View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Highway Robbery (open) 

Post Highway Robbery (open)
The demon seemed somewhat apathetic as the words rolled across the screen, they had translated it into his best language, which had surprised him at first. He thought that the tongue of the pagan had been a well-kept secret. It was a rather rough version of it, missing most of the dotted vowels and lines that signified possession and gender. These were not important in briefing though. He understood his goal.

Steal a part. That was it.

He was indeed, somewhat annoyed by the general simplicity of the job, he would have liked to have sent the rest of his team without him, but (for some weird reason) this mission was A-ranked, only he had the specifications to go. He normally expected something interesting to do on a solo mission, not a simply burglary. The location was an A.D.D. station at the edge of the ring, not nearly as well guarded as some other stations. He wondered to himself, why an important part like that would be on such a far-off station.

He walked on out of the briefing room, being followed by his briefer, a stubby creature with a slug-like body. Surprisingly fast though."So what kind of ship will I have?"

The slug seemed nervous as it looked over some papers. "A..umm..Maraskara Dink.." Crush blinked and turned his head. "What? A shrinky dink? A fish-bucket? Thats the smallest and cheapest ship there is! They're gonna send me off on this 'A-ranked mission' in a sardine tin?" The slug winced as Crush raised his voice. "The only way of unsupervised entrance is the waste chute, the Maraskara is the only ship that can make a quick and stealthy entrance! "You think I care about quick and st-.." The demon bit his tongue. "Okay...fine.." He picked up a paper and muttered something. "Anyway, whats my pay.." He found the number and blinked. "This must be some part eh?" The slug nodded, relieved that Crush wasn't angry anymore.

The slug handed him the keys, said something about good luck, and quickly slithered away. Crush seemed amused. The Alliance must have had great need for this thing if they were sending him, he suspected there was more than they were telling him...well, no matter. He sat down in his provided bunk, watching several television screens. The ship he was to invade slowly tottered with grav-generation. He cut the lights and slept.

He left the next day, leaning back in the most comfortable position possible, which still left something to be desired. He could barely sit up in the damned thing. No way in hell I'm leaving that station in this thing. He thought to himself as he let auto-pilot guide him to his destination.

Picture by: Persephone

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:34 pm

Post Re: Highway Robbery (open)
The demon opened his eyes and reached up one hand to tap his data screen. His target was further away than he had expected, he found himself horribly bored as the minutes ticked by, and started to play solitaire on his dinky data screen.

(Well, lets give it another shot eh? Anyone interested, throw me a PM)

Picture by: Persephone

Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]