View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 The princess and the pixies (Elena) 

Post The princess and the pixies (Elena)
Wald. A remote planet. Fertile and beautiful, with land land masses largely covered by majestic trees, home to exotic wildlife. Or so it had been. It was not so any more, the pixies had discovered.

The little tribe of lesser fay, the Shokushu Pixies, did not originate on the Shokushu planet. They had managed to get there from Earth, a place that was no longer to their liking. Yet Earth was not their original homeworld either. Their ancestors had come to there from elsewhere, travelling along secret pathways unknown to most mortals.

And then, one day, the Pixies had heard a call, a beckoning from a another place, far away. It was some kind of distress call, a telepathic shout from help from a dying people. It took some time for the pixies to understand it, as they had evolved differently from those who called out, but as soon as they heard it, they set out in search for old pathways to the source. They were too late.

The pixies were sitting in a majestic tree, the last one standing for miles around. Below were the track marks of giant machines. The biggies had come here first, and were busy ravaging the countryside for precious resources. Soon this place would be like the urban wastelands on Earth. No place for pixies. One pixie, a little pink one was sobbing hysterically.
"They.. they..*sob*.. burned the pretty.. *sob* flowers!"
"I found traces of an old den. Empty. Plundered."
"Blah, this place stinks! Can we go home now?"
"Wait.. wait! Beyond those hills! It seems they have not gone there yet! There are some lakes, and a giant tree, like a human skyscraper! If there are any kin left, they must be there!"
"..You..*sob'.. think so?"
"Well, we won't know if we don't search! Let's go go!"
"Oh, I sure hope there are someone! We have not played with kin in ages!"

A multicoloured swarm of pixies left the tree. Soon they were above untouched terrain, sometimes calling out in their own, ancient language.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:11 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: The princess and the pixies (Elena)
The princess of the dying world Elena had survived the torture her planet was being put through mostly alone with only scarce visits from a few of the surviving fairies as their forest, their home, shrunk to little more then a memory of its former glory. And so on the day the Shokushu Pixies had made their way back to the fay folk's ancient homeworld of Wald, Elena was enjoying what little peace she could at the base of one of the few great trees that had survived the aliens relentless harvesting of Wald's precious resources.

Dew from the trees mighty brances dripped down in a steady stream on what remained of the forest's floor, coalescing into a pool of crystal clear water that was today serving as the princesses' bath. She stood waist deep in the pool, using the cool water to cleanse her tiny body of the dirt and dust that was the norm of her days as her clothing had long since fallen to pieces. It was then that she heard the calls of other fay folk, as she stood in that pool with only a large leaf hiding her regal body from the sight of any creature that remained in the forest.

It was a strange call however, fairy yet also not, but trusting that any of those that could call out to her could not be all bad. So, with a choice she would likely regret, she used her magic to call back to them before pushing her leaf cover aside and stepping out of her bathing pool to meet her visitors....

Last edited by Elena on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Wow! Look at the size of that tree!
I bet it could house a tribe twice our size!

The flock of pixies were circling the great tower of wood. Trees of that size were rare on Earth and Shokushu. The pixies were forest dwellers, and used living vegetation for almost all purposes.

Yet a few of them felt someone calling out, not with words, but with magic. Excitedly they hushed each other, trying to pinpoint the location. One of them was perhaps a little more sensitive, and was the first to seek it out. She dove from her position high in the air, occasionally using her wings to alter direction and brake her fall.

A few other watched her descent, and started to follow.

The first female hit the ground near the pool with near feline grace. She was slender and long legged, with unruly hair. She wore a skirt, and a belt with pouches, and little else.

"Oh.. wow! You are pretty!", she exclaimed, watching wide eyed as Elana revealed herself, an elegant beauty, her wet body shimmering in the beams of sunlight that pierced the canopy above.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Profile YIM

Elena didn't immediately anwser as a female of some similar species landed in front of her, what exactly was hard to determine with its unruly hair and mismatched dress and belt, but as the compliment left a blush on her face for a moment finally she asked "A fairy? No...You're a pixie? Is that right?" Looking up she saw many others of a similar species flying down towards them and as each one landed near the first she asked "Why are you all here? It's not safe here anymore...The aliens have cut down most of the forests and I doubt it will be long before they come for this area as well."

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:16 pm

"Yup! We are pixies!", the female one answered. "My name is Relentlessly Joyful Blossom in Spring, but most just call me Pink."

To Elena, her accent must be quite thick. Not only were she talking a different dialect, she was also straining to speak slowly. Pixies talk fast and with very high pitch when amongst themselves.

A couple of others landed behind Pink. "We are here because we heard the call."

"And we are not afraid of biggies!", Pink added.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:33 pm
Profile YIM

It took Elena a few moments to sort through the female's strained speech before she said "Relentlessly Joyful Blossom in Spring? My, thats quite a mouthful. If you don't mind I will just call you Pink." As others started to land behind Pink she told them "Well, I sent out a call for help a long time ago. After all this time I had thought it went unheard. Oh, and forgive me I've been forgetting to introduce myself, I am Elena, Princess of Wald."

At Pink's insistence that they were not afraid of "biggies" Elena gave the group a comforting smile and said "I applaud your bravery. However there are far too many of them now to be able to drive them away. It will not be long before the forests are gone and my people are driven to extinction. It saddens me that I can not do anything to protect them or even, spirits of Wald forgive me, take the survivors away from this place and rebuild elsewhere."

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:06 pm

"OOOH! A Princess!", Pink squealed, clapping her hands and jumping up and down. Several of the others were landing, or hovering just above in the air. There was a chorus of approval and excitement. They had not met any fairy royalty on ages, as most who could claim such titles had been gone from Earth long ago.

"Pleased to meet you then, Your Highness!", one said, a female with purple wings and long, purple hair. "My name is Delicious Lotus Petal, but others call me.."
"Sugartits!"
"..Purple."

The pixies started introducing themselves all at once. It seemed pixies preferred long names, but usually went by nicknames. Color seemed the easiest way to distinguish them.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:22 pm
Profile YIM

As all the pixies saw fit to introduce themselves at once it took the patient princess quite a while to sort through their rapid speech patterns to catch their names and nicknames well enough to not get them all confused. After at least taking the time to remember their colors she said "It is nice to meet you and all your friends as well Purple. But my, it has been such a long time since I had such lively visitors. It must be nice to have all these friends to spend your time with. But that aside how did you all get here? I had thought the ancient pathways were closed after the migration all those many years ago."

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:53 pm

"It took some time, true, to find a way.", one male with green wings said.

"To be honest, we did not even know where the call originated from at first", Purple said. "It has been long since our people came to our homelands, and we have moved since then."

"But we can see ancient pathways and ripples in space and time, so eventually we found a way."
"We came a bit late, though."

Some seemed sad about this. Others seemed more delighted that they had found a real fairy princess.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:50 pm
Profile YIM

"Impressive. It is an incredible feat to find the location of the old pathways let alone keep them open long enough for so many of you to get through. If you had come when the Magic Academy was still around you would have been praised for such skills. Perhaps your coming is a sign that I should indeed gather the few remaining survivors of my people and take the path you found away from this place." she told the excitable group of pixies. With the split reaction of the group at Green's mentioning that they had come too late she gave a sad smile and said "Truly you did. Wald is now but a shell of its former glory. If only we could have fathomed the lengths that the aliens would go to, to take our land and our homes, then maybe we could have done something to prevent this horrible tragedy."

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:20 pm

"It is sad that you should leave this place..", Purple said. "But it seems the invaders are hell-bent on its destruction."

"Aye!", Pink nodded. "Back home, on Earth, there was less and less of us, and the biggies borefied the place and made concrete. And then we moved another place. That was fun!"

"I suppose we could gather a few samples of plants!", Green mused. "Seeds and such. You will need them to make a new home..Then we could show you some of our pathways, perhaps."

Purple walked a little closer to Elena, lightly touching her hair. "To find a princess here, and such a beautiful one too.."
It appeared she was thinking of something, and her voice was kind of longing.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:07 pm
Profile YIM

"I would have to agree with you on that point, Purple. If only they could see the beauty of nature in its natural form, then they would not need not go to such lengths to build their odd structures." After that sad statment she looked from Purple to Pink and continued "So it has happened on other planets as well? How truly sad..."

Talking to so many different pixies at once was a bit of an effort for the patient fairy but Green's idea to gather samples from the plant life managed to cut through the commotion and she said "That is a great idea, Green. Having plants from our homeworld would make adjusting to a new place much easier. I suppose the hardest part of moving would be searching what remains of the forests for survivors as I have no idea how many survived the massacre at the dens."

All of this planning left her all the more confused when Purple moved closer to her, stroking her silvery hair gently, and she said "Well, I believe our races are all beautiful in their own ways. But I thank you for the compliment all the same." It was clear that she was oblivious to the longing in Purple's voice. Really, how could she not be? After all she had not yet been arranged a marriage by her now dearly departed mother, so no one had seen it prudent to explain the intricacies of physical relationship with another person. Oh, she had heard things but due to her status no fairy, male or female, had been able to summon the courage to come on to her, and so she remained oblivious to the advances of anyone even now after the loss of her people.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:36 pm

A few of the pixies seemed ready to dart off right away, to gather herbs and seeds. This was a pixie habit. The pixies had moved their homes several times, and each time they brought with them seeds and the larvae of beneficial insects, so they could grow a new, secret gardens with all they needed.

Meanwhile, Purple continued stroking Elena's hair, even moving closer to caress her cheeks. "Such a beautiful princess.. Back Earth, there once was royal and noble fey who presided over celebrations, rituals and ceremonies, bringing luck and magic to our lives.. But those days are far gone. Maybe we will perform such rites with you, to bring happiness to the search for a new homeland for you and your people.."

Pink moved closer as well, reaching out and letting one hand cares her arm and shoulder. "Yes, pretty princess! But it is sad to see such a pretty princess so sad. Maybe we can cheer you up?"

The other pixies seemed to be getting into an argument about strategies for searching for others, and for searching for seeds. They seemed really anxious to get started.

(OOC: Is Elena in her bigger or smaller shape now?)

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:52 pm
Profile YIM

(OOC: Smaller. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough about it.)

With Purple still stroking her hair and then moving even closer to stroke her cheeks the nude princess was more then a little uncomfortable but even so she could see that some the pixies seemed ready to fly out into the forest looking for seeds right away. Although that was dulled somewhat by Purple's reminscing of her home on earth, a curiously vague story, Elena finally asked "What kind of rites would those be? I would like to know what kind of things our brethren did after they migrated to this....Earth."

When Pink moved closer as well, stroking her arm and shoulder, she looked towards her and said "Oh, you want to cheer me up? That's so nice... But I think it will be quite a while before I can be truly happy again. Grief can not be forgotten so quickly, you see. But if it would make you happy I would be willing to let you try to cheer me up."

The other pixies seemed to be getting into an argument as the three females talked and so Elena looked to Purple and Pink and asked "Are they okay? They seem to be arguing quite fiercely."

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:38 pm

(OOC: That was what I thought. No need to say sorry, I just wanted to be 100% sure :) )

"Oh! That is nothing!", Pink said. That was true. When all of the pixies were in one spot, trying to co-ordinate anything, a certain amount of squabbling was inevitable. In fact, this was the swarm at it's more focused. Usually, their version of planning involved a lot more arguing, possibly a brawl, a very real possibility of a make-up orgy to smooth ruffled feathers after the brawl, and then the whole affair would be forgotten once they found a schoolgirl to molest.

"I would very much like to try to cheer you up!", she added. She had very definite ideas about cheering someone up, and so had Purple as well. Both girls leaned in closer, stroking Elena and caressing her skin, playing a little with her hair. Purple had her ideas for a "ritual" as well, but she was not going to spill the details of that. Yet..

The other pixies had divided themselves into groups, and these groups were taking off one after another, most to scout, but a few would stay behind to guard Elena, should the "biggies" put in an appearance.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:12 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]