View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Search (for Gaia) 

Post Re: The Search (for Gaia)
Julienne nodded. “Either hey arranged for the damages themselves or heard about he change of plans but in any case they seemed more than capable. I don't know if the ship really mattered to their overall plans. I don't know if the doctors had a better equipped ship you'd have to ask the ones that made it back.”

He took another sip of his drink as he explained. Such details had not mattered to him when he took the job since it felt like easy money. He wasn't trying to run a blockade or smuggle someone off of the planet, the work was honest, doctors needed a lift to some sort of medical convention and the pay was good.

“So they certainly knew the docs were going to that convention and knew the common routes that would be taken. They stuck from the blind side of a moon before I could escape the gravity well of the planet. They even jammed my communications so I couldn't call for help.

“I tried to out run them too but got my ship shot up pretty good. They used plasma torches to cut their way into the ship some sort of Saurians ...”
the bat-like alien said something and Julienne nodded.

“Thanks for that. The Adda they are called, four armed reptilian creatures that were armed with stun weapons. I don't recall seeing any lethal weapons on them though they had droids with them that seemed capable. Soldier droids. They had no legs and hovered. Their arms ended in blasters.

“They stuck just prior to being able to launch into hyper space. Close enough to it where I thought I could out run them. Whoever had been their gunner though had pinpoint precession hitting the engines and shield generators. They left us a drift in space and continued to jam us they docked with us and cut their way in. I only have a set of forward facing guns so I was out of luck in the firearms department though they could have disabled our weapons with the shooting that gunner was putting out.”

INORGANIC? The word appeared on KD's display. A question or an answer … if the weapon's fire was precise though it was possible that the gunner was really skilled too.

“They knew exactly who they were after too taking some but not all of the doctors.

“I was approached by the doctors themselves. One of hem was looking over docked ships for alternate travel plans and had been with us when we launched. He wasn't among those taken though. What was his name again?”
The co-pilot said something that sounded like onion but Julienne nodded. “Thanks again. It was Ronion. Curtis Ronion. Did you wish to look at the damages to my ship?”

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:32 am

The more she listened the more she was sure that this had been pre-planed to the point of undeniable sabotage of the Doctors ship. They seemed eager enough to get way. What was more alarming was how accurate the ship seemed to be firing according to the Captain, she had to agree out there that could be just accurate. The captain himself seemed to be on the straighten arrow. Though she wouldn't pass him for selling out the doctors for more credits; he just didn’t seem to be the type; When she talked to the others she will see if that was the case. She might even Have KD check the black box for collaborating data.

It also seemed from the captains story that this had been a non-lethal op. Who other did it didn’t want a full scale investigation from the ADD or even the tightening of security within the area. High profiled targets being killed was bad news for a multi billion credit company. That happens percussions would be taken to a new level. Basically bolting down the air space to a tight lid; it would serve to stop smugglers and the like, buy it would also piss them off enough to retaliate. That was something no one want or needed. So take the Dr. you needed leave all witnesses alive to maintain the system balance. So they where looking for someone who understood the economic and social structure of the area.

Perhaps even relied on the business here to prop themselves up. That narrowed down her search margin but it was still a rather long list. The mentioning of the Adda narrowed down that search even farther. She would have to check into that species latter. He then mentioned a doctor that was looking for an alternative ship, but ended up on the ship anyway. Julienne had not only narrowed down her search but gave her another person to talk to. Curtis Ronion.

“So it seems that you’re attacker had no kill intent towards you’re crew... Though I strike it odd that they only took specific doctor. You wouldn’t happen to know their particular field would you.”

( OOC: Question, could I have Anastasia and the Nightingale join in on this, or would that complicate things narrative wise.)

Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:38 pm

“Off hand I don't know there fields but I do have some useful information. A passenger manifest where it should be easy enough to find out their fields. It wasn't anything that I was interested in at the time and I didn't hear anything. I assumed that they dealt with the plant here in some fashion, well most of them … I did know a couple of them though ...”

He considered and looked to his first mate as if she might know something he forgot or didn't. After all she had displayed that her hearing was superior and it could have been a simple matter that she heard something though it wasn't deemed important at the time.

She did say something and Julienne translated the important bits. KD could have provided a translation as well though thus far it seemed unnecessary so it simply recorded the conversation and kept quiet more or less. It would later add some information about the Adda but did not wish to brake up the smoothness of the conversation and it was highly unlikely that Gaia would be able to question the captain on what it revealed any way, it was just a more information it could arm her with.

“Most were biologists, of those taken there was one that was an archaeologist and another that studied stars, some physicist I believe. I remember thinking that the archaeologist was out of place but the physicist made some since, starlight and plants and all.”

(OOC: Oh that's fine, I tend to be more free form from my days running table top games so things change and flow a lot based on decisions rather than having one thing in mind I hardly cared if my groups avoided something as it lead to other possibilities. Adding and subtracting elements can stimulate a story in exciting ways too)

Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:59 pm

‘An archaeologist’ The blue alien woman thought as she mauled over everything she had been informed of. Julienne seemed to rely on his first mate heavily mostly for detail he had been aware of or forgot. Convient, it took the stress off of him remembering the non-sycial details when he other things to think about. Of course for a more accurate understanding she could play it back at a later date with translation just in case. The Physicist made the most since considering the field of study, however she wasn’t sure what the attacker where truly after. So it all seemed strange in general to her especially the archeologist.

“Thats a rather specific list.” She pointed out in thought, her eye’s drifted around the bar for a moment before settling back on the captain. She had obtained all she needed at the moment. She could press a few more questions but at this point it would run of the mill stuff. Besides this was enough for file a seven pages of reports alone. She still needed more information and that meant talking to the scientist.Curtis Ronion was first on the list of those to speak with, but she had check the ships black box and manifest first. It would be easy to get that just by using her ADD status to obtain the black box from local investigators. She would wrap up what she had with the Captain, and do just that. Of course she would would have to publish the report once it censored to keep up with her lie. Though it was good cover she could probably use again if needed be.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:02 pm

The captain seemed disappointed that she wasn't going to check out the damage of the ship. Perhaps he had plans or fantasies given he way that his eyes had roamed over her. But securing the black box was easy enough for her station. KD could retrieve the information stored within easy enough and it all seemed to match up with what julienne had told her.

Getting a passenger manifest was easy, it was in the incident reports of the authorities though, Curtis Ronion, Maynard Prichards, Neblin Ooran and Lye in addition to Julienne and his co-pilot, Miev.

Curtis was at one of the processing plants for that medical plant. He was probably an adviser or project manager of some sort, in any case it had seemed that he had his own department according to the plague on the wall that served as a directory as to where to find people by room number as if she were going through a hospital.

There were those in the halls, doctors and the like though no one seemed to stop her until she got to a reception area manned by a protocol droid who asked if she had an appointment and who she was there to see. She buzzed Curtis and she was allowed to head into his office within a few minutes.

The office was big but pristine. There was a painting on the south wall, a holographic one that depicted a sail boat rocking through the ocean. Another on the opposite wall had some sort of fish or dolphin leaping from the ocean.

Curtis was a middle aged bearded man with black hair and streaks of white in it. He had set aside a datapad and stood extending a hand to her naturally he seemed impressed to see her never the less.

"'I'm afraid C-8 didn't give me to many details We've been having glitches with that one but budget cuts haven't allowed us to repair that one yet.”

Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:45 am

The Captain was disappointed for obvious reasons. Though it was clear she wasn’t going to give him anything his fantasies warranted. She merely said her thanks and moved on. Besides she didn’t need to check out the damage of the ship. It was easy to get the box off the ship, it all checked out. No surprise he seemed legit anyway, it never hurt to double check anyway. The manifest was easy to get ahold off, the report however took some doing. In the end she recived the names she needed.

Her first stop was Curtis. He was located at a processing plant, dealing with the miracle plant. The place was large, but not enough to actually need a directory it seemed; still it was nice to have and made it easy to deal with. The man had to be of some type of importance as it seemed he was on a whole different side of the building. Then she came to the waiting area and was greeted by a protocol droid. She gave her information on who she was. She gave her real credentials instead of her fake. It made the transaction less painful she found from Juliene. He had no reason to lie, but it eased things a little plus she had been in a shady bar. No need to ruffle fathers needlessly.

Here however she could work in an official capacity without problems here.Within minutes she was meeting the doctor. He looked to middle age with a beard. Like the Captain he was rather happy to see her. The curse and benefit of her species. Easy to appeal and get other to relax around her and yet spur their interest in intiment manner rather easily. His office was quiet impressive large and pristine. He was obviously very important here. She could she a holographic image of water and sea creatures she had never seen before. They where only known to humans.

“I see, I had no real problems with it however.” She stated as took the mans hand. She glances at the data pad briefly as she takes it. She couldn't see what was on it, but it could have been his work so she ignored it for now.” I assume you know why I am visiting Mr. Ronin?”

Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:49 am

A rather appealing change of scenery from what he was use to though the view from his office window that encompassed the entirety of one of the walls had been breath taking. There had been a canyon just behind the plant itself on this side of the facility and it was little wonder why the department head offices had been in this wing.

After be offered a seat and their initial formalities seen too Curtis sat back down and set aside his datapad. It was just boring work on the facility and the plant that he was doing, at least the agent would find it pretty drab.

“Yes, I can guess it has something to do with the recent attack and kidnapping on The Julienne what can I assist you with?”
Either he had not been very busy or practical enough to set aside what he was doing for the sake of the investigation. It only made sense, two of his people were missing and from the feel of it he did not have anything to hide, at least not initially.

Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Gaia gracefully took a seat when Ronnin offered it. The office had lovely view of a canyon and a nice lighting arrangement. She would have preferred a view of water rather than dry dirt, but she was an aquatic species thus she always preferred water to land. The facility itself seemed pretty normal nothing out order and the atmosphere was normal. The man set aside his work for the investigation. Showing loyalty or wisdom in doing so. It was stating that he cared about these people or his job enough to cooperate as much as plausible. It also made it appear that he wasn’t hiding anything.

“ It has very nuch of everything to do with the kidnappings of the Julienne.” Gaia stated politely.” The A.D.D is concerned that this was deliberate attack from a organized force, oppose to random pirate raids. Seeing as no ransom hasn’t been issued yet it becoming more likely that they where targeted....” She explained quickly delegating the seriousness of it.

“Further more it has come to my attention that the initial ship you and you’re co-workers where to take was damage and that you despite you’’re co-workers tried find another ship to travel on... It means nothing nothing really but for me it strikes a bit of an odd coincidence.” was she implying that he set him up, no at least not directly and more over she wasn’t even confirming that it was and accusation. Just that it was odd thing for him to do if they where traveling as a group. Besides she wanted to get that out of the way as quickly as plausible; his initial reactions to what she just said; would tell her all she needed to know of his position and goal.

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:36 pm

“As far as I can determine that is a fair assumption. I have allocated funds in hiring a private investigator to look into matters. The sector police are looking into the matter but there are so many cases dividing their attention that I wanted to make sure that the issue had someone's constant attention,'” Curtis stated.

"There are a few things that have been determined and others that were assumed as likely. Our ship wasn't sabotaged as far as e could tell it was just a worn out part that was discovered during the pre-flight check but seeing that there was a conference we had to get to last minute arrangements had to be made. In the end we never got to the conference though as far as we wee able to conclude someone here had to be watching us, our departure time wouldn't have been disclosed to anyone save for the pilot of the ship so unless he had a hand in this then someone here must have made contact with the kidnappers to relay the changes.

“We were attacked on a fairly common jump route that most ships take before leaving the system so timing had to be crucial to avoid interference from other craft. To arrange communications though one would have to use a real time transmission which can be quite expensive or the ship was close by, say a moon … I ruled out the other pilot being responsible, he is my younger brother and has a pretty clean track record, no debit and thus a need for money and his spirituality makes him less materialistic then most. He has enough to survive in a comfortable manner but cares about little else.

“I don't think religion or revenge factors into this either.”
Curtis fell silent for a moment.

“Do you know of the Adda?”

Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:28 pm

The Adda had been mentioned by Curtis brother. that came as a surprise but could she the resemblance eve though it had to take second glance to realize this. It seemed she was going have to report the finding of the Adda to her superiors for more information on them in order to get an idea on what she was up against and investigating. It also seemed that Curtis had taken care of the details. Seeing as Juliene didn’t have much of reason to betray his brother, and it was unlikely the two had planned this given the nature of scenario. That left the co-pilot who she already ruled out, and the other scientist. Perhaps one of them sold out their comrades.

“Thats the second time I’ve heard the name. I don’t know much about other their name and that they a lizard like species.” Neva replied calmly. She might have the A.D.D run a transmission scan the area, with wouldn’t do much other than confirm what Curtis theory on a transmitter. It would serve to tell where the signal came from, the ship, or land, even more importantly if another ship was within range of it.

“Say close by to a moon as if you already know exactly where it was. I understand that you an investigator but that quiet a narrow down assumption and you’re quiet confident on that as well.’ Gaia said having thought about for a moment. He maybe innocent but this way laid out a little too good to be true.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:25 pm

“I was thinking moon because I know of the Adda. I only learned a bit on them with their increased attacks in the area. Think non space faring species with barely the comprehension of space travel. They can only do the later because of advanced tech given o them. The same goes for their weapons, what is normal to use is quite advanced for them though learning how to use them are simple enough.”

Curtis nodded slightly then rubbed his chin. “What I have learned of them is information that has been leaked out concerning them. Some have been caught, piracy for the most part though what set these ones apart had been their tech. The droids are a new touch as it was my understanding that they were primitive more or less and revered a being called the Emissary, a link to their Gods. From what I have gathered they are being deceived by an alien posing as this Emissary, a being with modern tech that must have shown them advancing them from a primitive state to hundreds of years ahead of their development.

“I theorize hat these Adda are still working for their Emissary, they strike me as fanatical although I have been unable to sit down with any and can only judge by what I have heard and the abduction incident. It's likely though that this Emissary is working with someone else … their low tech has lead me to believe that they weren't using anything advanced and were close by on the or near the moon or at least in ear shot of the planet with limited tech … even with the droids unless someone else was in charge I doubt that the primitive Adda would know how to order something you or I take for granted having no knowledge of them. I had not seen anyone else in charge though when they boarded the ship.”

Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:45 am

This was most interesting. A species that had gained technology because someone gave it to them, it seemed that someone had risen them up without proper edict. Besides that broke galactic laws doing so. What was even more interesting was this Emissary, it seemed that he made himself a god amongst the Adda and was using them as his own personal army. Meaning this got a lot more complicated. She was going to have to report this immeaditly. She wasn’t sure if her higher ups would do anything about it, but this could get out of hand very quickly.

MOstly because as Curtis stated they sounded fanatical so changing their view point would be hopeless.” It sounds like someone may have been en charged and simply didn’t show themselves.” The blue alien reasoned. Showing some concern over this knowledge.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Curtis nodded. “That or they had been handed down orders. I had my investigator do a little checking behind motives and such but he's turned up nothing in that department. He has uncovered information about their Emissary though. Apparently the ADD had dealt with him numerous times when he was a small fry, capturing him or using him as an informant I don't know the exact details though I'm sure you could get that.

“He's a being called Goro, some sort of slime creature though I don't think he has a last name. Either he's got new tech with the droids or … well this piece of insight seems to be too much of a coincidence to overlook.

“Those droids while not unique have been used in a lot of abductions and piracy attacks as of late associated with the Hel'Corian Ven, another individual that the ADD had dealings with. My investigator cannot look into these connections readily, such records aren't exactly open and we can only speculate right now that Ven and Goro are working together for an unknown reason. That may not be the case but we're working that angel as the worse case scenario. Goro's fanatics and Ven's tech, with objectives that are rather unclear … it could even be as simple as Goro attempting to make it look as if Ven is connected and divert resources away from him but that's a stretch.”

Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:54 am

“ You’re Private investigator is quiet impressive.” Gaia said pleased with the information she was receiving. It would taken a while to get the same information, but half the work was done. Goro, that was a name she didn’t know. This was all intriguing. Finding out what the two where up to was going to take priority. She wondered if gathering information was this easy most of the time. Or was it this area had people who respected the law and wanted to do something about these crimes.

“If he’s using droids usually used by VEn, then it is a good chance the two are working together. To what extent that is to be determined.” Gaia said having fill of the information given to her.”Tell you’re investigator that the A.D.D will take from here... We will do all we can to bring you’re co-workers home safely.”

Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:36 pm

“Only the best for my people. There safe return is a priority after all,” he responded with a smile. Whether it was the loss of life or their particular skill set had been unknown though given their fields how important would either have been to the day to day operations of he plant.

“Agreed, I will inform him.” He paused for a moment as he considered something. “To figure out what the pair is doing perhaps what Ven is targeting for thefts could clear that up. If they split matters in that Goro is collecting personnel I would reason that either he himself is collecting equipment too or Ven himself is taking that on while he concentrates on one particular aspect.”

It was just a suggestion though he himself must have just thought of it himself if he had not passed that along to the investigator. The Adda had been known to act in the area but were there any underworld connections here that she could look into or elsewhere had been her call.

Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next