View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Discoveries (for Erina) 

Post Discoveries (for Erina)
“This is the Lintar settlement requesting assistance. Please help the things are AHHH!”

That was the transmission that had been broadcast along with the distress beacon that was going off in deep space. She had been the closest agent as far as she had believed anyway and probably amongst the first to receive the transmission.

There was a settled planet near here that would probably pick up the distress beacon in a few hours though so she was in the unique position being a first responder or getting further assistance though that would require several hours in each direction so the call was her's to make ...

Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:39 am

Post Re: Discoveries (for Erina)
Since Erina's on her first mission, she got panicked and not sure how to respond to the distress beacon that she received several minutes ago. She's thinking whether she should abandon her current mission and headed towards the call or completely ignore it.

"I guess I better head for that call, who knows what could've happen if I ignore it.."

She quickly went back to her ship and headed towards the signal of where the transmission was dropped off.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:51 am

Lintar settlement wasn't much. It was a site on a barren rock where a scientific team had been set up searching the ruins of an alien civilization that had been discovered recently that were believed to be indigenous to the world millions of years back.

Sensors indicated that the atmosphere was breathable and the gravity was slight less than standard. The planet was small and line with lots of canyons. Energy signatures could be detected from one spot and all she had to do now was settle on an approach to the world in question.

Life signs on her sensors were at the camp.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:01 am

Erina lands her ship in between a canyon to avoid being seen by others. She exits her ship after she makes sure that the planet is safe enough to step on.

" There're several heat signals over the area not far from here. Better be careful on my way there.."

She sneak from rocks to rocks, making sure it's save enough before moving forward. She clutch her weapon tightly in her hand not letting her guard down on this unfamiliar settlement.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:12 am

But it wasn't she who had let her guard down as she picked her way along the rocky terrain but rather these creatures that were on the planet. They were only partially alert for they weren't expecting any trouble. They were only partially attentive since a distress call got out but it would be hours before it reached anyone and they would soon be gone once they had finished here taking the equipment that they had left behind.

There were four guards on the perimeter though only one at each facing of the compass. Each having to cover a wide expanse of territory though and neither in site of another. They were 2.2 meters tall with four arms and red scales each wore a bracelet that generated heat given that the temperatures were a little lower than they preferred the devices kept them from being too sluggish here. Each had strange rifles and a pair of stun grenades. There were probably more in the camp though infiltrating the camp or taking out one of the sentries silently might not have been too tough.

Last edited by Goro on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:29 am

Erina hide behind a large rock and cautiously inspect on the creature that seems to be guarding something. She whistles behind the rock trying to get the attention from one of the guards, so she could take him down in an ambush.

After the whistle have been blown, she takes a deep breath and awaits for the guards to react. Her worries didn't subside as she kept thinking about the distress call that had been made just now, and silently pray for their safety.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:42 am

The whistle was suspicious of course. The Adda were warriors but this planet was suppose to be barren to. He took out a transmitter and called it in speaking in his gruff native dialect that he heard something and was checking it out.

Erina had about five minutes before they would contact him again to find out what it was if he did not give the all clear. Gripping his rifle he partially jogs to the rock using others as cover encase this was a trap he would at least have cover while approach.

Moving up to the rock, he pauses, his rifle still on a stun setting from earlier he leaves it there and rounds the rock ...

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:49 am

As the guard starts to check around, Erina suddenly appeared in front of him and knock him towards the rock. Her charged spear appears to be alive which grow out a monstrous mouth which Erina points at him and threaten him to answer whatever she asks.

" Don't try anything s-stupid or I'm going to have your head. Answer what I asks and you may leave in peace." She sounds a bit of nervous as this is her first time facing a much more taller creature than her.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:58 am

He had been alert to the dangers but even so she managed to get his back against the rock, the force of the blow causing him to loose his rifle as he was faced with the living weapon. The Adda warrior had a concealed knife but didn't think he could draw it in time.

He did consider something though but needed to stall for time a little before it could truly be effective.

Noting the uniform but the unmistakeable fear trapped in it he would have smirked if not in this position.

“First mission little one? Very well, you have the advantage for now. Ask your questions.”

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:15 am

Seeing she had the upper hand now, she started asking questions to the creature. About what they are, about the distress call, about why they were here on the planet.

" Y-You better answer all of my questions honestly, if I find that you're lying.. I won't hesitate to kill you right away. Erina tries to calm down and focus herself on getting out information about what's happening on this settlement though she's still feeling a little scared about these creatures.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:22 am

She was more nervous than he given the circumstances though he'd hate to get shot because of it.

“Can I at least lower my arms. I get it I really do … one false move, faulty information and all that. Now I am only to supply a name, rank and serial number but this isn't a military action and I really, really would like avoiding being shot .so here goes …

“I am from a species called the Adda. Until recently we were fairly primitive until the Emissary from the stars came and gaze us these lightning rods,”
he glanced towards his rifle and gauged her looking, if she looked away it would be a rookie mistake but she had not answered his question so he was figuring out just how green she was.

“It was the Emissary that had us come here. We took the research team here and much of their equipment but we discovered explosive stones and had a researcher stay behind to analyze some of the larger stones that cannot be so easily removed at the commands of the Emissary. We were to get some reading then return to the base camp.”

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:40 am

"Eehhh Adda....and what's with that Emissary? Just tell me what's going on with the distress call? You guys notice it too right!?" Erina is starting to go impatient as the creature is not answering anything about the call. She did glance at the rifle for a while but she quickly turn her sight back at the creature.

She grows a bit tired for holding the creature with all her might, but is not showing it.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:52 am

“The Emissary? Well, he is the messenger of the Gods.” He states plainly as he feverishly believes that. He noticed her looking away though and figures that this plan of his just might work if he keeps her talking for a bit longer. Of course it would disable him in the process too but he was banking on the fact that the others might get here before she had a chance to recover. At leas he might recover quicker than she, she was a small one after all but a strong one.

“One of the scientists managed to get off a distress call but we didn't think anyone would have gotten it at this stage. The researcher scientist lady, whatever, was stunned and taken along with the others.”

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:06 am

Erina was listening carefully to what he has to say. For this time the feel of exhaustion was shown on her face, she didn't hold him as strong as before.

" A lady? W-Where did you guys took them to!!? " The living weapon was placed nearer to the creature as he can feel the spear breathing to it with a low roar could be heard. Erina waited for the creature to give a reasonable answer.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:35 am

“Shintar IV,” he answered, There was nothing there save for a safe hideout in these parts. “There was a team of six of them looking over the alien settlement. The Emissary took them and wanted us to stay here and check out these stones first.”

He could see that she was getting tired and had to wonder how far she was intending to push herself. It was almost time as he casually moved a pair of his hands down to his waiste, two others concealing them at the moment.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next