View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Bugs In The System (Open RP) 

Post Re: Bugs In The System (Open RP)
Hope was not well versed in her alien species outside of humans and Nagai. Checking to ensure there were no containments first she took off her helmet shaking out a mane of blue hair. “There, better ..” The Sweeper unit had not been equipped with the fancy H.U.D.s (Heads Up Display) and while they could have benefited from them too they were suppose to be better trained in combat scenarios and so such devices were given to the agents that needed them more. Again, budget cuts.

She did note the blush though, at least in a human it would pass as one. She was uncertain though and thought that and by thinking that she blushed too. There was the ex pirate Scorch and her Time Traveling lover Krisna. And the pair of agents that exploited her and Kris …

As large as the galaxy was she reconned she had not seen the last of the pair, or at least hoped she hadn't. Fraternizing was sort of frowned upon … it happened a lot though. She returned the salute. “At ease, Agent.” She smiled, not use to being in charge since Cap ran the show.

“Your communications could be fine though ours have shorter ranges though even here we should be able to cove the entire station. Please, it's just Hope or if you really must be formal the Lieutenant.”

She walked over to the inky goo and wondered what it was. Mia probably could analyze this stuff … she shook her head. “Alright see if you can reach anyone on this frequency.” She gave them the Sweepers one just checking if it were just the Sweepers communications or hers as well. Provided that she had not gotten through they were here.

Nail would notice that Hope had a sidearm too tucked into a holster at her back. “Alright I'll weep left you sweep right, let's do this.”

Better Lucky than good ...

Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:01 pm

As the two girls talk, there is a loud CLANK from above, then something heavy drops to the floor behind them. Well, there's one of the station staff anyway, although he looks quite dead now. No signs of trauma, no visible wounds, but those EYES...pitch black, open, face in a rictus of horror. He must have tried to hide above in one of the upper gratings from...whatever had been set loose.

The door to the communication lab opens slowly, revealing rows upon rows of surveillance video, running on short loop. It would certainly save time for the two to view these rather than do an individual sweep.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:11 pm
Profile WWW

Friend or foe? She whirls about at the sound, as poor of a shot as she was even she was hard pressed to miss from point blank range with her blaster. She fires low though at a leg. Not bothering to switch to stun as their was no time to switch with the thing being so close to her.

The doors open behind her and it I rather fortunate that there are no other that rush the pair as she sands there, ensuring that this creature 9s at least down and of little threat though she had not given Nail any order to preserve it' life so she couldn't complain about a lethal hot.

With the creature either dead or disabled Hope takes a quick look about. “Drag the body inside. We'll take a look a that footage it will save time and hopefully shed some light on what's going on here.”

Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:42 pm

Nail respectfuly saluted Hope, watching the agent infront of her befor Nail's purple eyes popped as Hope took off her snuggly fitting helmet. The reddening on Nail's cute face only grew brighter as she watched Hope's hair spill from her helmet, revealing her long sft mane and more of her pretty facial features that made Nail nervously gulp and her heart race. "Uhm... yes better... Ma'am..." Nail nervously stuttered as she held her salute firm until Hope told her to atease as Nail embaressingly blushed. "T-thank you ma'am..."

In truth Nail didnt know why she was so nervous... it was like butterflys in her stomic fluttering about.... she never felt this way befor... never twords a fellow agent atleast... the feeling was strange but nice.... The half-blood wondered on this amoment until she heard Hope speak once more giving Hope her undivided attention .

"I dnt know ma'am.... befor I contacted you... I got nothing but static." Nail replied befor that blush on her cheeks grew an even deeper red afther Hope asked Nail to just call her Hope as Nail almost choked. "Ah!.... oh! s-sorry ma'am... uh I mean Hope!... uhm...s-sorry.." Nail said nervously fumbling her words.

Embaressed Nail simply nodded as Hope examined her find then gave her codes to her channel as Hope checked out the black supstance on the floor and walls. "Thank you Hope... I'll try..." Nail thanked her, still rather nervously as she she entered in the com code. Her comunicator was no better, nothing but static as Nail simle shut it off and shook her head negitivly. " No good Hope... we are cut off from your team..." Nail said afther tring, showing Hope her wrist comunicator befor awaiting orders.

"Y-yes.... I'll cover your back..." Nail nodded, her embaressed blush some what fading away as she tried to compose her self, taking a deep breath then fallowed behin Hope. However since Hope was infront, Nail couldnt help but notice the agent's side arm at the small of her back...(#1)

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:16 am

(#2)... Nail couldnt help but notice Hope's side arm holstered at the small of her back befor Nail's eyes drifted lower to stare as Hopes rear end, forcing Nail's cheeks to brighten agin as she had a couple of un-pure thoughts befor gasped Nail and her eyes nerrowed as she snapped out of her school girl day dream.

Like Hope Nail just as quickly whipped around, in the same fluid motion quick drawing her flay lock pistol off her hip and aimed at what ever fell from the ceiling. The pistol Nail held looked big, power and could make a mess, almost like to much gun for a women her size to handle as Nail held it expertly. Thanks to her hel'corian strength she could use te weapon one handed with out hurting her self. If Hope recigonized advanced firearms of any kind she might pick of the fact it was a Flaylock hand cannon... a weapon outlawed on most civilized worlds and nolonger in mass productions because of its lethal range, power, and various firing settings...

The pair quickly realized the unknown creature was only a dead body as Nail took a deep breath caming her nerves befor lowering her weapon while Hope kept her gun on it just to be safe. Stepping closer Nail kicked it once, then twice to be sure it was infact dead befor she examined more closly befor Nail hesitated and looked up. Hearing Hope order her to bring the body inside as Nail nodded, grabbing the corpses collar and carfully dragged it into the comunications room.

Once inside Nail pulled the corpse to a clear area and let go, snapping back up as she carfully gazed around the room at the dozens of rows of survalince recordings all playing in a continuous loop. things were really starting to get weird....

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:40 am

The monitors are showing feeds from the opposite sides of the ship, sections where the agents had already walked through, the pristine halls and docking bays showing little or no disturbance. The rest...it was harder to explain. Frightened lab technicians fleeing down corridors, barricading themselves from...from what? It looked like whatever they were running from was invisible to camera, shimmering irresescently, like it possessed optical camouflage. A few more monitors showed weapons fire, all of it looking ineffective. Others showed the technicians fighting ineffectively as static crackled, the last moments of the crew put on infinite loop...

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:04 pm
Profile WWW

The body seen too she had wanted it out of the way just to make it harder for others to determine that they were about here rather than leaving a mess in sight. Her vision was less restrictive with her helmet off and she watches the feed. No telling how old this was given that this was on an infinite loop.

For the moment she was in command seeing that Nail couldn't get through so this was not just the Sweeper's communications at work.

It appeared that most of the other sections of the station had been damaged and that they had passed through those hat had not been too bad. She tries to keep focused on matters at least for now, seeing the Agent blush yes that had to be a blush. She was appealing for sure and there would probably be time to get to know her later if they both walked away from this alive.

Now had not been the best time though as much of a distraction as this was.

Optic camouflage … she could assume a foot hold situation and looked at the time stamps of various sections of the station with a shake of her head. Disturbances here and there and there again a the same time … she had not faced someone that could blend in before but had a few ideas …

“At least three of them. I surmise that it isn't a foothold situation or invasion. Probably a mercenary team after something … or eliminating someone judging by the fact that they have been made ...”

They needed more information and perhaps Mia could get more out of this mess, she couldn't and judging by that impressive cannon she had doubted Nail was specialized in data retrieval. That weapon was obviously not regulation, nor was her katana. “I'm guessing you can't get anything else from this. Grab that fire extinguisher you go an extra hand.”

Camouflaged or not they were still dealing with solid creatures and if they had to they could use their helmets, maybe even smear the floor with foam or a target to get a better idea of it's location. It would have to do for now.

“Looks as if our next stop is the internal sensors. I doubt those beings will show up but the crew will if here are any survivors.”
She thought for a moment. “Strike that.” If the sensors still worked the “invaders” would have used them to pick off the survivors. Changes were if there were any survivors they would be n an area that could be secured better. Someone may have destroyed the sensors to mask themselves too, it would have been the first thing she would have done before hiding and waiting for help if she was one of the crew and not combat trained.

“Labs. All signs point there. It would probably be the objective of these beings and and can be shut off easier to prevent explosions and quarantine the station in the event of the release of foreign chemicals. Survivors would probably go there. Mia probably has figured that out or is about too and probably there or heading there.”

Mia was barely combat trained and only a sergeant so even if that were the case she'd still be the ranking officer but that gave them someone o handle the tech side of matters if they chanced upon her.

“Fire, do you have a means of producing it? Worse case scenario if we get attacked by these things we can trip the station sprinklers and detect disturbances in the water. If not look around for a lighter or something quickly.”

After a quick look it was time to check out these problem areas. She had considered an armory too though it was probably locked or empty. Beings relying on optical camouflage were probably easier to deal with and with that freaking cannon she doubted that Nail would find anything stronger. A few rifles, maybe some grenades, probably stun which would damage the interior of the station. She had her one ion grenade that could mes with the optical camouflage too, it was a one time thing though. The Cap had one but Mia didn't carry any given that she had more tech then the other two and did not wish to accidentally fry any of it.

Once a thermal source was searched for the two would head out into the problem areas of the station threading their way to the labs … Lucky, the layout seemed to match up with Gero station which she had been familiar with ...

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:49 pm

Nail dragged that body into the comunications room, leaving the corpse on the floor befor she turned and took notice to the survalince monitors. Aproching to get a better look Nail walked up beside Hope as the pair watched the footage of whatever happened here. Whatever it was the crew on the tapes were fleeing from it wasnt caught on camera only a shimmering shape like the footage couldnt focus in on it.... Nail was at a loss as she simply watched the footage as it looped agin befor Nail turned to Hope. "What do you think it is?...."

Hope gave her awnser as Nail nodded in agreement as she looked too Hope,. "I agree....mybe..." Nail said respectivly, yet not sounding sure in the agent's idea of merc.

However at the same time Nail was just a littl distracted... The young blond couldnt help but gaze at Hope while she watched the monitors for clues as Nail slowly lost her self in Hope's pretty eyes from were she stude beside her. Nail's cheeks reddening as she blushingly stared, feeling her heart start to heavily pound in her chest agin like a young girl with a crush befor suddenly Nail gasped and quickly looked away from Hope embaressed as she tried to act as if she too was watching the monitors for clues as Hope turned to ask her a question. "N-no! No ma'am..." Nail suddenly paused as she realized her mistake of being to formal agin as she fumbled herwords. ".. uh! S-sorry!... I-I mean Hope.... I...I......O-ok!"

Nail nervously stuttered as Hope gave her an order. It was ovious the agent was embaressed by somthing as Nail seemed quick to go and grab that fire extingquisher to hold in her off hand. Listening to Hope, Nail was ready to fallow, the agent seemed to have a good idea of were to go befor Hope suddenly changed her mind, beliving the labs were the best place to go as Nail only continued to glare at her as she thought up her strategy. God was she cute when she was thinking....(#1)

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:59 am

(#2).... God she was cute while she was thinking.....

Nail agreed with Hope agin as she nodded. Hope pointing out what these beings mybe afther, but somthing bothered her as she looked back at the tapes. ".. d-do you think so...ma'...uhm... Hope.... I-i think theres more to it then that.... if this was some kind of mercenary squad, then wouldnt we see more bodies.... and why take hostage or forbid.... kill the scientists here..... that doest add up to me.... breaking in then simply slauthering everyone?... " Nail paused for a momment and wondered briefly befor she came to an idea as she looked to Hope. " This sounds more like terrorism to me.... possibly bio terrorism..." Nail said with a nervous look, befor she flicked her gaze to the corpse on the floor if it was any evidince to that idea.

"Uhm... y-yes.. Hope... I could just shoot it.... the heat should fool it uhmm... you could too..." Nail replied with a blush as she looked away nervously, hugging the fire extingquisher gently befor the two moved out.....

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:23 am

Bioterrorism or not, whatever these things were didn't use any sort of weaponry. Even the body the girls found had no obvious signs of trauma, though he looked...drained. A quick look at the armory locker next door yielded not much, as Agent Hope had originally expected. A few grenades, low blast, more useful for flash-bangs if anything.

An elevator was off the hall, schematics might suggest it goes down to the lab level...

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:54 pm
Profile WWW

“Get a hold of yourself Agent,” she was not stern in her admonishment though. Hope was focused on the task though, God, the alien was cute! It was adorable to see her blush in such a way, to be nervous about her though the Agent wasn't the only one. While she had seemed to control herself better she was still distract in making little mistakes.

“Fraternizing is frowned upon and we got this mess to deal with. Off the record though … well it wouldn't be the first time I disregarded a regulation.”
It would be the second, before Scorch and Krisna she had not even been sure of her sexuality. But first things first, they had to get through this matter first.

“Bio terrorism … it makes better sense … there are a lot of questions here to remain to be answered. Hopefully we can find one of the scientists alive and he can fill us in.”

An embarrassed blush. Yeah at their normal settings their weapons didn't trip the fire alarms but they could tinker with the weapon settings. It was to prevent simple weapons fire from triggering the alarms but at a higher setting that cannon generated more heat. She would have to tinker with her weapon a little though and there were a few parts she could remove to cause the weapon to produce greater heat but it was prone to over heating the gun. Perhaps if she set up her side arm so that it was ready …

“You can tell I rarely use my firearms. I much prefer my sword. Good suggestion,” yep she was distracted as well, that was clear …

On the way they popped into an armory only because it was along the way and opened. She grabbed a few flash bangs, never knowing when or if they might come in handy. They could run across a kook that they had to neutralize though both her firearms had a stun setting she wasn't the best of shots and she was not sure of that cannon.

Whether or not Nail grabbed some too she had left up to her fellow agent though she did point up. “There was that body in the vent so they might be moving over head too, be mindful.” Once they got to the elevator and found it clear they boarded and she had Nail cover the door as they discerned. Disassembling her sidearm without the coolant parts took little time. She possessed the skill of a soldier after all. She stuck the extra parts in the pouch containing her first aid kit and holstered the weapon again all before they reached the lower level, a soft ding signifying that they were there.

“Afterward, you'll have to give me pointers on shooting ...”
she ad been letting the Agent know she was not dismissing earlier matters out of hand before getting an acknowledgment and moving out to those labs ...

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:40 pm

"Wha..what are you talking about... I-I..." Nail's fumbled agin, her cheeked reddening a brighter crimson, worse then befor as she realizd Hope caught her staring. Hope callng the agent out as Nail quickly looked away more embaressed then she allready was, even worse as Hope ordered her to get a grip on her self, only making Nail shly hug that fire extingquisher even tighter as she looked for some kind of cumfort inorder to get through this embarressing momment. Nail ever shrugging deeper as Hope scolded her for thoughts of fraternizing and to keep her mind on the mission, but Nail felt a little better as Hope mentioned her off the record rule breaking.... The Idea left Nail speechless as she blinked on the thought as agin that agents face grew red with hot blood. "Y-you... you dont say.... " Nail shuttered as she made her self embaressed agin.

"Y-yah... hopful we can find one of them....." Nail said distractedly, trying to shake off the fantesy on Hope in her head, Nail took a deep breath befor she moved out with Hope, covering the agents back as they left comunication's. Nail unable to help but peak down as they walked, the agens purple eyes watching Hopes shaply rear end, nussed inside that tight suit she wore as if in a traceas as they both moved out untill they both stopped by the armory on their way to the lab elevator.

The armory didnt yield much, mostly security weapon's not very lethal or effective agiest what was her oviously but the armory did carry flash bangs. Nail was sure to snatch up four of those, same as Hope as she latched them onto her utility belt befor heading out agin with Hope to reach that elevator. If Hope knew her gun's then the flaylock did have a stun function, but it was a fickle piece of weaponry that fought to stay lethal. It uses same idea as a typicl stun weapon but on a diffrent scale, instead of shock or sounds it uses heavy blasistic blast to litterly knock people out. This concept was rather violent since it could....(#1)

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:56 am

(#2).... The concept was rather violent since it could and most the time would break bones and bruise the targets body.

Nail minded what Hope said, watching the air vents as they finilly reached the elevator and afther making sure it was clearing they entered, going down...

It was just the two of them inside of the cramped space as Nail's mind wandered agin as her cheeks got red by the thoughts. Watching Hope quickly dismantle and remantle her side arm befor they both reached the science level, yet befor they got ready to depart Nail's attention was taken by Hope as she moved out of tge elevator first. Hope's request almost made steam come off the half-bloods cheeks as that blush turned her whole face red. Speechless Nail only nodded at Hope's request for a firing tutor befor they both moved out to check out theses labs....

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:11 am

It was at the elevator that they encountered their first problem. The doors opened easily enough, and then closed, but as the lift descended, it became quite obvious that there was going to be some sticking. As it finally descended to the lab floor, the doors only opened partway, barely enough for Nail and Hope to gaze out. Outside was a different scene. Two...at least three bodies were in sight, not clear enough to make out faces, but it looked as if they had been drained dry. The walls were scored with laser blasts, probably from those trying to defend themselves. The lights were clattering on and off, fizzling, zapping...

The two can hear some scratching above as well...a heavy thud, as if something had landed atop of them.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:19 pm
Profile WWW

God was she cute. If Hope was a malicious sort she could have played with the Agent a bit though there was no need to. Just tease her a little perhaps but later, oh, later seemed promising indeed. While she played it cool she did steal her share of glances here and there when she could, usually with the premise of seeing if an order was carried out or that she was ensuring that Nail was carrying out instructions. At least she had hoped this was the case any time she might have been caught looking.

The elevator descended and BOOM something landed atop the elevator. She could clearly hear the clatter of it' movements and immediately thought of a bug … bodies, sucked dry … a giant mosquito? No, the camouflage … what the hell was going on here.

She held up a fist to halt Nail and pointed above. It was obvious that she had heard that too but as long as it was in the shaft I could no get to them, she hoped. She just hoped her team managed to avoid them as well … well it was really Ami's team …

She pointed to Nail, cupped her eyes and instructed her to just cover the labs while she brought her rifle to the ceiling. After a few minutes when hings seemed to calm down, if they calmed, she would have Nail try to force the elevator doors enough so they could get out and have a look at what was going on here ...

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next