View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Bugs In The System (Open RP) 

Post Bugs In The System (Open RP)
***Alert! Alert!***

An ADD distress call has been sent to all agents in the area of the Sol System. An Arcturan Scientist Guild station orbiting the Jupiter moon of Io had reported strange power fluctuations coming from the moon surface. When asked to clarify, the station went silent. All radio contact with the station within the past 48 hours has been unsuccessful. The ASG affiliates have managed to put the surrounding areas on quarantine, and are asking any Directorate agent in the area to gain access to the station in order to investigate the anomaly. Lethal force will be authorized if deemed necessary.

(Free RP, the more agents the merrier.)

Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:07 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Bugs In The System (Open RP)
"This is SFA agent Nail reporting for onsite assistance, I am making my approch, do you copy?.... I repeat this is SFA agent Nail reporting for onsite assistance, I am making my approch do you copy? Is any one there?" Nail repeated over and over, clearly speaking into her ships terminal as her vessel made its approch to the dark space station.

It was only a couple hours ago Nail received the distress beacon from the ASG, her standard issued ADD lancer picking up the signal for the surrounding quarintine. Somthing crazy must begoing on to have the ASG so spooked. Asked for one of their agents to check it out since she was on patrol in the area anyway. The ADD assumed it is most likly nothing, the report did mention power fluxuation, so its no strange thing that the station went dark and lost power, it was proble some accident like a blown fuse or somthing no big problem.

Agent Nail read over the report as her lancer made is approch, moving in closer to the sation slowly befor making contact dock on the outter hull of the station. Unbuckling her self from her seat, the blond agent moved to her ship's airlock to suit up. Nail hastly slipped into a sleek jet black space suit to make her space walk to the stations outter doors, since the station was out of power Nail needed to manualy open the outter airlock from outside and get in that way.

Afther getting suited up, Nail gathered extra supplys essential to the mission, storing them in a enviroment safe pack, packing a repair kit to fix the damage if there was any, extra power cells, comunicator and her favorite shiny silzer pistol with extra ammunition. Afther holstering her gun and clipping the pack around herwaist Nail checked her suis preasure gages and once every thing checked out she set out to enter the station......

Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:43 pm

It didn't look like there were any signs of external damage. In fact, most of the beacon lights were still flashing, and it looked like power was still on. The airlock activated as normal, letting Nail inside. Once the doors closed and the pressure cycled, she could smell the stale air, ozone-filled, but still breathable. As she enters, all she could see was emptiness. No bodies, no signs of life, just...emptiness, as if there were never any personnel on station to begin with.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:53 pm
Profile WWW

The Behemoth was docked on the opposite side of the station and unknown to the agent three of her associates had arrived already checking out the station. Hope was one of hem. After Mia had rigged up something on their ship to remotely activate the air lock they had come over. The team of three Sweepers broke up.

Mia, the tech of the group moved to engineering, while the captain, Ami gave them orders to remain sharp and checked out the galley and living quarters, mainly areas that could be fortified.

She was to check out sick bay encase there was an out break of some sort. There was no slime, no bodies. Hope was possessed with a cagey luck and while she was suited up like her fellow agents in the event that there was an outbreak of some sort she head a spike in her communicator but mere static. A word or two … “SFA … agent …. Nail … approach ...”

This was a ship's communicator that was too powerful for her simple short range one. Mia had probably cleaned up the message but their communicators worked short range with each other rather than ship to ship which they didn't need … budget cuts …

When she was closer her communicator could reach Nail's. No doubt that Mia and Ami would likely do he same. She was chimed by the captain soon after the message.

“Cap?”

“Mia says section 42 is the closest to that transmission. Link up with that agent and head to sick bay let her know what ground we're covering so we can overlap our search better.”

“Couldn't you tell her by communicator?”

“They're cutting in and out, Mia thinks whatever happened to the station is cutting our range down right now we three are close enough together well you and I are, me and Mia kept cutting out.”

“Roger. I'll take care of it.”

So far so good she clicked off the transmitter in her helmet and made haste to meet the new arrival. Sweeper teams were usually sent into areas to eliminate all threats or to pull off rescues so this was a bit different but her luck tended to be abnormally high and this could be something strange but manageable. Till the bolo went out for all agents ...

Better Lucky than good ...

Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:26 pm

Nail leap from her ship afther the landing gear made contact with the stations outter hull. Using magnetic greaves Nail matched accrost the outter hull to the rearest airlock with little trouble. Yet somthing felt off to the agent, the closer she got to the airlock more was reveled on the station. No external damage to the out side, atleast none that she noticed and the beacon lights were still lite, very strange. Once at the airlock Nail quickly realized it didnt require the manual override like she origanaly thought and instead of turning back to land her ship the right way Nail simple decided to proceed into the station.

Floating from zero g into the airlock Nail closed the outter door befor letting them close behind her and the preassure cycle through befor aiting for te inner doors to open letting her take that first step into the research station, gun drawn as Nail stepped out of the air lock, quickly checking her suroundings, befor telling her self it was clear, yet she still had a bad feeling about this....

The preasure cycled and gave the green lite, it must mean the air was safe to breath. Nail took this as fact as she removed the space suits matching jet black helmet afther olstering her pistol, takes a deep breath only to ecoil from the stale air. "The air taste stale here....." Nail mummbled to her self as she clipped her helmet to her utility belt and unholstered her gun to move deeper into the station.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Both Hope and Nail will notice that there were no signs of inward damage or carnage. In fact, the place looked pristine, like it was still in dry-dock. The chrome and plasteel surfaces still shined, and any electronics or computers they passed were still operating as normal, every once in a while going into a standby beep.

All signs pointed to the lab sections, which were in a lower part of the station. Good money said that whatever triggered the alert was down there. Still, it didn't make sense. The manifest said this station was crewed by at least eighty people...minimum.

And indeed...the air was quite stale...still breathable...yet it smells like something was burning...

Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:26 pm
Profile WWW

What was going on here? She moved through the halls, rifle at the ready and sword by her side. The Nagai steel weapon was a thing of beauty in her hands though her shooting was only fair at best. Three grenades had been attached to her utility belt, to ordinary frag grenades and the last an ion one good at taking out electronics. There were additional supplies on her belt, a small field kit to deal with wounds had been one of hem though she was not much of a doctor either.

No doubt Mia would bring the station out of stand by mode at least for the sections that they needed and it looked as if whatever the issue was had been in the labs. Mia was going to them after engineering after all and when she tried to contact her fellow Sweepers she had only got static.

She was going to update them, tell them that they would hit the labs, medical was on the way after all. Opening a channel at the same frequency that had been broadcast earlier Hope repeated the same message as she made her way along.

“Agent Nail this is Lieutenant Hope Delphis of the ADD Sweeper Squad 107B90. I am in section 42 of he station and closing in on the communications room where we are to rendez-vous. Agent Nail this is Lieutenant Hope Delphis ...”

Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:33 pm

Everything about this place was off it gave Nail the creeps. Everything felt to perfect, the place was clean, pristine like it was brand new. Even stranger was the lack of even a single crewmen and that smell /taste in the air.... it smelt burnt? The manifest stated 80 people minimum work on board this station and it wasnt that big in the first place....

"were is every one....." Nail said to her self as she marched on, Pistol drawn in her hand as she checked each room she passed, tking a quick glace inside befor moving on to the next befor her wrist comunicator hummed to life, hearing an unfamilure voice on the other end. The voice sounded famale, must be another agent, Nail assumed as this Hope repeated her name on her channle over and over.

"Hello? This is ADD Hel'corian initiate Nail, Number 4211... do you copy?" Nail spoke into her comunicator loud and clear befor cutting out, quickly checking were she was Nail listened to learn of Hopes loation, hearing section 42? "This is Nail, Hel'corian initiate number 4211... Hope do you copy? I'm currently in section 44.... I repeat I am in section 44...I'm closing in on 43 now.... "

Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:40 am

(figured it would be easier to respond out of turn to get the two in one place)

“Confirmed Nail … I'll rendezvous with you shortly ...”
Hope made her way along. Rifle at the ready as she scanned the station. Air filters in her helmet didn't allow her to smell the burnt ozone smell in the air and her data on the station was mild. She did not know exactly how many people crewed a station of this size though it was more than 0. Mia, probably knew.

The Sweepers were either in the area or the brass knew that their was something here that they were not being told about. Meet up with her fellow agent then search the labs. Perhaps the people where quarantined some place if this was a medical emergency … she could not think of anything really, Mia probably had a few tech theories and Ami probably had others but bottom line they were probably going to be surprised by the truth.

Hope was just coming up on the rendezvous point now ...

Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:08 pm

( Yeah tha shoud makelife easyer for cagly! lol)

Nail held her wrist comunicator up to her lips as listened to the voice of the agent on the other end. "Got it... I'll meet you there.... Nail out." Nail replyed back befor cuting out and proceedng deeper into the station on her way to 43 to ron'de'vu with agent Hope. According to her station manifest maps and sciatics from the database the section 43 comunications room was a few rooms ahead, hoppfuly she would find Hope out side comunication's since she was on her own way there.

Sooner or later Nail came up on the ron'de'vu point she belived she would meet Hope, this other agent outside the sealed metal door to comunication's. Afther checking the doors key pad Nail discovered it was locked as she tooking a knee to wait out side until Hope arrived on the scene.

If Hope had never seen a female hel'corian half blood befor she was sure in for a treat. Nail was avrage hight for a female, short blond hair and violet purple eyes. More notable the agent had crimson red horns like that of a bull or ram poking from the sides of her head and unlike her male breathren she had no scales or repriline features but soft looking skin like that of a humens, if she really wanted to she could probly easly pass off as humen. Nail waited at the door clad in her tactical jet black suit that was form fitting and showed off her womenly curves leaving little to the imagination. The suit she wore was oviously desighed for stealthy opperation's, made out of a solid jet black material, while the sleves and sides were dark gray with hexigonal fexi plates as light weight armor and finilly rapped around her hourglass hips was a utility belt containing diffrent packs and pouches for diffrent gagets and toys...

Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:11 pm

The agents meet outside the communications hub. The security lights flicker on and off, as if signalling a contamination breach. Seems like the best place to start. The air there was more acrid, and it seemed there were stains on the wall, dark...inky stains. This was starting to look like a typical disturbance all right.

All that was left was to look inside. The door seemed half-ajar...

Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:23 pm
Profile WWW

She had never seen a Hel'Corian before, male or female though as Hope came up to the communications room she halted for a second before years of training kicked in. She was beautiful! A near human, the eye color and horns gave away the fact that she wasn't human and by the fact that she had her helmet off she could assume that their was some form of immunity or resistance to containaments … that or she had better equipment that told her that it was safe.

Sweeper teams were equipped with well, instruments of destruction though Mia had acquired most of the equipment that could be used for things such as accessing doors and computers, she was the tech after all.

Her suit was dark blue, the same shade similar o the walls of most stations and ships to better blend in since those were the areas they commonly had been deployed a. They weren't exclusive to them though, they had traveled to different worlds notably the Xagi home world in an alternate dimension though hat time they were deployed as bodyguards for scientists … well Ami and Mia had been when she showed up MIA from a prior engagement though if she were around she doubted that she would have been left out.

“Agent ...”
Hope was a small agent, light and just at five feet some would say about the size and build of the Nagai who raised her.

Lucky break … there was that luck at work again. A random meeting place she picked happened o give them their best lead so far. “It looks as if something happened here. Shall we check it out? There are two other agents in this station checking out other points of interest and I was ordered to check out the labs with you but I think we ought to take a detour through communications first.”

Mia could probably boost the signal strength of her communicators here but not Hope …

“There's something hindering communications too, we can connect when close to others, our communication devices are less effective though we often have far more firepower than a typical agent. This time they are severally limited to may a few hundred meters. Feel free to try to contact the Captain but your likely to get static.”

On her hip she had a Nagai steel blade, sheathed right now. She was an average shot but was far better in close. Attached to her utility belt had been her grenades and en emergency field kit along with a few common tools, such as a glow rod (flash light). She also had a knife strapped to her right leg above the ankle.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:22 pm

While Nail waited for Hope to arrive she examined the scene afther noticing sighs of a slight disturbance infront of the comunication room hall way. Noticing the stink near this room as she recoiled by the smell. "What in the..." Nail said to her self quietly examining the black inky stains on the walls and floor, following its faint trail befor she noticed the the figure at the end of the hall approching.

Same as Hope the agents training kicked in, pointing her pistol down the hallway. Afther spending mouths with Ven and Farner, Nail learned to become rather jumpy, never knowing when some one will simply sneak up and take a quick feel. "Whos there....Identifie your self.." Nail shouted, keeping her gun trained on the figure befor the agent's natural nightvision soon exposed the new face as Nail steadly lowered her arm. The humen wore A.D.D colors, she must be friendly.... Nail thought as she got up off her knee and approched.

Nail's purple eyes scanned the women head to toe as she walked closer. It was ovious Nail was staring as she was taken back by Hopes own stunning beutie.... she was what the humen's call cute.... Nail thought as she couldnt help but blush having the thought. The only other humens she meet were equaly as pretty and Hope was no exception to that.

"Lieutenet.." Nail replied approching as she gave the lieutenet a salute of respect since Hope out ranked her. Nail simply head her salute until Hope gave her atease befor repling to Hope agin as she tried to sound professional. "Yes Ma'am, I noticed sighs of a disturbance here.... there.... a black stubstance..." Nail pointed out befor she nodded to Hope and what she belived were orders to check out the labs and comunications with her. "yes Ma'am.... I'll follow your lead..."

Nail eplied to Hope, like a trained soldier, awnseringwith respect as she made sure to listen each time Hope spoke. " Communication... hindered here?.... I had no clue.... " Nail said flicking her eyes to...( #1)

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:42 am

(#2)... flicking her eyes to Hope's and sigh. "Sorry Ma'am... it was foolish of me to not notice that sooner.... thank you for letting me know Ma'am..." Nail said, unable to help but looked Hope from head to toe once agin, her cheeks coloring as she couldnt help but think humens were intreasting befor her eyes came to stare at Hope's shinny sword.

The agent standing befor Hope didnt have much gear by the looks of it, not like what she had on her belt such as flash lights and trama kits.. Nail carried far less. If Hope had any knowledge on hel'corian half bloods she would know they had enhanced healing, very stronge shattered resistant bones, enhanced smell and sight, they could go dayscwith out water and were immune to most diseases and bio weaponry. They were practicly super soldiers besides their drawbacks that made her and her most of her kind unfit for her own home worlds millitary, since on hel'cor the high republic donates unfit soldiers they deem unworthy to other millitary outfits such as the ADD.....

(I was thinking it might be easier if the turn order goes Cang, my self then Hope so me and Hope can be on the same page with what ever Cang wrights to push the story lol.)

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:00 am

(sounds good to me, I'll do up a post before I retire tonight or after Cang posts whichever occurs first since I'm heading out for a bit and can just post after he does to set the order with Nil following suit, Cang and then me again if that works :) )

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next