View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Even the best won't always come out 'on top' (Raitei) 

Post Even the best won't always come out 'on top' (Raitei)
My mission Success rate is 99.5 percent. My times captured 1, Targets eliminated 1395 of 1400, My name Karin Marin Kalopth Nictus of the third moon of Salphinaes; Salphal 3 of the species Nictural head family of the species. I am the number three agent of the ADD statistically.

This is one of the few missions I failed...

"Karin, you are to intercept and kill a mercenary by the name of Raitei Xalezel. A rogue ADD agent hired him to eliminate a high profile member of one of our important alien ally race. Intercept him near the planet Alron's 8th moon. That is all."

It was the message I had recieved from Central command, I was use to them by then and of course I didn't refuse, I never refused a mission that's who I was, and who I am, and who I will always be. no matter how dangerous. I was important to the add and they in the end always rescued me because of my status and how important the nictural were to their armory.

My ship as usual drifted unseen through the void swiftly towards it's destination as I hoped to reach my target as soon as possible, I didn't know how much time I had to get there which made this much more difficult for me. I set my auto pilot systems and began to ready my equipment.

My armor covered me well unlike the ADD standard issue equipment which barely covered the wearer's privates which was very inefficient. I stretched as I sat there watching the radar attaching the deflector generator to my wrist.

Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:16 am

Post Re: Even the best won't always come out 'on top' (Raitei)
Weird situation he got himself in. Job was going well. He got one at least almost every week or two at much, which meant a good steady amount of money. Rahs was still not-so-famous mercenary after all. He couldn't expect amazing rewards for every job he took. But it was good nonetheless. But this mission... was so weird and hard for him to take.

But like his future opponent for this one, he was not one to not accept a job. Not only it was hard for him to get good business because of the ADD, but it was his life now, and he had to do his best. Even until that moment, he had never failed a mission, and he was proud of his perfect record. But when the ADD agent approached him to offer him the job of killing this high profile being, it was like a slap to the face.

Why the hell was he supposed to do this for her? And there was no reason to go destroying the directorate's favorite contacts either. But he accepted in the end, after being paid and then abusing of the agent, but that's another story. His ship was headed for a space station near Alron, and he was getting ready to dock.

As he got closer to the planet's 8th moon, Rahs was finishing with putting on a full armor since he expected a tough battle after he eliminated his target. But little did he know that he was the ADD's third best agent's target...

The mare of your night, there in your darkest hour - Sylvana

SFA---
A cold woman - Sydr Haldar
The blazing huntress - Miria Dyranda

Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:57 am

when the target came into range I softly sighed to my computer.
"Mission log seven eight alpha phi... I am going into the station in disguise in the Nictus Kranti Lige armor, the hardlight holographic display is a dress common to Alronian's and thus common on the station on which I am to search for my target... For some reason I have a bad feeling about this. I will be bringing the usual assassination tools as well as my pulse revolver and santei claws. my ship is making it's approach in full stealth my target has been seen approaching dock. Karin out."

with that My ship reached a secondary dock and I disembarked. the station was apparently designed for diplomatic address and store. there were obvious guards around every corner that had been informed of my presence and allowed me passage without even a glance. That would make my life easier at the very least. it was undisclosed which room the ambassador was staying in so I decided to wander until I found my target Rahs... I was certain he'd be searching just as I was and I at least had the element of surprise.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:14 am

Sky Breaker has been approaching the dock for an eternity, according to Rahs. He was anxious to go out and end the mission quickly, even though searching for his target would probably take more than expected. Docking... the ship's computer system voice announced, a simulation of a female tone that tended to warn Rahs of events when he was not in the cockpit.

The mercenary stood at the cargo bay, the only way out and in of his ship, just finishing of setting up his attire. He was wearing a fancy set of robes that besides serving as his disguise as an important ambassador himself, did much to help in hiding his armor and weapons beneath. He decided not to wear any protective gear on his shoulders but the rest of his body was clad in syrictae armor, resistant to practically any danger though still quite rudimentary compared to more technologically advanced systems.

His only weapons were a short sword for close kills clasped to his thigh magnetically, and a plasma pistol that would be enough to handle the guards in the station. The heavy door opened and a ramp lowered and allowed Rahs to leave his ship and meet the first guard station in the docks. His amazing disguise served really well since it showed true symbols and decorations coming from his species, a dull color like purple being the main one while other bright ones were emphasized.

The guard asked Rahs for an identification to be allowed access, which was something that usually would bring all his plan down, but the mercenary was prepared for such an occasion. He pulled out a fake ID that clearly proved him to be an ambassador with an holographic picture of him with and without the mask. The Directorate was more careful with his contacts than with threats, and so the guards were ordered to allow important persons in instead of having the possibility of annoying some if they were to investigate an alien properly.

Rahs had a grin hidden behind his mask and was careful while walking so his boots wouldn't make much noise. The station was pretty much empty except for a few rooms that were occupied by politicians and ambassadors in private meetings, while the rest of the place did not have much security since most of the guards were at the docks. With a sigh, the syrictae started to look carefully into rooms with beings that matched the profile of his target, and began to wander around, hoping to be fast.

SFA---

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 pm

I wandered for quite some time until I finally came upon someone of the same race as my target anyway... of course he was also the ONLY one of his race that was supposed to appear at this exact location this galactic standard day so I assumed it was him especially given his rather unique mask. I lifted a book to my face and walked towards him before I 'accidentally' bumped into him falling to my bottom with a yelp; though the three shadows cushioned my fall labeling my as a nictural which were quite common here anyway.

"Forgive me sir... this book drew my attention and my father wished for me to finish it before the meeting. I did not mean any disrespect."

I had planted a small nanite tracker on him, it would be in poor taste to attack him out in the open with so many innocents around. I knew the ADD had a thing against the harming of innocents.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:49 am

It was an annoying search for the mercenary. Most of the rooms were empty and rarely he came across other important people and saluted them before leaving. Until then, none of the rooms nor floors Rahs had visited had his target in them, nor anyone close to his species. He was a Brenedian, a species similar to a cat. But the furry target proved difficult to find.

He was not paying attention when suddenly he felt he bumped into someone. He actually had to look down to see how the girl fell but got cushioned by three shadow creatures. Those eyes and the peculiar hair, along with the shadows she used practically yelled that she was a nicturnal. I guess the ADD keeps these ones close...

Rahs was not aware of the tracker he had now on as he leaned his body over, extending a hand to help Karin up. "None taken, girl, so do not worry. I wasn't paying much attention to where I was going so I'm at fault too," the mercenary said. His voice, though cold and deep most of the time, sounded clear and almost worried thanks to the syrictae's inhuman efforts in trying to blend in.

SFA---

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:18 pm

((oh dear! Sorry about the late reply!))

I took his hand smiling softly, though for me it was a completely false smile. I didn't smile. there was never a reason for me to smile of all people. I was the second born. I was worthless to the family. My only purpose was to kill now it seemed. Not the purpose I had dreamed of in my youth.

"Thank you sir. That's very kind of you."

I offered as I pulled myself to my feet with his help before brushing off the hard light hologram I was dressed in. I shivered faintly for little reason before turning down the hall.

"Oh and so you know. the conference is in the north hall third room in roughly three hours."

I offered turning my head back over my shoulder. his robes had made it obvious what he was supposedly there for after all. I just seemed like I was being a kind daughter of a high ambassador of my race. Mind you I lied about the location, it was actually in the south hall though only a real ambassador would know that. I was just setting up my attack.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:53 pm

The girl smiled softly and cutely as she took the mercenary's hand and thanked him. She lifted herself up with his help and then brushed off her dress. "Don't mention it, miss." Rahs felt like he really didn't have much to say and just opted for that. She shivered slightly and then she made her way through the hall while he just stayed there. His mind had gotten back to thinking of the location where his target would be.

He had just taken a few steps towards the main hall until Karin turned her head around and spoke to Rahs. He looked back at her and even though he smiled as a reflex in acting his part, it was hidden by his mask, though it was obvious his voice sounded thankful. "Oh, thank you so much, I was starting to get lost in this station," he replied back and waved her good bye.

As he saw she was leaving for another direction, Rahs quickly made his way to the main hall, where it was gonna branch in the north hall and the south hall. The only reason they had been designated like that it was because a part of the station pointed to the pole of the planet, and that was the reason why the most important meetings were held there. The view of the cloudy red planet was a very impressive sight that helped some arguments held there. A few guards later, the main hall, adorned by golden lights and light brown walls clearly had an holographic map that showed where the branching halls were. Rahs smiled and made his way towards the north hall.

Three hours...Well, I'll have to wait then. Maybe I even can get an easy kill if he reaches the room first... But soon would the mercenary find out that he was the first in the north hall which was adorned by silver and white lights and yellow walls and columns. There was a very large table with seats for events like meetings but there was obviously no one there yet. The window that showed the planet was open, however, and while he waited, Rahs decided to head towards it, and faced the red planet, taking in its beauty when a slight summary of his plan was checked in his mind.

SFA---

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]