View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 MR Mission 10: Halls of the Labyrinth 

Post MR Mission 10: Halls of the Labyrinth
It had been titled Outpost-Y366 by the chroniclers, but everyone called it the Labyrinth. Outpost-Y366 wasn't even it's original name - it had been there as long as anyone had remembered, and if whatever species that created it still existed, they weren't claiming credit for its creation. It's not as though anyone would want to. It was never owned, it was simply inhabited. Most who landed there simply did so to plunder it for lost technology and scrap metal, undermining its integrity, making even walking the halls a potentially deadly undertaking when one could be sucked into space by a hull breach at any moment. Others moved there to stay, at least until it served its purpose or they were killed by outlaws. They would make sporadic attempts at rebuilding the station so that they could inhabit it, adding new sections, modifying to suit the needs of their species, causing the outpost to grow at bizarre, unnatural angles until the present day where the original core of the station could no longer be seen from space.

Then there were those who landed their craft in the Labyrinth because they had a mission. Such as Minerva.

Last edited by EvilRoeSlade on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:49 am

Post Re: Halls of the Labyrinth - for Minerva
The dark hanger bay was lite up by the lights of an ancient fighter as it entered. The entire place had looked to be abandoned but, the fighter turned slowly to make sure there was no surprises. After completely a full rotation, the fighter slowly settled for a landing. As the engines whirled down to a stop, the hatched opened revealing the pilot.

Even in the spacesuit, the feminine features of its occupant was obviously clear. The helmeted pilot climbed down from the fighter and took a defensive position. She didn't wanted to take any chances, as she was hunting a dangerous foe. Slowly the figure moved over and sealed the hanger from the coldness of the space. It was only then that the figure moved a helmet.

The red headed woman had her rifle still at ready. The ADD had sent her to capture the dangerous Kerith. She still couldn't believe she was trying to track down an actual Minotaur, how such a creature even existed was beyond her. However she had to stop him as he had been a thorn in the ADD side for a long time. Slowly the agent made her way into the Labyrinth.

Please PM me, if you want to RP a mission with me!

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:55 am

Post Re: MR Mission 10: Halls of the Labyrinth
The moment Minerva could no longer see her ship, she was immediately unsure if she could retrace her path to it. The halls of this derelict station seemed to defy sanity itself. Tunnels branched everywhere, most of them collapsed and impossible to travel through, but many more still serviceable. Whatever was powering this station's life support was obviously malfunctioning. The air was breathable but gravity was weak, in some halls so weak that Minerva could just as easily walk on the ceiling or walls if she chose to. The decoration's were the most "charming" aspect of all. There were grisly trophies, graffiti written in alien languages (and often with alien blood), obscure symbols and figures made out of scrap metal and less identifiable material. The only way to make sense of the place would be to assume that a band of psychopaths had landed here, each staked out their territory, and then promptly killed each other in an all-out war. This was probably not very different from the station's actual history.

Minerva didn't know how, but somehow she felt that she had breached the haphazard and roughly-built exterior. The halls now had a definite pattern, though not one that conformed to human sensibilities, and there were clear attempts at repair more sophisticated then just attempting to build new rooms and corridors in random directions. The gravity had also improved. Minerva couldn't walk on the ceiling anymore, though she could still jump far higher than she normally could.

Somewhere ahead, she heard a faint buzz and a virtual voice breaking the silence. Perhaps the station's computer system?

Closer than that, she heard something large and powerful moving through a nearby hall. She was not alone.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:29 am

Minerva soon discovered she was lost inside this station. It seemed to be like the station was haphazardly built at best. Tunnels were everywhere and seemed to go in random directions. Some tunnels worked, some did not. The gravity was week and it seemed in any random direction the agent could find some sort of graffiti and trophies.

Minerva continued to move forward and after a while found something that wasn't quite humanly built, but still had a sense of standardization about. It was as if the inner space station existed first and the rest was built around. The gravity was much stronger, and Minerva found she had to walk on the floor, though she could get a descent hight on her jumps.

It was then Minerva discovered she was not alone, there was something large moving in the next hallway. Minerva decdied to take a quick look to see what she was up against...

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:03 am

As Minerva approaches the sound, it stops. She tries to find the exact place she first heard it from, but just as she thinks she has it, the noise appears again, behind her and moving away. It stops entirely for a moment, and then she hears a violent metal scrape, followed by nothing.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:30 am

Slowly Minerva started to move towards the source of the sound, as she got close the noise suddenly went silent. It was weird, did somebody hear her, more than likely. She started to quietly to ambush whoever was making the noise. As she got close, she realized her target was no longer there.

It was then that Minerva noticed a new noise moving away from her. It kept moving away from her until she heard some violent metal scraping as if something was being moved. It was then that Minerva was afraid the enemy was already up to something and had begun to set up to go on the offensive.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:03 am

Minerva hears another scraping noise, and she realizes her exits are being blocked off. Suddenly, a sword pierces the wall next to her, missing skewering her through the torso by a foot. It wrenches downward and begins sawing an opening, one fit for an immense creature.

Now that this has been taken care of, says a deep, fierce voice. Who do I have the pleasure of meeting?

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:51 am

Minerva stepped back as a giant slam through the wall and almost impale her. As she backed off, she realized the sword was being used to carve a huge hole in the wall. As the section of the wall was yanked away, a huge creature stepped in. Standing at nearly 9ft, the giant black frame dwarfed the red headed agent. Her gun at the ready, she stared into his red eyes. Mythology had come to life right in front of her as she faced the last of the minotaur. I am Minerva Rocha, and I been tasked to bring you in.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:19 am

Kerith's furious gaze flicked to the left and right before settling on Minerva again, intensely, hungrily. All alone. You fools never learn do you. You might have been tasked with bringing in an earthquake or a thunderstorm. The chains that could hold me are long vanished from this world, as are the smiths that could forge them.

Kerith smirked at Minerva's rifle. Then again, not even the ancients could have foretold the coming of such advanced technology. What are you waiting for agent? Bring me in!

He crouches, leaps sideways, and then roars as he brings his sword high up and takes a swing at Minerva.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:11 am

Minerva dove out of the way as he took a swing at her. She rolled away from him trying to gain distance. She wouldn't wind a hand to hand fight against such a beast, but a shooting war was entirely different story. She brought her rifle as she took aim at the beast. This shot was meant to slow him down a little.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:10 am

Kerith took a few shots from Minerva's rifle, crouching in an attempt to avoid them, but simply being too big in a hallway that was simply too small. However, if they had slowed him down at all, it certainly didn't show it. The only evidence of injury was a slight few trickles of blood, the flow slow and already beginning to shut off.

Recall sword! Deploy minigun! Kerith's artificial hand lights up, and his sword vanishes in static and a flash of blue and is replaced by a huge weapon that no human could use unless it was mounted and bolted to a solid surface. He wields it two-handed, and though his form shakes a bit, his mighty form absorbs the recoil completely. There is a deafening noise as he fires the gun, spraying hundreds of bullets per second.

There is a bend in the hallway right beside Minerva, into which she could take cover to avoid being cut in half by the massive gun.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:45 am

Minerva was disappointed as her shot slammed home, his frame was simply so huge she couldn't miss. However, if her shots were having any effect, Kerith didn't seem to show it. In fact except for some drops of blood, there was little any evidence the bullets was doing anything to the minotaur.

It was then the agent noticed the minotaur move his hands to one side of his hips. With a flash of blue light, his sword being replaced a huge minigun. Minerva looks in disbelief for a moment or two as the gun's barrel begin to spin, indicating that the weapon that the minotaur had summoned out of thin air was fully operational.

Minerva ducked behind a bend in a hallway, just before a deafening roar filled the hallway. As fits of hallway flew by in the hail of bullets, it was clear that a frontal attack wasn't going to work. She was going to need to take a different hallway to flank the massive creature.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:07 pm

Minerva could retreat easily enough, Kerith hadn't had time to block off that particular exit. She could hear his movements now as well, he could be stealthy when he wanted as she had previously observed, but now that he was wounded his battle lust was beginning to take over. He no longer had the presence of mind for subtle tactics.

Soon Minerva's opportunity arrives. As she retreats, keeping out of his view, his pursuit suddenly stops when he comes to an intersection. Believing she had gone down a different hallway, he stops, sniffs the air, and then turns around, slowly retracing his steps and leaving his back where the agent can get to it.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Minerva continue to retreat as she tried to avoid any line of sight with the minotaur and his minigun. One burst from that weapon, and she would be one swiss cheese agent. She could hear the footsteps behind her, as the giant monster continued to pursue her. However after a little while she suddenly heard the footsteps stop.

Minerva turned and quietly turned around to confirm that the minotaur wasn't falling her. She stealthy made her way back to see what had stopped the giant creature following her. However, she found herself behind the might creature who wasn't sure exactly what direction she had gone and was trying to figure out what hallway to go down.

[i]This is too good of opportunity to pass up. Minerva put down her rifle and pulled out her stun gun. Aiming at the center of the back of the Kerith, she holed it had enough power to take the giant beast down.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:27 pm

As she lines up the perfect strike, too late she sees Kerith's head half-turning, a sneer already on his lips. With speed that such a huge creature has no right to possess, he spins and blocks her strike with the haft of his gun. He taps his wrist again and the gun vanishes, replaced in moments with a huge axe. Kerith steps back, on guard.

You're in my labyrinth, agent. Don't think you'll be able to hide. He swings his axe with a swift one-handed grip, forcing Minerva back and steps forward. I was going to rebuild this place. Make it my home, finally stop wandering. But you girls couldn't let me do that, now could you?

He lowers his axe but in another moment he raises his prosthetic hand, which opens at the wrist. In the blink of an eye, steel cables are shooting out of it toward Minerva at a break-neck speed. Time to teach you this Minerva! Mess with the bull, and you get the horns!

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next