View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Fall From Grace [For Veil] 

Post Re: The Fall From Grace [For Veil]
Pulling the ribbon attached to her hair, keeping it tightly coiled and braided Veil let her long, stark white hair spill down against her nearly alabaster body and down past the pair of feathery black wings that stretched from her shoulder blades, happy to be freed as her hair came to a rest just barely below the small of her back. Not a single mark or mar could have been found upon her athletic and trim body. As she pulled the last of her battle suit down her slender legs, she stepped free as her bare toes curled against the soft fabric of her carpeted room. From underneath the suit all she had been wearing was a simple form fitting spandex catsuit. The sleeves and legs had been cut short, showing off her elegant legs and leaving very little to the imagination yet still covering her very tastefully.

It had more than a long day, it had been a long sleepless week. Sneaking undetected into heavily protected space and then down onto a planet was not an easy task. Stretching her arms above her head and getting onto her tip toes, Veil arched her pushing her full breasts tightly against the straining stretching fabric. She back glad to be back aboard her own ship. Glad to be done with another mission. She wasn't worried about the prisoner, all of her security was in place as her ship had been modified by her personally. If he even so much as sneezed she'd have been given warning.

With a turn, she flopped into her bed wrapping herself up within the silk sheets and unknowing of the dangers lurking inside of her very ship, drifted off almost immediately into a peaceful and needed slumber.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:44 am

Takeru soon found himself within the Omerta's cockpit, black tendrils jacked into the controls as he began stealing whatever information he could find and establishing control over the ship. He could see that the agent had modified the ship herself, but against someone like Takeru... Against a criminal that had not only assimilated the genetic information of countless races but had stolen the very technology of so many worlds, compiling everything into a superior version, a new technology that not only acted as a virus but could provide defenses against the assimilated technology and could even masquerade as such 'inferior' versions.

This power enabled him to take control of the ship without it even realizing it. The alarms were still silent. The ship remained on its course. The engines retained its speed as set by Veil. 'In warfare, there are three critical conditions that must be met in order to assure victory. The first of these conditions has been met. I now control the right place...' Takeru smiled as he thought of his distant memories on Earth, listening to his father debating with friends of the family on the art of war as written by Sun Tzu.

Leaving the cockpit, Takeru returned to his course toward Veil's room, now following the signature after he had discovered the cockpit and deviated from the plan slightly. 'An excellent plan should always be abandoned in favor of a superior plan.' Another one of his father's beliefs. Reaching his prey's room, Takeru had his sensors check the agent's room and was pleased to see that she had fallen into a peaceful sleep already. 'The second of the three conditions has been met. The right timing is mine already.' A silent smirk spread on his lips as he entered the room quietly.

And here, his enemy laid in a slumber. 'Final condition met, the right people.' The criminal smirked yet again as he went over the current situation now. No longer was he trapped aboard an enemy vessel. No longer was he stuck behind containment fields. No longer was he in any danger. Now the hunter had become the hunted. Veil was now the one trapped aboard an 'enemy-controlled' ship, cornered by her own captive. The criminal stood before her in triumph, pleased to see that she still slept. Pulling a chair away from its spot, the criminal sat into it softly and leaned into it, a firearm materializing in the open palm of his hand. 'Time to return the favor.' Takeru thought as he closed his hands around the semi-automatic handgun. He had always a preference for conventional bullets, not laser weaponry. With a grin, Takeru fired a round into the floor beside the bed, alerting her to his presence and kept his weapon trained on her.

The Juggernaut - "In the coldness of space and the proximity of blazing stars, I've fought both the terrors of this cold empty universe and the Agents of the self-righteous ADD. Every last one of them have underestimated me, calling me a monster, a murderer, an anarchist. What they fail to realize is... I'm far worse."

I'm always up for a RP! PM me and we'll talk! :lol:

Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:20 am

Unaware of the danger that was rapidly over taking her ship, Veil slept soundly in the quiet of her chambers. While her body was recovering from the multiple missions she had accomplished in quick succession, her mind would find no peace. The same nightmarish dreams plagued her sleep every night. Dreams of her days as a younger woman at the hands of monsters and then days as a slave in the hellish pits of some forsaken planet. Her dream tonight was ironic perhaps, as she dreamt of what she had become at those slavers hands and what she had lost. The process of her transformation was painful, time consuming and horrific even if the end results didn't look like such. The genetic manipulations at her old Masters hands had rewarded her faithful and skilled service with had nearly stripped her of her humanity and the dark arcane magics that had awoke inside of her had almost finished the job. If it hadn't been for that odd surge that had torn her free from her slavery and A.D.D's intervention she had little doubt her Masters would have taken everything from her. It was an ironic dream because like her prisoner, she was a machine, though an organic one to be sure. She had been reborn like that of a Phoenix from the ashes of her former life, rebuilt into something her Masters could have used to expand and make greater their influence.

She hadn't realized her mistake until the bullet echoed like a thunderclap inside of her quarters, the deep blood red pools of her eyes softly glowing as they immediately fell upon the criminal Takeru leaning against her chair, hand gun leveled at her and letting her know that the first shot had merely been to get her attention. Wrapped up in her sheets as she was, her feathery wings laid flat against her back and down her body hidden within the soft folds of her multiple bedding, giving her the appearance of an pale skinned, white haired human woman. He had escaped and not even a single alarm had been raised, no security had enabled which meant that her ship was compromised and the tables had been turned. Had she not been so exhausted perhaps she wouldn't have made such an obvious mistake, she should have never left him unguarded or perhaps she would have sensed his movement with her own abilities. To late now Veil's eyes narrow for a moment in anger at herself but even if he had cracked her security he would find she kept nothing in her database about A.D.D, her missions, herself and even had gone so far as to clear her navigational log. The most he could have gotten was the rally point to a rather unimportant location within the vast emptiness of space.

Her voice carried with it a natural softness and melody, like the luring call of a siren as she spoke, "I take it you are here to register a complaint about your accommodations?" Her eyes remained ever focused on the dangerous man before her, her voice quiet trying to ever hide any sign of her true nature from him. She doubted she was going to be able to get to the armory and any gear she had left in this room was probably well out of reach. She had a few options to try and regain control of the situation but it would require a steady hand and keen focus.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:28 pm

Takeru smirked at the woman's soft remark, giving her a brief nod. "Oh, quite right. Several complaints, actually, as it were. Let's see..." The criminal, keeping her within the sights of his handgun, raised his other hand. One finger went up. "My agenda has suffered several setbacks, all of the credits going toward you." A second. "My complex has most assuredly sustained severe, and unnecessary, damage, again all thanks to you." Third. "My 'accommodations', as you so quaintly put it, were far from adequate. You shouldn't treat me like some common criminal, you know." And finally, fourth. "For all the trouble you've given me, I've managed to gleam absolutely nothing useful pertaining to the ADD nor any of their protocols. On one hand, you're quite clever. On the other hand, you're also quite stupid." Takeru then gave a condensing snort, still glaring at the agent. "Tch, all these problems and not a single thing to make up for it."

Sighing softly, the criminal sat up in his chair. "But for all the trouble you've caused, I must commend you for being able to evade my security on your approach, and for creating such an effective, yet bloody, diversion for my men, and in capturing me. You've come the farthest of all the agents I've met so far. Quite impressive, really." It was not often Takeru complimented anyone, especially someone that had caused him quite a considerable amount of trouble. "Now that my complaints have been registered..." Takeru smiled, quite sarcastically. "I only came here to inform you that our destination has changed. One of my war ships is currently on the way to retrieve us. As for you... Well, I've lost nearly all of the slaves in my holding pens, so in order to make some profit, I'm going to sell you to a slave pit. I imagine they'll pay a fair price for an ADD agent."

The Juggernaut - "In the coldness of space and the proximity of blazing stars, I've fought both the terrors of this cold empty universe and the Agents of the self-righteous ADD. Every last one of them have underestimated me, calling me a monster, a murderer, an anarchist. What they fail to realize is... I'm far worse."

Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:03 pm

Veil's eyes remained narrowed, listening to him speak and waiting for an opening as he ranted about all the problems she had caused to him and his operation. His threat didn't concern her overly much, she'd seen the worst of the pits before and even then that would only come to pass if she had failed to recapture him. She remained motionless, like she had in the hallway when the two of them had first met while she delved into her intuitive senses, focusing on his aura while working on her plan. She didn't have any mundane gear available to her, so she would have to rely solely upon her mystical and enchanced abilities. He wasn't going to underestimate her again, she could tell that as his eyes were on her like a hawk waiting to strike at even the slightest of flinches.

"Then I suppose adding that before you decided to interupt my sleep that I had recieved confirmation of an A.D.D strike force raiding the planet we had just left wouldn't really endear you to just lowering your weapon and heading back into your containment cell would it?" Her voice didn't waiver or even show the slightest hint of fear, her eyes remained cold. "I'll admit the mistake in leaving you unsupervised, I suppose with how easy it was to grab you I let my guard down but since you've now informed me of my fate if you don't mind I'll be going back to sleep...unless there was something else?" She knew it really wasn't wise to taunt him, she had seen broken fragments within the minds of his other victims of just how dangerous this criminal could be. She wasn't left with much of a choice as at the moment the only thing she had going for her was that he didn't know anything about her.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:25 pm

Glaring once again, the criminal was annoyed as he became informed of the ADD strike force coming his way. Growling softly at what had been previously a slight setback had just mutated into a fire-spewing, three-headed hydra of a disaster. "How insolent." Takeru spoke curtly before leaning into the chair once again. Accessing the makeshift communication array he had formed when hacking into the Omerta's systems, the criminal searched for the often-random frequency of the war ship on its way. "Are you receiving?" Takeru spoke softly, seemingly to no one in particular as if he had gone insane.

Then over the compromised PA system... "Yes, sir! This is the Nergal." Aptly named after the Babylonian death god, the warship known as Nergal soon shimmered into view as it fast approached the considerably smaller Omerta.

"We're pulling out of this star system now, please inform all other war ships in the sector. Unfortunate as it may be..." Takeru tilted his head softly as he stared at Veil. "...Our presence will no longer be tolerated by the self-righteous ADD once again. Retreat is our first priority, and if any ADD ship makes themselves seen, exterminate them."

"Sir! And our ground forces on Rosso?"

"... Expendable. The losses won't even be worth mentioning. Send orders for them to set charges on all Nakamura fortifications and outposts. I want nothing left standing. Rig the superstructure to overload too. Let's leave the ADD a charred and lifeless world as a present."

"Yes, sir! We'll have you in the Nergal's dock bay within fifteen minutes." The PA system went silent with that, with Takeru saying nothing else but staring at Veil. "Don't you agents ever get tired of handling missions for that miserable, bureaucratic organization? Or are even the agents blind to their own hypocrispy?"

Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:50 pm

Veil's own thoughts almost betrayed her as she barely managed to maintain her blank demeanor at the criminals communications and his decision to exterminate an entire planet. She had little doubts he was serious and besides the obvious fact that hundreds of millions were about to lose their lives, she was rapidly running out of time to make her move. She had already lost her ship and she would have bet that he had already turned her own security against her since he had already cracked into her communications array. Veil knew what she had to do and while she doubted A.D.D would have approved of such reckless course, she saw it as worthy trade.

"Don't act so noble, at least A.D.D doesn't go around laying waste to planets and ruining countless lives. They might not be perfect but at least they afford me the chance to stop people like you." Veil's eyes remained ever narrowed, matching his gaze with her own. Her plan was hardly perfect and giving that a ship was preparing to come pick them up she was only going to have this one chance. If she failed...well she was pretty sure she'd either be dead or wish that she had been. In an instant she rolled off to the side of her bed taking the sheet with her and keeping what lay underneath concealed. Dropping onto the floor as she grabbed between the mattress and pulled out a small metal syringe. Whatever fluid was inside couldn't be seen due to the metal covering but she didn't have time to debate whether or not it was actually going to work. With a quick inhale of breath Veil plunged the needle deep into the meaty portion of her thigh and hit down on the plunger. A.D.D had given her this one singular shot to be used in a state of emergency as it would override the seal containing and restricting her arcanic nature by completely disabling the nanites that had been used to create it. Normally when the seal had been taken down it felt as if a weight had been lifted but this time, done with out authorization they had warned her that the nanites were going to fight it. The sudden system shock of the seal being torn completely free was like her entire body being slowly filled with burning plasma. Ignoring the pain, she rolled into a low crouch as the sheet itself came free from her perfectly toned and shapely form as her wings flared out to her sides. Veil's red eyes shined brightly, her words whispered as she channeled the magic through her body.

All she had to do was restrain or detain him long enough till she could overload her ships FTL drive. The subsequent explosive would be more than sufficient she believed to ensure that neither of them had to worry about anything, ever again. Driving her hand to the floor, eldritch lightning crackled and arched a path towards the criminal, burning and scorching the carpet as it went.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:29 am

Growling, Takeru got out of his chair quickly as the agent sprang into action with whatever plan she had evolved, exhibiting powers he hadn't expected to see her armed with. Magic was not something he was quite expecting or prepared to deal with, but he had already looked like an idiot enough and this time around, he would not lose this battle!

Separating his body into parts as to allow the lightning arc past without damaging him too much, Takeru jumped into action himself, executing the somewhat half-assed plan he had concocted with the precious nanoseconds left to him. Completely breaking loose, losing his humanoid form, Obsidian became a swarm of nanites, enlarging its reach and size and engulfed the agent, closing in onto her body until every millimeter of her was covered in nanobots.

Not done just yet, especially with the agent's magic left to be dealt with, the swarm began invading her body, countless nanites moving past cells effortlessly to seek out her most vulnerable parts. Parts that would be less resistant to his serums. He hadn't expect to use his drugs this late in the 'fight' but Veil was proving to be one difficult foe. And luckily enough for him, his nanites had found foreign nanites within her, those produced by the ADD in fact! Realizing victory was now his, Obsidian began hijacking the ADD nanites and replicating their specs across all of its own nanites.

The result was that instead of destroying the seal, a newer and stronger seal had been made within her own body. It wouldn't last long but it would be sufficient in slowing or neutralizing her powers. Flooding more of the new nanites into Veil, Obsidian opted to fight her powers much like a body would fight invading pathogens, only... He was the 'invader' instead of the body's immunity system. More and more, Takeru realized, Obsidian was becoming much like a virus.

And from outside the room, Takeru chuckled before stepping into it. 'When dealing with the ADD, always use decoys and proxy. I'll have to send gifts to those agents I fought a while back for teaching me this lesson...' The criminal knew he could have been destroyed here, without the rest of his forces realizing what was going on. Yet another flaw in his plans...

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:31 am

The criminal would likely be further surprised at the Agent under A.D.D's employ as her accelerated healing and regeneration kicked into gear, attempting to reject his drugs and their effects upon her body. The fluid injected into her body burned hotter as it to tried to battle off the rapidly replicating nanites inside of her working in tandem with her own natural resistances. For an organic life form she seemed to able to adapt readily and quickly to her environment. Yet while her body itself would have eventually fought off the invading machines, she was not capable of doing it at the level in which they had spread. The mag-tech nanites were unique in their design as they themselves had been imbued with various parts of an mulit-layered arcane seal, the seal itself could be reinforced but not truly replicated without a practitioner of the dark arts there to do such. Her abilities failing her, her strength fleeing as the serum had begin to burn itself out under the strain she gasped out one last desperate spell, bracing herself.

Eldritch forces swirled about her, blowing some of the nanites free from her body as the FTL drive began to spool up and overload itself. The ships PA kicked on with numerous warnings about the hundreds of systems all going haywire simultaneously. Timers till critical counted down, the ships klaxon hammered through the empty halls.

And then silence.

The energy around the determined agent completely dissipated and faded from around her body. As the light faded from her eyes, she gave one last protesting strangled cry of will before collapsing onto the floor as the darkness over took her. She had failed.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:56 am

Getting annoyed further, the criminal listened as warnings came regarding all the systems running out of control, the ship in fearful danger of going out and taking the two of them with it. Obsidian continued to battle with the agent's powers and body with its nanites, trying to get a handle on them. In the meantime, Takeru had to do something about the ship. Breaking back into the systems by force, the criminal simultaneously began manually overriding them, shutting the problems down one by one. Soon, only the life supports remained online, the nearly critical FTL drives completely offline now before they did the damage Veil had hoped they would. With less and less problems to report, the PA system' warnings became fewer and fewer...

And then silence.

Listening to the agent's strangled cry of protest before she passed out, the criminal stood quietly until she was unconscious. Quite angry that this agent, unlike others, had fought with him, had persisted to even this point, had gone as far as to attempt such a maneuver. These Agents were getting to be a problem. So, instead of selling her off to a slave pit, the criminal decided to make an example out of her.

Every nanite within her body leaving Veil, Obsidian reformed itself into the monster-machine, skin as opaque as ever, an impenetrable darkness that seemed to devour even light itself. Bending down to pick up the agent, Obsidian held her within his arms and turned to look at Takeru. The ship began shaking slightly before lurching forward, straight into the oncoming maw of the Nergal, its dock bay opening up like the jaws of a great creature. Soon, the Omerta disappeared into the belly of the beast.

---

A syringe's needle penetrated Veil's flesh, injecting the serum within it. Takeru stood by the side as his scientists went about the process of waking her up. But this time around, everything would be done on his terms. The scientists had built a new seal after going over the ADD's nanites, had managed to find a way to prevent her from using her powers. And not taking any chances, Takeru had the naked agent placed within confinements, thick locks around her wrists and ankles keeping her trapped on the cold table, unable to do anything at all. And even then, he kept a detail of twenty Elite Guardsmen arrayed around the room, all of them carrying stun batons (That he was now properly protected against)
just in case. No other prisoner, agent or not, had ever received such restraints before, which stood as a testament to the agent's formidable abilities.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Veil stirred slowly, her eyes fluttering barely open as blinding light flooded her senses. She could still feel the lingering after effects of the serum she had injected into herself as her strained body hurt all over. Her exhausted body tensed for a moment as she tried to move, her wrists and ankles trapped in thick metal restraints, shackling her down onto the cool, uncomfortable metal table underneath her and pinning her wings painfully down to her back. The serum she had used had sapped her strength as she could feel each and every fiber of her being aching with weakness and then burning in pain as she tried to break free from her bindings. Closing her eyes again, her nose wrinkled in disgust at her failure as it was accompanied by a pained, trembling snort. Whatever lay in wait for her now, it was unlikely she was going to be able to overly much about it now. What the serum's after effects hadn't taken from her, she could bet that her target would have. She had proven herself to be a to great of a threat. There wasn't any way he was going to just sell her off into the slave pits were she could potentially escape from and come back to be given a second chance to finish what she had come some close to achieving. She had to focus. Torture and interrogation would likely await her and all she had left was her own will to fight him with now. A will forged from adversity and pain and hardened by everything she had gone through up to this point in what shambles had remained of her life.

"You really didn't have to trouble yourselves with my medical well being, I'm sure the slavers at the pits would have seen to it." Her voice remained quiet, wavering slightly from the utter exhaustion her tired body battled against as even in her current state she did her best to show no weakness to whomever might be around her. "I don't suppose this trip comes with an in-flight movie and meals?" It wasn't bravado held within her melodic words, like the times before her words were carefully measured though perhaps displaying a dry humour at her own horrible situation.

Stripped completely naked her body showed zero signs of her having ever been in a battle, her pale nearly white skin was flawless. Every curve, every shapely well toned muscle only seemed to accentuate her womanly frame. In the cold chill of the room and the metal table to her back, her light pink nipples had begun to harden, heaving up and down as her full breasts moved with every pained but controlled deep breath she took as she tried to steady herself. She would have been quite the prize for any slaver to have as there was a dark beauty and exotic elegance that seemed to pour from out from her, though she was perhaps a bit on the dangerous side.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Takeru chuckled at the agent's dry humour. "Still got a sharp tongue, I see. No movies on this trip, my apologies, but worry not, you've been intravenously fed for all your nutritional needs. You've been unconscious for a full three days, in case you were wondering." The criminal stepped to the table's side, a smug smile glaring down at the agent, his face in the way of the bright lights which left his visage masked in darkness. It had been indeed three days since they left the system, since Rosso was reduced to an ash-choked, lifeless world, since the A.D.D strike force arrived and found nothing at all and could not find their lost agent.

"Change of plans, though. No slave pits for you, my dear. You would have just escaped eventually, and your superiors could send you a second time. And who know... You might even get lucky that time. So instead of that, I've decided to keep you aboard the Nergal. You're likely marked down missing in action by now, incidentally." The criminal smiled yet again, wondering what the prisoner would think of being his captive for an indefinite amount of time. He would certainly enjoy the attempt to break her.

"You see..." Taker laughed softly as he bent his knees enough to allow him to rest his arms on the table, chin on top of them. "You get to be my personal slave, and believe me, I will be breaking you in myself, as many times as it takes to teach you a lesson. As I said, you fucked with the wrong criminal. So... as of today, you are no longer free anymore." And with one word, he imparted as much intensity in it as he could, and directed it at Veil. "Slave."

Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:31 pm

"My, such an honor." Veil uttered in response, trying to maintain her cold demeanor. From all the information she had managed to collect on him and her own recent failed attempt at bringing him to justice she had a pretty good idea just how dangerous he was. Veil knew A.D.D wouldn't be sending any rescue parties after her, nor would their be an official inquiry into her disappearance. Likely they'd just assume her dead, captured or rogue and wait to get confirmation when it eventually revealed itself. She was going to be truly alone once more and subjected once again to a slave's life. The only small bit of satisfaction that she could even think of was that the longer he kept her around the more time she would have to try and figure out a way to dispatch or capture him and get herself free. She believed time to be on her side in that regard, she would not break easily though it was a grim thought indeed in the back of her mind that she knew he wouldn't wanted her to. She could almost feel that he wanted to make her pay for everything her actions had cost him. The planet, his slaves, pain at her hands and nearly being captured or killed to boot was going to likely cost her dearly as she doubted he was going to underestimate her ever again. Her faintly glowing orbs of red remained barely opened as he spoke, smoldering with defiance yet for the first time flickering behind them was a measure of doubt. With no support, no gear, the main stay of her abilities locked away, all she had left was her mind, her extra sensory perception and intuition and her bodies ability to adapt, resist and heal...and even then like her strength those had been greatly weakened and would take time to be restored if they ever were.

She wasn't about to give him any idea's and remained silent. She'd been a slave before and it was a harrowing, nightmarish experience that had left her nearly broken. She had a rough idea what awaited her and it was in that knowing that part of her own will had already begun to turn against her. She wasn't going to submit to him. She couldn't. Shaking her head lightly she cast the dark whispers from the corners of her mind, refusing to listen. She may not have wanted to feel or experience the hell he doubtlessly had in store for her but it would be better than willingly cowing to him out of fear. Disgust and loathing marred her perfect features as she inwardly cursed her own weakness and clung only to the hope she would be able to discover a way to free herself and deal with this situation once and for all. It didn't matter what she said she knew she was going to be punished for it regardless, "I will NEVER serve you! I may have failed but those better than I shall take my place and see you brought to justice or at the very least cast into the nearest star...no matter how much worse you deserve."

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:19 pm

Takeru laughed softly at Veil's little outburst. "Yes, yes, yes... I know. I deserve to die. I deserve to be destroyed in the worst and most horrifying manner possible. And even then, it wouldn't be nearly enough." The criminal sighed. "But you agents and the A.D.D never seem to listen. Killing me is an impossible task. I cannot be caught and brought to justice. Ever." He looked up at an Guardsman, motioning him to approach with a finger. The soldier went toward the other side of the table, awaiting further orders.

"This... is why." Takeru spoke as the Guardsman stood, not reacting at all, as his body began to change while nanites began to shift and change, reforming the Guardsman and consuming his organic matter and the technology he wore... Turning him into yet another Takeru. The second Takeru smiled, quite smugly, down at Veil and opened his mouth to speak. "As long as there is a single nanite left, I can and will replicate over and over again. Even if I drowned, even if I got electrocuted, even if I was blown to pieces, even if I was melted into slag, even if I was murdered in any manner of ways..."

And the first resumed speaking. "I would just keep on coming back. Thanks to the power of technology, I am unkillable as long as there are people and technology. You want to kill me? You'll have to reduce every single world in existence to lifeless balls of ash and ruins, destroying all life forever. That's the only way to stop me from coming back. I'm not a man. I'm not a machine. I'm the best of both worlds."

And the second laughed, "And Obsidian, at his very core, is much like a virus. He'll assimilate everything in his way, devouring every natural resource, draining every power source, swallowing up everything that stands in his way. All these Guardsmen, all the soldiers that died on Rosso... Every single one of them was already dead. Their nervous systems were brought back to life by Obsidian, and they were converted into what they are now. You see, the universe can't replace its losses so easily. The A.D.D can't keep replacing and training new Agents."

The original Takeru snickered as he went on where the new one left off. But us? We can replace our losses far easier. Every one of our dead can be brought back. And every one of your dead is a new soldier to our cause. And through superior technology and numerical superiority, we'll bring every government crashing down to their knees... And the universe will answer to a new order... Us. The dawn of the machines is approaching."

And away from the table, a third voice came as a figure stood by Veil, his head bent over to look at her. A third Takeru smiled as he spoke. "What chance does any Agent have against a virus that'll swallow up the universe? This isn't even a fight between an elephant and an ant... The night is darkest before the dawn, so they say, but... This time around, the dawn will belong to us. What hope do you organics have? None. What. So. Ever." They were determined on destroying any hope Veil might have had harbored, no matter how long it took.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:47 pm

"Spare me your posturing and grand standing Takeru. I know what I saw and I saw your fear as clearly as if it had been written on your face. No matter how much of a machine you are, you still possess that spark, that essence of awareness that even in my current state I can tell which one is the real you. You might believe you can't be killed but for every virus their will be a cure. When that cure is found, whether it be arcane, technological or something else and you are left with nothing before your own miserable life is taken will you realize that for all your bluster and how impressive and high you rise...your fall will be just as impressive. I, alone almost had you. A singular expendable agent that A.D.D could care less about."

Veil's eyes shifted between the three Takeru's before bringing her eyes back to the real one, "It doesn't matter what you say to me, what you do to me or what happens to me because there is nothing you can do to me that I haven't experienced before. You might have beaten me, but you haven't beaten A.D.D or any of the other free alliances that will stand against you." She kept her tone quiet as she responded to the man. She had seen the truth with her own eyes, he wasn't as invincible as he had tried to make himself out to be and if she ever got free of the seal that had bound her, she would show him. Her eyes grew brighter as the red energies circling them sparked to life as her resolve had been set. She would do as she always had and she would fight until she could fight no more.

Finished talking, Veil closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her muscles tightened as she gave as good of a stretch as she could manage, she wasn't really sure what to expect from the criminal mastermind. Her own investigation had revealed him to be a great many things and her battle with him had revealed a great deal more but she knew that this was just the beginning and from this point it was only going to get worse.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next