View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Mechanical Failure (Therion) 

Post Re: Mechanical Failure (Therion)
With the problem of the station's situation solved, it seems things are looking up if only for a short moment. That is of course until a robotic voice fills her ears as a dark form stands in the hallway before her. The red light making it hard to make out but he is clearly not human. Much too tall and horns extending from his head. Red eyes only matching the lights she is standing in.

"So the ship is alive and controlled through a link with it's pilot. Interesting. Perhaps when you break, so will your ship."

Morloch slams his fist into the wall beside him in rage denting the metal until it breaks and his fist goes right through the armoured plating only to grip the wires inside. At once the entire hallway seems to suddenly come to life around her as the floor explodes as wires shoot up, coiling around her legs and going for her arms. More exploding from the walls and roof almost like a web as they seem to seek to bind her and hold her in place before she can reach for her weapons. It seems she has found the source of the AI problem, but it's no rogue AI gone haywire, it's something completely new. Almost like her ship, he is a living machine in a sense.

"What will you do agent. You have seen how I can control this ship. With a snap of my finger I can vent this hallway into the vacuum of space. I may not be able to control your ship but I can ensnare it long enough. Resistance is illogical. "

Pulling his hand free, Morloch begins to march towards the agent while the wires continue to try to ensnare her in their grip. Of course he can do what he said, but he won't, oh no he wants her all to himself. He wants to make her pay for spoiling his experiments and games. But most of all she has peak his interest in her. She is attractive yes but she has something else, that link with her ship and technology in a sense arouses his interest in her. Like meeting a common soul, he wants to have her now that he has seen her up close, her clothing just barely covering her body now. It's clear she will resist him until the end, so perhaps he needs a new tactic, to trap her.

"You want the biological beings still left on this station don't you. You came to save them, yet I can just as easily kill them as I can you..."

Guan [Campus] [Arena]

Morloch [Campus] [Arena] [ADD/Space]

The Corruption (Omega 00125) [Arena] [ADD/Space]

Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:13 pm

Finally I was given sight of the thing responsible for the problems aboard the station. It was frightening and that isn't an easy thing for me to admit, there was no word for fear in my native tongue. We were beings that reveled in what most would call an intolerably dark world.
He commented about my link with my ship, I glared blankly at him trying to hide all of the emotion I was suffering through right now, the easiest to hide was fear, anger and embarrassment the hardest.
”Nictural do not break like other biological life, you will be unable to learn if that is would happen in that case.”
He talked of his power to vent the ship into space, I knew it was no bluff and I was far too frustrated and tired to survive more than maybe an hour if I was lucky and with my ship disabled for at least a day that idea was not a pleasant one.
”illogical perhaps creature but, so is surrender in circumstances such as these.”
I still had the weapons; now in my hands, and was ready to use them at a moment's notice and then he threatened the innocents on board.
“...I came to investigate the silence of this station... if it was compromised I was to attempt salvage, if that was to fail I was ordered to immediately annihilate the station. The crew on board is of no importance to the mission.”
I was being honest but, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I let them simply die. I maintained a blank face as I stared at him.
”a confrontation will be unavoidable, and you will inevitably fail to defeat me, It will save us both a great deal of trouble if you surrender the station and return power to it. I will even release you if the station's inhabitants are unharmed.”
I didn't know if I could win, actually I was pretty sure i'd lose but, I hoped the blank emotionless expression and almost mechanical way I was going about this would be enough for the thing before me to simply give up without too much of a fight, maybe even believe I wasn't a natural creature since my blood was purple, a rare trait throughout the universe held by as far as I was aware, only the nictural.

Sun May 08, 2011 3:57 am

"Fool."

The words had barely escaped him moments before the very walls, floor and ceiling around her seem to suddenly explode as wires and metal seem to shower down upon her. At once they begin to coil around her arms, her waist, her legs while the metal seems to be trying to bind her hands or lock them into place while making sure she cannot bring those weapons to bare. But of course, Morloch expects her to resist, to hold them back a little while longer or try something smart. But she isn't just fighting the station anymore.

Moving faster then a human could, his hand darts out for her neck, as there is a sudden nick followed by a slight stick upon her flesh. Retracting his hand, He reveals a small claw extending from one finger with a drop of her blood upon it before it retreats into his fingertip. A higher dosage of his own personal drug. She has already been exposed to it earlier and is still fighting it. On a girl such as this, she is strong willed so it will take time to break that spirit. But worn from fighting, from running he expects her blood is flowing quicker throughout her body so she will begin to feel the effects.

"You are foolish to believe you are a match for me. All you have accomplished is to annoy me. Now let me deal with your friend..."

Part of one of the main sections of the station is suddenly vented as it begins to twist and morph itself until it becomes a ship. Armed and vastly bigger then her own, it already has a track on her ship so it's stealth systems won't work on it twice. He expects her ship will be able to last a dog fight and keep up but how will it fair against a ship that has no crew, that can repair any damage done to it's frame by tearing apart the station bit by bit. It should keep it from bothering him or spoiling his fun.

"You frustrate me and yet you are a fine specimen. I find your calculative mind, "attractive" as you creatures put it. But this battle of wits is at an end. Submit yourself and I will restore power to this station."

Guan [Campus] [Arena]

Morloch [Campus] [Arena] [ADD/Space]

The Corruption (Omega 00125) [Arena] [ADD/Space]

Mon May 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Gui was practically out of power and was now facing a ship several times larger than itself, it would be fine, it could repair its primary armor & regenerate it's body in this dimension no matter what happened to it.

But, that didn't help me against the station and it would leave me to this thing's whims longer than just recharging would. It took a few minutes for them to bind my left leg bringing me to the ground, and then my right and my waist, it was lifted to my feet and it took hold of my arms and then it tightened around my wrists forcing me to drop my weapons to the ground. I muttered a curse in my native tongue before i'd notice how close he was to me and then feel the slight pinch at my neck. I glared slightly seeing the purple drip from the small needle on his hand. The four shadows tried to break my binds but, to no avail, the best they could do was keep the binding from being too uncomfortable for me.

”I will not submit, not now & not ever! Not to something that's put me through so much hell over a damned space station!

I shouted at the mechanical thing in front of me. The effects of the drug were starting to get to me though. Being aroused never suited me, the faint reddish purple blush on my cheeks was a first sign I was starting to lose the fight against the toxin.

”The ADD will seek me out should I not return... they will not leave an entire empire's princess & ambassador be lost...”

Sun May 22, 2011 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2