View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 MR Mission 006: Searching the Cargo Ship (for Lurp) 

Post MR Mission 006: Searching the Cargo Ship (for Lurp)
Attention unknown cargo ship, this is Lieutenant Minerva Rocha of ADD. Please identify yourself and prepare to be boarded.
It had been the third time she had attempted to raise the vessel. The vessel had made absolutely no responses or any maneuvers since the ADD had first spotted the vessel.

Minerva had drawn the short straw so she was sent out to investigate it in her Lancer. However, the vessel didn't show any signs of life even when Minerva pulled up next to it. If she was going to find out anything she was going to have to board the ship.

Minerva gracefully pulled her ship up to an airlock and docked with the silent cargo ship. It took Minerva a little while to figure out how to open the airlock. Minerva clad in her near skintight armor stepped into the dark vessel armed with her pistol and and a flashlight.

Please PM me, if you want to RP a mission with me!

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:26 am

Post Re: MR Mission 006: Searching the Cargo Ship (for Lurp)
Quote:
Attention unknown cargo ship, this is Lieutenant Minerva Rocha of ADD. Please identify yourself and prepare to be boarded.

The message sounded once more throughout the bridge of the vessel. Lurp lounged lazily in the captain's chair as he ignored the hailing signal for a third time. All about the area was strewn the bodies of the crew; nothing dramatic...stab wounds, some decapitations. It was messy work, and altogether avoidable. Lurp had discovered this cargo ship carrying modulating high-frequency emitters through his information network. Generally benign pieces of equipment but with the potential to cause lots of trouble to his species with the right modifications.
Why hadn't they just answered my questions? Lurp mused to himself. The crew had opted to attack him when he revealed himself on the bridge asking about the cargo. The equipment itself was already suspicious...carrying it through ADD space made it seem even less on the level. And now, an agent of the ADD herself was docking.
Too suspicious...much too suspicious. With a swift movement, Lurp swirled off the chair and rolled his way towards the ship corridors.
I suppose I should prepare to meet our investigator and see what she knows.

Sat May 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Minerva turned on her flashlight as she looked around the hallway she had just entered. Wow, this ship is completely deserted. Even the hallways are dimly lit. What exactly was going on. I'll guess I have to make my way to the bridge to get some answers. Minerva carefully began to make her way through the dim-lighted ship. Her flashlight helped a little but it far than enough to get a good view of the corridors.

Mon May 10, 2010 2:30 am

Lurp had stealthily stashed himself in the cargo bay and was systematically dismantling the equipment when he heard the padding of the agent's boots easing her way toward the bridge in an adjoining corridor.

Flowing swiftly out of the hold he fell silently into pace a safe distance behind the agent as she made her way toward the bridge.
Feast your eyes on my handiwork. Lurp chuckled to himself as the agent rounded the final corner and stood staring onto the bridge.

Mon May 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Minerva moved up to what looked like the bridge, it would be here she would get the answers she was looking for. Well at least I hope I do. The red headed agent rounded the corner and positioned herself where she could stare into bridge.

She nearly threw up from what she saw on the bridge. It looks like there was a fight and the bridge crew got the worse of it. Most had died from stab wounds, but a few died from having their heads removed from their body. Despite the scene, she realized there was a certain efficiency in whoever had done this. And whatever did this, was probably still on the ship.

Tue May 11, 2010 3:32 am

As the agent steeled herself against the site of the bodies on deck and continued to survey the area. Lurp drew himself up to typical human height and smoothly shifted into a nondescript human form, nearly transparent, and devoid of any features.

Deliberately dropping a part from the dismantled cargo with a loud crash he commented non-chalantly, "Excuse me..."

Tue May 11, 2010 6:50 am

Minerva heard a voice as something crashed behind her. She quickly spun in place to turn to see where the new voice was coming from. As she did so, the red headed agent readied her pistol.

The agent found herself face to face with something that didn't have a face. In fact she could barely see the human-shaped creature as it was almost invisible, but had not features to speak of. Who are you? What did you the crew? Despite her authority, she was concerned that the creature had so easily blocked her only escape route from the bridge.

Wed May 12, 2010 3:18 am

Lurp appeared to consider the pistol leveled at his "face" for a brief moment before responding. "Lurp...and I killed them."

The direct answer seemed to baffle the agent, Lurp waited a few awkward moments before he spoke again. "What are you looking for?" He asked with same simple directness with which he had answered the agent's questions.

Wed May 12, 2010 10:33 am

Minerva processed the information the transparent humanoid told her. There was two people on this ship; she knew where one was, but the other...the other was somewhere else on the ship. Not good. Not good at all.

The humanoid question, brought Minerva back to reality. I was investigated why this ship is derelict out here. Now I know the answer...you and your friend killed them. Now the question is why did you kill them?

Thu May 13, 2010 2:37 am

"My friend?" Lurp's practiced level monotone shifted a bit. Had a surviving crew member snuck away and hid? How could he have missed any survivors?
No...very unlikely, need to retrieve confirmation. Lurp thought carefully.
"I killed them because they tried to kill me first...how do you know there are two of us?" He offered casually. If there was evidence that a survivor had escaped his attention he'd have to deal it swiftly, any survivor could complicate his interrogation of the agent.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Minvera wasn't really satisfied with the response, but she needed more information. You said that Lurp and you killed him. Where is the Lurp and what is suppose to be doing right now? Why were you on this ship to begin with? Minerva kept her gun leveled at the humanoid, she didn't wanted to take any chances considering what happened to the crew.

Sun May 16, 2010 6:02 pm

The realization of the agent's misunderstanding caused Lurp to chuckle visibly.

"So many questions, 'who are you?', 'what happened to the crew?', 'what are you doing here?'", Lurp parroted in an almost mocking manner before continuing.
"You humans analyze your information in such a rush. You seem to have misunderstood my earlier responses, I AM Lurp and I was more than enough to handle the crew. Make you nervous?"

Lurp reached down and picked up the part from the emitter that he had dropped earlier, "Now that you're finished asking me silly questions...I have a few questions of my own."

Completely ignoring the gun still trained on him, Lurp moved deliberately past the agent towards a terminal and began keying in a few commands.

"You mind as well holster that firearm. I know you think you have the advantage with me at the end of your barrel, but I can assure you...you won't be needing it for this next part." He remarked at her without even turning around.

Sun May 16, 2010 7:45 pm

Minerva watched as the humanoid reached down and picked up the transmitter. So he was Lurp and the only one on this ship besides her. And if he was able to take out the entire crew by himself he was quite dangerous. However, the his interest seemed not be with her. In fact he just went by her to a terminal and began to working on something. Hey wait a minute. What are you doing with that terminal? She kept her gun ready to go but tried to see what trying to do. She had no idea why the ship was out here to begin with.

Sun May 16, 2010 8:07 pm

A holographic display hummed to life showing the basic information of the cargo the ship was carrying. Leaving the information in place, Lurp positions himself squarely in front of the agent.

"Cargo always has a specific purpose. This ship's manifest that you see before you details exactly what it was before I took it apart. This leftover part should be evidence enough." Lurp waved the unidentifiable part.

"You are obviously Directorate, therefore you will give me more detailed information regarding where this ship was going and what the cargo was supposed to be used for."

Tue May 25, 2010 12:08 pm

Minerva didn't like the tone of that Lurp was using. I came out to investigate why this ship was out here in the first place. Minerva looked at the holographic display. Well I don't recognize that part, I will have to try to track down what exactly that was for. And find out where it was going. Minerva sighed, these patrols were never simple. I hate when people try to smuggle stuff under my nose, it makes life so complicated.

Wed May 26, 2010 4:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]