complete schematics to a terrifying new power, one that would forever alter the face of the universe forever. A weapon of unprecedented power and destruction. A weapon that would not only shake the very foundations of intergalactic civilization but threaten all life on every planet in every galaxy. A weapon with only one purpose.

Extinction

Takeru patiently waited about a hour after the meeting had started, in order to allow the rest of the guests to arrive. He couldn't know that he was about to have one of the ADD's finest present either.

The Juggernaut - "In the coldness of space and the proximity of blazing stars, I've fought both the terrors of this cold empty universe and the Agents of the self-righteous ADD. Every last one of them have underestimated me, calling me a monster, a murderer, an anarchist. What they fail to realize is... I'm far worse."

Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:15 am

Given the size and scope of the event, infiltration wasn't difficult. She left her bike with an attendant, slipped him a few bills to keep an eye on it, auto-pilot clicked on, left to linger silently, ready to kick into gear at her command. While the guests mix and mingle, waiting for the big announcement, she blends in with them. Well... Maybe blend isn't the right word for it. With her nubile body poured into the skin-tight catsuit, she sticks out like a sore thumb among the thugs, mafioso, and arms dealers. It doesn't put her entirely at a disadvantage, as she mingles among the ship bay. Captains and dons chatter her ear off, eager to prove that they have the biggest engine on the block, the fastest shuttle, drooling at the opportunity to offer her a test drive. She laughs flirtingly with them, fingers squeezing arms, brushing legs, leaning in to purr responses in their ears, while they dumbly rattle off their ship specs to her. She's already got her escape ship picked out, and as she flits through the crowd, high explosives are slipped inconspicuously under stray ships. If she wants to insure her escape, distraction will be key, as will killing the possibility of galactic high speed chase.

And she hears the rumors of course. A weapon of mass destruction; a planet killer. Not her problem, she tells herself. Trying to steal it would be a suicide plan, of course. Her best plan is to look out for number one: get the fuck out of Dodge, radio in to command, and let them just nuke the whole damn planet. Given the current population of the planet, they'd be killing two birds with one stone. So for now she lingers and she flirts, waiting for the big auction to draw all these men's curiousity away to provide her with cover for an escape.

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Figuring the time to be appropriate now, Takeru stood up from his seat, holding his arms out in a welcoming gesture. "Thank you, gentlemen and ladies, for coming here! I trust the trip here wasn't too dangerous, but where best to hold such an auspicious meeting than under the ADD's very nose." Takeru smiled as many in the warehouse began laughing and agreeing with the risky yet devious idea. His arms dropping to sides, Takeru went on."This may seem like just another ordinary gathering of the universe's 'scum', but I assure you all... This is not so."

Raising a hand to the large projector behind him, the criminal gave a soft grin, just as the projector flickered on. It showed two things; one, the beautiful world of Granado Prime... And orbiting in the planet's space was a massive, yet incomplete, construct. "This, my honored guests... Is the Wrath of Thanatos, aptly named after one of the Earthlings' gods of death." Takeru spoke as the projector zoomed in on the massive weapon, showing its impressive cannons and firepower from various angles. "Just about every one of us here has had run ins with the ADD. Slave runs. Arms deals. Our criminal endeavors. All of them ruined by the Agents of that self-righteous organization. We've all entertained thoughts of being the one to bring the ADD crashing down to their knees... Well, the Wrath of Thanatos is designed to be the most powerful weapon in existence. That dream is now a reality."

Takeru smiled as every criminal in the room had their complete attention on him. He held up the information packet. "I have the power of complete annihilation... in the palm of my hand. But this is not an auction. I will not be selling off this weapon to anyone else. No, instead... I am offering the opportunity... to invest in both the complete destruction of the ADD and undisputed rule of the universe. Those who join me and assist in the financing and completion of the Wrath of Thanatos will be rewarded. And those who turn their back on the weapon, out of fear of reprisal from the ADD... will be utterly destroyed by the very same weapon."

The room was completely silent as the people realized that they were here not to purchase weapons and arms but rather to pay 'protection money' or risk destruction at either the ADD's hands or by the supreme power of the Wrath of Thanatos. "Before we begin accepting 'investors'..." Takeru chuckled, "I'll need you all to show your identifier that were supplied with your invitations. Just a simple security precaution. After all, there is always the chance that there are a few people that doesn't belong here." Takeru finished as many in the room began taking out silver cardkeys that held the identification codes for the criminal.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:37 am

She curses her curiousity. Despite all the thought and planning of escape, she couldn't help but sneak to the fringes of the crowd to hear a snippet of the man's announcement, lingering towards the background, just a peek before she snuck off to smuggle the ship. But now, as the crowd all starts to mill towards Obsidian, she's going to stick out like a sore thumb. Briskly, she steps her way back to the ship bay, doing her best to keep a moderate pace until she can slip out of sight and make a run for the chosen starship. "Oh, Kate... You stupid, stupid girl..." she mutters. Some of the eyes in the crowd follow her, suspicious.

At the vehicle parking deck, her bike quietly hums to life as she signals it through her neural interface.

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:47 pm

Takeru smiled as just about everyone in the room had been either convinced or intimidated into supplying their funds in order to participate in the construction of the super-weapon, whenever to build a stronger position for themselves... Or to protect themselves from annihilation. However, he took notice of a retreating female. 'Ah, there she is. I knew she wouldn't be able to stay away from this meeting.' From the very start, the criminal identified as Obsidian had known that there was an ADD agent on Halrus IV all along. How could he not?

The planet was known for its advanced communications network. He had chosen this planet for that very reason. Taking control of Halrus IV had been far too easy. Easy enough to do when one controls the entire planet's communications. Easy enough to do when one can force a planetary evacuation with false information. Easy enough to control and intercept all communications... And he certainly had caught her earlier attempts for an extraction. Now the pieces of his plan was beginning to fall into place.

The criminal turned to one of his allies. "Please identify everyone's cardkey and make sure they stay here. I'll be right back." Takeru turned and left via a side exit, moving straight toward the parking deck he assumed the female would be headed for. Arriving quickly, he takes notice of the Agent and assembles a handgun in his right hand. "Hold it right there, miss!"

Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:22 pm

It's hard to miss her really, body suit form fit to her tight frame, tight ass bouncing as she rapidly makes her way towards the ships, about to break out into a run as she hears the voice. Shit. She turns, slowly, bangs tumbling as she offers him a sheepish smile, long lashes batted innocently. Her hands are raised high over her head, thumb ready to press the detonator on the palm. She's calculating the numbers, gauging velocity and time as her bike dips and weaves through the labyrinth of starships. "I'm so sorry. It's just, I left my identification back in my ship. Silly, stupid me.... I was just so excited at the prospect of seeing this weapon first hand that.... Well... I'd forget my head if it weren't attached to my body, you know?"

Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:31 pm

Takeru chuckled at the woman's attempt to explain herself. "Ah, so that's the case, eh? Well, quite understandable, really. I don't blame you, especially what with all the hype these rumors are causing. Please, I apologize for pulling a gun on you... You can return to your ship and get your identifier... Kate Murray." The criminal spoke, a definite sarcastic tone to his words, his weapon still trained on the agent. "I didn't shut down the communication network. I reprogrammed it, made sure all communications went through me. I caught your requests for extraction earlier."

"Now, before you activate that detonator in your hand... I'm guessing you haven't read the files on me before? I'm part machine. I most certainly can tell when you're armed or not, whenever you've got explosives primed or not. I certainly must thank you for showing yourself. Any later and my plan would have been ruined." The criminal brought his free hand up, a detonator of his own assembling in the palm. "Now that all my victims are in under one roof, it's time to proceed with phase two... Framing you for the deaths of some of the universe's most notorious criminals and despots. More trouble for the ADD to deal with." Takeru chuckled as he pressed his detonator, blowing the warehouse apart instantly as multiple explosives erupted throughout the parking deck.

"Thank you for your presence here, Mercury. Now I have to make my getaway. Wouldn't want them to catch me here with you, otherwise they'd suspect that you're innocent after all!" Takeru laughed as he turned away, running toward another smaller building. His vehicle, a highly-modified, advanced-designs cycle rolled out of the building, stopping just short of Takeru who scrambled onto it and gave the agent a smug grin before taking off toward the other direction. 'Phase three, she'll chase me if she want to prove her innocence.'

Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:09 pm

She rolls her eyes dramatically. Her hands fold behind her head as he talks, a bemused smirk slowly crawling across her lips. "Yeah, well thanks for all that Blofeld. You got a tank of pirahnas you'd like to dangle me over while you're at it? Maybe a death ray?" She's hardly concerned about proving her innocence. She's got a rich Daddy, a treasured and integral contractor to the ADD, and it's not exactly like she fits the profile; Kate's had plenty of reprimands, but they're quite the opposite of the MO this arms dealer is trying to paint her with - a lackadaisal attitude, a sorely malnourished sense of duty to the wartime mission of the ADD, more concerned with exploration and scrounging up more gear than fighting the good fight, or any kind of fight for that matter. And even if this albatross were hung over her shoulders, well, she'd be just as likely to get a medal as she would a reprimand. This was hardly a My Lai Massacre, and, well... It's war. Worse things have been done in the name of the ADD's cause.

But Kate's not one to pass up a challenge, not when it involves a purring engine and open plains. As Takeru is running off, her bike is pulling up. She hops on, carefully reaching to settle her helmet over her head before mounting, taking her time, charitably giving Takeru the time to grab his own bike before she twists the throttle, engine revving, rumbling between her legs, boy subtle soft curve over the length of the vehicle and its off like a shot, tearing across the surface of the planet, rotors hovering just above the surface, spitting up sand in her wake as she accelerates madly, expertly weaving the sandy surface as she revs on Takeru's tail.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]